[ROM][13][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 20 - microG [OnePlus Nord/avicii]

Search This thread

ememeh

Jan 14, 2012
OnePlus Nord
Hi, I'm still running a stock rooted OOS 10 (I know... I got really lazy!). It's high time for an OS upgrade, and I'm looking to Lineage as the custom OS of choice. I wanna run it rooted, so I'll need to use Magisk to get SafetyNet working. I will also use vanilla version of LOS. I have a couple questions accordingly:

- Does Magisk play well with this LOS 19.1 build on the Nord?
- Is it still the case that you can't flash Magisk with the recovery included in the OP?
- If so, am I best off extracting the payload file and flashing it otherwise?
- And can I use another custom recovery after installing LOS for backup/restore purposes?

Thanks!

gllark

Mar 1, 2015
Munich
OnePlus Nord
Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro
Hi, I'm still running a stock rooted OOS 10 (I know... I got really lazy!). It's high time for an OS upgrade, and I'm looking to Lineage as the custom OS of choice. I wanna run it rooted, so I'll need to use Magisk to get SafetyNet working. I will also use vanilla version of LOS. I have a couple questions accordingly:

- Does Magisk play well with this LOS 19.1 build on the Nord?
- Is it still the case that you can't flash Magisk with the recovery included in the OP?
- If so, am I best off extracting the payload file and flashing it otherwise?
- And can I use another custom recovery after installing LOS for backup/restore purposes?

Thanks!
Magisk works well with LOS 19.1. It´s a perfect ROM, my daily driver for months now.
I flashed the newest version of LOS and Magisk via the sideload function of Pitchblack recovery without problems. Can recommend this.

Klos54

Nov 13, 2022
Hello,

Thank you for this rom, it's a beautifull work. Do you know how to pass safetynet attestation with LineageOS 19.1 with microG included ? I installed magisk and safetynet fix and I passed the basic integrity but CTS profile match failled, do you know how to pass this please ?

Have a good day !

derx666

Aug 21, 2008
Nice to see there's active development to get Official status again for our Nord phones. I'm starting to get fed up with the stock rom ever since the switch to Android 12, and although I hate wiping my phone and reinstalling it (that's why I gave up on non-stock roms), the state of OOS 12 is so crappy nowadays that I'm willing to put in the work to reinstall everything.
So far I still haven't found a foolproof (yeah I know myself very well 😉) to backup apps and their settings in an easy way, so reinstalling seems to be the way to go.
Thus far what I've read is very promising, as I'm quite depandent on the use of my banking apps (including Google Pay / NFC), Android Auto and good BT support (I've had so many issues with BT in the past when using custom roms).
I can stretch using OOS 12 for a while, but will keep my eyes on the topic to follow the progression. Thx for all the work so far guys.

ememeh

Jan 14, 2012
OnePlus Nord
So far I still haven't found a foolproof (yeah I know myself very well 😉) to backup apps and their settings in an easy way, so reinstalling seems to be the way to go.
Does Titanium no longer work? I've always used that. I haven't updated in a while (I'm on Android 10 still lol), but that's my plan after I flash LOS and Magisk etc.

derx666

Aug 21, 2008
Does Titanium no longer work? I've always used that. I haven't updated in a while (I'm on Android 10 still lol), but that's my plan after I flash LOS and Magisk etc.
Non rooted phone, so I didn't even try it tbh.
As I don't really need root on my phone atm, and I like the experience of getting easy ota updates I didn't bother looking at titanium. If rooting is the only solution then titanium is prob the way to go, but I hoped that something after all these years something easy would've popped up that didn't need root.

MKKLR21

Aug 8, 2013
You won't be able to do a backup without root. I just moved from Redmi Note 4 (Lineage 18) to 1+ Nord (Lineage 19.1) and transferred all my apps (including data) with Swift Backup. Backed up on old phone, moved account folder of Swift Backup to new phone and restored all my apps.

ememeh

Jan 14, 2012
OnePlus Nord
Non rooted phone, so I didn't even try it tbh.
As I don't really need root on my phone atm, and I like the experience of getting easy ota updates I didn't bother looking at titanium. If rooting is the only solution then titanium is prob the way to go, but I hoped that something after all these years something easy would've popped up that didn't need root.
Ah non rooted, yeah I hear you. I recall an app that some used to use that didn't require root – think it was called Helium, but no idea if still active.

I've just discovered an open source app that looks decent (root required), Neo Backup, available on F-droid and Github (formerly called OAndBackupx). Nicer interface than Titanium, which I know used to have issue with split apks (dunno if still does), while Neo reportedly has no such issues. The filtering options are still the best on Titanium though.

You won't be able to do a backup without root. I just moved from Redmi Note 4 (Lineage 18) to 1+ Nord (Lineage 19.1) and transferred all my apps (including data) with Swift Backup. Backed up on old phone, moved account folder of Swift Backup to new phone and restored all my apps.
Do you (/anyone else) have any idea the best way to do a whole device backup in a recovery (i.e. Nandroid) these days? It's the main thing putting me off flashing a new ROM. The top post in the thread with custom TWRP here still lists backup as non functioning. Any of the other custom recoveries do this?

gllark

Mar 1, 2015
Munich
OnePlus Nord
Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro
Ah non rooted, yeah I hear you. I recall an app that some used to use that didn't require root – think it was called Helium, but no idea if still active.

I've just discovered an open source app that looks decent (root required), Neo Backup, available on F-droid and Github (formerly called OAndBackupx). Nicer interface than Titanium, which I know used to have issue with split apks (dunno if still does), while Neo reportedly has no such issues. The filtering options are still the best on Titanium though.

Do you (/anyone else) have any idea the best way to do a whole device backup in a recovery (i.e. Nandroid) these days? It's the main thing putting me off flashing a new ROM. The top post in the thread with custom TWRP here still lists backup as non functioning. Any of the other custom recoveries do this?
If you are rooted you can also use SwiftBackup, available on Playstore. It does its job nicely. Sorry, overlooked that someone already recommended it.

Reactions: ememeh

Decaf446

Dec 2, 2022
Hi @MajorP93 I was wondering if support will be extended to LOS20 for the Nord device, or you don't have any plans towards that. Thanks in advance for your answer

Reactions: S1ngl3-x

ememeh

Jan 14, 2012
OnePlus Nord
I finally flashed this ROM (vanilla, with Magisk) and I'm loving it. So much smoother, and I'm even giving gesture navigation a go this time (previously I used a combination of navbar and LMT, which I honestly do still miss).

I only have one problem right now though, and that's my fingerprint scanner being very temperamental. It seems to be worst with my right thumb (i.e. the main fingerprint I need haha!).

I've searched the thread but can't see quite the same issue – it isn't that it becomes unresponsive or fails to work for certain apps. It's that even after registering it anew, trying it out several times, it still only works for some fingers about 30% of the time. I can't work out what I'm doing wrong.

Anto426

Jul 13, 2021
Huawei P10 Lite
OnePlus Nord
Alla fine ho flashato questa ROM (vanilla, con Magisk) e la adoro. Molto più fluido, e questa volta sto anche provando la navigazione gestuale (in precedenza usavo una combinazione di barra di navigazione e LMT, che onestamente mi manca ancora).

Ho solo un problema in questo momento, e questo è il mio scanner di impronte digitali che è molto capriccioso. Sembra essere peggiore con il mio pollice destro (cioè l'impronta digitale principale di cui ho bisogno ahah!).

Ho cercato nel thread ma non riesco a vedere lo stesso problema: non è che non risponde o non funziona per determinate app. È che anche dopo averlo registrato di nuovo, provandolo più volte, funziona ancora solo per alcune dita circa il 30% delle volte. Non riesco a capire cosa sto facendo male.
Se hai magisk potrebbe essere la correzione safetynet , prova questo https://github.com/Displax/safetynet-fix/releases/tag/v2.3.1-MOD_2.0

Reactions: ememeh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    los-microg-logo.jpg

You care a lot about privacy and security? You want an up to date LineageOS build that will not hold you back in regards of user experience?
    Then LineageOS 20 microG edition is right for you! (Non-microG vanilla LineageOS version also available).​
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 13, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    Boots
    RIL
    Fingerprint
    Wi-Fi
    Bluetooth
    Camera
    Audio
    Sensors
    Flash
    GPS
    Alert Slider
    NFC
    DT2W

Known issues :
    -

Versions :
    There are 2 versions available:
    -LineageOS 20 with microG (includes microG, FDroid and AuroraStore)
    -LineageOS 20 vanilla (no Gapps / nothing added)

In order to prevent problems please use the recovery image included in this release!

Instructions :

-Download the ROM and recovery image
    -Boot into bootloader: adb reboot bootloader
    -Boot the recovery image: fastboot boot recovery.img
    -Format data / do a factory reset in recovery
    -Go to Apply update and choose Apply from ADB
    -Sideload the rom: adb sideload rom.zip

Please note:
    in order to enable push notifications open up microG services core,
    set up your Google account and enable device registration & cloud messaging.

Downloads :
    -Recovery image: *Link*
    -LineageOS 20 with microG included: *Link*
    -LineageOS 20 vanilla (no Gapps included): *Link*

Android OS version: 13
    Build author/ROM Maintainer: @MajorP93, @KakatkarAkshay
    Kernel Source: *Link*
    Device Tree: *Link*

Based on: LineageOS
    Current Stable Version: 20
    Stable Release Date: Updated monthly
    Created: 2023-01-22
    Last Updated: 2023-02-20
    Telegram Group: *Link*

Special Thanks:
    - to the LineageOS and microG team
    - @KakatkarAkshay for putting in awesome work towards bringing up OOS12 firmware based trees.​

HOW TO GET GAPPS IN THE VANILLA VERSION OF THIS ROM:
    Reference: *Link*

Follow these steps:
    -Download Gapps from here: *Link* (MindTheGapps-13.0.0-arm64)
    -Boot into bootloader: adb reboot bootloader
    -Boot the recovery image: fastboot boot recovery.img
    -Format data / do a factory reset in recovery
    -Go to Apply update and choose Apply from ADB
    -Sideload the vanilla version of the rom: adb sideload rom.zip
    -Reboot into recovery: click advanced --> reboot to recovery (!important do not start LineageOS yet)
    -Go to Apply update again and choose Apply from ADB
    -Sideload the Gapps package you just downloaded: adb sideload gapps.zip, when prompted select "install anyway" after the "signature verification" message.

UPDATING THE ROM:

Unless I say the opposite in the update announcement, this ROM can be updated using the dirty flash method.

In order to do so, follow these steps:
    -Download the new version of the ROM you are using (microG/vanilla)
    -Reboot into recovery: adb reboot recovery
    -DO NOT CLICK ON FACTORY RESET / WIPE DATA
    -Flash the Zip-File of the new ROM: adb sideload rom.zip

Important: if you are using the vanilla version of the ROM,
    you have to re-flash Gapps after updating and before starting LineageOS:
    -Reboot into recovery: click advanced --> reboot to recovery
    -Go to Apply update again and choose Apply from ADB
    -Download Gapps from the link above
    -Sideload the Gapps package you just downloaded: adb sideload gapps.zip, when prompted select "install anyway" after the "signature verification" message.
    UPDATE 2021-09-29

Changelog:

Both versions:

- Switched to source built kernel
    - General performance and stability improvements
    - Fixed NFC in source built kernel
    - Fixed DT2W
    - Updated FOD behavior
    - Fixed FOD unlock from AOD screen
    - Added support for NXP secure element
    - Updated display profile behavior
    - Improved touch gestures

Download links to the new versions have been added to the original post.

For update instructions please refer to the second post of this thread.
    We reached our crowdfunding goal of 300€!
    I just purchased a used Nord device.
    @Keertesh is currently working on finding the best option for purchasing his second Nord device.

Thanks a lot to everyone who donated! We are a great community!
    We already started working on the scratch bringup.
    UPDATE 2023-01-22

New major release LineageOS 20.0

Changelog:

Both versions:
    - Initial release
    - Android 13

Download links to the new versions have been added to the original post.

Please note:
    While upgrading from our latest LineageOS 19.1 release to this LineageOS 20.0 release using the dirty flash method worked in our tests it is strongly recommended to backup your important data before doing so.
    If possible do a clean flash instead as it can prevent issues when upgrading to a new major release / new version of Android.

If you like our work and want to support us you can tip us a beer by donating to one (or both) of our PayPal accounts:

Keertesh19: https://paypal.me/keertesh83

MajorP93: https://paypal.me/MajorP93