[ROM][13][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 20 - microG [OnePlus Nord/avicii]

Search This thread

MajorP93

Jan 31, 2015
That's why I asked for a ROUGH ETA. i'e. It's months away or it's getting there. Something along those lines.
There is still some work to do.
Can not give you more precise information.
You should realize the following: in the custom ROM scene all development work is done as a hobby in our free time by people that have a normal job, families and real life.
Sometimes things happen in real life which cause us to do be not able to develop for some weeks.
This is the reason why as a rule of thumb you should never ask for ETAs in the custom ROM scene.
It is somewhat considered rude.

Reactions: NetSoerfer

NetSoerfer

Sep 29, 2009
Dortmund
OnePlus Nord
You should realize the following: in the custom ROM scene all development work is done as a hobby in our free time by people that have a normal job, families and real life.
Sometimes things happen in real life which cause us to do be not able to develop for some weeks.
This is the reason why as a rule of thumb you should never ask for ETAs in the custom ROM scene.
That was quite a patient and helpful explanation. I've been tempted to ask too, as I've somewhat messed up the previous install and I don't want to reinstall only to find the official ROM to be released the next day.

Reading this - why it takes not only a lot of time, but sometimes gets interrupted by things everyone can relate to - makes it easier to remember why you can't in good conscience give ETAs.

Good post, thanks.

Reactions: MajorP93

mythos_

May 27, 2012
All I asked for was a reply in the style "it's a week away" or "it needs months". Didn't ask for a specific date. Being a developer myself I know all about unexpected conflicts of schedule. From our point of view there's no way of knowing what's going on.

Reactions: Doc Sniper

ilmich

Feb 8, 2016
Rome
Hi @MajorP93, I hope everything is fine
As a volunteer on other projects I say that not asking for ETA is a rule for projects run by volunteers.
But it's also a rule not to ask for money if you can't answer ETA, or you can't show some progress/alpha/beta/empty github project

edit: giving some periodic feedback would be useful, even just to say, I'm busy etc etc etc

cheers
Michele

Last edited:

MajorP93

Jan 31, 2015
Hi @MajorP93, I hope everything is fine
As a volunteer on other projects I say that not asking for ETA is a rule for projects run by volunteers.
But it's also a rule not to ask for money if you can't answer ETA, or you can't show some progress/alpha/beta/empty github project

edit: giving some periodic feedback would be useful, even just to say, I'm busy etc etc etc

cheers
Michele
Hi.
I disagree with that statement.
In our crowdfunding announcement we never promised that we will give out ETA.
We were asking for donations.
People who contributed did it completely voluntarily.
If we would "charge" money for this project, it would be a completely different story as we would "owe" the customer something.
This is not the case here since it is still a free project which is run by hobbyist developers in their free time.
There is a huge difference between performing a completely voluntary donation and paying for a product.

Us devs have been kinda busy with real life in the last month.
That being said there has been quite a good amount of progress on the new code base.
There is still a lot of work to do. Lot's of testing will be needed aswell after the new code base is ready to get compiled.
Those are the reasons why we do not provide ETA. It is hard to estimate.

I am planning to get back to working on it soon.

Reactions: msnnsm and zoitrok

MajorP93

Jan 31, 2015
UPDATE 2022-11-08

Changelog:

Both versions:

- Android security patch october 2022
- Include latest LineageOS source code changes

microG version:
- Update FDroid to v1.15.3
- Update microG GmsCore to v0.2.25.223616 --> view changelog
- Fix microG crash during sign-in when SafetyNet is disabled
- Fix GmsCore required libraries

Download links to the new versions have been added to the original post.

If you like our work and want to support us you can tip us a beer by donating to one (or both) of our PayPal accounts:

Keertesh19: https://paypal.me/keertesh83

MajorP93: https://paypal.me/MajorP93

mythos_

May 27, 2012
Us devs have been kinda busy with real life in the last month.
That being said there has been quite a good amount of progress on the new code base.
There is still a lot of work to do. Lot's of testing will be needed aswell after the new code base is ready to get compiled.
Those are the reasons why we do not provide ETA. It is hard to estimate.

I am planning to get back to working on it soon.
This is basically the information I asked for in my original message. Don't want to call it ETA? Call it a progress update. It's useful to get something like this once in a while.

MajorP93

Jan 31, 2015
This is basically the information I asked for in my original message. Don't want to call it ETA? Call it a progress update. It's useful to get something like this once in a while.
ETA is an abbreviation for estimated time of arrival: the time you expect something to arrive.
In my eyes you were clearly requesting a statement on how much time it will take to finish.
Something I can not answer due to reasons I explained multiple times.

If you would have asked for a progress update it would have been a completely different conversation.

Reactions: msnnsm and zoitrok

mythos_

May 27, 2012
ETA is an abbreviation for estimated time of arrival: the time you expect something to arrive.
In my eyes you were clearly requesting a statement on how much time it will take to finish.
Something I can not answer due to reasons I explained multiple times.

If you would have asked for a progress update it would have been a completely different conversation.
More accurately I asked for a ROUGH ETA (and thank you I know very well what it means). I posted several messages clarifying what I wanted which was misunderstood.

sosenbinder

Nov 10, 2022
First of all: Thank you for your continous effort for providing this rom. That's awesome!

Now to my problem: I am still getting a continous error: Intend Filter Verification Service has stopped working.
Does anyone have the same symptom?

Regards

MajorP93

Jan 31, 2015
First of all: Thank you for your continous effort for providing this rom. That's awesome!

Now to my problem: I am still getting a continous error: Intend Filter Verification Service has stopped working.
Does anyone have the same symptom?

Regards
What version are you using?
This problem was already fixed a few months ago.
I suspect you are not using the latest release?

ilmich

Feb 8, 2016
Rome
@MajorP93 donations are donations.. opinions are opinions.. facts are facts...
your post are a year old... upstreaming to lineageos?! I never seen a gerrit commit.
You can ask for money for everything (beers.. covers.. phones).. and finish this project in the 2030, but trust is a thing than no one can sell and no one can buy...

I will be happy to change my opinion and install your official lineageos in my oneplus nord soon.

cheers

gllark

Mar 1, 2015
Munich
OnePlus Nord
Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro
@MajorP93 donations are donations.. opinions are opinions.. facts are facts...
your post are a year old... upstreaming to lineageos?! I never seen a gerrit commit.
You can ask for money for everything (beers.. covers.. phones).. and finish this project in the 2030, but trust is a thing than no one can sell and no one can buy...

I will be happy to change my opinion and install your official lineageos in my oneplus nord soon.

cheers
People like you are discouraging devs. If you don´t want to wait flash another ROM or sell your phone. Your decision.

ilmich

Feb 8, 2016
Rome
I've stopped waiting. what I don't like is how @MajorP93 answer sometimes. It's ok to keep the right time for things, but peoples help him to buy another phone to develop better. so I think there is nothing strange to ask for eta. what I suggests is to use a better approach IMHO

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    los-microg-logo.jpg

You care a lot about privacy and security? You want an up to date LineageOS build that will not hold you back in regards of user experience?
    Then LineageOS 20 microG edition is right for you! (Non-microG vanilla LineageOS version also available).​
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 13, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    Boots
    RIL
    Fingerprint
    Wi-Fi
    Bluetooth
    Camera
    Audio
    Sensors
    Flash
    GPS
    Alert Slider
    NFC
    DT2W

Known issues :
    -

Versions :
    There are 2 versions available:
    -LineageOS 20 with microG (includes microG, FDroid and AuroraStore)
    -LineageOS 20 vanilla (no Gapps / nothing added)

In order to prevent problems please use the recovery image included in this release!

Instructions :

-Download the ROM and recovery image
    -Boot into bootloader: adb reboot bootloader
    -Boot the recovery image: fastboot boot recovery.img
    -Format data / do a factory reset in recovery
    -Go to Apply update and choose Apply from ADB
    -Sideload the rom: adb sideload rom.zip

Please note:
    in order to enable push notifications open up microG services core,
    set up your Google account and enable device registration & cloud messaging.

Downloads :
    -Recovery image: *Link*
    -LineageOS 20 with microG included: *Link*
    -LineageOS 20 vanilla (no Gapps included): *Link*

Android OS version: 13
    Build author/ROM Maintainer: @MajorP93, @KakatkarAkshay
    Kernel Source: *Link*
    Device Tree: *Link*

Based on: LineageOS
    Current Stable Version: 20
    Stable Release Date: Updated monthly
    Created: 2023-01-22
    Last Updated: 2023-02-20
    Telegram Group: *Link*

Special Thanks:
    - to the LineageOS and microG team
    - @KakatkarAkshay for putting in awesome work towards bringing up OOS12 firmware based trees.​

HOW TO GET GAPPS IN THE VANILLA VERSION OF THIS ROM:
    Reference: *Link*

Follow these steps:
    -Download Gapps from here: *Link* (MindTheGapps-13.0.0-arm64)
    -Boot into bootloader: adb reboot bootloader
    -Boot the recovery image: fastboot boot recovery.img
    -Format data / do a factory reset in recovery
    -Go to Apply update and choose Apply from ADB
    -Sideload the vanilla version of the rom: adb sideload rom.zip
    -Reboot into recovery: click advanced --> reboot to recovery (!important do not start LineageOS yet)
    -Go to Apply update again and choose Apply from ADB
    -Sideload the Gapps package you just downloaded: adb sideload gapps.zip, when prompted select "install anyway" after the "signature verification" message.

UPDATING THE ROM:

Unless I say the opposite in the update announcement, this ROM can be updated using the dirty flash method.

In order to do so, follow these steps:
    -Download the new version of the ROM you are using (microG/vanilla)
    -Reboot into recovery: adb reboot recovery
    -DO NOT CLICK ON FACTORY RESET / WIPE DATA
    -Flash the Zip-File of the new ROM: adb sideload rom.zip

Important: if you are using the vanilla version of the ROM,
    you have to re-flash Gapps after updating and before starting LineageOS:
    -Reboot into recovery: click advanced --> reboot to recovery
    -Go to Apply update again and choose Apply from ADB
    -Download Gapps from the link above
    -Sideload the Gapps package you just downloaded: adb sideload gapps.zip, when prompted select "install anyway" after the "signature verification" message.
    UPDATE 2021-09-29

Changelog:

Both versions:

- Switched to source built kernel
    - General performance and stability improvements
    - Fixed NFC in source built kernel
    - Fixed DT2W
    - Updated FOD behavior
    - Fixed FOD unlock from AOD screen
    - Added support for NXP secure element
    - Updated display profile behavior
    - Improved touch gestures

For update instructions please refer to the second post of this thread.
    We reached our crowdfunding goal of 300€!
    I just purchased a used Nord device.
    @Keertesh is currently working on finding the best option for purchasing his second Nord device.

Thanks a lot to everyone who donated! We are a great community!
    We already started working on the scratch bringup.
    UPDATE 2023-01-22

New major release LineageOS 20.0

Changelog:

Both versions:
    - Initial release
    - Android 13

Please note:
    While upgrading from our latest LineageOS 19.1 release to this LineageOS 20.0 release using the dirty flash method worked in our tests it is strongly recommended to backup your important data before doing so.
    If possible do a clean flash instead as it can prevent issues when upgrading to a new major release / new version of Android.

If you like our work and want to support us you can tip us a beer by donating to one (or both) of our PayPal accounts:

Keertesh19: https://paypal.me/keertesh83

MajorP93: https://paypal.me/MajorP93