Development [ROM][13][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 20 [mojito/sunny]

Search This thread

Markoz88

Nov 5, 2014
Cesenatico
Hi everyone. Sorry for the noob question, I used to install custom ROMs 5-6 years ago, now I see it's a little different (A/B partitions, vbmeta,...).
I'm on the last miui official ROM available, redmi note 10 of course.
Can I ask if the correct procedure is:
Unlock bootloader
Boot to system
Reboot to bootloader
"fastboot flash boot recovery.img"
"fastboot reboot recovery"
And then format data and wipe everything and install permanent recovery and custom ROM.
Correct?

Last edited:

Zirila

Jul 31, 2015
yey, a new build :)

I didn't know that LOS v20 is around the corner. until it's usable it will take a while longer I think.. all the 3rd party tools have to work with v20 before I might skip to that version.. and due to clean flash requirements I'll still wait a while until I try anything new.
oh it might be a useful information for every new build if we know that it requires a clean flash or not (compared to last version). Just so we know what we're up to if we want to flash.

alonsoj636

Aug 30, 2020
Santiago , Chile
Redmi Note 10
LOS 20 is pretty stable as far i know from other devices... while everyone is joining the A13 party , i decided to wait for sometime until LOS 20 reach feature/stability with LOS 19

on that time , you'll get security updates for LOS 19 (i hope monthly) ... if there's no objection i'll drop LOS 18 and continue with LOS 19 (and 20 eventually)

oh it might be a useful information for every new build if we know that it requires a clean flash or not
if an update require clean flash will inform about it on bold text... you can update to latest version with no worries

Last edited:

Zirila

Jul 31, 2015
no regret posting new builds.. :)

I started 8am and finished 10pm, in other words, it took me a whole day of dedicated installing and reconfiguring, but now I'm back on track with a clean and fresh build. I just hope the next dozen-or-so builds won't require a clean install again.. ;)

well, let's see now if I got rid of some nasty little small annoyances, like the big-files-transfer-error or the suddenly-battery-not-fully-charging-anymore-bug, or the live-wallpaper-suddenly-crashing-errors. at least some of these errors motivated me now to try from scratch. I also used the occasion to update many of my 3rd party root and system apps, maybe it also helped.

Zirila

Jul 31, 2015
Or maybe to add signature spoofing :D
generally I prefer a clean system image with nothing tinkered around. so everyone can add this and that afterwards.
regarding a general signature spoofing.. in android 11 it was easy to achieve with the haystack-needle patch. there is however no update for an android 12 patch. but someone pointed out it is just a matter of a few lines in source could to get it working for A12, so it might be worth a look or try. see here:

also if you just want signature spoofing for google cloud messaging and the like.. just install fakeGapps in magisk and it's spoofed. much easier for this single purpose.

Reactions: Markoz88

Zirila

Jul 31, 2015
next updates will be security patches only so no clean flash required anymore
or who knows... maybe will try to optimize this rom a little more :D
I hope it's just sec patches for a while, or non-update-breaking optimizations 🙏
whatever comes, if it takes a clean install I'll probably omit for quite a while then.

Markoz88

Nov 5, 2014
Cesenatico
I don't know if it's a bug or not.
Sometimes when I press the fingerprint sensor, the screen doesn't turn on. I have to push 2 times on the screen and it turns on. But the fingerprint works, because when I press 2 times on the screen, the phone doesn't ask me the sequence to unlock the screen.

PTX64

Jan 22, 2022
I hope it's just sec patches for a while, or non-update-breaking optimizations 🙏
whatever comes, if it takes a clean install I'll probably omit for quite a while then.
I've updated the repository ( https://github.com/Fortress64SB/LineageOS-Mojito/releases/tag/Latest ) with the latest versions/software required to pass all Safetynet tests and such with the correct signatures for this device.

Manual is still WIP (https://github.com/Fortress64SB/LineageOS-Mojito/wiki/Guide) , but I will also include a minimal installation in this guide for those who don't have to use problematic apps / Google services. (Magisk or/and Aurorastore only)

Does anyone know any good, but rather horrible apps that use many checks, like root/non-root, Safetynet, push messages, Google account required (firebase junk apps) without having to create an account first? I need them for testing. Maleware, spyware and apps with a lot of adverts are fine too.

alonsoj636

Aug 30, 2020
Santiago , Chile
Redmi Note 10
LineageOS 20.0 Screenshots
(coming very soon)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221030-022219_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20221030-022219_Trebuchet.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 114
  • Screenshot_20221030-022222_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20221030-022222_Trebuchet.png
    202 KB · Views: 92
  • Screenshot_20221030-022231_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20221030-022231_Trebuchet.png
    223.9 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot_20221030-022235_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20221030-022235_Settings.png
    123.9 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot_20221030-022238_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20221030-022238_Settings.png
    144 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot_20221030-022244_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20221030-022244_Settings.png
    108.9 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot_20221030-022246_KProfiles.png
    Screenshot_20221030-022246_KProfiles.png
    77.1 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot_20221030-022254_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20221030-022254_Settings.png
    140.3 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot_20221030-022255_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20221030-022255_Settings.png
    173.9 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot_20221030-022300_Wallpaper & style.png
    Screenshot_20221030-022300_Wallpaper & style.png
    405.3 KB · Views: 81
  • Screenshot_20221030-022312_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20221030-022312_Settings.png
    125.9 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot_20221030-022316_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20221030-022316_Settings.png
    152 KB · Views: 95
  • Screenshot_20221030-022321_Android System.png
    Screenshot_20221030-022321_Android System.png
    983.8 KB · Views: 118

alonsoj636

Aug 30, 2020
Santiago , Chile
Redmi Note 10
01/11/2022
Initial build of LineageOS 20.0 is available (clean flash mandatory!)
Maybe some minor bugs can be there.. 20.0 is not a complete release yet , but is perfectly fine for daily use :)

About 19.1 will probably drop it as well and fully focus on 20.0 since is working fine in my testings.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

helooo, how is dev going? :) current build with wc kernel is great
    helooo, how is dev going? :) current build with wc kernel is great
    waiting for december patch so i can update the ROM :)
    that's nice... i'm planning on switching to westcoast again
    i hope @Anush02198 can keep the good work on it coz it´s a really great kernel.

But for LOS... NPLC variant is recommended
    Thank you @alonsoj636, the build lineage-20.0-20221113-UNOFFICIAL-mojito.zip seems to be running fine.

Let us hope that @Anush02198 will keep this kernel up-to-date and otherwise https://github.com/PixelExperience-Devices/kernel_xiaomi_mojito might be an alternative.

I would like to maintain the kernel, but my time is very limited at the moment, so I understand why you want to drop support for v19 and focus on v20. You are doing pretty decent builds anyway compared to what I've seen since 2010.

I've attached the original kernel config of the official mojito_global_images_V13.0.10.0.SKGMIXM_20220829.0000.00_12.0_global_48bc0a4a3a.tgz here. The official kernel is identified as 4.14.190-perf-g88390ef4216a and it seems the same as the source at https://github.com/MiCode/Xiaomi_Kernel_OpenSource/tree/mojito-r-oss . But I have to decompile the boot.img first to be sure. If there are fixes from Xiaomi, we need them too in our kernel most of the time.

And (@Zirila) Magisk, AFWall, MicroG, LSPosed etc. are working and SafetyNet + MicroG checks have passed.

If someone is conservative about updating, but you can flash v19 in slot A and V20 in slot B. But beware that in some situations the data partition may be borked because of conflicts between the two versions (sort of dirty flash), so make A TWRP / Swift Backup backup first.

You can backup/restore certain android settings of your phone using:
    adb shell settings list system > config-system-orig adb shell settings list secure > config-secure-orig adb shell settings list global > config-global-orig

And sort of howto here: https://www.reddit.com/r/tasker/comments/fbi5ai
    Tested the new LineageOS 20 build (clean flash) and i have to say it's awesome performing!
    Tested some other A13 ROMs and this will be my final choice for daily usage. 😍
    Works much better than my old trys with different A12 ROMs (performance, smoothness).

One little bug I've found: Setting an action for "Long Press home" in the settings doesn't work, but "Double Tap home" Setting is working on my device.

Only one whish: Would be really cool to make an official buld out of it to get OTA Updates for LineageOS 20. 😇Good work!! 👍👍👍

One hint to others : To get Google Assistant working with the smaller NikGapps Packages (not enough space for full install): Get the latest "Terminal App Systemizer" for Magisk and a terminal App like "Termux" and systemize the "Google" App (installed from Playstore before) to " /system/priv-app/" and "Hey Google" Voice Command works perfectly.
    Smoothness: [*][*][*][*][*]
    Performance: [*][*][*][*][*]
    Kernel: [*][*][*][*][*]
    Features: [*][*][*][*][ ]
    Battery: [*][*][*][*][*]
    Speaker sound and loudness: [*][*][*][*][*] (activate DIRAC in Settings and get pretty loud speaker)
    No bloatware: [*][*][*][*][*]
    Tested the new LineageOS 20 build (clean flash) and i have to say it's awesome performing!
    Tested some other A13 ROMs and this will be my final choice for daily usage. 😍
    Works much better than my old trys with different A12 ROMs (performance, smoothness).
    well that's amazing and nice that you are enjoying the rom as well!! i also tested almost every a12-a13 rom available but only lineageOS have all i need... no useless features and good performance + god westcoast kernel.
    One little bug I've found: Setting an action for "Long Press home" in the settings doesn't work, but "Double Tap home" Setting is working on my device.
    that's probably source side bug i have too... it should be fixed in incoming updates
    Only one whish: Would be really cool to make an official buld out of it to get OTA Updates for LineageOS 20.
    i also wish that but is not possible for mojito.
    in my case i'm using some hacks and additional commits to get all things working (´which lineage will never allow) + i have more freedom with unofficial builds
    ;)
    New Lineage 20.0 and 19.1 builds with November 2022 Security Patches and more are up!

Clean Flash Mandatory for 20.0!

For 19.1 dirty flash is fine but if you have the chance .. go with clean flash
    lineage.png

DISCLAIMER
    I'm not responsible for damaged devices

You have been warned !

ABOUT
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 13, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

DOWNLOADS
    ROM :
    LineageOS 20 | LineageOS 19 | LineageOS 18
    GApps : NikGApps
    Magisk : GitHub
    SafetyNet Fix : GitHub

INSTALLATION
    Boot to any Custom Recovery
    Format Data
    Flash Required Firmware (if needed)
    Reboot to Recovery
    Flash ROM
    Reboot to System

ISSUES
    Failed SafetyNet

INFORMATION
    Build Author/Maintainer : alonsoj636

Kernel Source : Anush02198 Kernel Repo
    FW Required : V13.0.10.0.SKGMIXM
    Finally.

I'm gonna have to wait a bit, my device is still locked and I want to wait and see a bit before I **** something up.

What isn't working yet? Really dumb to ask at this point, but what is missing from the ROM to become official?
    everything is working... i'm using this rom since release and i finally found my daily driver rom...

maybe you will face some lags on apps but can be easily fixed by adding some props to build.prop (i'll do on next build)

About Official... LineageOS Requeriments are very strict and i'm not a experienced developer (i'm just learning) so i can't make this official

So , i'll provide monthly updates as long as i have server to build it.

Long Live LineageOS...
    Changelogs :

13/11/2022
    • November 2022 Security Patches
    • Sync with LOS 20.0 latest sources
    • changed base tree
    • switched to WCSF Kernel (v4.14.299)
    • drop kprofiles
    • fix a lot of sepolicy denials
    • compile hwui for a bit more performance
    • drop editor config
    • drop lights hal
    • use rsa4096 key also for vbmeta_system
    • drop bluethoot component-override
    • Enable video pause workaround for video calling
    • Drop Mlipay
    • drop gpu drivers apk
    • Set readahead_size_kb=128 on fstab
    • Set readahead_size_kb=128 on data
    • don't latch unsignaled buffers
    • disable skia tracing by default
    • enable gralloc ion sync
    • Use QCOM implementation for audio effects
    • sync audio props from v13.0.10.0
    • remove useless props
    • build qti vibrator from source

• November 2022 Security Patches
    • Sync with LOS 20.0 latest sources
    • Updated WCSF Kernel to 4.14.299
    • drop editor config
    • drop lights hal
    • Drop Mlipay
    • drop gpu drivers apk
    • Set readahead_size_kb=128 on fstab
    • Set readahead_size_kb=128 on data
    • don't latch unsignaled buffers
    • disable skia tracing by default
    • compile hwui for a bit more performance
    LineageOS 20.0 Screenshots
    (coming very soon)
    Update... 03/09/2022

• Mainly cleaned the device tree from bloat commits i introduced earlier... will add more changes and fix other stuff on September Patch Release

• LineageOS 18.1 is up (once again)