[ROM][13][UMI][CMI][OFFICIAL] Evolution X

Search This thread

kg0

Sep 26, 2022
Hello. On Android 12.1 version i had problems with AOD. It was randomly stopping displaying anything but after unlocking phone and turning it back off it was working again. Is this issue still on A13 version? And what about phone's performance comparing to 12.1?

Linuxkek

May 29, 2019
Faceunlock is not working and fingerprint is broken?

Whats about sound and vibration? VoLTE/Wifi Calling broken?

alfaholic

May 12, 2014
Hello everyone, few questions.

I tried this rom on my Mi10, but the fingerprint sensor does not unlock the phone unless the button is pressed previously. From my experience with the Pixel this is not supposed to work like this, also Mi10 fingerprint sensor is available all the time. Is this a bug or it is supposed to work like this?

Also, Mi10 has face unlock, why this rom does not have it?

How close this rom is to a Pixel?

Thanks... :)

DAV31

Nov 24, 2020
Toulouse
Hello everyone, few questions.

I tried this rom on my Mi10, but the fingerprint sensor does not unlock the phone unless the button is pressed previously. From my experience with the Pixel this is not supposed to work like this, also Mi10 fingerprint sensor is available all the time. Is this a bug or it is supposed to work like this?

Also, Mi10 has face unlock, why this rom does not have it?

How close this rom is to a Pixel?

Thanks... :)
Hello, I follow up on your post, I will try to answer your questions. Regarding FIGERPRINT, it is perfectly functional, are you using the correct recovery? Regarding the FACEUNLOCK it will be offered during an update. much like the previous releases. good for you

Reactions: alfaholic

alfaholic

May 12, 2014
Hello, I follow up on your post, I will try to answer your questions. Regarding FIGERPRINT, it is perfectly functional, are you using the correct recovery? Regarding the FACEUNLOCK it will be offered during an update. much like the previous releases. good for you
Thanks. I use the latest recovery from yarpiin or skkk found here:

Both works well AFAIK, maybe there is some other that I should use.

One question about the TWRP, I am on a stock rooted firmware, and after creating the full backup and playing a little bit with the Elemental X I was not able to restore it successfully.
The restore process finishes successfully, however the phone enters the boot loop into TWRP every time I do a restore.

Is this because of the encryption? This never happened before on my other phones, what to do to be able to restore the backup normally?

Last edited:

DAV31

Nov 24, 2020
Toulouse
Thanks. I use the latest recovery from yarpiin or skkk found here:

Both works well AFAIK, maybe there is some other that I should use.

One question about the TWRP, I am on a stock rooted firmware, and after creating the full backup and playing a little bit with the Elemental X I was not able to restore it successfully.
The restore process finishes successfully, however the phone enters the boot loop into TWRP every time I do a restore.

Is this because of the encryption? This never happened before on my other phones, what to do to be able to restore the backup normally?
hello,
This is not the right recovery

Voici le lien : https://github.com/yarpiin/twrp_device_xiaomi_umi

Enjoy :)

alfaholic

May 12, 2014
Just installed the rom, everything works fine except the fingerprint reader. As I experienced previously, it unlocks ever 6th time, and after the phone is left for a few minutes alone it does not unlock it but needs the button to be pressed.

Any fix for this?

Last edited:

DAV31

Nov 24, 2020
Toulouse
Just installed the rom, everything works fine except the fingerprint reader. As I experienced previously, it unlocks ever 6th time, and after the phone is left for a few minutes alone it does not unlock it but needs the button to be pressed.

Any fix for this?

Hmm, that's a very good question to which I don't have an answer... I don't feel like I'm reproducing your problem on my phone... It bothers me for you...

alfaholic

May 12, 2014
Hmm, that's a very good question to which I don't have an answer... I don't feel like I'm reproducing your problem on my phone... It bothers me for you...
Thanks. It is very interesting, as I hear often how Pixel 6 fingerprint is awful, but in the same time One Plus uses the same sensor and that one is often praised for its precision and speed.
The sensor on Mi10 is not perfect nor fastest, but very reliable and moderately fast, however with Elemental X it transforms into something not usable at all.

When holding my finger from a black screen with the AOD it turns on the screen, but never unlocks. Then if I press the finger again against the reader it unlocks 50% of the time. Also when registering my fingers every third reading is not recognised, very slow and unresponsive.
Basically from a black screen it never unlocks. to me this makes the phone unusable, pressing buttons to unlock the phone in 2022 is too much for me personally. :)

Other than that the ROM feels OK, it stutters from time to time, but nothing too serious. Also Xiaomi haptics are much better for some reason, more detailed and informative.

Reactions: DAV31

DAV31

Nov 24, 2020
Toulouse
Thanks. It is very interesting, as I hear often how Pixel 6 fingerprint is awful, but in the same time One Plus uses the same sensor and that one is often praised for its precision and speed.
The sensor on Mi10 is not perfect nor fastest, but very reliable and moderately fast, however with Elemental X it transforms into something not usable at all.

When holding my finger from a black screen with the AOD it turns on the screen, but never unlocks. Then if I press the finger again against the reader it unlocks 50% of the time. Also when registering my fingers every third reading is not recognised, very slow and unresponsive.
Basically from a black screen it never unlocks. to me this makes the phone unusable, pressing buttons to unlock the phone in 2022 is too much for me personally. :)

Other than that the ROM feels OK, it stutters from time to time, but nothing too serious. Also Xiaomi haptics are much better for some reason, more detailed and informative.
Hello, on my side I checked the pocket detection options and another which allows the phone to come out of the black screen then easier for the fingerprint. I really like this personal ROM, it's far from perfect, but the DEVs do a huge job, I think. Of course, that's just my opinion :) In terms of options, it's really top-level, it reminds me of the VIPER team.

Reactions: yarpiin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

u91t7Lv.png

Evolution X 7.x.x for the Xiaomi Mi10 [UMI] and MI 10 Pro [CMI]

/*
    * Your warranty is void. Or vaild, probably?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, Ebolation X,
    * thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following
    * these directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and if
    * you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will LMAO at you.
    */

6kaqOxu.png

Keep Evolving
    Pixel UI, customization and more, we are Evolution X!

- Team Evolution X -
    @joeyhuab
    @peaktogoo (Now RealAkito)

Reach us on Twitter! @EvolutionXROM

wjBJ2Hk.png

Just flash and check "The Evolver"

sxs3pbW.png

DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

VvzRh0K.png

First Time Install / Clean Flash
    1. Reboot to Recovery
    2. Download the proper ZIP for your device
    3. Flash the ROM
    4. Wipe data
    6. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Update / Dirty Flash
    1. Reboot to Recovery
    2. Download the proper ZIP for your device
    3. Flash the ROM
    4. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Light Screenshots / Dark Screenshots / Download
    Donate to me! / Official Chat / Device Support

S2t0kJ9.png

Contributors
    yarpiin, ChaptSand, manuelbianco
    Source Code: https://github.com/Evolution-X
    ROM OS Version: Android 13
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19.157
    ROM Firmware Required: 13.0.8.0[UMI]/13.0.6.0[CMI] MIUI Firmware
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 7.x
    Stable Release Date: 2021-12-10

Created 2021-05-05
    Last Updated 2022-05-02
    Hi all,

New roms are up.
    - changelog in second post and please remember use correct twrp and format data if commin from MIUI or uncrypted rom.

Enjoy
    Hi all new roms are up.

Changelog in second post.

enjoy
    Hi all,

new roms are up.

enjoy

ps. if you facing any issue post it in the way that I can reproduce (describe exactly what you been doing , what app or type of usage , do you have any extra stuff like magisk modules, custom kernel ) and take logs please.