Development [ROM][13][OFFICIAL][alioth] PixelExperience for Redmi K40/Poco F3/Mi 11X [AOSP][DISCONTINUED]

Search This thread

HannibalLecture

Nov 13, 2022
I am using this rom (PE13+ Nov 13 build) since past 5 days I have faced 2 issues. The rom doesn't have battery percentage indicator. It comes when you're charging the phone. Also I've noticed the phone overheats after post charging. Although this happened only today in the morning that too once. But it's a bit concerning. Else the build is super stable and no bugs experienced at all. Kudos to dev team
Go to System > Status Bar > Battery Indicator. It's there but in a different place

Yescafe

Sep 2, 2016
Is there anyone having the same problem? I can't receive any call when I use Bluetooth connecting to my earphones or smart watch. But if I disable the call option in Bluetooth device details the call can come in. All system perms in Bluetooth apps is enabled. Thanx.

apxun75

Nov 21, 2022
a request to the developers if they are reading this. Please make the transition area between applications and their folding a little smaller than the height of the operation. because it happens when you pull something from below, and your application collapses..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221204-161313_Настройки~2.png
    Screenshot_20221204-161313_Настройки~2.png
    683 KB · Views: 80
  • Screenshot_20221204-161333_Настройки~2.png
    Screenshot_20221204-161333_Настройки~2.png
    163.6 KB · Views: 81

ZChuckMoris

Apr 25, 2016
Noticed some bugs:
1. Turning off "extend compatibility" in Hotspot settings doesn't work: WiFi Hotspot still runs on 2.4 Ghz frequency (not 5 Ghz).
2. Flashlight QS tile doesn't work after boot: it says that camera is in use. Only I open and close camera app, i am able to turn on flashlight.
3. Sometimes gesture for app switch (swipe up and hold from gesture bar) doesn't work on Launcher, and the Launcher doesn't respond on tap to open app.
4. Game Dashboard worked only on first day after flashing ROM. Now it doesn't work.

In other terms it seems to be a great ROM. Thanks to the maintainer for this work!

Reactions: PrototypeM95

apxun75

Nov 21, 2022
More of the cons:

1. When unlocking, the animation sometimes freezes

2. The curtain sometimes flies out with a delay

As it is revealed, I will add more

GR4WL1X

Dec 4, 2022
First of all thank you to the developer for working on PE, I used the 12 version for a few months and it's been awesome.
One issue that cropped up a few days ago is that mobile data stopped working for me. The icon switches between 5G/ LTE/ H etc. depending on the signal strength but it always has the exclamation mark. Tried everything I could think of from rebooting to factory reset, nothing works. Then I flashed the latest 13 image and the issue is still present. I also flashed Evolution X and it's not working there as well. Curiously, it's working if I flash the latest MIUI EU. My carrier is Vodafone Romania. Did anyone else experience this problem?
I'm having the same problem.
I have flashed PE13+ a few days ago and noticed that i keep losing mobile data and cellular respiration. The signal is either very bad, bad with exclamation mark or gone completely. While I was on MIUI I never had these issues, and I don't wanna go back to MIUI because i like PE13+.
My carrier is Telekom Montenegro.

apxun75

Nov 21, 2022
I'm having the same problem.
I have flashed PE13+ a few days ago and noticed that i keep losing mobile data and cellular respiration. The signal is either very bad, bad with exclamation mark or gone completely. While I was on MIUI I never had these issues, and I don't wanna go back to MIUI because i like PE13+.
My carrier is Telekom Montenegro.
And I have the opposite, on PE13+ the connection became better, in the underground parking, where H + was turned on on miui, lte is turned on here:)

Nukrid

Dec 5, 2022
I am encountering a glitch that, when switching between apps, sometimes the app in question freezes for a few seconds, this happens a lot especially with Discord, but has also happened with Firefox and other apps, although less frequently.

apxun75

Nov 21, 2022
Another glitch, the bar is on, although the gesture hint is disabled in the settings...

And yet, the "MIR pay" application periodically freezes at startup, and it stays that way for a very long time. Then it starts

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221205-133934_Mir Pay.png
    Screenshot_20221205-133934_Mir Pay.png
    49.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20221205_133152.jpg
    IMG_20221205_133152.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 63

rosiu26

Aug 17, 2016
Hi, i have crdroid v9, can i use TWRP to install this rom ?
I don't want lost data, and did i mus't install MIUI ( which firmware is recomended ?) or can i flash directly
crdroid-> PixelExperience ?

Last edited:

apxun75

Nov 21, 2022
Here are some more nuances. App permissions are revoked almost every day. issued the day before. in telegram "picture in picture", "installation from unknown sources", "access to all files" and "access to usage statistics"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221206-071023_AccuBattery.png
    Screenshot_20221206-071023_AccuBattery.png
    355.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20221206-071034_Настройки.png
    Screenshot_20221206-071034_Настройки.png
    111.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20221206-071003_AccuBattery~2.png
    Screenshot_20221206-071003_AccuBattery~2.png
    187.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

apxun75

Nov 21, 2022
because of the status bar, which constantly changes values, that is, it is updated, the screen refresh rate jumps in idle mode, 120-60-120. with each change in the status bar, it goes from 60 hertz to 120. and so on endlessly. This causes the image to flicker. either brighter or dimmer. visible in the dark when the brightness is minimal. I hope that everything I write is seen by the developers))

and also in the status bar, when there are many items, the network speed is superimposed on the bluetooth icon

I will add more. no auto brightness in aod mode. what brightness was at the time of blocking the display, this will be on aod

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221206-070713_4PDA.png
    Screenshot_20221206-070713_4PDA.png
    64.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20221206-070710_4PDA.png
    Screenshot_20221206-070710_4PDA.png
    62.3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Reactions: FoxVol

apxun75

Nov 21, 2022
another bug. broadcast is not working. crashes error

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221206-152153_Настройки.png
    Screenshot_20221206-152153_Настройки.png
    91.1 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: FoxVol

apxun75

Nov 21, 2022
Another nuance, maybe the developers will fix it. the height of the transition gesture between applications is very high. for example, when trying to rewind a video in a telegram, a swipe constantly fires.

it's not only telegrams, it's everywhere, where you need to press something from below, you get a swipe

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221206-160851_Telegram~2.png
    Screenshot_20221206-160851_Telegram~2.png
    990.4 KB · Views: 56

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New builds published.

PixelExperience changes:
    - January security patch
    - Updated Google apps
    - Other changes
    Device changes:
    - Fixed incoming calls dropping when a Bluetooth device is connected
    - Fixed audio not playing through wired headphones
    - Added auxiliary camera support to default camera app
    - Reduced vibration intensity
    - Updated firmware to MIUI 13.0.6 Global
    - Updated kernel to 4.19.269

And with that, my work here is done.
    If you've been paying attention, you'll notice that both the website and this thread has been updated. I'll try and answer some of the questions you may have here:

Wait, this ROM is "discontinued"? What does that mean?
    This means that I will no longer be providing updates or support for this device.
    What will happen to my device? Will it stop working? Will I still get updates?
    Nothing will happen to your device, and you can keep using it. If you're still on an older build, you can still update to the latest version. However, unless someone else decides to maintain this device, you will not get any more updates.
    What's happening to the PixelExperience project?
    The PixelExperience project is not going anywhere.
    Will someone else maintain this device?
    As of right now, nobody knows when or if somebody else will maintain this device. However, considering how popular the Poco F3 is, I predict, but can't guarantee that it won't be long before somebody else takes the wheel. If you're a regular user, I'd suggest waiting a month or two. If you're a developer, now's your opportunity to maintain a popular device on a popular custom ROM with thousands of users. Move fast.
    Can I still download the last releases on the website?
    Sure! The last builds I released should still be up on the official website for the foreseeable future, until another developer comes along and releases two builds of their own.
    Where are you going?
    The shadows.
    New image arrived, will appear soon
    Same issue too. Any solution???
    I think i solved the issue:

Clear phone app data
    Uninstall phone updates
    Launch phone
    Reboot phone
    Update phone
    Now works without issue
    Screen mirroring doesn't work either. Someone knows how to fix it?
    it's a bug, wait dev to fix it

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Redmi K40/Poco F3/Mi 11X (alioth)

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 13

Whats working?
    Everything, probably

Known issues
    Nothing, hopefully

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Donate to the project

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

The maintainer is dropping support as mentioned by himself in the testing group. Very unfortunate news.
    Yeah, I probably should've made a post here too. Thing is, I've decided to move on, both to a different phone (Pixel 6) and to different hobbies (Nothing, for now). I'm considering dropping a final update this month to fix the headphone jack/bluetooth problems, but there's absolutely no promises on that. I wish I could've pushed another update sooner, but the PixelExperience build servers have been disabled since the end of November and the team skipped the December update.

Since the Poco F3 is such a popular device (there must be a reason why it's still the first phone on the XDA front page), I'm sure that someone else will take over maintainership after I leave. Hopefully someone else more skilled than me. :p

I do hope I've at least been a decent maintainer for the 7 months I've pushed builds, but if not, I'm sure someone better is coming to pick up the slack. It's been a fun ride, and it was pretty cool to help create something that thousands of people use. (As of writing this post, the November builds have a combined total of 6969 downloads, or 1619 + 5350. Nice.) Thanks everyone for the support, and for putting up with the bugs.
    New builds published.

PixelExperience changes:
    - January security patch
    - Updated Google apps
    - Other changes
    Device changes:
    - Fixed incoming calls dropping when a Bluetooth device is connected
    - Fixed audio not playing through wired headphones
    - Added auxiliary camera support to default camera app
    - Reduced vibration intensity
    - Updated firmware to MIUI 13.0.6 Global
    - Updated kernel to 4.19.269

And with that, my work here is done.
    I heard that there's a new build. Wait, there are two new builds. I can't count. They're guaranteed to be 100% bug free or your money back.

Changelog:
    PixelExperience changes:
    - Initial Android 13 Stable release
    - November security patch
    - Face Unlock is back
    - Updated translations
    Device changes:
    - Fixed microphone
    - Squashed bugs
    - Improved security

(In all seriousness, sorry for releasing a broken build. I hope you continue to use this ROM anyway.)
    Android 13 is here, and it's beautiful.

Changelog:
    - Linux 4.19.261
    - MIUI 13.0.5 firmware
    - "Charging rapidly" when using Mi Turbo Charge