Development [ROM][13][OFFICIAL] PixelOS [AOSP][STABLE][26/11/2022]

Did you like this project?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Search This thread
I don't have any of the reboot or connection issues and the battery is great!
The only issue I have is with WhatsApp...
When in WhatsApp, I can't quick switch to last app, and if I try to view all open apps/recent apps, they are all black/grey blocks. Unless you know exactly where your desired app is. You have to just exit to the homepage and do it again, which works every time.
I'm using the latest Nova launcher prime if that has want bearing on it...?
Edit: it's even WORSE in the stock launcher. I have to try swipe to home several times before I can even exit WhatsApp.....
I was having the same issue, somehow it got fixed after switching to stock launcher and apply one of the stock launcher wallpaper, I was using a wallpaper from zedge before, not sure if this will fix your issue.

Carom3de

Nov 20, 2014
Hi all,

I cannot PIN any apps on the recent apps view (so the desired app remains active when I click on "clear all" recent apps)...

Not sure this would be available on the original Pixel device. Is there a way to do it/enable this option, please (even through a 3rd party solution)?

Thank you in advance!

jamaljamal2

May 8, 2021
Hey! I've been using this ROM for 4 months i think, it's been nice, I've been using the update built into the settings (in android, downloading the zip and applying from local storage //inside pixelOS), it was working for the july update, but when i updated to the august one, it finished, then i had to reboot it and now it's going straight to fastboot, i've tried to go into recovery and adb sideload it again, but it says:

Error applying update: 7 (error code: : kInstallDeviceOpenError)
E:Error in( /sideload/package.zip (status 1)

both august and july rom gets this error, what should i do? I didn't go any further because i don't want to severely screw it up.
thx in advance for any help.

//ps: if i wrote it to inappropriate place, I'm sorry
//if i may have to format it, can i access my file through recovery, to pull it onto my pc?
(Mi 11 Lite 5G NE)

UPDATE: I factory reseted my datas as from adb shell i couldnt pull out data as sdcard ($EXTERNAL_STORAGE) didn't contain any folder nor file, then in PixelOS recovery sideloaded the zip again, and it worked, then as instructed under "https://pixelos.net/download/lisa" i sideloaded the latest firmware aswell, it threw an error that i can't remember really, something "E: xxxy file can't be opened" ((xxxy means whatever file i dont know the nam) then the firmware images ran down and reported me "done". Since everything is working, maybea bit slower, but i think a reboot would solve it, or it is the fact that it is syncing everything on wifi right now

Last edited:

ikswaydzii

Sep 26, 2022
Can someone upload a step by step video tutorial on how to flash this rom? preferably english tutorial. I'm new to flashing this rom and I'm interested to try flashing on this one. I'm currently lost on the part where you need to flash pixelOS recovery? I don't which one should I flash adb between the "PixelOS_mojito-13.0-20220913-1335.zip" and "PixelOS_lisa-12.1-20220815-1313.zip"

I just unlocked my phone by the way. Thanks

duellerg

Feb 19, 2022
I am pissed off with miui from the first day i purchased this awesome phone. I need to flash a custom rom but all have problems. Pixel os was the most stable untill this last version 15/08/2022. Because I do not own another phone I decided to wait for the next update hoping to be less buggy. I would advise you to wait too.

newbie_or_not_newbie

Sep 28, 2013
Bretagne
Xiaomi 11 Lite 5g NE
Can someone upload a step by step video tutorial on how to flash this rom? preferably english tutorial. I'm new to flashing this rom and I'm interested to try flashing on this one. I'm currently lost on the part where you need to flash pixelOS recovery? I don't which one should I flash adb between the "PixelOS_mojito-13.0-20220913-1335.zip" and "PixelOS_lisa-12.1-20220815-1313.zip"

I just unlocked my phone by the way. Thanks

Hi

1/ unlock (done !)
2/ download needed files for Lisa : Recovery, Rom, Firmware
3/ if you have a windows pc, download & install adb drivers
4/ reboot phone to bootloader
5/ flash recovery (command line from pc)
6/ reboot recovery
7/ in recovery, go to sideload
8/ sideload rom (command line from pc)
9/ go back to sideload
10/ sideload firmware (command line from pc)
11/ reboot
12/ voilà ! (Like we say in France)

@

duellerg : I read this several times, about lag, but don't find latest build is laggy.​

Sometimes, it freezes, it's true, but after reboot, everything's ok.
I wait for next Android 13 update for PixelOS.

Feb 21, 2020
Looks like my device is bricked. I was on EliteRom. I followed the instruction as mentioned. Flashed boot.img (fastboot flash boot_ab boot.img) then fastboot reboot recovery, then format from there then "adb sideload firmware.zip". At this stage the the sidloading stuck at 27%. I waited for more than 10 minutes and then unplugged th cable. Then somehow the sideloading continued in the phone part although PC showed error since cable was removed. Then I selected "Reboot to recovery". It didn't boot to recovery neither showed any logo. Since then it's dead. PC maked sound on connecting and displays "USB device not recognized". Mi flash tool also detects it but unfortunately gives error on flashing ROM.

I need help on this if this is a fixable issue. Thanks in advance. By the way bootloader was unlocked already which is obvious .

Mthw

May 12, 2013
HTC EVO 3D
Lenovo Vibe P1m
Looks like my device is bricked. I was on EliteRom. I followed the instruction as mentioned. Flashed boot.img (fastboot flash boot_ab boot.img) then fastboot reboot recovery, then format from there then "adb sideload firmware.zip". At this stage the the sidloading stuck at 27%. I waited for more than 10 minutes and then unplugged th cable. Then somehow the sideloading continued in the phone part although PC showed error since cable was removed. Then I selected "Reboot to recovery". It didn't boot to recovery neither showed any logo. Since then it's dead. PC maked sound on connecting and displays "USB device not recognized". Mi flash tool also detects it but unfortunately gives error on flashing ROM.

I need help on this if this is a fixable issue. Thanks in advance. By the way bootloader was unlocked already which is obvious .
If you can boot into fastboot you can flash a fastboot ROM like MIUI and after that install whatever you wish.

Top Liked Posts

This is a very fine ROM! Thank you very much!

Found 2 Bugs since I flashed it a few hours ago:

1. Camera App Closes with Message that the Kamera Connection is Not Established. Force closing camera App Helps

2. Pocketcasts (A Podcasts App) does Not Play anything. Deinstalling and reinstalling Helps For a few Minutes. But then it Stopps playing anything again. Same with my Audiobook Player App. There seems to be an issue with audio output when switching between audio Apps.
    - Fixed an issue where some websites wouldn't load
    2. My MIUI Camera app doesn't open.
    - I would recommend clean flashing this build in that case.

Unfortunately I still experience these issues.

This time I did clean flash from scratch. Flashed latest recovery, latest PixelOS and latest global firmware. And I did not restore any settings to be sure there wasn't anything old residing that messes things up.

Everything works fine for a while. Then suddenly Opera Browser only displays blank pages. Or my weather and radar app doesn't load the fullscreen view.

If I enter recent apps and then swipe up to close it, it works again.

Same thing with MIUI camera. After a while I suddenly get the "Can't connect to camera..."-message. I can still access the camera from other apps, but not from the MIUI camera app until I completely close it from recent apps list.
    This "cannot connect to camera" issue has nothing to do with magisk. It happens on mine too and I don´t have magisk flashed / installed.
    Force closing the miui camera app helps for the moment. Next time (10 min later) it closes again with the same error message.
    (Clean flash yesterday with 11/27 version)

More annoying is the audio issue. when playing a podcast with pocketcasts and then switching audio e.g. to an audiobook player and then going back to playing audio with the pocketcasts podcast app completely screws up audio playback on the whole phone. Neither pocketcasts nor the audiobook player can output audio any more. very strange. rebooting the phone helps.

either way: this ROM otherwise is just awesome. the speed and fluidity is unmatched. thanks VERY MUCH to this genious developer!!
    PixelOS Update! (16/11/2022)

Dirty flash works, just sideload or flash from sdcard.

Changelogs: (from last month's Android 13 release build)
    - Improved battery backup
    - Improved scheduler performance
    - Improved brightness scaling algorithm
    - Fixed low res pictures on MIUI Camera (64MP works too!)
    - Fixed issues with sending compressed video files on tg
    - Bumped vendor security patch level
    - Added display configuration for HBM
    - Drop unused 32 bit libs
    - Addressed a few denials
    - Updated kernel
    - Misc fixes and improvements

Feature list: blog.pixelos.net
    PixelOS Update! (27/11/2022)

Changelogs:
    - Added support for aptX codecs
    - Xiaomi Parts improvements
    - Fixed an issue where some websites wouldn't load
    - Added support for WiFi MAC randomization

FAQ:
    1. My phone is getting too hot and battery is draining unusually.
    - This is probably because Pixel Launcher hogging CPU resources, you can try turning off "People" and "Search the web" feature from "Search your phone" option in Pixel Launcher settings.
    Most importantly, uninstall system updates for Android Intelligence System. [thanks to @Iiznuone4ya [TG] for pointing this out.]

2. My MIUI Camera app doesn't open.
    - I would recommend clean flashing this build in that case.

Feature list: blog.pixelos.net
    Will there be a patch for the overheating issue?
    I have no heat issues here with the latest android 13 rom.
    Screenshot_20221118-212446_Pixel_Launcher.png

The icons are intertwined. how to fix ?
    This "cannot connect to camera" issue has nothing to do with magisk. It happens on mine too and I don´t have magisk flashed / installed.
    Force closing the miui camera app helps for the moment. Next time (10 min later) it closes again with the same error message.
    (Clean flash yesterday with 11/27 version)

More annoying is the audio issue. when playing a podcast with pocketcasts and then switching audio e.g. to an audiobook player and then going back to playing audio with the pocketcasts podcast app completely screws up audio playback on the whole phone. Neither pocketcasts nor the audiobook player can output audio any more. very strange. rebooting the phone helps.

either way: this ROM otherwise is just awesome. the speed and fluidity is unmatched. thanks VERY MUCH to this genious developer!!
    latest.png

PixelOS is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies. We aim to provide an experience similar to Google Pixel phones with numerous performance enhancements and a small amount of useful additional features.

Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Our Featurelist

Device Specific Issues:
    • So far, everything is working
    • Permissive SELinux

Downloads
    Get the latest PixelOS Build for Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE Download
    Firmware https://www.xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/lisa/
    Magisk (optional) https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases
    PixelOS Recovery https://sourceforge.net/projects/pixelos-releases/files/thirteen/lisa/recovery/

Note: GApps are included, don't flash separately.

Notes
    • Encryption is enabled by default
    • Shipped with QuicksilveR kernel
    • MIUICamera shipped by default (everything works).

PixelOS Recovery is recommended.

Flashing Instructions
    Clean flash (coming from a different ROM):

• Reboot to bootloader (fastboot)
    • Connect phone to PC
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot reboot recovery
    • Select Wipe data/factory reset & confirm
    • Go back and select Apply update from ADB
    adb sideload PixelOS*.zip
    • Flash latest firmware from the link above
    adb sideload fw_lisa*.zip
    • After installation complete, Reboot system.

Dirty Flash (updating from previous PixelOS ROM):
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Apply update from ADB
    adb sideload PixelOS*.zip
    adb sideload fw_lisa*.zip (only if there's a firmware update)
    • After installation complete, Reboot system.

Detailed Instructions

Join our Telegram Group https://t.me/PixelOSChat
    We depend on donations to keep our infrastructure running, show your support by donating!
    Paypal: https://paypal.me/whyredfire
    UPI: [email protected]

Source Code
    PixelOS
    http://github.com/PixelOS-AOSP
    Device Tree https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices/device_xiaomi_lisa
    Vendor Tree https://gitlab.com/PixelOS-Devices/vendor_xiaomi_lisa
    Kernel Tree https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices/kernel_xiaomi_lisa

ROM OS Version: Android 13.
    ROM Kernel: Linux 5.4.x
    Stable Release Date: 23 January 2022
    Latest Release Date: 26 November 2022
    PixelOS Update! (18/06/2022)

OTA Update pushed to users on previous beta and stable builds.

Download MIUICamera for lisa: https://github.com/PixelOS-Releases...2022-06-11/MiuiCamera-lisa-v1.2-android12.zip

Changelogs:
    - Introduced XiaomiParts
    - Fixed 5GHz hotspot
    - Fixed WiFi Display
    - Cleaned up audio properties
    - Misc. changes

• Applock is now stable (exposed in security settings)
    • Added support for per-app volume
    • Added an option to remove the screenshots and screenrecords limits for all applications
    • Fixed Media picker SystemUI crash
    • Fixed widgets crash on PixelLauncher
    • Fixed semi bold font on PixelLauncher
    • Switched to material-you animation for double tap to doze gesture
    • Added Data Switch QS Tile
    • Added delete action for screenshot and screenrecorder notifications
    • Fixed colors on DocumentsUI
    Could you send a more detailed installation tutorial please?
    After struggIing a little bit I've finally done it. I didn't have any knowledge about any of it before doing this. So I'm not an expert but here is a more detailed guide:

- Assuming you unlocked your bootloader. If you didn't, first you need to unlock it: Bootloader Unlocking Guide

- Download the Latest Android Platform Tools and after exctracting it, move it to the main "C:" folder.

- Download Recovery (boot.img) and move it to the same "Platform Tools" folder that we copied to the "C:"

- Download ROM and don't exctract it or rename it. Also move it to the same folder.

- Download Latest Firmware and also move this to the same folder that we copied to the "C:"

- Download Mi Flash Tool. After downloading it, open the program and select the driver tab and install it.

- Activate the Developer Options in your phone by Settings > About Phone > Tap on MIUI Number 7 times.

- Search "Developer Options" in the settings and open it. There is an "Usb Debugging" option, enable it.

- Connect your phone to the PC. And choose the File Transfer Mode from your phone's notifications.

- Turn off your phone. After that press the Volume Down + Power Button together a few seconds until you see it enter into the Fastboot mode.

- Open the Platform Tools folder that we moved in to the "C:" and type "cmd" into the Windows Explorer's folder direction bar and press Enter.

- Type "adb shell" in to the command prompt that opened. (If it didn't recognise the command, type ".\adb shell" and use ".\" before any command I give after this.)

- Type "fastboot devices". You should see your device. If you couldn't, then check the drivers or install the drivers again from Mi Flash Tool. If you still can't see your device and also can't see it in the Device Manager(Windows) then you probably using a diffrent USB-C cable. Try using the original one. If it still didn't solve the problem, try a diffrent PC or an USB Output.

- Type "fastboot flash boot boot.img". You should see it installing. Wait before it finishes.

- Type "fastboot reboot recovery". You should see your phone entering into the recovery mode. If it didn't, press Power Button few seconds until it shot down. Then press Volume Up + Power Button few seconds until you see it entering into the recovery mode.

- By using Volume Up and Down and Power Buttons you can navigate the recovery menu from your phone. So select "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" and confirm.

- After that go back to the Main Menu and select "Apply update".

- Open the command prompt from your PC again if you closed it and type "adb sideload
    PixelOS_lisa-12.1-20220622-1650.zip" (the ROM file should be named this. If your file's name is diffrent, type that instead.)

- It should start installing. If this didn't, then you probably missed some steps from this guide. So please check that if you have the latest Platrfom Tools(adb) and that you download it from the official site. Also don't open it from the PowerShell Window, open it from the "cmd" like I said and make sure that it's in the main "C:" disc. Also try closing and opening again your PC and your phone before proceeding the second time.If it didn't start after all this and said cannot read the file, then you should try this: Large Adress Aware Program .

- Only do this next 2 steps if there is new firmware update or you are flashing this rom from any other rom. If you are just updating your ROM and there is no new firmware update, ignore this next 2 steps.

- After installing sideload reboot to recovery again. Then go into the "Apply Update" again from your phone.

- Open the command prompt from your PC again type "adb sideload fw_lisa_miui_LISAGlobal_V13.0.4.0.SKOMIXM_0508eaacfa_12.0.zip" (the firmware file should be named this. If your file's name is diffrent, type that instead.)

- After installing, navigate trough recovery menu again and select the "Reboot System".

- It's Done!!!
    It's not modded in any sort, the sources used by PE or most other roms are open source and anyone can fork them and modify them according to their requirements, that's exactly what I did. This is not a GSI/ ported rom, it has been properly compiled from the sources.
    PixelOS Update! (15/08/2022)

OTA Update pushed to users on previous beta and stable builds.

Changelogs:
    • Reverted back to boot header v3 (try your luck with custom recoveries)
    • Reverted most blobs to stock
    • Reverted back to aosp color profiles as earlier
    • Nuked hi-fi as it doesn't work
    • Enabled back CAF input boost
    • Switched to QuickSilver Kernel

• Merged August Security Patch
    • Introduced Quick unlock
    • Added an option to scramble pin layout when unlocking
    • Added an option to hide power menu on secure lockscreen
    • Allow user configurable fingerprint wake and unlock
    • Fixed an issue where vibration intensity would reset on some devices
    • Fixed volume panel background color in light mode