[ROM][13][UNOFFICIAL][STABLE] LineageOS 20

Search This thread

SGA70USER

Dec 3, 2022
Hi! I tested the rom in my SM-A705MN, use Magisk, Safetynet patch, and almost everything works flawless, except an application that uses NFC to recharge a public transport pay card in my country, that was a deal breaker for me and i'm back to stock. The NFC works, i use NFC tools and read the card ID, and another data, but the payment application says that the card can't be readed.

Edit: I'm open to install it again if that helps to debug. Thanks for the Hard work.

Last edited:

TestUserG

Sep 7, 2022
Hi! I tested the rom in my SM-A705MN, use Magisk, Safetynet patch, and almost everything works flawless, except an application that uses NFC to recharge a public transport pay card in my country, that was a deal breaker for me and i'm back to stock. The NFC works, i use NFC tools and read the card ID, and another data, but the payment application says that the card can't be readed.

Edit: I'm open to install it again if that helps to debug. Thanks for the Hard work.
I can reproduce it. I can also not charge my card of public transport neither scan a sensor through librelink app. However, gpay works. What I mean is that NFC works only when used for very short period, but not for longer use like for charging cards or for scanning a sensor which they both need couple of seconds of touch.

Reactions: SGA70USER

SGA70USER

Dec 3, 2022
I hope this information can help

There is the source code of the app:

And this is a fix for a similar problem, same app, different phone:

This is the dump of NXP TagInfo (NFC Tools identify the chip as NXP-Mifare Classic 1k)

** TagInfo scan (version 4.25.5) 2022-12-05 19:12:42 **
Report Type: -- IC INFO ------------------------------

# IC manufacturer:
NXP Semiconductors

# IC type:
MIFARE Plus X (MF1PLUS60)

-- NDEF ------------------------------

# No NDEF data storage populated:

-- EXTRA ------------------------------

# Memory size:
2 kB
* 32 sectors, with 4 blocks per sector
* 128 blocks, with 16 bytes per block

# ATS historical bytes details:
NXP IC information coding
Chip type: MIFARE Plus
Memory size: Unspecified
Chip version: Released
Chip generation: Unspecified
Virtual Card Selection capability:
* VCS, VCSL and SVC supported
* All Security Levels supported

# TagInfo Version:
Version :4.25.5

# Device Info:
Device Model :google ( SM-A705MN )
Android OS Version :13

-- FULL SCAN ------------------------------

# Technologies supported:
ISO/IEC 14443-4 (Type A) compatible
ISO/IEC 14443-3 (Type A) compatible
ISO/IEC 14443-2 (Type A) compatible

# Android technology information:
Tag description:
* TAG: Tech [android.nfc.tech.NfcA]
* Maximum transceive length: 253 bytes
* Default maximum transceive time-out: 618 ms

# Detailed protocol information:
ID: 4F:67:EB:52
* Non-unique ID
ATQA: 0x0400
SAK: 0x08
ATS: 0x0C75778002C1052F2F01BCD6
* Max. accepted frame size: 64 bytes (FSCI: 5)
* Supported receive rates:
- 106, 212, 424, 848 kbit/s (DR: 1, 2, 4, 8)
* Supported send rates:
- 106, 212, 424, 848 kbit/s (DS: 1, 2, 4, 8)
* Different send and receive rates supported
* SFGT: 302.0 us (SFGI: 0)
* FWT: 77.33 ms (FWI: 8)
* NAD not supported
* CID supported
* Historical bytes: 0xC1052F2F01BCD6 |..//...|

--------------------------------------

Note the section

# Android technology information:
Tag description:
* TAG: Tech [android.nfc.tech.NfcA]
* Maximum transceive length: 253 bytes
* Default maximum transceive time-out: 618 ms

rttxda

PSA: If you reboot your device often, please back up your data since it was just discovered that there is a very slim chance of a data wipe after a reboot for yet unknown reasons, which is difficult to troubleshoot.

This could happen next reboot, in a week, or never, depending on your luck.

19.1 is confirmed working so I recommend jumping to that.
I'll update the first post with this info.

Last edited:

iflow_jd

Dec 15, 2022
PSA: If you reboot your device often, please back up your data since it was just discovered that there is a very slim chance of a data wipe after a reboot for yet unknown reasons, which is difficult to troubleshoot.

This could happen next reboot, in a week, or never, depending on your luck. This has never been reported on 19.1 so if you want to feel safer, jump to that.
I'll update the first post with this info.
With what I have tested from the rom in my sm-a705mn, the cause of the data reset may be due to pressing the volume buttons + - and the power button at the same time and it restarts and then does a kind of factory reset (still don't know why)

Reactions: rttxda

rttxda

It happens randomly after normal restarts too. I'm working on finding the root cause of this issue :)

Edit: Encryption on android 13 is now fully fixed, unfortunately it will require clean flashing but it gets rid of all FS-related issues for good 😄

Last edited:

PREM1Z

Nov 3, 2010
Cool, thanks for the rom really nice work, im waiting to be published! Btw can i flash on the newer firmware or downgrade to DVG3? Because the newest is DVK3

PREM1Z

Nov 3, 2010
Not really care about data loss, all of my files and others in cloud so, and i like challenges 🤓 Little bit knowledge i have in programming maybe i can help, or just testing things.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner-los.jpg

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 13, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

What is working:
    - WiFi
    - DualSIM, including calls on both SIMs
    - Bluetooth
    - NFC
    - Camera
    - Sound
    - GPS
    - Fingerprint scanner
    - Sensors
    - SD cards
    - Double tap to wake
    - Data encryption
    - SELinux enforcing
    - OTA updates
    - Signature spoofing: microG support
    - Most other basic stuff

This port is now considered stable and focus is shifted to making good quality Android 14-based roms.

Known issues:
    - VoLTE ;)

Installation guide:

1. Recommended Samsung firmware version is A705FNXXU5DWB4, but it will work on slightly older versions too.​

Make sure that the bootloader is unlocked.​

--

2. Boot the phone into download mode. Flash Lineage recovery through AP button in Odin.​

Download here.

Note: Use TWRP at your own risk! It does not properly support new A13 roms with the latest changes.
    Use Lineage recovery for the best experience, otherwise don't complain if your phone bootloops.
    --

3. Boot into recovery (Vol+ and Power while USB is plugged into PC)​

Note: Samsung's OneUI wipes the custom recovery partition and possibly vbmeta while booting so try not to reboot into Android.
    --

4. Format data and system in the recovery​

--

5. Flash the rom in "Apply update" menu.​

There are 2 ways to install:
    • On the phone: Copy the zip to a FAT32-formatted microSD card and install it in recovery.
    • With a PC: Use for example Minimal ADB on Windows. Open "cmd-here" and type
      Code:
      adb sideload <rom-file>
      where <rom-file> is the filename (drag-and-drop the zip file into cmd window).
    --

6. (Optional) Flash add-ons such as Google apps or Magisk in the same way that you flashed the rom.​

We now have a working ramdisk so newest Magisk works fine ^^
    --

7. Reboot and enjoy :)

Downloads:

ROM: lineage-20.0-20231209-UNOFFICIAL-a70q.zip

Recovery: lineage-20.0-20230619-recovery-a70q.tar

* Want to test Android 14? See here.

Changelog:

Like my work? Consider donating 😊

Credits:
    * @rttxda @ataberkozen @haky 86
    * @Grarak for the original 17.1 trees
    * @Simon1511 for his help with fixing some nasty bugs
    * All other Lineage devs

Source code
    https://github.com/LineageOS
    https://github.com/rtd1250/android_device_samsung_a70q
    https://github.com/rtd1250/android_kernel_samsung_sm6150
    https://github.com/rtd1250/proprietary_vendor_samsung_a70q

Other info
    OS version: Android 13
    Linux version: 4.14.190
    Recommended firmware: A705FNXXU5DWB4
    Build date: 09.12.2023
    Any chance of the fingerprint changes from PE coming to this rom?
    August update is now available, fixing the occasional brightness changes when unlocking the phone. It should start showing up in the updater app in Settings.
    all good on the a70 (sm-a705mn) for now🙂
    thanks for the rom
    Thanks, due to needing Volte for calls and texts, now that 3g is shut down, looks like im stuck using stock. ☹️
    Apart from that, only thing you could do is use OneUI mods.. volte might happen one day if someone takes the time to reverse engineer it but so far we're out of luck. This is a problem on every samsung device on AOSP, and with other makes, YMMV.