Development [ROM][13][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 20 [Sunny][Mojito]

Search This thread

alonsoj636MW

Aug 30, 2020
Santiago, Chile
Redmi Note 10
How did you install Magisk ? I followed the explained procedure to download Magisk-v24.3.apk, rename to zip and then install through TWRP but the installation fail (It's the first time I have to installed magisk with lineage).
error 2?
just use orange fox beta... twrp and orange fox stable have a weird problem with magisk

lex_2193

Jan 19, 2009
Last edited:

Mthw

May 12, 2013
HTC EVO 3D
Lenovo Vibe P1m
i just built latest LineageOS 18.1 which is based on Android 11 for those who don't like A12 like me... everything seems fine for me
Just curious, what are some of the reasons one would prefer using Android 11 to 12? Using MIUI 12.5 instead of 13 I would understand but LOS or PE I don't. Also, what security patch version is available on these older android versions?

Zirila

Jul 31, 2015
i just built latest LineageOS 18.1 which is based on Android 11 for those who don't like A12 like me... everything seems fine for me
That's great news! out of curiosity, what did you not like on LOS19/A12? I haven't tried A12 yet, however I'm always sceptical about new android versions because everytime after a major upgrade there are new restrictions introduced which break half of my apps and stuff (esp. the core things like microG etc.)
Still haven't found enough spare time to risk the upgrade, and now I don't know whether to go for LOS19 or LOS18.1.

Just curious, what are some of the reasons one would prefer using Android 11 to 12? Using MIUI 12.5 instead of 13 I would understand but LOS or PE I don't. Also, what security patch version is available on these older android versions?

as noted above, every major upgrade is synonym for a mess to get other and older things to work again. google is eager to introduce new restrictions with every new version which breaks things and the community first has to make adaptions which takes time and a lot of work. as a matter of fact, if you are a power user, you'll get a working new AOSP/LOS version with all the features YOU like, when google is already about to release the -next- or even next but one android version.

alonsoj636MW

Aug 30, 2020
Santiago, Chile
Redmi Note 10
above me you can find the answer... mainly apps compatibility and system restrictions.
both A11 and A12 have the May Security Patch as said in the main post.

alonsoj636MW

Aug 30, 2020
Santiago, Chile
Redmi Note 10
That's great news! out of curiosity, what did you not like on LOS19/A12? I haven't tried A12 yet, however I'm always sceptical about new android versions because everytime after a major upgrade there are new restrictions introduced which break half of my apps and stuff (esp. the core things like microG etc.)
Still haven't found enough spare time to risk the upgrade, and now I don't know whether to go for LOS19 or LOS18.1.
i'm back to android 12 at the moment... just the interface doesn't convince me too much.

things like MicroG are not available as for now for Android 12.1 so you must wait if you want to use it. (otherwise just use the vanilla rom without GMS)

the choice is up to you ... both 18.1/19.1 are perfectly good since LineageOS is well know as a lightweight and clean rom

Zirila

Jul 31, 2015
i'm back to android 12 at the moment... just the interface doesn't convince me too much.
i see, haven't looked into it yet. but I assume google 'improved' things for the worse again.

things like MicroG are not available as for now for Android 12.1 so you must wait if you want to use it. (otherwise just use the vanilla rom without GMS)
yeah, obviously it's still not adapted. however, I just visited a few threads covering the problem.. and it seems it's possible for a few people, but you probably have to tinker a lot. having red that minmicroG (I've used this before and right now) combined with haystack-v11 and some little adjustments to the source code like copying a method to another class, is working.. but this smells like trial and error and maybe wasted time.
There is also a way with Zygisk and LSPosed module (havent tried anything of this new zygisk and lsposed stuff yet) and FakeGApps which should do the trick.
I'll have to dig deeper once I actually try to get this stuff working..

the choice is up to you ... both 18.1/19.1 are perfectly good since LineageOS is well know as a lightweight and clean rom
the choice is actually dependent on which version takes the least amount of time to get everything working.. :D And from my current impressions it is obviously 18.1... but 19 is the future, sooner or later we have to switch over anyway..

Zirila

Jul 31, 2015
MicroG users can try this :

That's one of many MicroG-packs out there. But they all require working signature spoofing first in lineageOS. The pack alone without that is not working.
Just saying, so people know what to expect.
You first have to patch LineageOS with haystack or similar tools. Out of the box LineageOS does not support signature spoofing.
Haystack seems to be working on 18.1, but not so much on 19.1 yet (afaik).

alonsoj636MW

Aug 30, 2020
Santiago, Chile
Redmi Note 10
That's one of many MicroG-packs out there. But they all require working signature spoofing first in lineageOS. The pack alone without that is not working.
Just saying, so people know what to expect.
You first have to patch LineageOS with haystack or similar tools. Out of the box LineageOS does not support signature spoofing.
Haystack seems to be working on 18.1, but not so much on 19.1 yet (afaik).
sad... will look forward for MicroG with other options , thanks for the useful info

alonsoj636MW

Aug 30, 2020
Santiago, Chile
Redmi Note 10

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220607-030632_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20220607-030632_Trebuchet.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 191
  • Screenshot_20220607-030637_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20220607-030637_Trebuchet.png
    150.9 KB · Views: 183
  • Screenshot_20220607-030652_Configuración.png
    Screenshot_20220607-030652_Configuración.png
    167.3 KB · Views: 171
  • Screenshot_20220607-030715_Configuración.png
    Screenshot_20220607-030715_Configuración.png
    132.3 KB · Views: 161
  • Screenshot_20220607-030740_Configuración.png
    Screenshot_20220607-030740_Configuración.png
    189 KB · Views: 203
Reactions: truedied

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    295133595-2e7e831c-1f82-4449-92d1-b515e1884f94.jpg

Code:
    Your warranty is now void...
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

About
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 13 (T), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Download

GitHub

Notes
    - Don't change kernel.
    - Custom recoveries are not allowed to be used.
    - Inlined with NetErnels.
    - SELinux is enforcing.
    - Encryption is enabled by default
    - Only use Lineage recovery to flash/format.
    - 14.0.8.0 Global FW is needed

Flashing instructions
    - Download ROM zip, recovery zip and fw.
    - Boot to bootloader.
    - Run fastboot update LOS20_Recovery_*.zip , according to the build downloaded.

(if the above command didn't work and you can't boot into recovery mode flash the images of inside the zip file manually!
    - fastboot flash boot boot.img
    - fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img)

- Run fastboot reboot recovery
    - Format data with the recovery.
    - Click Apply Update.
    - Select your preferred method (Sideload/SDCard)
    (For Sideload run : adb sideload lineage*.zip)
    (For SDCard just select the zip from where you saved it)
    - Reboot to recovery
    - Flash FW (Sideload/SDCard)
    - Reboot to system

Update Instructions
    - Download ROM zip
    - Reboot to recovery
    - Click Apply Update
    - Select your preferred method (Sideload/SDCard)
    - Reboot to recovery
    - Flash FW
    - Reboot to system

GPL Compliance
    Kernel Source

ROM Source
    LineageOS - GitHub

LineageOS - Gerrit Code Review

Optional
    Code:
    Termux app and root access needed

You can run these to optimize the ROM and kernel parameters ↓
    su -c "cmd package bg-dexopt-job"
    su -c "cmd package compile -a -f --compile-layouts"

Don't use the phone while it's working
    Wait for the word "Success" and reboot

To reset battery stats ↓
    dumpsys batterystats --reset-all
    Finally.

I'm gonna have to wait a bit, my device is still locked and I want to wait and see a bit before I **** something up.

What isn't working yet? Really dumb to ask at this point, but what is missing from the ROM to become official?
    everything is working... i'm using this rom since release and i finally found my daily driver rom...

maybe you will face some lags on apps but can be easily fixed by adding some props to build.prop (i'll do on next build)

About Official... LineageOS Requeriments are very strict and i'm not a experienced developer (i'm just learning) so i can't make this official

So , i'll provide monthly updates as long as i have server to build it.

Long Live LineageOS...
    LineageOS 20.0 Screenshots
    (coming very soon)
    Moderator announcement

Thread cleaned and posts edited. As a friendly FYI, I would ask all of you to please not engage in potential false accusations from other social media sites, nor reply to them in this manner.
    We Moderators would simply request that you please report these types of accusations so as to prevent public discussions such as these, which usually digress into a flamming war with more accusations.

Please let us return to "On Topic" discussion, and keep the hyperbole at a minimum. Thank you all for your cooperation, and a pleasant day to all.

-Regards: Badger50