Development [ROM] [13] ・ Cherish OS v4.2 - Xiaomi Mi 11・OFFICIAL

Search This thread

kotalol

Feb 25, 2022
Xiaomi Mi 11
Fresh install from last update.
After flashing magisk 25.1, touchscreen issue when i want to unlock the phone.

So going to format data again but how to solve magisk problem ?
Probably brcause you re-used the old boot image, kernel was totally rebased so you should repatch the new boot image ! Wait for me to post it

kotalol

Feb 25, 2022
Xiaomi Mi 11
cherishlogo-png.5641963

New Update for CherishOS on Xiaomi Mi 11!

A new release is up!
Informations :

Was built on the 27th of June 2022.
Passes CTS By default, Selinux Enforcing.
Want to donate?
Here!

Changelog :

Too big to write here! (Click me)

What's broken ?

- You tell me!

Download :

ROM : Click me!
Boot Image : Here!

Follow @CherishOS
Join @CherishOS_Chat

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: NgaChan705088

Triger972

Jan 24, 2019
After testing evolution x I switched to this rom and now cherish os is really amazing

Boot is really fast now

The battery in idle mode doesn't discharge as fast by underclocking the processor here is the config I use and I also underclocked the gpu to 150mhz for a daily use and the result on the battery level is really incredible...

Little cluster :

Max cpu:1804 mhz
Minimum cpu:300 mhz

Big cluster:

Max cpu:1324 mhz
Min:710 mhz

Prime cluster :

Max cpu:1305 mhz
Min cpu: 844 mhz

I have not yet tested antutu on this rom but with underclock+ this rom the battery is back to normal in idle mode

Good job!!! I Love this rom now

English is not my native language sorry everyone

NgaChan705088

Jun 13, 2022
Im interest to flash this ROM so I want to know about battery state on this cherish ROM .Already experienced on evolution x and PE

NgaChan705088

Jun 13, 2022
Can I get another download link Sir .Download from given link is alway fail when reach 25 30 downloaded percent.Thank You.

NgaChan705088

Jun 13, 2022
There is no sound when playing mp3 MP4 with vlcplayer .Also cannot play mp3 MP4 while connected Bluetooth earbud even YouTube and Gaming is crashed.Sometime screen is freeze .Gaming mode is not good enough fps dropped in Battle royale game.That all errors I found in this rom.Hope ROM maintainer will fix in a coming update.Thank You Sir .

kotalol

Feb 25, 2022
Xiaomi Mi 11
There is no sound when playing mp3 MP4 with vlcplayer .Also cannot play mp3 MP4 while connected Bluetooth earbud even YouTube and Gaming is crashed.Sometime screen is freeze .Gaming mode is not good enough fps dropped in Battle royale game.That all errors I found in this rom.Hope ROM maintainer will fix in a coming update.Thank You Sir .
I have some ideas to fix these issues, i'll go for it once i get back home

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: NgaChan705088

Eidenz

Please wait, the dev is on vacation for a week.

I have a question of my own though: do you think you could spoof the device as a Pixel 6 Pro for the live caption menu?

I wanted to translate Japanese to English (for YouTube videos), but this options is unavailable on the ROM. As far as I understand, this is a Pixel 6 feature at the moment.

Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220703-153542_Android System Intelligence~2.png
    Screenshot_20220703-153542_Android System Intelligence~2.png
    221.8 KB · Views: 43

kotalol

Feb 25, 2022
Xiaomi Mi 11
Please wait, the dev is on vacation for a week.

I have a question of my own though: do you think you could spoof the device as a Pixel 6 Pro for the live caption menu?

I wanted to translate Japanese to English (for YouTube videos), but this options is unavailable on the ROM. As far as I understand, this is a Pixel 6 feature at the moment.

Thank you
Hey sir,

You can try doing that, but spoofing may break some features.

Also, feel free to report bugs, even during vacations! It always helps this ROM's development. :)

Reactions: Eidenz

Eidenz

Hey sir,

You can try doing that, but spoofing may break some features.

Also, feel free to report bugs, even during vacations! It always helps this ROM's development. :)

I see. I mainly asked for an option (like the one for photos and Netflix) since my phone isn't rooted and I can't spoof it myself.

But I guess the feature might not work even if the menu gets unlocked...

Also, I do confirm the previously mentioned random freezes and bluetooth sound not working on my end. The freezes usually disappear for a couple days after reboot tho.

Triger972

Jan 24, 2019
it's me or genshin impact crash with this version of cherish ?

I got freeze after 5 minute genshin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XDA_CherishFull.png

CherishOS is an AOSP based rom focusing on Unique and Smooth UI with handy features.

Your warranty is now void, or not... I have no idea it depends... ・ I'm not responsible for bricked devices, thermonuclear war or alarm app fails. ・ If it's your first time or you're unexperienced with flashing ROMS, please do some search before flashing! ・ YOU are choosing to make these modifications, you're the only responsible guy for messing up if you do so.

XDA_Informations.png

Build Date : 28th of November 2022
    ROM Developer : Hungphan2001
    Maintainer : kota
    Latest v4.2 Sources.
    Selinux State : Enforcing
    Running latest Security patch! (November)
    Passes CTS by default.
    Donations :
    Here!
    Used Kernel : Here!

XDA_Working.png

・ WIFI
    ・ RIL
    ・ Mobile Data
    ・ GPS
    ・ Camera
    ・ Flashlight
    ・ Camcorder
    ・ Bluetooth
    ・ FM Radio
    ・ Fingerprint Reader
    ・ Face Unlock
    ・ NFC
    ・ Lights
    ・ Sound / vibration

XDA_Issues.png

You tell me!

XDA_GUIDE.png

Initial flash :

・ Make sure that you are on MIUI 13.0.X or an A12 AOSP, MIUI 12.x or any A11 AOSP will just EDL Brick. ・ Reboot to Bootloader and follow the next steps! (They're different if you have TWRP) ・ Flash the Boot Image you downloaded by doing "fastboot flash boot_ab boot_cherish.img". (Recovery) ・ Reboot into Recovery Mode by doing this command "fastboot reboot recovery". ・ Once in Recovery, go into "Format Data/Factory Reset". (DOING THIS STEP WILL WIPE YOUR DATA) ・ Then go back into the main menu, and go into Apply Updates -> Apply from ADB. ・ Check if the device is connected by doing "adb devices", it should be in Sideload Mode. ・ Finally, Sideload your ROM by performing this command : "adb sideload cherish_rom_name.zip" and reboot.

Sideload Update : (dirty flashing)

・ Make sure that you're not making a downgrade! 🙈 ・ Reboot into Recovery Mode and select Install Update -> ADB Sideload. ・ Once done, Sideload your ROM by performing this command : "adb sideload cherish_rom_name.zip" . ・ Finally, Quit Sideload Page and reboot. Enjoy the new release!

You also want to root? Here are some steps.
    Installing Magisk : (optional)

・Download the latest provided boot image to your Internal Storage on your device. ・Second, download and install Magisk. Once done, Click Install and patch the image you downloaded. ・Then send the new magisk image (that should be in /Downloads) to your ADB directory in your PC. ・Finally, reboot to Fastboot Mode and perform this command : "fastboot flash boot magisk_file.img"

XDA_Download.png

Boot Image : Here!

Follow @CherishOS
    Join
    @CherishOS_Chat
    Have a nice day!
    New CherishOS Build is out!

Running early 3.9 Sources with latest July patches

With all the new expected changes and a bit more :)
    (Pre-Release, It just means that it's not listed on CherishOS groups and website + not fully on XDA yet!)

Can be found on CherishOS Sourceforge here!
    Changelog: https://telegra.ph/Xiaomi-Mi-11--Changelog-8th-of-July-2022-07-08

Enjoy!
    cherishlogo-png.5641963

New Update for CherishOS on Xiaomi Mi 11!

A new release is up!
    Informations :

Was built on the 12th of July 2022.
    Passes CTS By default, Selinux Enforcing.
    Want to donate?
    Here!

Changelog :

- Updated 3.9 Sources (improvements and fixes)

+ Changes from 8th of July.

- Switched Vendor Blobs to Global MIUI.
    - BT Audio is now fixed.
    - Fixed Landscape mode Status Bar (Google messed it twice ^^)
    - Clear Speaker feature bring up. (From MIUI 12)
    - AnxCamera bring up! (Removed Stock Camera)
    - Overall Stability Improvements.

What's broken ?

- You tell me!

Download :

Follow @CherishOS
    Join @CherishOS_Chat
    Have a nice day!
    it's me or genshin impact crash with this version of cherish ?

I got freeze after 5 minute genshin

Working on it with other fixes too.
    Most glitches happening on latest CherishOS are related to Vendor Blobs issues.
    The issue seems to be related to two changes :

- Latest Firmware not being provided with the ROM (to not risk EDL Bricking)
    - Vendor blobs being updated, but with an older firmware.

I'm still in vacation right now, but i'm also working on new plans for CherishOS and Mi 11 development in general.

For now, i already worked on a pre-release of what the next update should bring up :)
    Lets quacking go, congrats dude :)