Development [ROM][13][OFFICIAL][alioth] PixelExperience for Redmi K40/Poco F3/Mi 11X [AOSP][DISCONTINUED]

Search This thread

Tech_Expert

Mar 26, 2019
If you've been paying attention, you'll notice that both the website and this thread has been updated. I'll try and answer some of the questions you may have here:

Wait, this ROM is "discontinued"? What does that mean?
This means that I will no longer be providing updates or support for this device.
What will happen to my device? Will it stop working? Will I still get updates?
Nothing will happen to your device, and you can keep using it. If you're still on an older build, you can still update to the latest version. However, unless someone else decides to maintain this device, you will not get any more updates.
What's happening to the PixelExperience project?
The PixelExperience project is not going anywhere.
Will someone else maintain this device?
As of right now, nobody knows when or if somebody else will maintain this device. However, considering how popular the Poco F3 is, I predict, but can't guarantee that it won't be long before somebody else takes the wheel. If you're a regular user, I'd suggest waiting a month or two. If you're a developer, now's your opportunity to maintain a popular device on a popular custom ROM with thousands of users. Move fast.
Can I still download the last releases on the website?
Sure! The last builds I released should still be up on the official website for the foreseeable future, until another developer comes along and releases two builds of their own.
Where are you going?
The shadows.
haha, thanks so much for your work here :)
not many people appreciate it, and I can't say I've used this rom, but I really respect what you've done.
gl with everything that's to come :3

bleached

Feb 9, 2013
With the latest update I cannot connect to my car's Bluetooth. My headphones connect just fine, but my car not. Anyone else facing anything similar?

vickwastaken

Oct 4, 2021
Don't know why, but there is terrible ui lag, that increases with device up time. It happens only with the homescreen and app drawer, other apps run smoothly. Seems like a cache clearance issue as it goes away on restarting phone. Does anybody face the same issue?

Reactions: Tort5

l.ansaloni

Apr 1, 2013
With the latest update I cannot connect to my car's Bluetooth. My headphones connect just fine, but my car not. Anyone else facing anything similar?
I also can't connect to my car's bluetooth anymore.
I also tried resetting "Wi-Fi, mobile data and Bluetooth" from settings but that didn't help.
My family's phones still work with the car and my phone communicates regularly with other bluetooth devices.

ketanmore

If you've been paying attention, you'll notice that both the website and this thread has been updated. I'll try and answer some of the questions you may have here:

Wait, this ROM is "discontinued"? What does that mean?
This means that I will no longer be providing updates or support for this device.
What will happen to my device? Will it stop working? Will I still get updates?
Nothing will happen to your device, and you can keep using it. If you're still on an older build, you can still update to the latest version. However, unless someone else decides to maintain this device, you will not get any more updates.
What's happening to the PixelExperience project?
The PixelExperience project is not going anywhere.
Will someone else maintain this device?
As of right now, nobody knows when or if somebody else will maintain this device. However, considering how popular the Poco F3 is, I predict, but can't guarantee that it won't be long before somebody else takes the wheel. If you're a regular user, I'd suggest waiting a month or two. If you're a developer, now's your opportunity to maintain a popular device on a popular custom ROM with thousands of users. Move fast.
Can I still download the last releases on the website?
Sure! The last builds I released should still be up on the official website for the foreseeable future, until another developer comes along and releases two builds of their own.
Where are you going?
The shadows.
All the best for your future endeavors!! Great rom indeed and your work is truly appreciated. Hope to see you soon on another project.

dav6wat

Dec 14, 2010
Barcelona
Thanks. Bluetooth issue is fixed that I was having with my Huawei Watch. No issues with car Bluetooth as mentioned above.

Only thing I'm seeing on the Phone/Dialer app when I open it is "This device isn't supported and phone calls may not work correctly". However this message disappears quickly and no issues with calls yet.
Same issue too. Any solution???

BananaMaster

Aug 20, 2017
England
Hey guys, I've been using this ROM since it came out and never had any issues.

However today suddenly google pay contactless stopped working saying the device doesn't meet security standards. Has anyone else had this issue? Any solutions? Thanks

bleached

Feb 9, 2013
Hey guys, I've been using this ROM since it came out and never had any issues.

However today suddenly google pay contactless stopped working saying the device doesn't meet security standards. Has anyone else had this issue? Any solutions? Thanks
Hi! I confirm I have the same issue. I haven't found a solution yet though. I also haven't tested if contactless payments actually work (despite the message).

BananaMaster

Aug 20, 2017
England

Attachments

• received_1985516441657941.jpeg
    received_1985516441657941.jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 310

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Redmi K40/Poco F3/Mi 11X (alioth)

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 13

Whats working?
    Everything, probably

Known issues
    Nothing, hopefully

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Donate to the project

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

The maintainer is dropping support as mentioned by himself in the testing group. Very unfortunate news.
    Yeah, I probably should've made a post here too. Thing is, I've decided to move on, both to a different phone (Pixel 6) and to different hobbies (Nothing, for now). I'm considering dropping a final update this month to fix the headphone jack/bluetooth problems, but there's absolutely no promises on that. I wish I could've pushed another update sooner, but the PixelExperience build servers have been disabled since the end of November and the team skipped the December update.

Since the Poco F3 is such a popular device (there must be a reason why it's still the first phone on the XDA front page), I'm sure that someone else will take over maintainership after I leave. Hopefully someone else more skilled than me. :p

I do hope I've at least been a decent maintainer for the 7 months I've pushed builds, but if not, I'm sure someone better is coming to pick up the slack. It's been a fun ride, and it was pretty cool to help create something that thousands of people use. (As of writing this post, the November builds have a combined total of 6969 downloads, or 1619 + 5350. Nice.) Thanks everyone for the support, and for putting up with the bugs.
    New builds published.

PixelExperience changes:
    - January security patch
    - Updated Google apps
    - Other changes
    Device changes:
    - Fixed incoming calls dropping when a Bluetooth device is connected
    - Fixed audio not playing through wired headphones
    - Added auxiliary camera support to default camera app
    - Reduced vibration intensity
    - Updated firmware to MIUI 13.0.6 Global
    - Updated kernel to 4.19.269

And with that, my work here is done.
    I heard that there's a new build. Wait, there are two new builds. I can't count. They're guaranteed to be 100% bug free or your money back.

Changelog:
    PixelExperience changes:
    - Initial Android 13 Stable release
    - November security patch
    - Face Unlock is back
    - Updated translations
    Device changes:
    - Fixed microphone
    - Squashed bugs
    - Improved security

(In all seriousness, sorry for releasing a broken build. I hope you continue to use this ROM anyway.)
    Android 13 is here, and it's beautiful.

Changelog:
    - Linux 4.19.261
    - MIUI 13.0.5 firmware
    - "Charging rapidly" when using Mi Turbo Charge