[ROM][13][UNOFFICIAL][redfin] Evolution-X | 7.8 Sisig |TQA.230405.003.E1 UPDATED Apr 21-2023

Search This thread

saxmydix

Oct 11, 2011
Selayang
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 4
@aleph.mercury I really do enjoy this rom but is there any chance that we can get Now Playing working on this ROM? I tried to enable it through the settings and it does nothing.
I got it working using pixelify
Screenshot_20221113-080529_Android_System_Intelligence.png

saxmydix

Oct 11, 2011
Selayang
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 4
got some freezes here and there when adjusting quick settings and had to reboot, but all in all seems to be a nice rom.
only thing i'm missing are advanced navbar settings like "force close active app when holding back-button"

also "connectivity thermal power manager" apparently draws way to much battery
I'm also notice this, got some freeze randomly. Could be kernel related things.

Reactions: ChillerMarvin

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5

ChillerMarvin

Jul 10, 2013
HTC One S
HTC One (m7)
Was problem on previous rom, I just disabled hbvms and no issues. All it does is pump up screen to high brightness 🔆
was the first thing I tried since I read it in an older thread, but it did not help.
Btw its not possible to disable hbvms, I can just restrict its battery usage but it still draws like 25% of my whole battery while "connectivity thermal power manager" draws another 25%

ChillerMarvin

Jul 10, 2013
HTC One S
HTC One (m7)
My first impression was wrong, I've got to correct myself:

Rom is still basically unusable, since it drains battery within just a few hours, even in standby, also many more random freezes where I had to reboot my phone. Once I just started Chrome and my whole pixel freezed until forced reboot.
Phones always warm to the touch when this Rom is installed.

Reactions: elong7681

antonio_d25

Aug 31, 2021

Rom is still basically unusable, since it drains battery within just a few hours, even in standby, also many more random freezes where I had to reboot my phone. Once I just started Chrome and my whole pixel freezed until forced reboot.
Have you used Evolution-X 7.2 | Unbound previously ? Or can't go back to that one now ?

I don't see the same issues being mentioned with that one

saxmydix

Oct 11, 2011
Selayang
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 4
Have you used Evolution-X 7.2 | Unbound previously ? Or can't go back to that one now ?

I don't see the same issues being mentioned with that one
This version work great. Didn't try to go back tho.

I tried flash CleanState work batter, but still not smooth as the 7.2. I notice in their telegram some user having same issues with different phone.

hunter12

Hey. Do i have to extract the boot.img from the image (payload.bin) to get root with magisk or can i use the google stock boot.img?

edit:
I figured out all problems. But also did have some issues where the phone did not react or an app closed. Battery seems to be quite okay as far i can judge.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EvoBanner.png

UPDATED FOR April 21st 2023
    I am not affiliated with the official Evolution-X team.

link to kernel source: https://github.com/psybernetiq/kernel_google_redbull_tiramisu-pixel
    my other repos for the device and vendor are there as well.

downloads:
    flash the vendor_boot img. Then adb sideload the zip file in recovery.

Notes:
    BACKUP YOUR DATA FOR THIS BUILD. YOU WILL PROBABLY HAVE TO RESET YOUR DEVICE TO FLASH THS ROM. SORRY FOR INCONVENIENCE.
    I make reference to 9.9.9.9 (quad9 dns) rather than 1.1.1.1 (cloud flare) to 1 part in the code under bionic/libc/dns/net/getaddrinfo.c.
    I added bromite webview support (does not require you to be rooted)
    I added a flag called TARGET_IS_PIXEL_5 := true so that this device gets a hit to make persist.sys.disable_rescue=true. Without this, the device will boot but then reboot to recovery within ~10seconds.
    I did not add wireguard support to the kernel this time. Let me know if you want me to add it back in.
    passes safety net

The screen on my pixel 5 cracked back in March and I got a Pixel 7 Pro. I still have the pixel 5, though, and I tested this rom on the device before uploading and sharing here.
    The March update was super late coming from Google, and the Evolution-X team was making a bunch of changes during this time (and they still are.) So consider this release an off-cycle release.
    I was also having trouble building the ROM for a few weeks due to my laptop's RAM (32GB) being fried but not really making it clear to me that that was the problem. I had been using Qubes as my OS but have since gone back to good 'old Linux Mint. I liked Qubes but it's kinda a pain to constantly fuss with allocating the USB drives and I suspect the constant use of my 32GB of RAM to run all the virtual machines therein contributed to the premature death of my RAM cards (~1 yr old).
    I build this ROM in the same tree as for my Pixel 7 Pro, so I should continue to make updates going forward for the Pixel 5. I'm planning on adding the Pixel 3XL and OG Pixel ("sailfish") as well, since I own all those phones, too.
    Due to this trouble with my PC, the pathways to my keys (the ones you can see in /system/etc/security/otacerts.zip, you can see it includes the entire pathway where the keys are actually located in my PC) changed and I think that's why you have to clear data on this ROM. I'm also using a different Github repo now, too, as part of a rebranding process I'm doing.

Enjoy!
    Will there be any future updates for this ROM?
    UPDATED FOR JANUARY 2023

Notes:
    Lots of new stuff in this version
    new launcher packed with lots of new customization options
    lock screen clock fonts
    shortcut presentation options
    ...and more!

I added bromite webview
    I deleted turboadapter/device health services because it kept crashing and presentiting an an screen alert indicating such that required user action to dismiss each instance (only occurred every 5-10 min but still annoying)
    I added wireguard support to the kernel
    I noticed it no longer passes safety net. It's possible I didn't inlcude something in porting this ROM that is needed to pass this (aka the right fingerprint). If I fix that I'll update this post. Otherwise I leave you to your own devices to address this if passing is important to you.
    If someone else can vouch that they were able to flash ontop of their previous version, that would be appreciated. Until someone indicates it works, I can't say for sure whether or not you will lose data flashing this. (I signed it with the same keys as before so I think it will be ok but someone on here needs to verify)

I didn't update last month because I switched my laptop from linux mint to QubesOS. There was a bit of a learning curve for me in adopting QubesOS but am back on track now. I built this ROM in a paravirtualized debain 11 system on this laptop (AMD processor and 32GB RAM by crucial)

Enjoy!
    February 2023 update is available now, see first post.
    there haven't been any updates for a couple of months due to couple of things:
    my RAM burnt out on me but wasn't clear to me for a while that that was the problem. the official team was also around the same time doing major rework of this ROM due to changes with qpr2.
    the screen on my pixel 5 broke, so I replaced it with a pixel 7 pro.
    they're still doing major changes to the ROM right now, for example, they're bringing back the evo launcher. I could make the ROM but it probably won't work well due to the main repo being in a state of flux.
    I'll try and update this ROM for the pixel 5 when the changes settle down