Development [ROM][13][raven][oriole] riceDroid 10.1[AOSP][PIXEL][UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

abalam

Oct 30, 2011
github.com
OnePlus 10 Pro
Just a question about root happening. Have patched the boot.img and stuff after reboot device just stays root.. Now when I flash in Fkm RA kernel root is gone after reboot. Very strange...I don't have this with other roms. Does anyone know a solution for this? Everything installed correctly on a and b.

Theripper91

Aug 9, 2016
Just a question about root happening. Have patched the boot.img and stuff after reboot device just stays root.. Now when I flash in Fkm RA kernel root is gone after reboot. Very strange...I don't have this with other roms. Does anyone know a solution for this? Everything installed correctly on a and b.
1)Download Magisk V25. 2 or whatever latest version
2)Patch the Fkm kernel in Magisk.
3)Flash the patched boot image with fastboot

You need to root with magisk patched Nov stock boot image rather than the magisk patched Rice Droid boot image. Then when you flash kernel you will retain root. Not certain why, but reported as a working workaround. Can confirm this works for me.

abalam

Oct 30, 2011
github.com
OnePlus 10 Pro
You need to root with magisk patched Nov stock boot image rather than the magisk patched Rice Droid boot image. Then when you flash kernel you will retain root. Not certain why, but reported as a working workaround. Can confirm this works for me.
Have done that.
- patch the boot.img from ricedroid
- have boot in in fastboot and have direct install it again, this because I let it boot.
- rom comes now with rooted boot img and all root apps works.
- now I flash RA in Fkm and after reboot my root is gona

abalam

Oct 30, 2011
github.com
OnePlus 10 Pro
Have done that.
- patch the boot.img from ricedroid
- have boot in in fastboot and have direct install it again, this because I let it boot.
- rom comes now with rooted boot img and all root apps works.
- now I flash RA in Fkm and after reboot my root is gona
Edit: you mean flash or boot patched boot.img from stock oem nov? Not what comes with ricedroid???

chewy74

Jul 4, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
No man, I use the patched stock kernel from november.
So you used the boot.img from the latest stock firmware on the Google website?

After pulling the boot from it, you patch it through magisk and flash it. This will give you root so you can use fkm or exkm app or kernel flasher to flash radioactive or kirisakura kernel and after reboot, you should still have root.

Reactions: w_tapper

abalam

Oct 30, 2011
github.com
OnePlus 10 Pro
So you used the boot.img from the latest stock firmware on the Google website?

After pulling the boot from it, you patch it through magisk and flash it. This will give you root so you can use fkm or exkm app or kernel flasher to flash radioactive or kirisakura kernel and after reboot, you should still have root.
I know very well how to perform such an action, thanks for the explanation anyway. Just did it as you suggested but unfortunately nothing. Make sure you have the rom as well set to a and b. Try again soon. Thanks anyway guys.

Top Liked Posts

Future builds once I get my phone up and running will be unofficial, all previous builds prior to 10 beta was unoffical, the devs was OK with that. The purpose for the official tag was due to me testing the updater app, absolutely no need for it for anything else. Not pissed off just wondering why report something you claim to enjoy using. Our device gets blocked, eol for us with rice. Also no more builds until devs say it is ok to build.
    Builds will be done weekly or bi-weekly depending on updates pushed.

Issues fixed with storage, just to verify what app are you guys using so I can verify it's truly fixed. Background blur added to fix QS transparency. Face unlock works as well now.

Weather to be worked on.
    Hi All,

Weirdly my phone died two days ago, not sure how. I was extremely tired, flashed a test build, did not wait to verify the phone fully boots up, i woke up and saw it in bootloader mode, then went back to sleep. Woke up in the morning and the phone is not coming on. Figured the battery went dead but its not showing that it is taking any charge.

Ricedroid source changed.

It is now https://github.com/ricedroidOSS

Please stop the dead rumor.

I will upload the build with fixes tonight or tomorrow however I am not sure of the future development until i get my phone replaced or whenever I purchase a P7P.
    As promised

I was not able to test this however all should be ok.

In case anyone has bootloop i already know it would be because of the Updater app i modified in hopes of pushing ota updates in the future. Let me know so i can revert the change and also should this build fail you can easily revert to previous build.

Please report back any other bugs and if i missed fixing any.

# Download

riceDroid-13.0-2023010922-raven-v10.0-PIXEL-OFFICIAL-img.zip

Also test if the Updater works or if it said error please.
    But you actually receive more help on telegram.
    Not in my experience. I've found people on there to be quite rude and pedantic. There's a hell of a lot of nonsense that one has to wade through too.
    sushi.png

riceDroid for the Google Pixel 6/6 Pro [raven][oriole]

What is riceDroid?
    * Ricedroid is an operating system based on lineage/crdroid, that aims to provide necessary "ricing" for android while being fast and stable.

Terminology
    * The rice in the project name can be referred to "rice" (food) itself, but in a sense it is indeed the term "ricing" in linux.

Based on Android 13

Screen Shots
    rICE2.png

Whats working?
    Everything

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

Downloads
    Gapps = PIXEL
    Vanilla = AOSP

*FASTBOOT METHODS*

*RAVEN
    riceDroid-13.0-202301251600-raven-v10.1-AOSP-COMMUNITY-img.zip

riceDroid-13.0-202301252242-raven-v10.1-PIXEL-COMMUNITY-img.zip

*ORIOLE*
    riceDroid-13.0-202301252251-oriole-v10.1-AOSP-COMMUNITY-img.zip

riceDroid-13.0-202301252318-oriole-v10.1-PIXEL-COMMUNITY-img.zip

Install Instructions
    Reboot to bootloader
    fastboot update 'path to downloaded zip file'
    Data wipe can be done by adding -w (fastboot update -w 'path to downloaded zip file')

Good News!!!

Facebook issue is now fixed.

8 is gonna be great.
    Hey Everyone. Finally free from some crazy working hours. Please forgive me as it's really busy in Nov & Dec.

I need some testers for RiceDroid 10 Beta if anyone is interested.
    Have been off for a bit, will follow up later after work. For the person complaining about building a new build, rice has not made any changes since that build, what exactly should i build a new build for?, also the other roms has multiple builds except evo-x due to me not getting a chance to look at the camera bug. Not sure why some users are getting a battery drain, i am not getting any whatsoever, also someone else that tested prior to me uploading also is not getting any battery drain. Will look at the other responses later.
    Don't let anyone discourage you, you're doing a good job contributing with your time and effort to the community, just ignore trolls and keep doing what makes you happy.
    New Builds in OP,

Rice 8 with FaceUnlock amongst many other features added, 5G prop hacks thanks to hurt and the person that shared the link to his repo.

Enjoy :D