that should it
"best bet is to flash OOS 12 c.62/63"
yeah and then only do:
- fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
- fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
- fastboot flash boot boot.img
- reboot to recovery
- adb sideload crDroid.zip

without using the firmware updater script to go to C.63 first. Correct? :)

DonnerPlays

Mar 27, 2015
Well... It may have turned out to be the usb cable.
No idea why because I never had issues with it up until now and anything else up until sideloading also worked.

The usb cable from my oneplu 6T works it seams

DonnerPlays

Mar 27, 2015
interstingly changing the usb cable (or port because I did both) also fixed all the "partition does not support slot messages from the firmware flasher"

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
OnePlus 11
You are making it more difficult than it needs to be. I hate repeating myself but too many people ask questions without reading through the thread. READ!!!!! You don't need to update all the way. Just MSM to a11 then use the C.63 firmware flasher to install firmware and recovery then you can flash rom in custom recovery. Also you can't use stock recovery to flash custom roms, they will always result in errors.

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
OnePlus 11
Anyone have an idea why I'm getting "kDownloadTransferError" when trying to sideload the crDroid.zip)
It happens immediately at 0% progress.

After bringing my phone into a bootloop trying to get from DerpFest to crDroid I recovered my phone with the MSM Tool.
Updated up to Android 12 (I also got an update for C.66 but didn't do that one)
- Unlocked bootloader
- went into fastboot
- followed the guide without the firmware flasher (Thinking I wouldn't need it now)
- tried sideloading the crDroid.zip
- "kDownloadTransferError"

I tried the tool as well but always get the same error.

I'm now recovering with MSM again. Any ideas in which order I should do things now??
You are making it more difficult than it needs to be. I hate repeating myself but too many people ask questions without reading through the thread. READ!!!!! You don't need to update all the way to a12. Just MSM back to a11 then use the C.63 firmware flasher to install firmware and recovery then you can flash rom in custom recovery. Also you can't use stock recovery to flash custom roms, they will always result in errors. If you still have problems then it's a bad download. Re-download ROM.

DonnerPlays

Mar 27, 2015
You are making it more difficult than it needs to be. I hate repeating myself but too many people ask questions without reading through the thread. READ!!!!! You don't need to update all the way to a12. Just MSM back to a11 then use the C.63 firmware flasher to install firmware and recovery then you can flash rom in custom recovery. Also you can't use stock recovery to flash custom roms, they will always result in errors. If you still have problems then it's a bad download. Re-download ROM.
I know I don't have to update all the way to Android 12 myself but going from Android 11 didn't work either

As you can read (If you would have READ!!!!!) it was caused by the cable but only when trying to sideload.
I also never said I used a stock recovery.

:/

I can only find C.62 rom
msm back to oos11, download oos c.48 full ota here (c.48 is the last full ota, later ones are all incremental), flash the zip in both slots via twrp and from there use the provided c.63 flasher. reboot to recovery, flash the rom and everything should be working. (you can actually use the c.63 flasher directly from oos11, but to be on the safe side, i flashed c.48 in between. worked for me.)

edit: nvm didn't see that it was caused by the cable sorry

Last edited:
Reactions: DonnerPlays

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
OnePlus 11
msm back to oos11, download oos c.48 full ota here (c.48 is the last full ota, later ones are all incremental), flash the zip in both slots via twrp and from there use the provided c.63 flasher. reboot to recovery, flash the rom and everything should be working. (you can actually use the c.63 flasher directly from oos11, but to be on the safe side, i flashed c.48 in between. worked for me.)

edit: nvm didn't see that it was caused by the cable sorry
As I previously stated, YOU DO NOT NEED TO UPDATE TO A12!!!!! JUST MSM BACK TO A11 THEN USE THE PROVIDED C.63 FIRMWARE!!!!!

Reactions: chefcesarpr

DonnerPlays

Mar 27, 2015
That didnt work for me, using LE2123...

Using c.63 flasher right after MSM, bricks my phone.

Script never finish because it waits for fastbootD mode, which phone never boot (black screen).

I have to recover with MSM again.
I'm guessing you unlocked the bootloader and booted into fastboot before running the script?

keshav26

Feb 19, 2011
Hi, I am having an issue with the charging ( had the same issue with android 12)... After plugin the charger the phone will do a sound and start charging my problem is that my phone keeps emmiting this sound every 30 s. It's like I am plugin the phone for charging every 30s
I didn't have this issue with OOS...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/13.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:
    Pre-installation:
    • OOS 13.1 - 13.1.0.591(EX01) firmware is required (can update via firmware update tool found on download page, firmware button)
    • Optional NikGapps Elite Gwolf2u (from download page, gapps button)
    • Optional Magisk (boot.img used to patch with Magisk in order to get root, can be found in recovery folder from download page)
    First time installation (clean flash):
    • Backup your data to PC, OTG flash drive
    • Make sure you are on OOS 13 or at least OOS 13 firmware installed
    • Extract firmware flasher zip
    • Enter fastboot
    • Execute Update-firmware.bat (windows) or Update-firmware.sh (Linux - make file executable) from extracted firmware flasher folder
    • Now in recovery go to factory reset and confirm the reset
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Choose apply update and Apply from ADB
    • Now install crDroid zip via sideload
    • Code:
      adb sideload crDroid.zip
    • Go back to main menu and reboot to recovery to install gapps (if you don't want gapps, reboot to system)
    • To install gapps, simply sideload gapps.zip the same way you installed crDroid.zip then reboot to system
    Update installation:
    Via recovery (recommended way):
    • Boot to recovery
    • Choose apply update and Apply from ADB
    • Now install crDroid zip via sideload and reboot
    • Code:
      adb sideload crDroid.zip
    • If you had gapps, reboot to recovery and sideload gapps.zip and reboot
    Via OTA:
    • Go to Settings -> System -> Updater and download latest build
    • Choose install and let it finish
    • If you have Magisk installed, don't click reboot when prompted and go to Magisk and choose install to inactive slot
    • If having gapps, reboot to recovery and sideload gapps package again
    • Reboot
    Note: In some cases where incompatible gapps used, may result in boot issues that should get fixed by flashing gapps again in recovery.

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8350

Download:
    ROM: https://crdroid.net/lemonadep/9

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid OnePlus 9 Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram

If you like my work, consider a donation > My Paypal