Development [ROM][13][raven][oriole] riceDroid 10.1[AOSP][PIXEL][UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Alekos

Feb 18, 2008
Apps & Games
Google Pixel 3 XL
oh ok, do you know how I can transfer all of my apps and photos?
you should stay on stock. there's a lot of work you need to do in order to get banking apps to work (just gotta learn I guess). do you have an old Pixel you can use to learn this on? Photos should be in the DCIM folder. Apps can be backed up using Super Backup or Swift Backup with root (I forget what the kids are using these days). Just without TWRP recovery, things are different. If you want to play with a custom ROM, backup all of your files and photos to the cloud and a computer (you never know), including your text messages (SMS Backup & Restore by SyncTech or QKSMS from fdroid).

Check if you are backing up your photos to Google Photos app (just open the app and see what is being backed up).

w_tapper

you should stay on stock. there's a lot of work you need to do in order to get banking apps to work (just gotta learn I guess). do you have an old Pixel you can use to learn this on? Photos should be in the DCIM folder. Apps can be backed up using Super Backup or Swift Backup with root (I forget what the kids are using these days). Just without TWRP recovery, things are different. If you want to play with a custom ROM, backup all of your files and photos to the cloud and a computer (you never know), including your text messages (SMS Backup & Restore by SyncTech or QKSMS from fdroid).

Check if you are backing up your photos to Google Photos app (just open the app and see what is being backed up).
I do have an old Lenovo phone but tbh I don't want to try installing my banking apps on it

alvin14

Have been off for a bit, will follow up later after work. For the person complaining about building a new build, rice has not made any changes since that build, what exactly should i build a new build for?, also the other roms has multiple builds except evo-x due to me not getting a chance to look at the camera bug. Not sure why some users are getting a battery drain, i am not getting any whatsoever, also someone else that tested prior to me uploading also is not getting any battery drain. Will look at the other responses later.

acuicultor

Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2013
Palma de Mallorca
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Have been off for a bit, will follow up later after work. For the person complaining about building a new build, rice has not made any changes since that build, what exactly should i build a new build for?, also the other roms has multiple builds except evo-x due to me not getting a chance to look at the camera bug. Not sure why some users are getting a battery drain, i am not getting any whatsoever, also someone else that tested prior to me uploading also is not getting any battery drain. Will look at the other responses later.
Don't let anyone discourage you, you're doing a good job contributing with your time and effort to the community, just ignore trolls and keep doing what makes you happy.

TheLoonyRebel

Mar 20, 2010
Amazon Fire TV
Nexus Player
Thanks from me also for your ROM builds. The only things I would say that could be improved going by at least the ArrowOS builds is having some kind of version/dating system so each build can be identified more easily along with updating the main post with the new build.

Also from what others have mentioned flashing Radioactive or any other kernels on your ROMs isn't working. I believe that's an SELinux issue but I could be wrong maybe? Maybe someone could fill in better on this issue.

dangambino

Feb 2, 2010
baltimore
Thanks from me also for your ROM builds. The only things I would say that could be improved going by at least the ArrowOS builds is having some kind of version/dating system so each build can be identified more easily along with updating the main post with the new build.

Also from what others have mentioned flashing Radioactive or any other kernels on your ROMs isn't working. I believe that's an SELinux issue but I could be wrong maybe? Maybe someone could fill in better on this issue.
Some one stated that custom roms are only working on stock 13.0 and no custom atm can flash kernel.

stompysan

Feb 1, 2011
Just a follow-up about the Facebook discoloration. Looks like this was addressed with the app, as an update fixed video playback for me. So far, been running very well. Just minor offset issues with display layout on oriole. Excellent stuff.

cyberg0d

Jan 9, 2007

I haven't had problems, got blue spark running, the only thing I noticed is that you loose root after kernel flash.

Here's screenie of the about showing blue spark running.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221009-024553_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20221009-024553_Settings.png
    306.4 KB · Views: 101

Timmmmaaahh!

Sr. Mod / Mod Cmte / Recognized Xmas Avatar Themer
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
Bruges
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T
Thread Cleaned├┤Hello everyone! I believe it would benefit us all to perform our breathing exercises now. Breathe in (pause) and breathe out (x5). I'm sure we all enjoy some conflict from time to time but on XDA we'd like to keep the focus on what really matters in life: software development. Okay, perhaps it's the 16th most important thing but let's keep the context of this platform in mind. There are plenty of other outlets to rid our minds of built up rage. May I suggest an old fashioned scream-in-a-pillow? I probably may not so feel free to choose your own outlets and refrain from flaming here. As we've gotten to know each other a bit better now, I'd like to make one personal suggestion: click here (and maybe also here, here, here, here,...) and press uninstall/disable. It may very well be the beginning of a better world and it will surely improve your device's battery life. ;)
If you wish to discuss this or anything else that makes you ponder our place in this vast universe, feel free to click here. Just keep the discussion in this thread to the aforementioned focus and we'll all have a good time. Above all: have a great Sunday! :)

Kind regards
Timmy
Senior Moderator

Last edited:

sronweb

Jul 25, 2010
Sicily
OnePlus 6T
Google Pixel 6 Pro
If it can help, to whom needing the social networks, as the original software of fb or instagram etc is designed to drain the battery because heavy and running continuously to get the personal data.... I would recommend some lighter replacement apps allowing access to the same network, as Friendly, Simple X or the same Facebook Lite version. With the first ones you can access to different social networks as Fb, Linkedin, Reddit etc.
This is valid for any rom.

Top Liked Posts

Awesome.

6 Pro only for now.

Before flashing via fastboot please ensure you are on the latest Dec sec patch
    Dec Bootloader & Modem

On windows . flash-base.sh on linux . flash-base.sh

Then fastboot update -w "downloaded file". Def leave -w to wipe as i believe you may have errors without doing that.

This is a personal build brought up specifically for the pixel series based on Lineage.

riceDroid-13.0-2023010216-raven-v10.0-PIXEL-OPEN-BETA

Feedback required
    Future builds once I get my phone up and running will be unofficial, all previous builds prior to 10 beta was unoffical, the devs was OK with that. The purpose for the official tag was due to me testing the updater app, absolutely no need for it for anything else. Not pissed off just wondering why report something you claim to enjoy using. Our device gets blocked, eol for us with rice. Also no more builds until devs say it is ok to build.
    As promised

I was not able to test this however all should be ok.

In case anyone has bootloop i already know it would be because of the Updater app i modified in hopes of pushing ota updates in the future. Let me know so i can revert the change and also should this build fail you can easily revert to previous build.

Please report back any other bugs and if i missed fixing any.

# Download

riceDroid-13.0-2023010922-raven-v10.0-PIXEL-OFFICIAL-img.zip

Also test if the Updater works or if it said error please.
    Builds will be done weekly or bi-weekly depending on updates pushed.

Issues fixed with storage, just to verify what app are you guys using so I can verify it's truly fixed. Background blur added to fix QS transparency. Face unlock works as well now.

Weather to be worked on.
    Hi All,

Weirdly my phone died two days ago, not sure how. I was extremely tired, flashed a test build, did not wait to verify the phone fully boots up, i woke up and saw it in bootloader mode, then went back to sleep. Woke up in the morning and the phone is not coming on. Figured the battery went dead but its not showing that it is taking any charge.

Ricedroid source changed.

It is now https://github.com/ricedroidOSS

Please stop the dead rumor.

I will upload the build with fixes tonight or tomorrow however I am not sure of the future development until i get my phone replaced or whenever I purchase a P7P.
    sushi.png

riceDroid for the Google Pixel 6/6 Pro [raven][oriole]

What is riceDroid?
    * Ricedroid is an operating system based on lineage/crdroid, that aims to provide necessary "ricing" for android while being fast and stable.

Terminology
    * The rice in the project name can be referred to "rice" (food) itself, but in a sense it is indeed the term "ricing" in linux.

Based on Android 13

Screen Shots
    rICE2.png

Whats working?
    Everything

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

Downloads
    Gapps = PIXEL
    Vanilla = AOSP

*FASTBOOT METHODS*

*RAVEN
    riceDroid-13.0-202301251600-raven-v10.1-AOSP-COMMUNITY-img.zip

riceDroid-13.0-202301252242-raven-v10.1-PIXEL-COMMUNITY-img.zip

*ORIOLE*
    riceDroid-13.0-202301252251-oriole-v10.1-AOSP-COMMUNITY-img.zip

riceDroid-13.0-202301252318-oriole-v10.1-PIXEL-COMMUNITY-img.zip

Install Instructions
    Reboot to bootloader
    fastboot update 'path to downloaded zip file'
    Data wipe can be done by adding -w (fastboot update -w 'path to downloaded zip file')

Good News!!!

Facebook issue is now fixed.

8 is gonna be great.
    Hey Everyone. Finally free from some crazy working hours. Please forgive me as it's really busy in Nov & Dec.

I need some testers for RiceDroid 10 Beta if anyone is interested.
    Don't let anyone discourage you, you're doing a good job contributing with your time and effort to the community, just ignore trolls and keep doing what makes you happy.
    New Builds in OP,

Rice 8 with FaceUnlock amongst many other features added, 5G prop hacks thanks to hurt and the person that shared the link to his repo.

Enjoy :D