[ROM][13][OFFICIAL][ginkgo/willow] PixelExperience 13

Search This thread

kekusinkay

Aug 26, 2021
Hello everyone. Today I put this firmware on my phone. Compared to miui, it works faster and smoother.

Unfortunately, I could not connect l2tp ipsec psk - the connection is not being established. Also, when switching from the second user to the first, fingerprints stop working. After the reboot, fingerprint unlocking works again.

The volume of voice messages in WhatsApp and telegram is also not regulated. No reaction to pressing the volume buttons.

Last edited:

moralesnery

Aug 27, 2014
Hello everyone. Today I put this firmware on my phone. Compared to miui, it works faster and smoother.

Unfortunately, I could not connect l2tp ipsec psk - the connection is not being established. Also, when switching from the second user to the first, fingerprints stop working. After the reboot, fingerprint unlocking works again.

The volume of voice messages in WhatsApp and telegram is also not regulated. No reaction to pressing the volume buttons.
try to provide logcats, in this case those may be quite useful for the dev.
Apart from those 2 issues, how did you feel the ROM? are there lags? issues with mobile data?

kekusinkay

Aug 26, 2021
Apart from those 2 issues, how did you feel the ROM? are there lags? issues with mobile data?
Compared to miui, this firmware is a bit smoother, especially when switching applications. Applications are less likely to be unloaded from memory. Some run a little faster. Battery consumption subjectively also seems to be less than on miui. Enough for about a day and a half.
Mobile Internet works stably. Wi-fi sometimes reconnects, but it was also on miui.

Reactions: moralesnery

moralesnery

Aug 27, 2014
Compared to miui, this firmware is a bit smoother, especially when switching applications. Applications are less likely to be unloaded from memory. Some run a little faster. Battery consumption subjectively also seems to be less than on miui. Enough for about a day and a half.
Mobile Internet works stably. Wi-fi sometimes reconnects, but it was also on miui.
Thank you. I ended up upgrading using ADB sideload and it feels just like any other of the past monthly updates.

One thing I noted is that the QR-Code tile in the notification area is greyed out. I can put it next to my other tiles, but I can't tap it, and I haven't found how to enable it. Everything else is working just fine. This is a perfectly dialy driver ROM.

kekusinkay

Aug 26, 2021
One thing I noted is that the QR-Code tile in the notification area is greyed out. I can put it next to my other tiles, but I can't tap it, and I haven't found how to enable it. Everything else is working just fine. This is a perfectly dialy driver ROM.
I don't have a qr code at hand, but my tile looks active. When clicked, a window appears for scanning the code.

robbix1

Jun 26, 2015
Redmi Note 8
I just updated to pixelexperience 13 from version 12. So far everything went well. ( dirty update )

Problem: I didn`t deactivate the pattern from version 12 before updating . Now it boots up to the login-screen, but I can`t login anymore because the old pattern is rejected.

As far as I can remember, the pattern from the old version 12 had only 9 points on the black screen when booting up. My old pattern is not accepted. I am sure I can remember my old pattern.
My recovery is twrp 3.6.2.9.0. I installed "PixelExperience_ginkgo-13.0-BETA-20220918-0111-OFFICIAL.img" from recovery and wiped dalvik & cache.

I read about this command: adb shell rm /data/system/gesture.key. But /data/system ist protected. No chance to delete the gesture key.

Any hint what I could do please ?

TavoGarciaC17

Dec 23, 2017
Aguascalientes
Redmi Note 8
Hi, great work, the rom are perfect and smooth, but sometimes the audio and the video play crashes (in instagram, Facebook, etc) and the only temporal solution is reboot, any recomendation?

Lov u work with PE 13

moralesnery

Aug 27, 2014
Hi, great work, the rom are perfect and smooth, but sometimes the audio and the video play crashes (in instagram, Facebook, etc) and the only temporal solution is reboot, any recomendation?

Lov u work with PE 13
Make sure you have the most recent firmware upgrade. Sometimes old firmware with newer ROMs tend to break stuff or cause that type of issues.

If the problem persists try a clean install.

TavoGarciaC17

Dec 23, 2017
Aguascalientes
Redmi Note 8
Make sure you have the most recent firmware upgrade. Sometimes old firmware with newer ROMs tend to break stuff or cause that type of issues.

If the problem persists try a clean install.
I thinks is more like a bug, when someones call me the audio stars buggy, thanks for the info, how can i update the firmware (sorry im a little bit noob with Xiaomi devices)

starygwizd

Feb 13, 2018
Hi, did Yo encountered bug, that turns phone black, whenever I dial number, so I need to turn the screen back on?

Feb 14, 2016
If I want to root it, remove the Data encryption, install Magisk and Orange Fox recovery are there any problems with the files or do they work as version 12 of the Rom?

moralesnery

Aug 27, 2014
If I want to root it, remove the Data encryption, install Magisk and Orange Fox recovery are there any problems with the files or do they work as version 12 of the Rom?
Download the latest magisk apk and change the file extension from .apk to .zip. Then flash the file using adb sideload and you'll have root. TWRP and OrangeFox can't access internal storage due to lack of encryption support, but if you manage to disable it you may flash the zip file directly from your internal memory.

In the next boot make sure you have magisk app installed, if not install the apk manually.

Just keep in mind that root hiding is not available anymore and some apps will refuse to work, or will work in restricted modes (specially banking apps).

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @DarkJoker360 PE's website says that you're no longer a mantainer, is that right?

If so, thank you very much for your hard work all this time. You've been doing a fantastic work here, and this scene owes you a lot.
    I am currently on MIUI 12.5 stock ROM, planning to shhift to this ROM:

1. Can I lock bootloader again after installing this ROM?

2. Is the slow charging problem only with chinese phones or all of them?

Thanks,
    1. I think you can't.
    2. In my global version, the phone shows fast charging when the charger is connected.
    Hello guys,

Do you know if 13+ Edition will be available ?
    It has released just now.

Btw, can I dirty flash the Stable Plus rom over the BETA rom?
    Hi, can upgrade from the 13(beta version) to the 13 plus edition stable without factory reset or delete all?
    Yes
    Can you tell me if I can upgrade via OTA from pixel version 12 to 13? Or do I need to do the installation from the recovery?

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Redmi Note 8/8T[ginkgo]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration
    Encryption
    Enforcing Selinux
    NFC (willow)

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

Clean mandatory? (Coming from PE A12)

Edit: Just done it dirty, so I guess not
    @DarkJoker360 PE's website says that you're no longer a mantainer, is that right?

If so, thank you very much for your hard work all this time. You've been doing a fantastic work here, and this scene owes you a lot.

Which one gcam will do on this firmware?
    Now I'm using the SGCAM_8.4.400.42.XXX_STABLE_V36 without much troubles
    The only think I needed to do is disable the macro camera because was crashing the app