[ROM]-[13]-[KIEV]-LineageOS-20-[OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

SyberHexen

is this compatible with the XT2213-3 (Austin)? i diddnt see it in the supported models list. this is the thread for the Motorola Moto 5 5G right?
No this fourm is for the Kiev

Moto g 5g (2022) aka 'Austin' will have its own forum. But probably too new to have a home on xda yet..

On another note I would be surprised to see roms on that device as it has a mediatek processor.

Good luck!

zigxda

Apr 15, 2021
I have a Motorola One 5G Ace (non-UW) XT2113-2 "kiev" and a Motorola One 5G Ace UW XT2113-1 "kievv" both on Verizon.

The kiev is fully unlocked and working well on LineageOS 18.1-20220702-NIGHTLY-kiev.

The kievv, however, is apparently subsidy locked to Verizon and entering the necessary codes causes the Motorola web site to report that unlocking the bootloader is blocked. I bought the kievv outright and I assume eventually it will be possible to unlock the bootloader, but at that point will the kiev image work on the kievv also?

As I understand it, the only difference is that the kievv adds support for mmWave (n260/ n261) bands.

SyberHexen

I have a Motorola One 5G Ace (non-UW) XT2113-2 "kiev" and a Motorola One 5G Ace UW XT2113-1 "kievv" both on Verizon.

The kiev is fully unlocked and working well on LineageOS 18.1-20220702-NIGHTLY-kiev.

The kievv, however, is apparently subsidy locked to Verizon and entering the necessary codes causes the Motorola web site to report that unlocking the bootloader is blocked. I bought the kievv outright and I assume eventually it will be possible to unlock the bootloader, but at that point will the kiev image work on the kievv also?

As I understand it, the only difference is that the kievv adds support for mmWave (n260/ n261) bands.
Unfortunately Kievv can't be bootloader unlocked. Also if it was its got a different partition structure so the rom would not work anyways =/

smartasiankid

May 26, 2019
Can't say for sure, I want to build a custom kernel before moving to this myself (and I never touch the system partition anyway), but it should be formatted for R/W.

You only need to do an EFS backup and run Copy Partitions once when moving from Stock to Custom.

Follow the OP, reboot before installing GApps and Magisk.

Android Verified Boot state can never be changed on custom firmware without an exploit early in the boot chain or getting private signing keys. It does not matter, Magisk hides this so it has no effect. You can still pass safetynet as long as hardware attestation is not enforced. Your Note 4 does not have AVB.

No, you can flash over it without effecting anything else. The OP never says to flash recovery and it's optional anyway. Just boot into bootloader mode and send it over with "fastboot boot twrp.img".
Do i need to flash stock rom every time i move to a different custom rom or can i just go straight to a different rom wo flashing stock first?

fddm

Feb 24, 2011
D

Deleted member 10134073

Unlocked and flashed the 2022-06-30 RETUS update. Booted into stock to provision the radios and check on visual voicemail (more about that below). I noticed the same behavior as before wrt the oem unlocking, otherwise didn't stay here long.

Then flashed a DIY unofficial build (updating the rollback index to 14 from 13). Booted fine so i went ahead and re-locked the bootloader. No issues - I was able to toggle the oem locking to allow (after locking the bootloader) as before.

Restored a backup via seedvault and went through a couple of hours of additional tweeks that seedvault misses (some of which I don't expect seedvault should backup like firefox, nextcloud, davx accounts, k9 email passwords, etc).

The FM radio is back! No need for me to apply hackish patches - thank you for that.

The (new to lineageos) moto camera seems to work well. Hedgecam2 filled a need, but I think I'll switch to the lineageos provided moto camera. Thank you for that.

I have visual voice mail without having to use my carriers bloatware app! For the longest time (years), I could not get visual voicemail working and so just lived without it. I'm not sure what brought it back. Some bug fixed in the updated stock rom radios? Bugs fixed in the updated blobs? As mentioned above, I did use visual voice mail on the stock rom with the thought that maybe something needs to be provisioned for it after updating the radio. Any event, it's nice to have the option to use it.

Very pleased atm. My thanks to those that made this possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

smartasiankid

May 26, 2019
Unlocked and flashed the 2022-06-30 RETUS update. Booted into stock to provision the radios and check on visual voicemail (more about that below). I noticed the same behavior as before wrt the oem unlocking, otherwise didn't stay here long.

Then flashed a DIY unofficial build (updating the rollback index to 14 from 13). Booted fine so i went ahead and re-locked the bootloader. No issues - I was able to toggle the oem locking to allow (after locking the bootloader) as before.

Restored a backup via seedvault and went through a couple of hours of additional tweeks that seedvault misses (some of which I don't expect seedvault should backup like firefox, nextcloud, davx accounts, k9 email passwords, etc).

The FM radio is back! No need for me to apply hackish patches - thank you for that.

The (new to lineageos) moto camera seems to work well. Hedgecam2 filled a need, but I think I'll switch to the lineageos provided moto camera. Thank you for that.

I have visual voice mail without having to use my carriers bloatware app! For the longest time (years), I could not get visual voicemail working and so just lived without it. I'm not sure what brought it back. Some bug fixed in the updated stock rom radios? Bugs fixed in the updated blobs? As mentioned above, I did use visual voice mail on the stock rom with the thought that maybe something needs to be provisioned for it after updating the radio. Any event, it's nice to have the option to use it.

Instagram opening animation on lineageos is choppy on both 18.1 and 19.1, though shakeuptech said it was not. Can you comment on that?

D

Deleted member 10134073

Instagram opening animation on lineageos is choppy on both 18.1 and 19.1, though shakeuptech said it was not. Can you comment on that?
Sorry, I don't use instagram. I do turn off blur (but just because I don't like it).

BTW wifi calling is working for me but I have not used it in the past. I'm not sure if you might need to "provision" that as well while on stock before installing lineageos tho. I did test it out on stock before my most recent lineageos update. I wonder if that is part of the reason I've got visual voicemail now.

@SyberHexen

Regarding using stock to provision kiev's radios, is it necessary to do this when roaming between carriers? (i.e. if i provision on TMobile, but then travel to an area serviced by ATT only (in this case I think TMobile customers use ATT's network as "roaming") will I lose service? What about changing sims to verizon (RETUS should work with verizon if I'm not mistaken) or traveling to Europe, Asia, etc? Will I need to reload stock to provision each time I change networks/sims?

Last edited by a moderator:

smartasiankid

May 26, 2019
Oh but the thing is the retus version for me doesn't have WiFi calling (I'm on at&t) but if i flash the Canadian firmware WiFi calling works fine on stock.

Last edited:
Reactions: RETIEF
D

Deleted member 10134073

the retus version for me doesn't have WiFi calling (I'm on at&t)
Out of curiosity, have your tried flashing the most recent (6/30/2022) RETUS stock to upgrade the radios? Also, I believe the lineageos binary blobs are were updated from this RETUS version.

I have little experience and even less knowledge wrt "provisioning", wifi calling, when to update radios, and binary blobs (hence why I keep editing my prior post).

smartasiankid

May 26, 2019
Out of curiosity, have your tried flashing the most recent (6/30/2022) RETUS stock to upgrade the radios? Also, I believe the lineageos binary blobs are were updated from this RETUS version.

I have little experience and even less knowledge wrt "provisioning", wifi calling, when to update radios, and binary blobs (hence why I keep editing my prior post).
No I have not. Will probably try it when a new build for lineageos is out.

smartasiankid

May 26, 2019

See just how laggy that animation is? It is definitely broken. And settings also has that issue sometimes when opening the app.

J_Woo

Apr 5, 2008

@notmyrealhandle which LineageOS version are you using with the Moto camera in it? Online, Lineage OS latest official build for Kiev is still 18.1 from July 16. Lineage OS 19..1 build (unofficial) is from June 29 and does not have the Moto camera if I remember correctly from when I tried it.

D

Deleted member 10134073

which LineageOS version are you using with the Moto camera in it?
I do my own builds of lineageos 18.1. The build I'm currently using is from 07/14/2022 and has com.motorolla.camera3 v 8.0.77.76. I did not add this my self, I believe this is the new default camera from inspecting this commit (and others associated with it).

I expect this is included in official builds starting with lineage-18.1-20220709-nightly-kiev-signed.zip

J_Woo

Apr 5, 2008
I do my own builds of lineageos 18.1. The build I'm currently using is from 07/14/2022 and has com.motorolla.camera3 v 8.0.77.76. I did not add this my self, I believe this is the new default camera from inspecting this commit (and others associated with it).

I expect this is included in official builds starting with lineage-18.1-20220709-nightly-kiev-signed.zip
Cool. Last question. Getting GAPPS to load nicely with Lineage OS seems to be finicky. Which GAPPS are you using?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Motorola G 5G / Motorola One G 5G Ace
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 20 thread for the Motorola G 5G, codename kiev.​
    Join our Motorola G 5g / Motorola One 5G Ace Development Telegram Group!​

LINKS:
    ROM Files: LineageOS-20
    Mind The GApps: Download
    Magisk: Magisk
    Factory Firmware: Stock Firmware Mirror
    Copy Partitions: copypartitions.zip

How to Install:
    01. Use Install instructions @ LineageOS-wiki

NOTES:
    *Note-1: Slots, ROMS install to opposite (inactive) slot
    If you FLASHED ROM from "Slot A", then ROM is installed to "Slot B", If you Flashed ROM from "Slot B", then ROM is installed to "Slot A"
    *Note-2: Updating "Dirty Flash"
    01. Boot recovery​
    02. Flash ROM​
    03. Reboot -> Recovery​
    04. Install Gapps + Magisk​
    05. Reboot -> System​
    *Note-3: SafteyNet:
    Lineage OS builds will not pass CTS/SafetyNet -- due to the AVB flag's "red" status. (Magisk works fine with SafetyNet patcher modules, though is not supported.)​

XDA:DevDB Information
    kiev-lineageos, ROM for the Motorole G 5G

Contributors

erfanoabdi, SyberHexen, Jleeblanch
    Source Code: https://github.com/SyberHexen

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-07-05
    Last Updated 2023-02-15
    I made this tutorial to help in flashing.
    Changelogs:

09/19/2021
    Device changelog:

- Fixed Regression with DRM Apps
    Past Changelogs:

09/16/2021
    Device changelog:

- Fixed Incoming call audio bug
    - Updated Brightness overlays
    - Updated Kernel Device Trees
    - Misc Improvements
    09/09/2021
    Device changelog:

- Enforcing Selinux
    - Fixed Off-mode Charging
    - Switched to Racer Off-mode animation
    - Fixed Setting device model between Ace/5g variants
    - Fixed Media studder
    08/12/2021
    Device changelog:

- carrierconfig: update from kievv tag 'RRV31.Q2-36-14-8'
    - carrierconfig: update from CAF tag 'LA.UM.9.12.r1-10800-SMxx50.0'
    - update defconfig from kievv tag 'RRV31.Q2-36-14-8'
    - Show Turbo Charging instead of charging rapidly
    - enable support for freeform windows and picture-in-picture
    - upgrade bootctrl hal to 1.1
    - increase audio for speaker(s) and microphone
    - Exfat driver included to kernel for LOS recovery support
    07/22/2021
    Device changelog:

- Minor Fixes
    - Updated Brightness overlays

07/05/2021
    Device changelog:

- Minor Fixes
    - Switch to Pixel Power Hal

07/01/2021
    Device changelog:

- Initial Build

My Review After 1 Day:

Running Android 11 - Lineage OS 18.1 Unofficial Nightly

Just wanted to give you all my opinion. This is a very stable rom so far.. I just bought this phone today and had the bootloader unlocked, TWRP installed, this ROM with Gapps, and Magisk (both zip and apk).. all in about 2 hours. I have been ROMing for 10 years now and this was not that bad for someone with experience. I really didnt run into a problem. I have the stock firmware unbrick tool if I needed it. I did have to reflash my twrp after the initial rom install.. lineage has its own recovery which overwrites the twrp I wanted.. I just had to fastboot flash recovery to put the correct one on. Whats with this Slot A/B thing .. thats a strange concept that I need to select a Slot.. thats a new one. also the bootloader unlock code.. i have never had to enter an unlock code before for a bootloader but was easy to submit the request and my email came in 2 minutes.. this is a great rom with many more features than the stock firmware. I was able to switch the back and recents buttons to the older way with the back button on the right. I am testing GCam for a faster camera.. lineage stock camera has a little lag (after you press the button it takes a half second for the click sound and image preview to show). GCam is a little faster so far but I need to stress-test for stability.

enjoy this rom.. its got my approval.

EDIT: I attached my GCam config file. Everything is working.. all functions have been tested and no freezes or issues with instability. I will report back with issues.

= GCam likes Google Photos app to load the images from within GCam.

= I just snapped 50 pics one right after the other, non-stop, very fast beat.... there was lag but it was totally expected.. it did not freeze up and eventually caught up fine and would continue for a couple pics then lag again.. I would expect all this to happen and its stability was very good.

Battery Drain is 2% over 5 hours sitting on my desk with screen off on standby. Battery Drain is a little more than I like while using apps. This needs some battery management but its not that bad.