Development [ROM][13][raven][oriole] riceDroid 8.0[AOSP][PIXEL]

Search This thread

Twiggy000b

Oct 27, 2015
Screenshot_20221002-143506_Facebook.png
Screenshot_20221002-143523_Facebook.png
I installed the ROM because it said it was built off of lineage andand I noticed that this is an issue for movies on Facebook.

Reactions: squidbutt

bs3pro

Jul 24, 2020
Problem with Android auto has something to do with latest versions not being able to load. They force close. The stock installed version opens, but forces you to update, and once it does, it force closes. Gotta go back to stock for now. Need aa

Reactions: bigcat777

stompysan

Feb 1, 2011
Gotta say, loving battery life so far. Over 6 hours SOT on oriole with 30% remaining. 90hz all day, 5G and BT on all day. Couldn't even get 6 hours on a full cycle with stock.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221003-180135_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20221003-180135_Settings.png
    167.9 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: alvin14 and sronweb

WhiteReign

Apr 15, 2011
All I get is..

C:\adb>fastboot update -w riceDroid_raven-img-eng.alvin.zip
target reported max download size of 261095424 bytes
archive does not contain 'boot.sig'
archive does not contain 'recovery.img'
Invalid sparse file format at header magi

WhiteReign

Apr 15, 2011
You only posted a small segment of the log. If you post all of it, devs and users can help more. What you clipped is expected, and doesn't show any failure.
Sorry I Was drinking lol.

Here is what I did

fastboot update -w riceDroid-6.0-COMMUNITY-AOSP-raven.zip

After that I got

Not sure what I did wrong at this point. I am on 13.0.0 (TP1A.220905.004, Sep 2022)

HelpI want to use this rom :)

stompysan

Feb 1, 2011
Sorry I Was drinking lol.

Here is what I did

fastboot update -w riceDroid-6.0-COMMUNITY-AOSP-raven.zip

After that I got

Not sure what I did wrong at this point. I am on 13.0.0 (TP1A.220905.004, Sep 2022)

HelpI want to use this rom :)

There should definitely be more text after invalid sparse file format. I would verify your platform tools are up-to-date and also make sure your device reboots into fastbootd during the install. If nothing happens after the reboot, check your device manager to make sure it shows up properly and not as an unknown device. You can also try a different USB cable and port to rule out any other points of failure.

If you try installing again, a screenshot of your command prompt or terminal during the install may help a bit.

Edit: Also, just as a sanity check, you do have raven right? I messed up during my first install with oriole because I downloaded the link in the OP, and not the one for P6, and it didn't do anything after rebooting to fastbootd.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New Builds in OP,

Rice 8 with FaceUnlock amongst many other features added, 5G prop hacks thanks to hurt and the person that shared the link to his repo.

Enjoy :D
    Currently uploading new builds with nav bar fixed along with safetynet now passing without root. Will post links in the morning. Thanks again for the feedbacks.
    New builds updated, would be great full for feedback as well for any other bugs found.
    Currently uploading new builds with nav bar fixed along with safetynet now passing without root. Will post links in the morning. Thanks again for the feedbacks.
    So I was on the fence about flashing this operating system onto my Pixel 6 Pro, and after doing so I can honestly say that this is by far the best custom OS that you could put on your phone. If you like customization. Everything is neatly packed into the ROM itself and the fluidity of the operating system itself is great. Battery life is amazing and the options are very very good as opposed to stock. I tried flashing a custom kernel on this and unfortunately as many have tried before I end up with no root available. So I am sticking with stock. Overall I was able to root with magisk and pass YASNAC FINE. I don't not fault verity or anything
    Anyone using the AOSP Version? Withy or without MicroG. how is the experience with it
    Raven AOSP here; I use AGC's modded Gcam combined with the Gcam Services Provider mod. I also use ReVanced MicroG for YouTube ReVanced. It all runs perfectly (not a single Gcam crash) 👌
    sushi.png

riceDroid for the Google Pixel 6/6 Pro [raven][oriole]

What is riceDroid?
    * Ricedroid is an operating system based on lineage/crdroid, that aims to provide necessary "ricing" for android while being fast and stable.

Terminology
    * The rice in the project name can be referred to "rice" (food) itself, but in a sense it is indeed the term "ricing" in linux.

Based on Android 13

Screen Shots
    rICE2.png

Whats working?
    Everything

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

Available Builds
    Gapps = Pixel
    Vanilla = AOSP

*FASTBOOT METHODS*

*RAVEN
    riceDroid-7.0-221015FB-COMMUNITY-PIXEL-raven

riceDroid-7.0-221011FB-COMMUNITY-AOSP-raven

RiceDroid 8.0 Raven Pixel

RiceDroid 8.0 Raven AOSP

*ORIOLE*
    riceDroid-7.0-221015FB-COMMUNITY-PIXEL-oriole

RiceDroid 8.0 Oriole Pixel

RiceDroid 8.0 Oriole AOSP

Install Instructions
    Reboot to bootloader
    fastboot update 'path to downloaded zip file'
    Data wipe can be done by adding -w

Good News!!!

Facebook issue is now fixed.

8 is gonna be great.
    Have been off for a bit, will follow up later after work. For the person complaining about building a new build, rice has not made any changes since that build, what exactly should i build a new build for?, also the other roms has multiple builds except evo-x due to me not getting a chance to look at the camera bug. Not sure why some users are getting a battery drain, i am not getting any whatsoever, also someone else that tested prior to me uploading also is not getting any battery drain. Will look at the other responses later.
    Don't let anyone discourage you, you're doing a good job contributing with your time and effort to the community, just ignore trolls and keep doing what makes you happy.
    New Builds in OP,

Rice 8 with FaceUnlock amongst many other features added, 5G prop hacks thanks to hurt and the person that shared the link to his repo.

Enjoy :D
    Sorry for the no show. Been spending the last few weeks trying to port over rice configs locally trying to figure out that facebook issue with armv8. I will upload Rice 8 once the commits are pushed.