[DISCONTINUED][ROM][13][surya][UNOFFICIAL] Evolution-X [21/11/2022]

Search This thread

4S4D_4SS4SSiN

Jun 10, 2014
Islamabad
Still looking for a good camera app. If anyone got a decently working GCam version, please tell.

Other than that, was facing camera+storage issues while flashing from PixelOS (A12). Formatted data from TWRP, and the problem was solved.

One bug I noticed. Apps installing from Playstore dont show accurate progress bars.

Solid ROM. Performs well.

Edit: Another small bug - Music notification sometimes shows previously playing song's art.
+Edit: Ok bugs are now showing. Volume is not adjusted while screen is off. When u turn it on, then the change is applied. Very annoying.
++Edit: Sometimes pressing the lock button doesnt lock the phone. Pressing it again does the job. Pocket touches cus of this are annoying.
+++Edit: Mark as read doesnt work for chats. Hit or miss. Most of the time it doesnt.

Last edited:

SaidJan

Nov 30, 2013
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Wow, the charging speed is amazing.
I used to charge 30% in half an hour. Now, with this rom, it charges 50% in half an hour.
I'm also looking for a camera app compatible with A12 or A13.

HYDRYL

Sep 19, 2022
One thing I noticed after a while was,video recording had no sound,no matter which camera I used.I turned off "Hey Google" in Google assistent,and restarted phone.Seemed to help,so far (3 days ago). Edit: didnt help-still lacks sound when videorecording.
Same problem here. Video is without sound from Gcam. It works when I record through WhatsApp or other apps.
What seems to be the problem here? Tried many Gcams, still no audio.

Please let me know when you find a solution for this. I've tried many things & sorts of combinations...doing this for days, but solution.
Please inform me if there's anything you encounter that's helpful.

Great Rom, installed painlessly. Just flashed A11 firmware for Surya with twrp ***_12, cleared cache data etc, did a format, then flashed the Evolution 13 Rom on top of it and then magisk, rebooted and everything was good first try.

Only problem im having is like others mentioned half of my apps aren't working after install for some reason, which is quite annoying... Does anybody have an idea as to why this is happening?

Also, what gcam and settings is recommended, anybody?

c0eg

Sep 24, 2022
I have problem on this rom , whatsapp cam for stories or video call doesn't work just black

greekfragma

Sep 25, 2007
Athens
Xiaomi Mi A1
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
couple of hours with this rom now.

I have clean flashed with

twrp-3.7.0_12-0-surya_26.09​

I can confirm the lack of audio on camera recordings. I used 2 different camera apk's 1 of each gcam and anx. both problem with video audio.

All the other stuff that i wanted, seems to be working perfect for now.
rom is super fast, banking apps, gpay, battery usage is AWESOME.
wifi and carrier signal super steady and maxed out on speeds.

what can i say...i am more than impressed by this rom even on this early stage. the evolution features that you can customize your device is more than complete and will satisfy everyone.

i will be back next days with my observations and report any other bugs i may find.
thanks again guys :)

Reactions: SmartJuwel

Talong ni Zilong

Sep 12, 2022
Is there anyway to automatically hide the status bar when playing games while having a call? It seems like when you are in a call with somebody and try to view something in fullscreen like video or playing games, it wouldn't hide.

khajz

Aug 2, 2019
Dahlin we are waiting for the monthly updatee!! Hopefully you can fix the audio recording problem <3

kepeto

Jul 26, 2006
couple of hours with this rom now.

I have clean flashed with

twrp-3.7.0_12-0-surya_26.09​

I can confirm the lack of audio on camera recordings. I used 2 different camera apk's 1 of each gcam and anx. both problem with video audio.

All the other stuff that i wanted, seems to be working perfect for now.
rom is super fast, banking apps, gpay, battery usage is AWESOME.
wifi and carrier signal super steady and maxed out on speeds.

what can i say...i am more than impressed by this rom even on this early stage. the evolution features that you can customize your device is more than complete and will satisfy everyone.

i will be back next days with my observations and report any other bugs i may find.
thanks again guys :)

try to flash Deluxe Kernel | Android 11-13 By @Ardjlon

in my case (derpfest) it fix gcam recording sound
Code:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/builds-ardjlon/files/surya/kernels/

Last edited:

greekfragma

Sep 25, 2007
Athens
Xiaomi Mi A1
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
try to flash Deluxe Kernel | Android 11-13 By @Ardjlon

in my case (derpfest) it fix gcam recording sound
Code:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/builds-ardjlon/files/surya/kernels/

i want to stay with stock kernel. i do not have good experience with custom kernels, so i will wait for the next build from Evo team. Everything else is perfect for daily driver and my needs.

I'm on Arrowos 12.1 and I love this rom because of its simplicity and most importantly consistency throughout daily use.

Will I be getting a similar treatment with this rom?

Btw, I don't mind the video audio issue.
I moved directly from stock MIUI to this ROM.I don't know the diffference from A12.1 to A13,more than I'm very glad I changed from stock MIUI.If your satisfied with Arrow and everything works as you want,I suggest you to stay on Arrow.If you're like me,curious to test latest,I can really recommend this ROM.Stable enough and few annoying bugs.Just be sure to erase and format Data,to avoid strange behaviour. One of many things I love,is the ability to spoof to get unlimited Google Photos backup.Is that possible on Arrow? Is Videorecording on Arrow with audio?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    [CENTER]
    [URL='http://evolution-x.org'][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/IvlZLyc.png[/IMG][/URL]

[SIZE=5][B][COLOR=#0060FF]Evolution X 7.0 for the Poco X3/NFC [surya/karna][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
    [CODE]/*
    * Your warranty is void. Or valid, probably?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, Evolution X,
    * thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following
    * these directions. YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will LMAO at you.
    */

0KUV8YX.png

Keep Evolving
    Pixel UI, customization, and more, we are Evolution X!

- Team Evolution X -
    @joeyhuab
    @RealAkito
    @
    AnierinB

Reach us on Twitter! @EvolutionXROM

SRQCjQJ.png

Just flash and check "The Evolver". We have tons of features combined together from different ROMs.

CIrL2gb.png

* You tell me

DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

o2G52Ve.png

First Time Install / Clean Flash
    1. Reboot to Recovery
    2. Download the zip for your device
    3. Flash whichever recovery you desire and Flash MIUI 12.5.4
    A11 firmware
    4. Wipe Data/Cache/System
    5. Flash the ROM
    6. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Update / Dirty Flash
    1. Reboot to Recovery
    2. Download the update for your device
    3. Flash the ROM
    4. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Download
    Donate to me! / Official Chat / Device Support

[/CENTER]

XDA: DevDB Information
    Evolution X, ROM for the Poco X3/NFC

Contributors
    lostark13
    Source Code: https://github.com/Evolution-X

ROM OS Version: Android 13
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14.290
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 7.3
    Stable Release Date: 2022-08-24

Created 2022-08-24
    Last Updated 2022-12-27[/CODE]
    21/11/202 Update

-Fixed bootloop issues on surya
    -Fixed native video call
    -Fixed bluetooth audio
    -Kernel upstreamed to latest clo tag
    -MiuiCamera InBuilt
    27/12/2022 Update
    -FBEv2
    -Leica Camera Inbuilt
    -Clean Flash Recommended
    There's no more offical versions. I have been updating the rom in unofficially way on Telegram

Since this appears to be the case, I have edited your thread to reflect the "UNOFFICIAL" status as per your statement.

-Regards: Badger50
    The link to the firmware in the install instructions points not to Surya but to Raphael.
    Besides that, nice to see Evolution X 13 here! Thank you for your work!