[ROM][14][OFFICIAL] PixelOS [AOSP][UNIFIED]

Did you like this project?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Danilo-Sanchez

Aug 13, 2015
Sao Paulo
personally, I don't think so. It keeps draining even when it isn't active, while I'm using wifi and that only. The only time it stops draining is when I enable airplane mode. This only occurred with the later android 12l builds and not the early betas
Even if you aren't using data, poor signal drains battery because the signal is still used to receive / make calls.
Try to change to 3g or even 2g if you aren't using data to see if solves the issue.

whyredFire

PixelOS Update! (18/06/2022)

OTA Update pushed for users on previous builds.

Changelogs:
• Finetuned statusbar padding

• Applock is now stable (exposed in security settings)
• Added support for per-app volume
• Added an option to remove the screenshots and screenrecords limits for all applications
• Fixed Media picker SystemUI crash
• Fixed widgets crash on PixelLauncher
• Fixed semi bold font on PixelLauncher
• Switched to material-you animation for double tap to doze gesture
• Added Data Switch QS Tile
• Added delete action for screenshot and screenrecorder notifications
• Fixed colors on DocumentsUI

Reactions: loketa

mato_d007

Feb 24, 2012
San Luis

Changelogs:
• Finetuned statusbar padding

• Applock is now stable (exposed in security settings)
• Added support for per-app volume
• Added an option to remove the screenshots and screenrecords limits for all applications
• Fixed Media picker SystemUI crash
• Fixed widgets crash on PixelLauncher
• Fixed semi bold font on PixelLauncher
• Switched to material-you animation for double tap to doze gesture
• Added Data Switch QS Tile
• Added delete action for screenshot and screenrecorder notifications
• Fixed colors on DocumentsUI
Just updated. Seems to he working fine, except fingerprint is broken again. Any way to reset it? Can't even enter the menu.
EDIT: Rolled back, deleted fingerprints and updated again. That did the trick.

Last edited:

shea9872

Oct 18, 2020
Anyone else having problems flashing Magisk on the latest build? I'm getting a permission denied, couldn't created /dev/tmp error when attempting to flash it with adb sideload in the recovery.

Feniks46

Nov 4, 2012
Hello everyone, I noticed a problem with the poweramp audio player, Hi-Res Audio Output stopped working on the latest PixelOS Update, what could be the reason for this? On PixelOS (06/05/2022) working fine, clean flash doesn't help =(

wax_77

Nov 21, 2011
Is it possible to change the default camera with a third-party one (for example open camera) so that it can also be used by other apps (for example whatsapp)?

Thank you

Reactions: Candoris

factorexh

Feb 1, 2013
using the rom for a month. Tried bunch of roms before and this feels the best. thanks!

aourelsefa

Jul 7, 2022
Hello,
First of all thanks for this amazing rom, been using it for months with no issue.

My phone runs on version PixelOS_ginkgo-11.0.20211002-0744
Clearly its an old version and it runs android 11.
My recovery is Twrp, i cant remember which version.

What are the steps i need to take to update to the latest release of yours? without losing my data.
Do i have to change recovery before everything or update it?( im sure its version is as old as the version of my rom is)
Do i have to make a clean installation or a dirty flash will work?
Thanks!

whyredFire

Changelogs:
• Switched to vulkan UI renderer
• Switch back to stock adreno stack (WAIPIO adreno stack caused some games to crash)

• Merged July Security Patch
• Fixed issues with a few banking apps (such as HDFC) detecting root access
• Extended Applock support to various system apps
• Added optional Daily data usage in expanded quicksettings
• Updated per-app volume drawable to match other system elements
• Improvements in statusbar icon paddings
• Added toggles for vibration icon and old style mobile data indicators in Icon manager
• Made battery & clock clickable again in quick statusbar header
• Updated translations (thanks to everyone who contributed)
• Squashed some bugs (in real life too while making this build).

Note: TWRP now supports data decryption on Android 12 based roms, OTA updates will continue to work with it. I personally recommend flashing it, will drop link below.

Edit: Updated TWRP link, fixed sideload and mounting partition issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: kapetchou

Schwarzie2k

Dec 27, 2014
well i copied the new twrp on my phone, installed it to my recovery in twrp, and then the fun began: adb sideload isnt working anymore, i then pushed the new Pixel OS Version onto the phone, cleared cache and dalvik and used install and now im in a constant bootloop to TWRP.

Any ideas that DONT involve clean flashing my device which will cost me at the very least several hours or rather days to fully restore all data?

When trying to start sideload i get a red error code, same as when i try to reflash twrp:

Android Rescue Party trigger! Possible Solution?
Either
1. Wipe Caches and or
2. format data and or
3. clean flash your Rom
the reported Problem is
-- reason=set policy_failed:/data/vendor

I tried installing dfe (which i used so far) because maybe my TWRP is just broken and well didnt update fully and therefore doenst support encryption (or sincei used dfe before i couldnt use this new feature in which case i would have liked a warning) butr all i can do is push it to my phone and then it instaqlls with basic features aka encryption ON. when using sideload in the past to install it promted me with a text menu where i could choose to disable encryption. any way to maybe install it via terminal?

EDIT:
no idea why, it now suddenly went past the twrp bootloop and i get the normal G with the loading bar beneath iot. Just now for 15min straight. and going. May i get my hopes up that this is normal and the phone is encrypting? Or would it say something else and its now in a different bootloop?

EDIT2
Ok stopped it. Went into fastboot and flashed the recovery with an older version of TWRP (the latest directly from the Team Win pages) then sideload worked again, i could flash dfe and i now have running system and a few more gray hairs.

Last edited:

aourelsefa

Jul 7, 2022
Hello,
First of all thanks for this amazing rom, been using it for months with no issue.

My phone runs on version PixelOS_ginkgo-11.0.20211002-0744
Clearly its an old version and it runs android 11.
My recovery is Twrp, i cant remember which version.

What are the steps i need to take to update to the latest release of yours? without losing my data.
Do i have to change recovery before everything or update it?( im sure its version is as old as the version of my rom is)
Do i have to make a clean installation or a dirty flash will work?
Thanks!
In a response to my own Question.

The steps i took to come from an old version of this rom that had android 11.

1) Updated TWRP to the latest version provided on the thread.
2) Wiped cache, davlik, data, metadata, vendor ( couldnt find system to wipe for some reason)
3) Flashed latest EU firmware for ginkgo from the link provided on the thread.
4) Flashed the latest ROM version
5) Reboot aaaaaaaand bootloop hahahha
6) Rebooted again in recovery and flashed force encrypt
7) Reboot system - aaaand everything working perfectly

I hope this helps anyone that has the same question.

Rom looks good and smooth, battery optimization from the old android 11 rom to this rom is absolutely fantastic, my gingko works like its brand new.

The only thing i dont like its the camera app, feels quite laggy in daylight ( not in the sun, normal daylight) but im not a guy who takes constantly photos so its a no problem for me.

Also a bug maybe? i work all the time with mobile hotspot, so yesterday i was using it and once i went too far from the connected device in a point it disconnected from poor signal, the phone rebooted by itself, i did the same thing again to be sure and again the second time same thing happened. so basically when i want to get too far from the connected device i just turn hotspot off and then i turn it back on when i need it.

Hydra1704

Jun 7, 2019
Hi, little question, I'm currently running PE+ 11, so i should already have the latest Android 11 firmware installed on my Note 8T, now i want to flash Pixel OS, it's anyway mandatory to flash the latest firmware before flashing the ROM?

Hi, little question, I'm currently running PE+ 11, so i should already have the latest Android 11 firmware installed on my Note 8T, now i want to flash Pixel OS, it's anyway mandatory to flash the latest firmware before flashing the ROM?
If you want your wireless networks to work then yes

If you move from one custom rom to another then you have to do a clean flash

And if you do clean flash then flashing firmware is mandatory

Reactions: Hydra1704

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    pixelos.png

PixelOS is an AOSP-based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies. We aim to provide an experience similar to Google Pixel phones with numerous performance enhancements and a small amount of useful additional features.

Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Our Blog

Device-specific issues:
    • You tell me.

Requirements
    • Latest Global Stable Android 11 firmware for ginkgo and willow users

Downloads
    Download https://pixelos.net/download/ginkgo
    Recovery TWRP
    FIrmware https://sourceforge.net/projects/pixelos-releases/files/fourteen/ginkgo/firmware/
    Magisk (optional) https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases

Notes
    • Ships with QuicksilveR-v2.5 kernel
    • MIUI Camera is included
    • Enforcing Build

Keep in mind ...
    - DO NOT try to change the included kernel
    - DO NOT USE any other recovery than the recommended TWRP or PixelOS recovery which is included
    - YOU MUST CLEAN FLASH IF:
    - You are coming from any other ROM or MIUI
    - You are coming from previous Android Version

Clean flash (coming from a different ROM):
    Clean flash involves formatting data which means you will be loosing data stored in the internal storage of your device, data in SD Card should not be affected. I will not be responsible for any loss of data.
    - Download ROM, TWRP recovery (click [here](https://sourceforge.net/projects/win-abs/files/ginkgo/Teamwin%20Recovery/recovery_FbeV2.img/) for TWRP) and firmware (you can find it under the 'Archive' on website) to your computer
    - Reboot the device to bootloader (Fastboot Mode)
    - Flash the recovery by running fastboot flash recovery <path/to/recovery.img> in terminal
    - Reboot to recovery by running fastboot reboot recovery in terminal
    - Go to Advanced > Enable ADB Sideload
    - (Optional) Flash the firmware through ADB sideload by running adb sideload <path/to/firmware.zip>
    - Flash the ROM through ADB sideload by running adb sideload <path/to/rom.zip> in terminal
    - Go to main menu > Wipe > Format Data > Type "yes" and confirm
    - Reboot and voila!

Dirty Flash / Update
    There will be no loss of data if everything goes well. Keep backups incase of any mishap. I will not be responsible for any loss of data.
    - Download ROM file to your computer
    - Reboot the device to recovery
    - On your phone [which is in recovery mode], go to Advanced > Enable ADB Sideload
    - Flash the ROM through ADB sideload by running adb sideload <path/to/rom.zip> in terminal

Read our blog https://blog.pixelos.net
    Join our Telegram Group https://t.me/PixelOSChat

If you've noticed anything that isn't translated in a language you speak, please consider helping out with the translations.

We depend on donations to keep our infrastructure running, show your support by donating!

Source Code

PixelOS http://github.com/PixelOS-AOSP
    Device Tree and Vendor Tree https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices
    Kernel Tree https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices/kernel_xiaomi_ginkgo

ROM OS Version: Android 14/13/12.1
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14.256
    Encryption FAQ

Encryption means converting your data into an unreadable (encrypted) format which prevents it from being read without first being decrypted, increasing security as those who don't know the key (in this case password or PIN) to decrypting the data won't be able to read the data, they'll just get jumbled characters.

On the other hand, leaving the phone decrypted or forcing decryption will allow anyone access to that data without issue.

Most ROMs are encrypted by default. When formatting data during the flashing process, this allows the data partition to be encrypted when the phone boots.

In short:
    1. If you prefer your data being secure and aren't planning on changing ROMs frequently, leave the builds encrypted.
    2. If you plan on flashing different ROMs on a regular basis, decryption may be an easier option though less secure.

Can I flash magisk on encrypted builds with PixelOS recovery?
    Yes, you can sideload it

How to flash encrypted builds?
    - Reboot to fastboot mode
    - Flash PixelOS recovery fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    - Sideload ROM using ADB
    - Go to Advanced and Format Data
    PixelOS Update! (12/02/2022)

Recommended Recovery (optional) https://sourceforge.net/projects/pi...ecovery/recovery-ginkgo-20220212.img/download

Dirty flash is fine if coming from PixelOS_ginkgo-12.0-20220101-1205.zip or newer.

Changelogs:
    Merged February security patch
    • Added more themed icons
    • Added quicktap (for supported devices)
    • OTA Updates for Official builds
    • Added in-call vibration options
    • Shipped PixelOS themed recovery
    • First class implementation of repainter app
    • Added Adaptive playback
    • Fixed Pixel buds app for non pixel device
    • Fixed the issue where phone fails to switch from stereo to mono on some devices
    • Added monet to Settings app icon color
    • Fixed battery saver quick settings tile
    • Added an option to disable unlock ripple animation
    • Performance improvements
    • Updated translations
    • Misc. fixes and optimizations

• Enabled quicktap
    • Fixed status bar padding on lockscreen
    • Fixed random reboots for some users
    • Enabled USB fastcharging by default
    • Merged tag 'LA.UM.9.1.r1-11600-SMxxx0.0' in kernel
    • Upstreamed kernel to 4.14.265
    PixelOS_ginkgo-12.0-20211023

Changelog:
    • Fixed drm crash (was responsible to multiple app crashes)
    • Added exfat support for sdcards
    • Fixed flickering animations
    • UI is now much smoother and more responsive
    • This release has two builds, encrypted and decrypted (please read encryption FAQ here)

Notes:
    • Everything works other than NFC (willow only)
    • Enforcing build
    • GApps included
    - Clean flash mandatory
    • PLEASE READ XDA THREAD BEFORE FLASHING

Important Links
    Download https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices/builds/releases/tag/2021-10-23
    Telegram Support Group https://t.me/whyredfirehub
    Screenshots https://t.me/whyredfiredev/201?single
    XDA Thread https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-12-official-pixelos-aosp-unified-22-10-2021.4237791/#post-84541917
    Donate https://paypal.me/whyredfire
    PixelOS 13 Update! (15/02/2023)

Changelogs:
    - Switched back to stock adreno stack
    - February 2023 patch has been merged
    - Switch to PropImitationHooks
    - Updated GMS components from the Pixel 5 (redfin)
    - CTS/Play Integrity passes again
    - Switched Network Traffic implementation
    - Switch to Immersive Navigation

Featureslist: https://blog.pixelos.net/