Development [ROM][13][raven] RisingOS 1.1 Babylon[AOSP][GAPPS][UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread
I had the same issue (with front and all back camera except telephoto). Same thing, reboot fixed it. I was trying to figure out if it was related to rooting with the Canary build. Or maybe the fact that I was on the QPR1 build and when I wiped and flash Stock Nov maybe it didn't wipe properly. I am on the 64-Bit QPR1 right now. I am going to wipe and install Nov with the Android Flash tool and install Rice again. Going to run without root for a few days and see if it happens
Interesting ... I have the Newest version of Android and flashed with the pixel flasher app .. did fill wipe with clean install plus root and it happened for me

w_tapper

Of course is difficult to compare battery life between users but I'm quite confident that an optimized kernel has some benefit. Most likely you had some issue causing battery drain, a wakelock or other reasons, because the experience with stock kernel has been acceptable for me. I'm now testing kirisakura, did you enable any profile, or just keep the default setting?
flashed through exkm and kept default settings, now I get like 7 hours of screen on time

Jul 8, 2017
I tried installing Kirisakura, i was rooted, installed kernel flasher and flashed the zip. After installing i lost root, as some other people mentioned here, then i tried the method of using the stock november boot img, that caused a bootloop. I managed to fix it by installing the boot.img from rice again. 1h lost and no custom kernel :( can someone tell me what i did wrong here?

thanks and kind regards

turkertatar

Mar 8, 2013
Anyone can help me i have this issue o cant flash rom

(bootloader) image size (1025724416) biffer than partition size (89115443
FAILED (remote: failed to flash partition (system_a))
İ have already Paranoid Android

sronweb

Jul 25, 2010
Sicily
OnePlus 6T
Realme 8
I tried installing Kirisakura, i was rooted, installed kernel flasher and flashed the zip. After installing i lost root, as some other people mentioned here, then i tried the method of using the stock november boot img, that caused a bootloop. I managed to fix it by installing the boot.img from rice again. 1h lost and no custom kernel :( can someone tell me what i did wrong here?

thanks and kind regards
I followed the instructions described on kirisakura first post:

Requirements
- unlocked Bootloader
- USB-Debugging in developer options enabled
- latest adb and fastboot binaries
- working adb and fastboot environment so you can flash back to stock in case something goes wrong
- working magisk environment (a device rooted with latest magisk stable in case you want to be absolutely safe)
- IMPORTANT: Unrelated to the kernel, but update both slots of your phone to A13! (take a look here)
How to flash the Kernel:
1a. Make sure you tick all the requirements above
1. Download the correct kernel.zip depending on your device (Pixel 6 = oriole || Pixel 6 Pro = raven)
2. Flash the correct kernel.zip via EXKM, FKM or kernel flasher. Root will be preserved. The AK3 magisk helper module will be automatically installed during flashing the kernel.zip and be present on next reboot.
Do not remove or disable the AK3 Magisk Helper Module otherwise the device will bootloop.
3. Reboot and profit.

Reactions: thelostsoul89
Jul 8, 2017
I followed the instructions described on kirisakura first post:

Requirements
- unlocked Bootloader
- USB-Debugging in developer options enabled
- latest adb and fastboot binaries
- working adb and fastboot environment so you can flash back to stock in case something goes wrong
- working magisk environment (a device rooted with latest magisk stable in case you want to be absolutely safe)
- IMPORTANT: Unrelated to the kernel, but update both slots of your phone to A13! (take a look here)
How to flash the Kernel:
1a. Make sure you tick all the requirements above
1. Download the correct kernel.zip depending on your device (Pixel 6 = oriole || Pixel 6 Pro = raven)
2. Flash the correct kernel.zip via EXKM, FKM or kernel flasher. Root will be preserved. The AK3 magisk helper module will be automatically installed during flashing the kernel.zip and be present on next reboot.
Do not remove or disable the AK3 Magisk Helper Module otherwise the device will bootloop.
3. Reboot and profit.
That's exactly what I did, at first i was a bit cautious when the topic started here and waited. After being reassured that i just needed to follow these steps to successfully get it working, i stared the installation.. no luck for me so far, even after the second attempt. I won't be messing with the Nov boot.img anymore.. thanks anyways

Reactions: sronweb

thanks and kind regards
You need to flash the magisk patched Nov stock boot image when you root Rice, not magisk patched Rice boot image. Then you can flash a custom kernel and retain root.

Reactions: chewy74

chewy74

Jul 4, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
You need to flash the magisk patched Nov stock boot image when you root Rice, not magisk patched Rice boot image. Then you can flash a custom kernel and retain root.
I can confirm this worked. Pull the boot.img from the stock Google rom and patch it with magisk. Then flash it to ricedroid (fastboot flash boot boot.img). Then Install FKM or exkm app and flash the custom_kernel.zip and root should be maintained.

w_tapper

thanks and kind regards
did you make sure that you didn't accidentally download the ota? I just took it from the full update and it seemed to work fine

Bourjois

Mar 1, 2012
Quick potential bug post: The search function in settings doesn't work for me (Raven AOSP).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221125-184544_Settings Services_1.png
    Screenshot_20221125-184544_Settings Services_1.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 63

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    risingOS_banner.png

RisingOS for the Google Pixel 6 Pro [raven]

What is RisingOS?
    * risingOS is An OpenSource Aftermarket Android Operating System that aims to deliver unique and refreshing android experience..

Based on Android 13 QPR2

Screen Shots
    RisingScreenShots.png

Whats working?
    Everything I know of

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

Downloads

*FASTBOOT METHODS*

Required platform-tools 33.*.*
    (Stay away from 34.*.* as it gives an error)

*RAVEN
    risingOS-v1.1-Babylon-202306181601-raven-GAPPS-COMMUNITY-fastboot.zip

risingOS-v1.0-Atlantis-202304261100-raven-GAPPS-COMMUNITY-updateimages.zip

Install Instructions
    Reboot to bootloader
    fastboot update 'path to downloaded zip file'
    Data wipe can be done by adding -w (fastboot update -w 'path to downloaded zip file')

Good News!!!

Facebook issue is now fixed.

8 is gonna be great.
    Hey Everyone. Finally free from some crazy working hours. Please forgive me as it's really busy in Nov & Dec.

I need some testers for RiceDroid 10 Beta if anyone is interested.
    Have been off for a bit, will follow up later after work. For the person complaining about building a new build, rice has not made any changes since that build, what exactly should i build a new build for?, also the other roms has multiple builds except evo-x due to me not getting a chance to look at the camera bug. Not sure why some users are getting a battery drain, i am not getting any whatsoever, also someone else that tested prior to me uploading also is not getting any battery drain. Will look at the other responses later.
    Don't let anyone discourage you, you're doing a good job contributing with your time and effort to the community, just ignore trolls and keep doing what makes you happy.
    New Builds in OP,

Rice 8 with FaceUnlock amongst many other features added, 5G prop hacks thanks to hurt and the person that shared the link to his repo.

Enjoy :D