[ROM][14][monet][OFFICIAL] Evolution X 8.3 [06/02/2024]

Search This thread

charwed

Jan 29, 2011
Hi there,
When using chrome browser with gestures, i can swipe back to previous page, swiping forward is not working, this action also brings me to previos page.

pap96

Mar 7, 2011
Athens
Hi @mikairyuu.
Any plans for a further release? I know it's really complaining on a high level - but I was used to see one release per month and the last one is from start of Feb.
The only current issue that I get when using your ROM is the white noise in low level volume.
Other than that I'm really happy with it.
Thank you.
Yes, sound is the monet's bane. We have the unique sound card that doesn't work with aosp correctly. We've taken multiple attempts to fix it but it looks like it's not going to happen.
I guess we are unlucky with the sound bug...(mostly because of the phone choise :p )

charwed

Jan 29, 2011
Hi there,

i also have a xiaomi Mi 10T lite Gaugin phone with latest proton android 13 rom, device info says it has the same soundcard as the mi 10 monet. the
gaugin version has no sound card problem. can someone confirm they
do use the same soundcard.

mikairyuu

Aug 23, 2020
Hi there,

i also have a xiaomi Mi 10T lite Gaugin phone with latest proton android 13 rom, device info says it has the same soundcard as the mi 10 monet. the
gaugin version has no sound card problem. can someone confirm they
do use the same soundcard.

Nope they are not the same
Elevoc sound is only used on monet and some motorola nio but it's used as a mic there
I have it proven by doing a brute search on github across all the device trees that ever existed
It's probably not a sound chip but rather a speaker manufacturer
You won't find such intricate info in device info, we know it only because we've worked with device sources directly

charwed

Jan 29, 2011
Nope they are not the same
Elevoc sound is only used on monet and some motorola nio but it's used as a mic there
I have it proven by doing a brute search on github across all the device trees that ever existed
It's probably not a sound chip but rather a speaker manufacturer
You won't find such intricate info in device info, we know it only because we've worked with device sources directly
Hi there,
what a pitty its not the same, thanks for confirmation that its not the same soundcard, and your work.

Z3Rr0_C0ol

Jan 31, 2013
Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite
after update to evo-x 7.8 following issues:
- All Homescreen settings are gone (Widgets, App Icons, ...)
- Background&Themes sometimes crashes
- SearchBar at the bottom of the screen, which cannot be removed (!!!!)

Will there be a fix to disable the searchbar ?

charwed

Jan 29, 2011
Hi there,

After installing, i have done a full reset. No problems with themes, searhbar is part of the google launcher. Rom is very smooth, better than previous one. The only problem i have is, i cant perform a Ota update, i have to flash with adb. Recovery is pixelxperience latest.

mikairyuu

Aug 23, 2020
after update to evo-x 7.8 following issues:
- All Homescreen settings are gone (Widgets, App Icons, ...)
- Background&Themes sometimes crashes
- SearchBar at the bottom of the screen, which cannot be removed (!!!!)

Will there be a fix to disable the searchbar ?
1 and 3 are because we're back to using the pixel launcher instead of the evox launcher. It's unlikely to ever change since code changes every QPR are too big for evox dev to bring it up again every single quarter.
You're free to use any other 3rd party launcher you like.
Overall evox opted for a launcher3 fork because of pixel launcher drain before, which was caused by it trying to do tensor-specific AI stuff on CPU.
Since that a solution has been found and now pixel launcher should behave the same way it would on a pixel 5 for example.
2 is weird and I haven't heard any other reports of it. I can only recommend clean flash I think lol.
Hi there,

After installing, i have done a full reset. No problems with themes, searhbar is part of the google launcher. Rom is very smooth, better than previous one. The only problem i have is, i cant perform a Ota update, i have to flash with adb. Recovery is pixelxperience latest.
Dunno, should work, you might want to try evox recovery next time.

Reactions: charwed

stefan_nl

Oct 4, 2007
I have been running the new update for a few days now and all seem well! I had to rearrange icons and things as well due to the change of launcher - otherwise no issue. Thanks as usual!

charwed

Jan 29, 2011
Hi there,

Today i have been using Google maps to navigate. After a while phone became very hot, this was not a problem with previous rom. I also hope Google launcher will stay. Its very smooth, works without problems.

pap96

Mar 7, 2011
Athens
Been using the latest update for a few days now. There are 2 issues i have noticed.
First one is related to the unlocking of the phone. When I receive a notification, the AOD lights up, but if I press the unlock button, it won't unlock the phone, until the AOD turns off again.
The second one, is regarding the battery life. Maybe it's because of the pixel launcher? At least for me, the degradation is noticeable.

As always, thanks for keeping this phone interesting and functional with the rom updates!

Reactions: Verbato

Verbato

Jan 1, 2007
Hallingdal
Can confirm on the AOD-screen. Also, when setting it to "always on", or "always on when charging", it turns on, but then goes black - until some type of message appears, then it lights up for a second, and goes black again. This only applies to the latest ROM.

charwed

Jan 29, 2011
Hi there, i have installed latest ver. 7.9. The problems you mention are not existing. We also cannot use continious always on display, our screen does not support that.

pap96

Mar 7, 2011
Athens
Another thing I noticed is that the battery charging limits feature is missing now? Setting this feature to on when using Android Auto for a long amount of time, has saved the phone's battery health 😂
Was this removed on purpose or I can't find it?

stefan_nl

Oct 4, 2007
Since the May 2nd update my girlfriends has started complaining about echoing on the line when we call - anyone have the same experience? Will check is the latest update helps

pap96

Mar 7, 2011
Athens
Had another update yesterday, so far so good.
2 notes:
Still can't seem to find the battery charging limits.
The status bar seems duplicated (check image). I saw on the change log that there was a fix with the operator name.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230516-084939_Chrome.png
    Screenshot_20230516-084939_Chrome.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 90

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IvlZLyc.png

Evolution X for the Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite [monet]
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is void. Or vaild, probably?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, Ebolation X,
    * thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following
    * these directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and if
    * you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will LMAO at you.
    */

0KUV8YX.png

Living, Breaking, Keep Evolving.
    Pixel UI, customization and more, we are Evolution X!

- Team Evolution X -
    @joeyhuab
    @peaktogoo (Now RealAkito)

Reach us on Twitter! @EvolutionXROM

CIrL2gb.png

There are some bugs that are present on all monet custom roms:
    1) On low volume speaker audio is distorted a bit
    2) AOD drains battery a lot, it's better to never use it
    DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

o2G52Ve.png

First Time Install / Clean Flash
    1. Reboot to Recovery(any recovery will do)
    2. Download the proper ZIP for your device
    3. Wipe Data/Cache/System when coming from non-AOSP ROMs or other android versions
    4 Flash the proper firmware
    5. Flash the ROM
    6. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Update / Dirty Flash
    1. Reboot to Recovery
    2. Download the proper ZIP for your device
    3. Flash the ROM
    4. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

S2t0kJ9.png

Evolution X 8.3 (Balut) update available for monet!

- Initial A14 update
    - February secpatch
    7.9.5 update is out.
    New update! Screen off FOD has finally made its way on monet!
    Highlights:
    - Rebased on a clean LOS tree
    - Implemented Screen off FOD
    - Updated all blobs to fresh CAF tag
    - Fixed hotspot idle battery drain
    6.3.1 Update is available!
    Highlights:
    - May security patch
    - Implemented Pixel Thermal HAL
    - USB settings fixed
    - Minor battery improvements
    - Minor GPS improvements