[ROM][13][OOS CAM][OP7Pro] crDroid v9.12 [13.12.2023]

Search This thread

Alpha_Geek1

Apr 6, 2020
OnePlus 7 Pro
No ideas on this one? I still couldn't figure it out. Although at least I managed to install a working TWRP 3.7 with FBEv2 to both slots.

Also I encountered a bug with the dialer. The phone rings but no incoming calls are displayed. Installed simple dialer from F-Droid and it worked, so it seems to be a problem with the dialer shipped with crDroid.
How did you get TWRP installed? I am not able to boot the TWRP image after installing crDroid successfully. I do have the v2 FBE TWRP 3.7, but I can't boot to it.

recallmenot

Mar 23, 2023
Hi,
just registered, btw great ROM!! Been using it for 2 months, just perfect, especially with microg.

However I'd like to report a bug:
I have my phone plugged into my PC basically 24/7 and I want to keep the battery at 80% so as not to "cook" it. Especially since the battery is Li-HV and charges to 4.4V instead of 4.2V like standard Lithium cells, but they all age significantly faster spending time at a high state-of-charge.

I did this on my previous Moto E2, there it was with "Battery Charge Limit" app from F-Droid.
In the crdroid settings -> miscelaneous there is an "intelligent charging" option.
It mostly works but sometimes it doesn't and I still get 100%. What can be done to fix this?

On my Moto E2 when I set the limit to 80% and the recharge threshold to 75%, it charged until 80% and then stayed there, not charging / discharging the battery at all, but on this phone/rom even with "intelligent charging" limit set to 80% and recharge threshold to 75%, it charges to 80% and then drains to 75%, then charges to 80%, then draining to 75% and so on. This puts unnecessary cycles on the battery.
Is there a way to solve this?

On an unrelated, less important note: sometimes, the display wakes from sleep for no good reason at all (no notifications, no sounds) and then just stays on, on the lock screen.

Reactions: madhuranand007

draentor

Jul 24, 2012
How did you get TWRP installed? I am not able to boot the TWRP image after installing crDroid successfully. I do have the v2 FBE TWRP 3.7, but I can't boot to it.
You can't. TWRP doesn't support the new android encryption filesystem. For the Oneplus 7 Pro, you won't find any TWRP Android 12-13 compatible ROM.

draentor

Jul 24, 2012
That's interesting. I am sitting here with one of my OP7Pro devices running EvolutionX v7.6.2 (Android 13) and I no-kiddin' installed it with TWRP.
What ?

To be honest, I didn't tried all Oneplus 7 Pro Roms, CrDroid, LineageOS, CarbonROM were all with a custom recovery. Maybe it's ROM-related ?

@gwolfu Do you have some explanations ? How does it work ? Thanks !

recallmenot

Mar 23, 2023
oh so later this morning I saw there was an update, installed it, hope it will now always stick to the charge limit but it still seems to be bouncing between 80% and 75%
also still randomly wakes the screen

recallmenot

Mar 23, 2023
so.. the phone now ignored the charge limit again..charged to 100%
to replicate it might be helpful to attach the phone, then send the PC to sleep, and either leave it there or wake the PC, not sure in which state it happens

and I'm now certain that when it's sticking to the limit, it cycles back and forth between charge limit and recharge threshold

cantenna

Aug 5, 2012
Newcastle
Really appreciate all the effort that went into this rom, VoLTE & WiFi Calling is working, device feels new again... And it is feature rich with useful Tweak's, awesome android experience!

I have one issue though with Signal only, browsing gif crashes the app. I'm coming from Android 12 where it was working fine, so not sure where this issue is actually coming from.

Anyone know of a fix?

Last edited:

Tidewater

Aug 30, 2012
OnePlus 11
So I know I have asked this before and I kinda feel like a fool beating a dead horse but all of the latest nikgapps are recommending a clean install to use them. So here is my problem, computer died and had to replace it, all files died with it. I have no idea what version I used when I first installed. So, anyone know if there is going to be trouble with these versions on a dirty?

josepepowner

Aug 12, 2013
OnePlus 7 Pro
TWRP has worked with every ROM I've ever used for years. The reason to use it is because it works well and because it provides a way to make a full backup of the whole system. The recoveries which come with custom ROMs don't provide half the utility of TWRP. For me, no TWRP is a complete deal breaker. Usually, when I install I new ROM, I boot TWRP, install the ROM, then flash TWRP to replace the recovery. That has worked very well for years. My question is, if people actually aren't using TWRP, how are they making backups? I like to make a TWRP back up before I make any big changes - like custom theming, etc.
From what I understand and can only speculate TWRP isn't super needed anymore for backups because of Magisk. Because most things are done systemless you just safeboot and Magisk will disable all modules, in turn disabling your customization. This paird with app backup software like SwiftBackup or Titanium backup or Google's restore you can restore apps that way once your phone is setup. Now if you are talking about custom Kernals and stuff like that then you can still use crDroids recovery to reflash those things.

Also crDroid has so much customization built in I don't think you'll really need other things to customize your expereince. But if you need to, example exposed, it's a module so again the above would cover it.

I haven't made a nadroid backup since my S4 and have had no issues getting things back up and running. Gone are the days of directly modifying system files so it's extremely unlikely you'll need the nandroid backup.

This is my personal expereince anyway so your milage may vary.

Reactions: Tidewater

cantenna

Aug 5, 2012
Newcastle
Really appreciate all the effort that went into this rom, VoLTE & WiFi Calling is working, device feels new again... And it is feature rich with useful Tweak's, awesome android experience!

I have one issue though with Signal only, browsing gif crashes the app. I'm coming from Android 12 where it was working fine, so not sure where this issue is actually coming from.

Anyone know of a fix?
Update: Tried to Factory reset and from scratch twice starting with the mandatory FW Update Script provided by Op, still, Signal keeps crashing.

Attached is my log, can someone please take a look?

Before initial flash I was on Android 11 (Elixir) , I updated direct to this rom using the provided update fw script.

Now I am wondering if I should attempt MSM and upgrade official to 12 before trying again...

Attachments

• SignalCrash.zip
    286 KB · Views: 9

Alpha_Geek1

Apr 6, 2020
OnePlus 7 Pro
From what I understand and can only speculate TWRP isn't super needed anymore for backups because of Magisk. Because most things are done systemless you just safeboot and Magisk will disable all modules, in turn disabling your customization. This paird with app backup software like SwiftBackup or Titanium backup or Google's restore you can restore apps that way once your phone is setup. Now if you are talking about custom Kernals and stuff like that then you can still use crDroids recovery to reflash those things.

Also crDroid has so much customization built in I don't think you'll really need other things to customize your expereince. But if you need to, example exposed, it's a module so again the above would cover it.

I haven't made a nadroid backup since my S4 and have had no issues getting things back up and running. Gone are the days of directly modifying system files so it's extremely unlikely you'll need the nandroid backup.

This is my personal expereince anyway so your milage may vary.
I still find it invaluable for cloning. I maintain a fleet of OP7Pro devices, and TWRP allows me to clone the whole system from one device to another. I don't know how else I would do it. When theming, if I get into a boot loop, TWRP is a lifesaver. I just wipe, restore, and the whole thing is back 100% soup to nuts.

recallmenot

Mar 23, 2023
Can you please share where you got the TRWP??
I'd really like to know as crDroid recovery works well but is a bit basic.. I miss the days of flashing Magisk from recovery.

Can you please share where you got the TRWP??
I'd really like to know as crDroid recovery works well but is a bit basic.. I miss the days of flashing Magisk from recovery.

I flash Magisk from recovery all the time. The steps involved: flash the ROM; reboot to recovery so that the slot switches; flash Magisk, Gapps, and anything else you need; reboot to system.

inknow

Jan 8, 2018
A small logic bug with smart charging - phone will charge to full if you've reached the maximum percentage, and plugged it back in before reaching the minimum percentage.

For instance, using max = 85%, min = 75%:
Reach 85%
Unplug phone
Reach 80%
Plug phone
Phone will now reach 100% charge.

gwolfu

Recognized Developer
Thank you very much for developing

I download your updates through OTA every time
This build 20230401

The pixel launcher keeps crashing

I can't swipe up from bottom of the screen to Switch between open apps

From Telegram:

"That's the reason
Your gapps replaced stock launcher and recents control is part of launcher
Up to now (at least as far as I read), pixel launcher is not working properly with qpr2"

Later confirmation from nikgapps dev:

"Yes, Pixel Launcher needs an update if we're on QPR2 builds. Those who cannot wait for the official release they can either flash the latest canary release and disable pixel launcher in the process or simply flash this (https://xdaforums.com/t/android-13-gapps-nikgapps-arm64.3915866/post-88352313) addon

The easiest way to remove Pixel Launcher (if installed accidentally or intentionally) would be deleting /system/addon/##-PixelLauncher.sh file and performing an OTA update.
This will not restore Pixel Launcher with dirty flash of Rom or OTA update and will get stock launcher back."

And my suggestion that was also confirmed as working:

"Think you should be able to modifiy gapps installer to remove pixel launcher
Then dirty flash same build again and gapps without pixel launcher"

Reactions: bollerik

felinira

Mar 5, 2020
The preinstalled launcher crashes for me too as soon as I enter the passcode after OTA and will then crash in a loop.

Are there any ways to debug this? The last few betas exhibit the same behavior. Anything older will not boot at all.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/13.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:
    Pre-installation:
    • OOS 12 H.38 firmware is mandatory (can update via firmware update tool found on download page, firmware button)
    • Download recovery (from download page, recovery button)
    • Optional NikGapps Elite Gwolf2u (from download page, gapps button)
    • Optional Magisk (boot.img used to patch with Magisk in order to get root, can be found in recovery folder from download page)
    First time installation (clean flash):
    • Backup your data to PC, OTG flash drive
    • Make sure you have OOS 12 firmware installed (if used firmware flash tool from download page, proceed straight to install crDroid.zip)
    • Enter fastboot
    • Flash our boot.img in fastboot
    • Code:
      fastboot flash boot boot.img
    • Boot to recovery (can do from bootloader or with buttons from power off state)
    • Now in recovery go to factory reset and confirm the reset
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Choose apply update and Apply from ADB
    • Now install crDroid zip via sideload
    • Code:
      adb sideload crDroid.zip
    • Go back to main menu and reboot to recovery to install gapps (if you don't want gapps, reboot to system)
    • To install gapps, simply reboot to recovery again and sideload gapps.zip the same way you installed crDroid.zip then reboot to system
    Update installation:
    Via recovery (recommended way):
    • Boot to recovery
    • Choose apply update and Apply from ADB
    • Now install crDroid zip via sideload and reboot
    • Code:
      adb sideload crDroid.zip
    • If you had gapps, reboot to recovery and sideload gapps.zip and reboot
    Via OTA:
    • Go to Settings -> System -> Updater and download latest build
    • Choose install and let it finish
    • If you have Magisk installed, don't click reboot when prompted and go to Magisk and choose install to inactive slot
    • Reboot
    Note: In some cases where incompatible gapps used, may result in boot issues that should get fixed by flashing gapps again in recovery.

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8150

Download:
    ROM https://crdroid.net/guacamole/9

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid OnePlus 7 Pro Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram

If you like my work, consider a donation > My Paypal
    For those not willing to go through the hassle to install OOS 12 on both slots just to update firmware before installing crDroid, I've made a "firmware flash tool" available on download page
    Just boot to bootloader and run Update-firmware.sh (linux) or Update-firmware.bat (windows)
    Build 20231213 is ready

Changelog: https://crdroid.net/guacamole/9#changelog
    Download: https://crdroid.net/guacamole/9

For more updates on crDroid, follow crDroid 10 thread.
    This version is now EoL.
    Build 20221226 is ready
    This build includes lots of goddies, so check changelog :)

Changelog: https://crdroid.net/guacamole/9#changelog
    Download: https://crdroid.net/guacamole/9