Development [ROM][13][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 20 [Sunny][Mojito]

Search This thread

alonsoj636MW

Aug 30, 2020
Santiago, Chile
Redmi Note 10
Thank you @alonsoj636, the build lineage-20.0-20221113-UNOFFICIAL-mojito.zip seems to be running fine.
amazing !
Pixel Experience Kernel have terrible ram management also not good battery life in my tests so i'm not planning to use that if westcoast end it's support (i'll probably stick with westcoast forever :p)

Reactions: canero and Moscha

alonsoj636MW

Aug 30, 2020
Santiago, Chile
Redmi Note 10
Since @alonsoj636 says it needs to be an official build these days for this OTA updates to work, I'm not really sure if you can even make it work without patching the LOS source-code.
while i saw some unofficial lineage threads claiming ota updates (patching los source code afaik)... i don't have the time to dig into that (and now will have even less time) so i won't be able to ship ota updates either...

just the corresponding monthly update if i'm free enough and with my server running

Last edited:
Reactions: PTX64

alonsoj636MW

Aug 30, 2020
Santiago, Chile
Redmi Note 10
Have you considered using NetErnels?
I used it in some experimental builds I did and I was very impressed with the work you put into it.

but in the end i went with westcoast because i like the fact that it is always updated to the latest linux kernel version and because it also worked very well...

yes, neternels is in my plans for sure.

I used it in some experimental builds I did and I was very impressed with the work you put into it.

but in the end i went with westcoast because i like the fact that it is always updated to the latest linux kernel version and because it also worked very well...

yes, neternels is in my plans for sure.
In all honesty from a kernel developer perspective, upstreaming does not provide any benefits to an android device running old LTS (4.x kernels). It only mostly tends to break things like some of the patches broke games built with unity, caused vague app crashes, broke some platform tooling and etc. This is why I don't upstream at all infact, gregkh - Linux-stable maintainer don't even backport most important patches half of the times. It's up to kernel devs to backport them manually and have it in our kernel tree. Feel free to continue using WCS but I have to say this not only as a kernel dev but as a user of mojito aswell, that kernel is really filled with alot of debugging, there's alot of logspams, call traces (backtraces for failing APIs) and etc. I've seen it a bazillion times already shown by other users to me and I've told him about this but oh well you're not really on TG so I suppose you do not know how things are going on. Basically they treat me as the bad guy lolz. This is just my opinion tho, carry on w your work 👍.

alonsoj636MW

Aug 30, 2020
Santiago, Chile
Redmi Note 10
In all honesty from a kernel developer perspective, upstreaming does not provide any benefits to an android device running old LTS (4.x kernels). It only mostly tends to break things like some of the patches broke games built with unity, caused vague app crashes, broke some platform tooling and etc.
didn't know that ... tnx for the explanation
that kernel is really filled with alot of debugging, there's alot of logspams, call traces (backtraces for failing APIs) and etc.
didn't know that too... :eek:

Basically they treat me as the bad guy lolz
well i know that some tg communities are toxic AF but don't listen to them... keep it up with your hard work as neternels is a great kernel in my opinion.

for now will keep wcs but will be happy to use neternels in future LOS builds :)

DarkMatrix204

Nov 27, 2022
Complete installation guide including gapps please?.ive arrow os recovery installed and im unable to install twrp/ofox

covecove1

Feb 22, 2013
Redmi Note 10
Complete installation guide including gapps please?.ive arrow os recovery installed and im unable to install twrp/ofox
connect phone with usb debugging to pc, go to fastboot, go to cmd in adb folder and use command fastboot boot recovery twrp.img (download img to that folder before)..

after that you can adb sideload rom.zip and gapps.zip trough twrp from that folder on pc to phone

DarkMatrix204

Nov 27, 2022
connect phone with usb debugging to pc, go to fastboot, go to cmd in adb folder and use command fastboot boot recovery twrp.img (download img to that folder before)..

after that you can adb sideload rom.zip and gapps.zip trough twrp from that folder on pc to phone
Twrp doesn't flash and the phone turns off

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    295133595-2e7e831c-1f82-4449-92d1-b515e1884f94.jpg

Code:
    Your warranty is now void...
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

About
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 13 (T), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Download

GitHub

Notes
    - Don't change kernel.
    - Custom recoveries are not allowed to be used.
    - Inlined with NetErnels.
    - SELinux is enforcing.
    - Encryption is enabled by default
    - Only use Lineage recovery to flash/format.
    - 14.0.8.0 Global FW is needed

Flashing instructions
    - Download ROM zip, recovery zip and fw.
    - Boot to bootloader.
    - Run fastboot update LOS20_Recovery_*.zip , according to the build downloaded.

(if the above command didn't work and you can't boot into recovery mode flash the images of inside the zip file manually!
    - fastboot flash boot boot.img
    - fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img)

- Run fastboot reboot recovery
    - Format data with the recovery.
    - Click Apply Update.
    - Select your preferred method (Sideload/SDCard)
    (For Sideload run : adb sideload lineage*.zip)
    (For SDCard just select the zip from where you saved it)
    - Reboot to recovery
    - Flash FW (Sideload/SDCard)
    - Reboot to system

Update Instructions
    - Download ROM zip
    - Reboot to recovery
    - Click Apply Update
    - Select your preferred method (Sideload/SDCard)
    - Reboot to recovery
    - Flash FW
    - Reboot to system

GPL Compliance
    Kernel Source

ROM Source
    LineageOS - GitHub

LineageOS - Gerrit Code Review

Optional
    Code:
    Termux app and root access needed

You can run these to optimize the ROM and kernel parameters ↓
    su -c "cmd package bg-dexopt-job"
    su -c "cmd package compile -a -f --compile-layouts"

Don't use the phone while it's working
    Wait for the word "Success" and reboot

To reset battery stats ↓
    dumpsys batterystats --reset-all
    Finally.

I'm gonna have to wait a bit, my device is still locked and I want to wait and see a bit before I **** something up.

What isn't working yet? Really dumb to ask at this point, but what is missing from the ROM to become official?
    everything is working... i'm using this rom since release and i finally found my daily driver rom...

maybe you will face some lags on apps but can be easily fixed by adding some props to build.prop (i'll do on next build)

About Official... LineageOS Requeriments are very strict and i'm not a experienced developer (i'm just learning) so i can't make this official

So , i'll provide monthly updates as long as i have server to build it.

Long Live LineageOS...
    LineageOS 20.0 Screenshots
    (coming very soon)
    Moderator announcement

Thread cleaned and posts edited. As a friendly FYI, I would ask all of you to please not engage in potential false accusations from other social media sites, nor reply to them in this manner.
    We Moderators would simply request that you please report these types of accusations so as to prevent public discussions such as these, which usually digress into a flamming war with more accusations.

Please let us return to "On Topic" discussion, and keep the hyperbole at a minimum. Thank you all for your cooperation, and a pleasant day to all.

-Regards: Badger50