Development [ROM][13][OOS Cam][OP9Pro] crDroid v9.12 [13.12.2023]

Search This thread

john501l

Nov 18, 2015
I've been having so much trouble loading apps. They open and work for awhile but will start crashing at launch and I have to reboot my phone for them to work again. This happens with any app. I installed crdroid fresh from the start and followed all instructions. Could I have missed something with the kit files? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks for an awesome rom!
BE3pE0l.png

Code:
*** Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/13.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:
Pre-installation:
  • OOS 12 firmware is required (from download page, firmware button)
  • Download KIT files (download - this includes dtbo.img and vendor_boot.img)
  • Download recovery (from download page, recovery button)
  • Optional NikGapps core (download - note that you may also need setup wizard addon if you rely on Google restore)
  • Optional Magisk (boot.img used to patch with Magisk in order to get root, can be found in recovery folder from download page)
First time installation (clean flash):
  • Backup your data to PC, OTG flash drive
  • Make sure you have OOS 12 firmware installed (if used firmware flash tool from download page, proceed straight to install crDroid.zip)
  • Enter fastboot
  • Flash dtbo.img
  • Code:
    fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
  • Flash vendor_boot.img
  • Code:
    fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
  • Flash boot.img
  • Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
  • Boot to recovery (can do from bootloader or with buttons from power off state)
  • Now in recovery go to factory reset and confirm the reset
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Choose apply update and Apply from ADB
  • Now install crDroid zip via sideload
  • Code:
    adb sideload crDroid.zip
  • Go back to main menu and reboot to recovery to install gapps (if you don't want gapps, reboot to system)
  • To install gapps, simply sideload gapps.zip the same way you installed crDroid.zip then reboot to system
Update installation:
Via recovery:
  • Boot to recovery
  • Choose apply update and Apply from ADB
  • Now install crDroid zip via sideload and reboot
  • Code:
    adb sideload crDroid.zip
  • If you had gapps, reboot to recovery and sideload gapps.zip and reboot
Via OTA:
  • Go to Settings -> System -> Updater and download latest build
  • Choose install and let it finish
  • If you have Magisk installed, don't click reboot when prompted and go to Magisk and choose install to inactive slot
  • Reboot

Sources:
ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
Kernel: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8350

Download:
ROM: https://crdroid.net/lemonadep/9

Known issues:
- let me know

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
crDroid OnePlus 9 Telegram
crDroid Community Telegram

If you like my work, consider a donation > My Paypal

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
OnePlus 11
I've been having so much trouble loading apps. They open and work for awhile but will start crashing at launch and I have to reboot my phone for them to work again. This happens with any app. I installed crdroid fresh from the start and followed all instructions. Could I have missed something with the kit files? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks for an awesome rom!
I don't have that problem. Do a fresh install. MSM back to a11, unlock bootloader then use the c.63 flasher to install firmware and recovery. Then sideload ROM, reboot recovery, sideload gapps then boot to system. Reboot to recovery and sideload magisk if you want root.

Reactions: SomeDooD123

john501l

Nov 18, 2015
I don't have that problem. Do a fresh install. MSM back to a11, unlock bootloader then use the c.63 flasher to install firmware and recovery. Then sideload ROM, reboot recovery, sideload gapps then boot to system. Reboot to recovery and sideload magisk if you want root.
Thanks. I'll give it a try. Good to know it's just me.

SomeDooD123

Sep 13, 2010
Exactly what I did minus sideloading gapps. After rooting installed microG Installer Revived (I use Fox's Mmm to download/manage Magisk module zips). Have been running daily and have not noticed a single bug for over a week now.

Big thanks to the dev for this rom!

Skynet30

Jul 27, 2014
I wish the instructions of the OP would say exactly this. I wasted a lot of time updating the phone to C48 with the built in updater before using the flasher to go to C63. Installing this ROM can be done in 15 Minutes:

Restore with MSM 5 Minutes, unlock bootloader and reboot to bootloader 2 Minutes, Flash to C63 3 Minutes and since the flasher directly reboots to CR Recovery, flashing the ROM with Gapps and Magisk another 5 Minutes incl. the last reboot to the ROM.

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
OnePlus 11
I wish the instructions of the OP would say exactly this. I wasted a lot of time updating the phone to C48 with the built in updater before using the flasher to go to C63. Installing this ROM can be done in 15 Minutes:

Restore with MSM 5 Minutes, unlock bootloader and reboot to bootloader 2 Minutes, Flash to C63 3 Minutes and since the flasher directly reboots to CR Recovery, flashing the ROM with Gapps and Magisk another 5 Minutes incl. the last reboot to the ROM.
yes, it should be updated, your right but that's why I mentioned it. No reason to waste a lot of time updating stock.

Reactions: Skynet30

DonnerPlays

Mar 27, 2015
What did you do because worked fine for me
- Restored the image through magisk
- Download & Install OTA
- In Magisk. Install to inactive slot
- Reboot through magisk
= Crashdump

switching back to the previous slot (B in my case) returned me back to before the update.

Trying to install the ota again now but aren't hopeful :(

DonnerPlays

Mar 27, 2015
Well. After trying to update again it did reboot into the updated os but all google apps were crashing (I also got notifications about "missing google services")

Rebooted hoping that would fix it and now both slots run into crashdump

****ing great

Reznor7

Apr 27, 2013
It looks like the latest release might have a do not disturb bug. It's ignoring my schedules.

gwolfu

Recognized Developer
Well... installing that update didn't work :(

CrashDump :(
- Restored the image through magisk
- Download & Install OTA
- In Magisk. Install to inactive slot
- Reboot through magisk
= Crashdump

switching back to the previous slot (B in my case) returned me back to before the update.

Trying to install the ota again now but aren't hopeful :(
Well. After trying to update again it did reboot into the updated os but all google apps were crashing (I also got notifications about "missing google services")

Rebooted hoping that would fix it and now both slots run into crashdump

****ing great
Currently stuck in a bootloop.
Guys make sure to have proper firmware (C.63 - also linked on op), and hope you didn't change kernel (that can also cause boot loop)
In case of any boot issues via OTA, just flash gapps again
It looks like the latest release might have a do not disturb bug. It's ignoring my schedules.
no issue here and using that feature daily

dungfrs

Sep 20, 2014
Hà Nội
www.facebook.com
im currently in a12 8.10 build (i selected update to 8.11 but it still at 8.10 when i reboot and re-flash gapps)
can i dirty flash a13 and reflash gapps like usual ? or i have to do a clean flash cause i dont want to lose my current setting and apps

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts