[ROM][13][OFFICIAL][ENCRYPTION] PixelExperience /PixelExperience Plus for S10 Series [AOSP]

Search This thread

FreeRunner2017

Aug 16, 2017
Canada
hello, good morning, I'm interested in updating this version but I have the HVJ5, what would be the version to downgrade, it's an s10+View attachment 5771833
Flash this as it has the same binary.

Concept48

Dec 26, 2021
Sony Xperia M
NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience / PixelExperience Plus for S10 Series

What is this?
PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 13

Whats working?
Wi-Fi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
Fingerprint reader
Face unlock
NFC
Lights
Sound/vibration

Known issues
Nothing yet
You tell me

THIS BUILD DOES NOT HAVE ENCYPTION ENABLED. IT CANNOT BE RE-ENABLED.

PE+ BUILDS WILL HAVE OTA FROM BUILD 2 ONWARDS.

Please do not report issues to Linux4 and report directly to myself.

Important Notice
This ROM will not boot on *HVJ5+ firmware yet - if you are able to downgrade to *HVI firmware, do so as this will work. Otherwise wait for future build with announced support.

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

Download from Github Releases

Pixel Experience Plus (Build 1)
S10e
S10
S10+
S10 5G

Pixel Experience (Build 1)
S10e
S10
S10+
S10 5G

This rom can be flashed with any recovery of choice, including TWRP. If you are coming from any other Android 13 rom , format DATA first (i.e Lineage 20, Pixel Extended)

Telegram Channel for 982x series (ExpressLuke) - for early releases and updates

Beautiful Luke !

Reactions: stalker14086

Gravarty

Nov 25, 2016
Bochum
Samsung Galaxy S10
After testing the ROM for some while, these are the only things i noticed so far that are buggy:

SystemUI sounds are extremely quiet. I can barely hear the lock/unlock sound and I have to set GBoard to 100% volume to at least hear something (afaik this problem also exist on all LineageOS builds).

The fingerprint icon in settings is set a bit too high. It still works fine but you have to put your finger slightly lower to register it. It's correct on the lockscreen, though.

And yeah, not encrypted. It's okay for now, since there's no alternative with encryption enabled, but i like a custom rom secure as possible

EDIT: The battery percentage is cut off on the lock screen. (Using default DPI and text size)

Screenshot_20221204-174804_Pixel Launcher~2.png

Last edited:

expressluke

Merry Christmas XDA S10/e/+/5G users

A new build has been created and released for you all to install.

Changelog as follows:

- WireGuard integrated into kernel.
- Works on latest and older 12 firmwares
- Vendor partition reverted back to EXT4 from EROFS so now can be edited by the user.
- F2FS filesystem support restored
- Dynamic Encryption based on recovery (If TWRP is used, encryption will be disabled on flash)
- Pixel Experience Recoveries are shipped, for user to flash if they want encryption.
- OTA support included in all builds

- Do note if you switch between not using encryption and using it, a data format is REQUIRED.

As some of you may be using Lineage recovery, installing the build will encrypt your data and you will be forced a data format. Backup your data and do a data format or simply switch to TWRP if you don't want headaches.

1672005616049.png
Screenshot_20221224-190359_Settings.png
Untitled.jpeg

Last edited:

stalker14086

Jan 6, 2018

Changelog as follows:

- Vendor partition reverted back to EXT4 from EROFS so now can be edited by the user.
- Dynamic Encryption based on recovery (If TWRP is used, encryption will be disabled on flash)
- Pixel Experience Recoveries are shipped, for user to flash if they want encryption.

- Do note if you switch between not using encryption and using it, a data format is REQUIRED.

As some of you may be using Lineage recovery, installing the build will encrypt your data and you will be forced a data format. Backup your data and do a data format or simply switch to TWRP if you don't want headaches.

View attachment 5793717View attachment 5793719View attachment 5793721

What is PE Recovery and where can I get it ? How to get from the beyondROM firmware to this one ? Do you have detailed instructions?

expressluke

expressluke

What is PE Recovery and where can I get it ? How to get from the beyondROM firmware to this one ? Do you have detailed instructions?
PE recovery is a basic touch support recovery (it looks like the below).

1672006573960.png

PE recovery can be obtained from the first post, next to each ROM download or from within the ROM zip.

You can either use Heimdall to flash the image, flash the image in TWRP or make a odin flashable by following instructions here

Gravarty

Nov 25, 2016
Bochum
Samsung Galaxy S10
Thanks for including encryption! I don't know if it's caused by all the app updates but so far System-UI and the Settings app is crashing a lot on the Galaxy S10 Plus (and need to reboot). I'll keep testing this ROM and will edit my post if it stops crashing.

EDIT: Downloading apps from the Play Store causes Google Play Services, Android System Intelligence, System-UI to crash. The screen turns black and softlocks.

EDIT 2: Trying to reboot the phone from the power menu causes the phone to softlock (blackscreen, never restarts).
At a glance also stops working (No weather widget) after updating apps forever. Google Wallpapers also shows no thumbnails and Live wallpapers causes "system" to crash.

I don't know what's causing all this, i'm still on HVI4 firmware, could this be the issue? Because almost everything is causing something to crash :D I heard that the newest firmware is now supported but not many people had success with it.

EDIT 3: Not much better on latest firmware, system is freezing regulary.

Last edited:
Reactions: cappuccini

expressluke

T
Thanks for including encryption! I don't know if it's caused by all the app updates but so far System-UI and the Settings app is crashing a lot on the Galaxy S10 Plus (and need to reboot). I'll keep testing this ROM and will edit my post if it stops crashing.

EDIT: Downloading apps from the Play Store causes Google Play Services, Android System Intelligence, System-UI to crash. The screen turns black and softlocks.

EDIT 2: Trying to reboot the phone from the power menu causes the phone to softlock (blackscreen, never restarts).
At a glance also stops working (No weather widget) after updating apps forever. Google Wallpapers also shows no thumbnails and Live wallpapers causes "system" to crash.

I don't know what's causing all this, i'm still on HVI4 firmware, could this be the issue? Because almost everything is causing something to crash :D I heard that the newest firmware is now supported but not many people had success with it.

EDIT 3: Not much better on latest firmware, system is freezing regulary.
I'll have to look at what's wrong with this. I can't replicate with encryption disabled after flash with twrp. However get the same as you with it enabled and flashing with pe recovery.

Reactions: Gravarty
I have a lot of freezes too and ui crashes too...
That happens only cuple of minutes after you set it up but then it works fine. I installed it today and even safety net works, the instalation took only half an hour when counting in the download of drivers and the rom, first I was scared to do it but I now know it is begginer friendly

This is the second phone I installed any custom rom into

Gravarty

Nov 25, 2016
Bochum
Samsung Galaxy S10
This is the second phone I installed any custom rom into

I have the same issue, it's because of encryption. Flashing the ROM in TWRP (without encryption) works fine.

I also tried to "force" flash the ROM on TWRP with encryption enabled and while that works and fixed all of these issues. Auto-Orientation is now broken and forces the Multitasking Window always to horizontal.

EDIT: my accelerometer was stuck, not a fault of this ROM. Now everything's working perfect!

Last edited:
I have the same issue, it's because of encryption. Flashing the ROM in TWRP (without encryption) works fine.

I also tried to "force" flash the ROM on TWRP with encryption enabled and while that works and fixed all of these issues. Auto-Orientation is now broken and forces the Multitasking Window always to horizontal.
But I installed with PE recovery

But I installed with PE recovery
The harder path where you have to use pc

Unfortunately the phone can't handle app updates 😅

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    it's a pity that the sound is weak in the phone's speakers, the sound is impeccable in the headphones, but the other way around, no no. If you solve the problem of the metallic sound without bass in the phone's speakers, then it's a perfect Rom.
    This is by far the smoothest & most stable firmware for the S10, here on XDA.
    I've literally tested all XDA maintainers' all builds 🤪
    @expressluke @grujea this happened to me when I had accidentally flashed the "non-plus" version on top of a "plus" one when updating to the February build
    Might be fixed with clearing app data potentially
    I have just installed March update (OTA), and checked, reminder notifications still not working :(
    Neither for Keep, nor Google Assistant...

Can anyone please check/confirm this issue?
    Thanks!
    i have installed latest PE+ rom but my calls are not placing, and in FHD resolution the screeen size is way big, any fox for this pls
    Set Settings -> System -> Developer options -> Smallest width to 409. This will restore S10+'s default display pixel density setting
    NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience / PixelExperience Plus for S10 Series

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 13

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

Downloads

Galaxy S10e (beyond0lte)

Galaxy S10 (beyond1lte)

Galaxy S10+ (beyond2lte)

Galaxy S10 5G (beyondx)

Encryption on the unofficial ROM will be enabled when PE Recovery is installed and disabled if you have TWRP installed when flashing the ROM. Switching between unencrypted and encrypted states requires a data format.
    Format data if you are coming from any other ROM before flashing this one,

Download from GitHub Releases

Galaxy S10e

Regular: ROM / PE Recovery
    Plus: ROM / PE Recovery

Galaxy S10

Galaxy S10+

Galaxy S10 5G

Pixel Experience Plus (Build 1)
    S10e
    S10
    S10+
    S10 5G

Pixel Experience (Build 1)
    S10e
    S10
    S10+
    S10 5G

This rom can be flashed with any recovery of choice, including TWRP. If you are coming from any other Android 13 rom , format DATA first (i.e Lineage 20, Pixel Extended)

Telegram Channel for 982x series (ExpressLuke) - for early releases and updates​

Important Announcement!

Pixel Experience is going official for Galaxy S10 series!

Official builds have rolled out and thread updated.
    Clean flash is required to move over to official builds.
    That's because u used pe recovery. Pe recovery is why it lags so much and overheats. Just reinstall with twrp and u should be fine
    Fixed in official builds which will be rolling out soon

Changelog as follows:

1672005616049.png
    Screenshot_20221224-190359_Settings.png
    Untitled.jpeg