Development [ROM][13][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 20 [Sunny]

Search This thread

alonsoj636

Aug 30, 2020
Redmi Note 10
Thank you @alonsoj636, the build lineage-20.0-20221113-UNOFFICIAL-mojito.zip seems to be running fine.
amazing !
Pixel Experience Kernel have terrible ram management also not good battery life in my tests so i'm not planning to use that if westcoast end it's support (i'll probably stick with westcoast forever :p)

Reactions: canero and Moscha

PTX64

Jan 22, 2022
Tested the new LineageOS 20 build (clean flash) and i have to say it's awesome performing!
Tested some other A13 ROMs and this will be my final choice for daily usage. 😍
Works much better than my old trys with different A12 ROMs (performance, smoothness).

One little bug I've found: Setting an action for "Long Press home" in the settings doesn't work, but "Double Tap home" Setting is working on my device.

Only one whish: Would be really cool to make an official buld out of it to get OTA Updates for LineageOS 20. 😇Good work!! 👍👍👍

One hint to others : To get Google Assistant working with the smaller NikGapps Packages (not enough space for full install): Get the latest "Terminal App Systemizer" for Magisk and a terminal App like "Termux" and systemize the "Google" App (installed from Playstore before) to " /system/priv-app/" and "Hey Google" Voice Command works perfectly.
Some other things I found, the light sensor to adjust the screen brightness is too sensitive, as well as the gyroscope sensor(s) for automatic screen rotation. Don't know if it's kernel related, but it would be nice if LOS had an option to adjust the sensitivity for both.

PTX64

Jan 22, 2022
Does it support OTA updates?
That would be nice indeed, and it is even possible with non-official LOS releases. I don't know how it works on V20 or how it applies the updates to A/B devices like this one. The Crdroid version for Mojito supports it if you need an example. Some more info, Don't know if it still applies now: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_packages_apps_Updater

Since @alonsoj636 says it needs to be an official build these days for this OTA updates to work, I'm not really sure if you can even make it work without patching the LOS source-code.

Last edited:

PTX64

Jan 22, 2022
amazing !

Pixel Experience Kernel have terrible ram management also not good battery life in my tests so i'm not planning to use that if westcoast end it's support (i'll probably stick with westcoast forever :p)
That says enough for me.... too much customization without knowing about possible the impacts. I'll go with your choice in that case.

alonsoj636

Aug 30, 2020
Redmi Note 10
Since @alonsoj636 says it needs to be an official build these days for this OTA updates to work, I'm not really sure if you can even make it work without patching the LOS source-code.
while i saw some unofficial lineage threads claiming ota updates (patching los source code afaik)... i don't have the time to dig into that (and now will have even less time) so i won't be able to ship ota updates either...

just the corresponding monthly update if i'm free enough and with my server running

Last edited:
Reactions: PTX64
I used it in some experimental builds I did and I was very impressed with the work you put into it.

but in the end i went with westcoast because i like the fact that it is always updated to the latest linux kernel version and because it also worked very well...

yes, neternels is in my plans for sure.
In all honesty from a kernel developer perspective, upstreaming does not provide any benefits to an android device running old LTS (4.x kernels). It only mostly tends to break things like some of the patches broke games built with unity, caused vague app crashes, broke some platform tooling and etc. This is why I don't upstream at all infact, gregkh - Linux-stable maintainer don't even backport most important patches half of the times. It's up to kernel devs to backport them manually and have it in our kernel tree. Feel free to continue using WCS but I have to say this not only as a kernel dev but as a user of mojito aswell, that kernel is really filled with alot of debugging, there's alot of logspams, call traces (backtraces for failing APIs) and etc. I've seen it a bazillion times already shown by other users to me and I've told him about this but oh well you're not really on TG so I suppose you do not know how things are going on. Basically they treat me as the bad guy lolz. This is just my opinion tho, carry on w your work 👍.

alonsoj636

Aug 30, 2020
Redmi Note 10
In all honesty from a kernel developer perspective, upstreaming does not provide any benefits to an android device running old LTS (4.x kernels). It only mostly tends to break things like some of the patches broke games built with unity, caused vague app crashes, broke some platform tooling and etc.
didn't know that ... tnx for the explanation
that kernel is really filled with alot of debugging, there's alot of logspams, call traces (backtraces for failing APIs) and etc.
didn't know that too... :eek:

Basically they treat me as the bad guy lolz
well i know that some tg communities are toxic AF but don't listen to them... keep it up with your hard work as neternels is a great kernel in my opinion.

for now will keep wcs but will be happy to use neternels in future LOS builds :)

PTX64

Jan 22, 2022
while i saw some unofficial lineage threads claiming ota updates (patching los source code afaik)... i don't have the time to dig into that (and now will have even less time) so i won't be able to ship ota updates either...

just the corresponding monthly update if i'm free enough and with my server running
I fully understand, hopefully I'll have my other projects on schedule soon so I can (help you) build and patch (on my own).

PTX64

Jan 22, 2022
In all honesty from a kernel developer perspective, upstreaming does not provide any benefits to an android device running old LTS (4.x kernels). It only mostly tends to break things like some of the patches broke games built with unity, caused vague app crashes, broke some platform tooling and etc. This is why I don't upstream at all infact, gregkh - Linux-stable maintainer don't even backport most important patches half of the times. It's up to kernel devs to backport them manually and have it in our kernel tree. Feel free to continue using WCS but I have to say this not only as a kernel dev but as a user of mojito aswell, that kernel is really filled with alot of debugging, there's alot of logspams, call traces (backtraces for failing APIs) and etc. I've seen it a bazillion times already shown by other users to me and I've told him about this but oh well you're not really on TG so I suppose you do not know how things are going on. Basically they treat me as the bad guy lolz. This is just my opinion tho, carry on w your work 👍.
Same goes for the Rockchip kernels for the ARMv8 / ARMv9 chipsets as for this Qualcomm SDM678 of the Mojito. It mostly depends on the manufacturer to update and maintain the kernel, and other devs can only follow up properly when the soc/kernel/modules are opensource. Too much tinkering and introducing partial patches / updates to the kernel etc. will often result into more trouble unless you spend a huge amount of time in testing and developing.

Sometimes it is possible to extract the vendor source code by comparing their manufacturer kernel to the regular linux/android kernel they have used and adjust it to MAINLINE. But the easier option might be the Redmi Note 11(Spes/n) kernel sourcecode if Xiaomi releases it. I don't really see many differences there...

DarkMatrix204

Nov 27, 2022
Complete installation guide including gapps please?.ive arrow os recovery installed and im unable to install twrp/ofox

covecove1

Feb 22, 2013
Redmi Note 10
Complete installation guide including gapps please?.ive arrow os recovery installed and im unable to install twrp/ofox
connect phone with usb debugging to pc, go to fastboot, go to cmd in adb folder and use command fastboot boot recovery twrp.img (download img to that folder before)..

after that you can adb sideload rom.zip and gapps.zip trough twrp from that folder on pc to phone

DarkMatrix204

Nov 27, 2022
connect phone with usb debugging to pc, go to fastboot, go to cmd in adb folder and use command fastboot boot recovery twrp.img (download img to that folder before)..

after that you can adb sideload rom.zip and gapps.zip trough twrp from that folder on pc to phone
Twrp doesn't flash and the phone turns off

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    28/01/2023
    A new build is uploaded
    is from yesterday but whatever....

Please read instructions and notes on the OP!!
    Clean Install this one too
    ;)
    Moderator announcement

Thread cleaned and posts edited. As a friendly FYI, I would ask all of you to please not engage in potential false accusations from other social media sites, nor reply to them in this manner.
    We Moderators would simply request that you please report these types of accusations so as to prevent public discussions such as these, which usually digress into a flamming war with more accusations.

Please let us return to "On Topic" discussion, and keep the hyperbole at a minimum. Thank you all for your cooperation, and a pleasant day to all.

-Regards: Badger50
    what's up guys , i'm preparing the last update of the month but i'm not sure if you like the clean flash but whatever

mainly added features :

- recovery resources moved to /vendor_boot (this time will be definitive)
    - F2FS Compression
    - Project ID Quota
    - some improvements to audio
    - some cleanups of useless props and removing some features that doesn't work
    - also reducing the logspam a little bit

other rom side optimizations but they are minimal

i think those changes are necessary though... i found a far better experience with those additions.
    if you return to old device tree
    not anymore... i'm preparing the next release with big improvements + neternels kernel

ota will be re-enabled ofc

MiCamera Module by @Hami_Do is now fully working!
    14/01/2023

A New build has been released
    lineage.png

DISCLAIMER
    I'm not responsible for damaged devices

You have been warned !

ABOUT
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 13, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

DOWNLOADS
    LineageOS 20
    Firmware
    MindTheGApps | NikGApps

NOTES
    Changing Kernel is not allowed
    Custom Recovery usage is not allowed
    NetErnels Kernel
    Inlined
    Only use Lineage Recovery to format/flash

VENDOR_BOOT INSTALLATION
    fastboot flash vendor_boot los20_vendor_boot_20230127.img

BOOT INSTALLATION
    fastboot flash boot los20_boot_20230127.img

INSTALLATION
    Flash Vendor_Boot
    Flash Boot
    Reboot to Recovery
    Format Data
    Flash ROM
    Reboot to System

INSTALLATION (GAPPS)
    Flash Vendor_Boot
    Flash Boot
    Reboot to Recovery
    Format Data
    Flash ROM
    Reboot to Recovery
    Flash GAPPS Package
    Reboot to System

ISSUES
    Report bugs with
    proper logs

Kernel Source
    LineageOS 20 UNOFFICIAL for Redmi Note 10 [sunny]

INFORMATION

Build Author/Maintainer : Alonso J. | @alonsoj636
    Firmware Recommended : V13.0.11.0.SKGMIXM

Security Patch Level : January 5 , 2023

CHANGELOGS
    27/01/2023

• F2FS Compression Enabled
    • Project ID Quota
    • Moved recovery resources to /vendor_boot
    • Inherit launch_with_vendor_ramdisk for vAB
    • Adjusted Partition Reserved Sizes
    • Enable Gralloc ion sync
    • sunny: overlay: Adjust statusbar padding
    • Revert "mojito: Set VENDOR_SECURITY_PATCH to platform
    • Drop debug.sf.latch_unsignaled
    • Removed some non-essentials commits from source
    • Misc adjustements
    Finally.

I'm gonna have to wait a bit, my device is still locked and I want to wait and see a bit before I **** something up.

What isn't working yet? Really dumb to ask at this point, but what is missing from the ROM to become official?
    everything is working... i'm using this rom since release and i finally found my daily driver rom...

maybe you will face some lags on apps but can be easily fixed by adding some props to build.prop (i'll do on next build)

About Official... LineageOS Requeriments are very strict and i'm not a experienced developer (i'm just learning) so i can't make this official

So , i'll provide monthly updates as long as i have server to build it.

Long Live LineageOS...
    LineageOS 20.0 Screenshots
    (coming very soon)
    Moderator announcement

Thread cleaned and posts edited. As a friendly FYI, I would ask all of you to please not engage in potential false accusations from other social media sites, nor reply to them in this manner.
    We Moderators would simply request that you please report these types of accusations so as to prevent public discussions such as these, which usually digress into a flamming war with more accusations.

Please let us return to "On Topic" discussion, and keep the hyperbole at a minimum. Thank you all for your cooperation, and a pleasant day to all.

-Regards: Badger50