Development [ROM][13][OOS Cam][OP9] crDroid v9.12 [13.12.2023]

Search This thread

gecko8k

Apr 6, 2016
I finally managed to get my phone running CrDroid after first messing up the installation and soft bricking the phone. For anyone having similar troubles this is what I did.

First off, use the command prompt (cmd), not powershell since powershell does not seem to support sideloading.
  1. Use MSM Download Tool to get the phone to Android 11. To use the tool put the phone in EDL mode by powering it off, hold volume up + down and connect it to your computer with a USB cable and hit start in MSM.
  2. Use the OOS build in updater to update the phone. The updater says it will update to Android 13 but it will not. Instead it makes incremental updates moving from 11 over 12 to 13. Once it gets to 12 you are done updating.
  3. Unlock the bootloader. In developer settings there is either an Advanced restart option which adds three dots to the power menu where you can get to the bootloader. Or there is a USB Debug options so you can get to the bootloader with adb reboot bootloader.
  4. Get to the bootloader again after unlock and run the Update-firmware.bat from C.63 Firmware Flasher mentioned in the OP. It will prompt three warnings during flashing but this is okay.
  5. Your phone should be in recovery now. Do a factory reset. Sideload CrDroid, reboot to recovery and sideload Gapps. Reboot system and rejoice.
Thanks to stez827 for help 8^)

Edit 1: Tested this with updating OOS all the way to Android 13 before firmware flasher and it also works.

Last edited:
Reactions: co4 and stez827

gecko8k

Apr 6, 2016
Hi gwolfu

Thanks for creating this amazing rom, it really feels like coming home when I flash it on a phone.

A small feature request that you might could consider. Could you bring back the battery light and notification light from CrDroid 8.9? It is a nice feature that the LED tells you the state of charging and which app has received a notification.

Battery and notification light.png

gecko8k

Apr 6, 2016
Hi gwolfu

Two more features you could consider.
  • Bring back lock screen shortcuts so you can start any app on the phone from the lock screen.
  • Right now the Night Light under Settings > Screen > Colour is pretty yellowish even at the lowest setting as if it starts at around 40%. Maybe you could tweak it so the lowest setting is no yellowish at all making it possible to add just a bit of yellowish to the screen.

co4

Dec 8, 2016
Google Pixel 2 XL
OnePlus 9
I downloaded the latest 20230114-build, but when I try to sideload it through recovery it says that it cannot read the rom file. Does anyone know how to fix that?
View attachment 5812557

Edit 1: I tried with two other builds of CrDroid but with the same result.
Use command prompt not PowerShell and it will show you the error. I fixed this with a different USB cable.

I posted about that here https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-13-oos-cam-op9-crdroid-v9-1-13-01-2023.4511625/post-87991277

My first problem was trying to sideload after using the firmware flasher
I was using powershell as the bat uses ps, CMD auto loads it, and it wasn't showing me what errors I had.
In the end I moved the adb.exe to my /PATH/ and reloaded ADB using command prompt only to find all my use USB cables that work perfectly with ADB had an issue transferring data.

haseebali55554

Oct 22, 2015
islamabad
LG V40
Auto brightness is not calibrated, every time i have to decrease the brightness for surrounding environment because auto brightness always increase brightness too much why?

knodalyte

Jan 1, 2011
Waltham, MA
OnePlus 9
Just to clarify - in the OP installation instructions, does it mean EITHER have OOS 12 installed OR flash the 3 images from the Sourceforge download area? I don't have to do both, right?

Also, there are newer builds and kit downloads available than the 2023-01-13 one that is linked to from the crdroid.net, are they considered ready for use as a daily driver, or only the 01-13 build?

gecko8k

Apr 6, 2016
Just to clarify - in the OP installation instructions, does it mean EITHER have OOS 12 installed OR flash the 3 images from the Sourceforge download area? I don't have to do both, right?

Also, there are newer builds and kit downloads available than the 2023-01-13 one that is linked to from the crdroid.net, are they considered ready for use as a daily driver, or only the 01-13 build?
According to OP you should either

a) Be on OOS 12 AND flash the three files

or

b) Be on another OOS and use the firmware flasher

To be frank I used the firmware flasher on OOS 11 and it soft bricked my phone. What ended up working for me was using MSM to get my phone back, upgrading to OOS 12 with the OOS build in updater and then, from OOS 12, using the firmware flasher and everything worked flawlessly.

Reactions: knodalyte

haseebali55554

Oct 22, 2015
islamabad
LG V40
BE3pE0l.png

Code:
*** Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/13.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:
Pre-installation:
  • OOS 12 firmware is required (can update via firmware update tool found on download page, firmware button)
  • Download KIT files (download - this includes dtbo.img and vendor_boot.img)
  • Download recovery (from download page, recovery button)
  • Optional NikGapps core (download - note that you may also need setup wizard addon if you rely on Google restore)
  • Optional Magisk (boot.img used to patch with Magisk in order to get root, can be found in recovery folder from download page)
First time installation (clean flash):
  • Backup your data to PC, OTG flash drive
  • Make sure you have OOS 12 firmware installed (if used firmware flash tool from download page, proceed straight to install crDroid.zip)
  • Enter fastboot
  • Flash dtbo.img
  • Code:
    fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
  • Flash vendor_boot.img
  • Code:
    fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
  • Flash boot.img
  • Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
  • Boot to recovery (can do from bootloader or with buttons from power off state)
  • Now in recovery go to factory reset and confirm the reset
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Choose apply update and Apply from ADB
  • Now install crDroid zip via sideload
  • Code:
    adb sideload crDroid.zip
  • Go back to main menu and reboot to recovery to install gapps (if you don't want gapps, reboot to system)
  • To install gapps, simply sideload gapps.zip the same way you installed crDroid.zip then reboot to system
Update installation:
Via recovery (recommended way):
  • Boot to recovery
  • Choose apply update and Apply from ADB
  • Now install crDroid zip via sideload and reboot
  • Code:
    adb sideload crDroid.zip
  • If you had gapps, reboot to recovery and sideload gapps.zip and reboot
Via OTA:
  • Go to Settings -> System -> Updater and download latest build
  • Choose install and let it finish
  • If you have Magisk installed, don't click reboot when prompted and go to Magisk and choose install to inactive slot
  • Reboot
Note: In some cases where incompatible gapps used, may result in boot issues that should get fixed by flashing gapps again in recovery.

Sources:
ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
Kernel: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8350

Download:
ROM: https://crdroid.net/lemonade/9

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
crDroid OnePlus 9 Telegram
crDroid Community Telegram

If you like my work, consider a donation > My Paypal
haseebali55554 said:
Auto brightness is not calibrated, every time i have to decrease the brightness for surrounding environment because auto brightness always increase brightness too much why?

gecko8k

Apr 6, 2016
Just a word of advice. I downloaded the 20230120 build and updated my phone with it through the build in local updater. This soft bricked my phone. Don't do that 8^).

jmcl3an

Oct 18, 2018
Just a word of advice. I downloaded the 20230120 build and updated my phone with it through the build in local updater. This soft bricked my phone. Don't do that 8^).
You can run the update from the updater, you just need to reload GApps after that, before it restarts to the OS. I run the update from the installed updater and when it's time to reboot, I reboot to recovery and push GApps again. After it boots from there it's fine. I've had no issue with this method when using the updater, other than the one time I forgot to push GApps.

gecko8k

Apr 6, 2016
I think I found a bug.

Under Settings > System > Gestures > Hold power button there is a setting to launch the Digital assistant if you hold power. This does not seem to work, it brings up the Power menu no matter what you choose.

gwolfu

Recognized Developer
Build 20230127 is ready
WARNING WARNING WARNING
This update requires OOS 13 - F.18 firmware
For firmware update, can use firmware flash tool available on download page - firmware button

Code:
1. Download
2. Extract
3. Put phone in fastboot mode (adb reboot fastboot or VOL DOWN + Power from off state)
4. Connect phone to PC
5. Execute Update-firmware.bat (windows) or Update-firmware.sh (Linux - make file executable)
6. If you also want to update modem, choose yes when asked

Changelog: https://crdroid.net/lemonade/9#changelog
Download: https://crdroid.net/lemonade/9

Last edited by a moderator:

Fireblast3

Feb 13, 2017
OnePlus 5T
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Build 20230127 is ready
WARNING WARNING WARNING
This update requires OOS 13 - F.18 firmware
For firmware update, can use firmware flash tool available on download page - firmware button

Code:
1. Download
2. Extract
3. Put phone in fastboot mode (adb reboot fastboot or VOL DOWN + Power from off state)
4. Connect phone to PC
5. Execute Update-firmware.bat (windows) or Update-firmware.sh (Linux - make file executable)
6. If you also want to update modem, choose yes when asked

Changelog: https://crdroid.net/lemonade/9#changelog
Download: https://crdroid.net/lemonade/9
Hello
Right now I'm on Oxygen 13.0 build version LE2115_11_F.18. Can I update whiteout using firmware tool?

Top Liked Posts