[ROM][13][OFFICIAL] PixelExperience (Plus) [DISCONTINUED]

Search This thread

Alcatraz323

Apr 4, 2020
Xiaomi Mi 4
Google Pixel XL
is there a specific reason that full wipe before flashing from 12 to 13 is required? I dirty flash updated from 12+ to 13+ before reading this without wipe and everything SEEMS to be fine. Also is this build root compatible or not currently?
For some settings value format may change from 12 to 13. Eg Option0=A for 12 Option0=B for 13 and when you dirty flash, option0 stays 0 and present as B not A you set before

Root is always compatible

Reactions: MrStee97

Alcatraz323

Apr 4, 2020
Xiaomi Mi 4
Google Pixel XL
is there a specific reason that full wipe before flashing from 12 to 13 is required? I dirty flash updated from 12+ to 13+ before reading this without wipe and everything SEEMS to be fine. Also is this build root compatible or not currently?
So, it's bootable for dirty flash, but if you encountered any weird behavior, try factory reset

Reactions: MrStee97

MrStee97

Account currently disabled
Jun 27, 2014
GB
meettomy.site
Razer Phone 2
Ahhh ok that makes sense, seems like something I should have done when switching from 12 to 12+ lol, Razer parts would crash if I tried to modify any of the manual text values, interesting that a dirty flash to 13+ seems to have actually fixed this

MrStee97

Jun 27, 2014
GB
meettomy.site
Razer Phone 2
For some settings value format may change from 12 to 13. Eg Option0=A for 12 Option0=B for 13 and when you dirty flash, option0 stays 0 and present as B not A you set before

Root is always compatible
Reading the current guide for magisk install, it sounds like I need to patch the boot.img, but when I unzipped the rom file, I couldn't find it, is there a different way to do it?

phAnt0mg33k

Jan 12, 2011
This Rom is working great! still have a bug with the razer camera that makes the app crash and not save the photo I just took. That and setting the LED to 255 makes changeing the value again after reboot just not work . Thank you so very much

Edit1: so I mad e an edit to the touch screen senstivity it felt off after using my fold 3 for a few minuets. Installed root and added [B]# Touch screen calibration and scroll responsivenes debug.performance.tuning=1 windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=200 view.touch_slop=2 view.scroll_friction=1.5 view.minimum_fling_velocity=25 ro.max.fling_velocity=12000 ro.min.fling_velocity=8000 ro.min_pointer_dur=8 touch.size.calibration=geometric touch.size.scale=100 #touch.size.bias=70 touch.pressure.calibration=amplitude touch.pressure.scale=0.3[/B] To the /system/build.prop and seems to be working even better. The razer camera app is working as intended now after it was moved from system/priv-app/ to documents and installed normally. I can open the app and snap a photo and it has saved every time

Edit 2 nope the bug is back it happen when you turn off the flash and take a photo it crashes.

Edit 3 Video calling from the native phone app is also broken, it will auto decline the in coming video call or outbound video call. Facebook was still working for video chat tho

Last edited:

Diegolgo

Nov 7, 2013
Razer Phone 2
hello, many thanks for this rom:

i can not say for sure yet, but is seems to screen hz for screen dont work (like the first versions of 12...) is always on 120hz

Diegolgo

Nov 7, 2013
Razer Phone 2
hello, many thanks for this rom:

i can not say for sure yet, but is seems to screen hz for screen dont work (like the first versions of 12...) is always on 120hz
yep, i tried differents hz, 30, 40, 48, and 120 and always is 120, to make sure, i did ufo test (web)

this is gonna dry the battery, please check this out. if is anything the i can help or try please let me know

MrStee97

Jun 27, 2014
GB
meettomy.site
Razer Phone 2
Anyone else have random lag every now and then after opening the app drawer or app switcher? Doesnt seem to affect any apps or the notification drawer, just home screen, switcher, and app drawer

Diegolgo

Nov 7, 2013
Razer Phone 2
Anyone else have random lag every now and then after opening the app drawer or app switcher? Doesnt seem to affect any apps or the notification drawer, just home screen, switcher, and app drawer
to me, this never happen, it works flawless (even camera feels works better than 12.1). i'm waiting to fix the screen hz issue to say this is perfectly recommended for stable daily use

pd: maybe you need to delete all data before flash ? (i do it and nothing work wrong)

Alcatraz323

Apr 4, 2020
Xiaomi Mi 4
Google Pixel XL
This Rom is working great! still have a bug with the razer camera that makes the app crash and not save the photo I just took. That and setting the LED to 255 makes changeing the value again after reboot just not work . Thank you so very much

Edit1: so I mad e an edit to the touch screen senstivity it felt off after using my fold 3 for a few minuets. Installed root and added [B]# Touch screen calibration and scroll responsivenes debug.performance.tuning=1 windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=200 view.touch_slop=2 view.scroll_friction=1.5 view.minimum_fling_velocity=25 ro.max.fling_velocity=12000 ro.min.fling_velocity=8000 ro.min_pointer_dur=8 touch.size.calibration=geometric touch.size.scale=100 #touch.size.bias=70 touch.pressure.calibration=amplitude touch.pressure.scale=0.3[/B] To the /system/build.prop and seems to be working even better. The razer camera app is working as intended now after it was moved from system/priv-app/ to documents and installed normally. I can open the app and snap a photo and it has saved every time

Edit 2 nope the bug is back it happen when you turn off the flash and take a photo it crashes.

Edit 3 Video calling from the native phone app is also broken, it will auto decline the in coming video call or outbound video call. Facebook was still working for video chat tho
Any ROOTED or MODULED report will be REJECTED.
Last time reply for such report: Camera is always good and btw, your "generic optimize prop" from xda post in 2014 is actually useless, it's almost 2023 now

Last edited:
Reactions: payypalmm

jjpainkiller

Apr 5, 2018
I'm really sorry, but I need help. There's no way I can get the fastboot commands to work. Tried installing usb drivers I found somewhere else, then on a clean and fresh windows 11 install following the razer instructions to do so... Nothing works... I get the adb devices and reboot bootloader working, but can't move forward. I've been excited for a couple of weeks now, waiting for the revival of my RP2, but I don't get around this issue. What could I do?

Diegolgo

Nov 7, 2013
Razer Phone 2
I'm really sorry, but I need help. There's no way I can get the fastboot commands to work. Tried installing usb drivers I found somewhere else, then on a clean and fresh windows 11 install following the razer instructions to do so... Nothing works... I get the adb devices and reboot bootloader working, but can't move forward. I've been excited for a couple of weeks now, waiting for the revival of my RP2, but I don't get around this issue. What could I do?
Is the same for me, the Best solución for me , is use Linux.
You can use a live system from USB , and do whatever You want, is very easy. Only need to install adb ando fastboot. (Sudo apt-get install adb for debían base system, ando that's it)
I manager to work drivers properly a couple of times in Windows, but in updgrades is loss, so , no more Windows to do this kind of things.
(Only fastboot drivers don't work) so, if You can use sideload install, use it, is simple and You can do it without properly drivers working.

phAnt0mg33k

Jan 12, 2011
This Works just fine I just use windows 10 BOOTLOADER DRIVER INFO

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NFjZzFl.png
    PixelExperience for Razer Phone 2 [aura]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 13

Extra Features
    PixelExperience feature
    7 levels of refresh rate switch
    Built-in Chroma controller
    Stock RazerCamera
    Dolby Atmos™ from stock SMR6

Whats working?
    Almost everything

Known issues
    DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

How to flash

Check PixelExperience wiki

Download
    Download/History Archive

FAQ:
    1. Verizon carrier out of service
    Here is step to solve

2. Can you update GPU OpenGL and Vulkan driver?
    NO. Cause Razer used a modified a630 gpu firmware, Qualcomm generic new gl and vulkan can't compat with it. The only hope is Razer get revived and update stock rom so we can take it.

==============================================

Current Update:
    Base version (non-plus):

Device:
    1. kernel: upstream update
    2. device: updated HAL
    3. device: reconstructed RazerParts(bring back resolution switch)
    Upstream:
    1. November security patch
    2. Play integrity fix
    Plus version:
    Dirty flash in rec to manually switch to Plus, but backup data in case for any accident!!!
    Everything above included, and:
    1. - N/A

History Updates (non-plus):
    2022.9.16 - First release
    1. Introduce Android 13

2022.11.13/15 - First Official build
    Device:
    1. kernel: merge 4.9.333
    2. device: BSG GCam update to 8.6.263_A11_V10
    3. device: fix boot for too long
    4. device: fix unexpected lagging and power consumption
    5. device: fix IMS
    Upstream:
    2. Initial Android 13 Stable release
    3. Face Unlock is back
    4. Updated translations
    5. Other minor issues have been fixed
    Device:
    1. kernel: merge 4.9.337
    2. device: BSG GCam update to 8.7.250_A11_V4
    3. device: fix screen refresh rate switch
    4. device: removed Apeture(LineageOS Camera)
    Upstream:
    1. January and December (2022) security patch
    2. Google Apps updated
    3. Fixed battery drain and lag spike caused by Pixel Launcher (Need to uninstall previous updates of Android System Intelligence or do a clean flash if the issue persists)
    Device:
    1. kernel: merge last android kernel side security patch
    2. device: BSG GCam update to 8.7.250_A11_V9
    3. device: fix Verizon RTT
    4. device: optimized battery life
    Upstream:
    1. Feburary security patch
    2023.3.24/5
    Device:
    1. device: BSG GCam update to 8.7.250_A11_V14
    Device:
    1. device: enable sdcard/usbotg support in recovery
    2. device: use armv8-2a and full kryo385 optimization(Better in every aspect like performance, battery)
    3. device: pin correct SystemUI package in RAM to improve system speed
    Upstream:
    1. Fixed something bad in QPR2(0324/5, below is copied from last)
    2. Android 13 Quarterly Platform Release 2 (QPR2 - lots of new ui/behavior changes)
    3. Enabled multi user switcher on lock screen for large screen device(>600dp)
    4. Source rebased with March security patch
    5. Updated GApps
    6. Updated translations
    7. Minor fixes
    Device:
    1. device: separate notification and ringtone volumes
    2. device: fixed usb detection on Windows
    3. device: update MGC Gcam to 8.7.250_A11_V15
    4. device: RazerParts: add volume panel trigger in QS
    5. device: RazerParts: add my battery manage system (Settings -> Battery -> Battery Management System)
      - Step charger / thermal charger switch
      - Mode: limit battery around 40-60%
      - Mode: limit battery around 80%
    Upstream:
    1. April security patch
    2. Updated translations
    3. Optimizations on battery usage of Pixel Launcher
    4. Minor issues fixed
    Device:
    1. - N/A
    Upstream:
    1. May security patch
    2. Updated translations
    3. Updated Google Apps
    4. Minor issues fixed
    Device:
    1. device: allow WPA2/WPA3, WPA3 hotspot(requires new device(the client) to support these high security method, use WPA2 or WPA2/WPA3 mode as default for normal use please)
    2. device: remove the built-in gcam which adds 400M to the ROM package, download it by yourself
    3. device: source build gps HAL
    Upstream:
    1. July security patch(Already an update of QPR3 June)
    2. Source rebased
    3. Updated gapps and translations
    4. Performance and under the hood improvements
    Device:
    1. device: add back Aperture camera
    Upstream:
    1. August Security Patch
    2. Pixel Launcher/ASI drain fixes
    3. Gapps Updated
    4. Minor fixes and improvement
    Device:
    1. - N/A
    Upstream:
    1. Still August patch
    2. Fix SystemUI HAL exception
    3. Updated translations
    4. Minor fix & minor upstream update
    Device:
    1. - N/A
    Upstream:
    1. September security patch
    Device:
    1. device: updated RazerParts to Android 12+ style
    2. device: updated Dolby App to Android 12+ style
    Upstream:
    1. - N/A
    Device:
    1. kernel: upstream update
    2. device: updated HAL
    3. device: reconstructed RazerParts(bring back resolution switch)
    Upstream:
    2. Play integrity fix

History Plus Updates:
    2022.11.13/15 - First Official build
    1. - N/A
    1. - N/A
    1. - N/A
    2023.3.24/5
    1. - N/A
    1. - N/A
    1. - N/A
    1. - N/A
    1. - N/A
    1. - N/A
    1. - N/A
    1. - N/A
    1. - N/A
    1. - N/A
    Feb updated, check #2 for changelog
    how soon until the fix? battery drain is relatively high
    is perfectly legit understand the developer, this work is not payed .

i wait for this to, just be patience, if not we need to learn how to develop changes ...(i ask if somebody need help for this, before XD )