- May 30, 2020
UPDATED FOR April 21st 2023
I am not affiliated with the official Evolution-X team.
link to kernel source: https://github.com/psybernetiq/kernel_google_redbull_tiramisu-pixel
my other repos for the device and vendor are there as well.
BACKUP YOUR DATA FOR THIS BUILD. YOU WILL PROBABLY HAVE TO RESET YOUR DEVICE TO FLASH THS ROM. SORRY FOR INCONVENIENCE.
I make reference to 22.214.171.124 (quad9 dns) rather than 126.96.36.199 (cloud flare) to 1 part in the code under bionic/libc/dns/net/getaddrinfo.c.
I added bromite webview support (does not require you to be rooted)
I added a flag called TARGET_IS_PIXEL_5 := true so that this device gets a hit to make persist.sys.disable_rescue=true. Without this, the device will boot but then reboot to recovery within ~10seconds.
I did not add wireguard support to the kernel this time. Let me know if you want me to add it back in.
passes safety net
The screen on my pixel 5 cracked back in March and I got a Pixel 7 Pro. I still have the pixel 5, though, and I tested this rom on the device before uploading and sharing here.
The March update was super late coming from Google, and the Evolution-X team was making a bunch of changes during this time (and they still are.) So consider this release an off-cycle release.
I was also having trouble building the ROM for a few weeks due to my laptop's RAM (32GB) being fried but not really making it clear to me that that was the problem. I had been using Qubes as my OS but have since gone back to good 'old Linux Mint. I liked Qubes but it's kinda a pain to constantly fuss with allocating the USB drives and I suspect the constant use of my 32GB of RAM to run all the virtual machines therein contributed to the premature death of my RAM cards (~1 yr old).
I build this ROM in the same tree as for my Pixel 7 Pro, so I should continue to make updates going forward for the Pixel 5. I'm planning on adding the Pixel 3XL and OG Pixel ("sailfish") as well, since I own all those phones, too.
Due to this trouble with my PC, the pathways to my keys (the ones you can see in /system/etc/security/otacerts.zip, you can see it includes the entire pathway where the keys are actually located in my PC) changed and I think that's why you have to clear data on this ROM. I'm also using a different Github repo now, too, as part of a rebranding process I'm doing.