[ROM][13][UNOFFICIAL][redfin] Evolution-X | 7.8 Sisig |TQA.230405.003.E1 UPDATED Apr 21-2023

Search This thread

XeCuTioN

Dec 31, 2012
Fitchburg, WI
A big THX for this nice ROM, light and smooth :)

FYI, in my case LED color settings don't work for me, nothing at all / no light.
Additionnally, I want to deactivate weather display on screenlocked display, didn't find the setting, any thoughts ?

For default camera, try the latest Gcam suggested one for Android 11+ on this https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-suggested/, it works perfectly for me.

EDIT: However, I didn't get Data Mobile keep working during more than 15 seconds, whatever 5G related magisk modules (rooted). I tried each radio profiles, no help. I event tried to dirty flash, reroot, still no help
Sadly, Flashing another worked for me solving data mobile issues.
4G and 5G Mobile Data works fine for me. Hasnt gone out at all. I did install after a factory reset - i did not dirty flash.

manjr

Feb 9, 2015
Xiaomi Mi A1
Google Pixel 5

I just hoping that the developer fix the spoof for gphotos. It doesn't work at least for mine. It doesn't provide option to choose whether to pick storage saver or original quality. Hence, it only can backup using original quality which will bother my Google account storage.

So in order to solve that, I installed magisk module pixelify for gphotos just to get the option for storage saver, so that it won't bother my Google account storage. Because Pixel 5 got unlimited backup on storage saver option.

So I hope in the future update, you can fix this issue.

Other than that, overall this is a awesome ROM you can try!

Sorry for my bad English.

Cheers :)

Loklann

Feb 12, 2023
Sony Xperia 5 III

I just hoping that the developer fix the spoof for gphotos. It doesn't work at least for mine. It doesn't provide option to choose whether to pick storage saver or original quality. Hence, it only can backup using original quality which will bother my Google account storage.

So in order to solve that, I installed magisk module pixelify for gphotos just to get the option for storage saver, so that it won't bother my Google account storage. Because Pixel 5 got unlimited backup on storage saver option.

So I hope in the future update, you can fix this issue.

Other than that, overall this is a awesome ROM you can try!

Sorry for my bad English.

Cheers :)
Hi, the ROM is indeed excellent apart from the fact i also suffer from the same problem with the GPhotos spoof : even though it displays unlimited backup with original quality, it still counts in my Account Storage.

Reactions: manjr

redsmith

Apr 11, 2011
Hi,

Does anybody know what code should I use to change Color settings? For example, I know Live Display can be modified this way:

#!/system/bin/sh
settings put system display_color_adjustment "1.0 1.0 1.0"

As far as I know, on LineageOS Live Display can be modified via script with this code:

#!/system/bin/sh
settings put --lineage system display_color_adjustment "1.0 1.0 1.0"

but that is not working here, any ideas?

Loklann

Feb 12, 2023
Sony Xperia 5 III
do you have problem battery drain with com.android.hbmsvManager?
It used to drain my battery too. I did research and it actually is the program that regulates "high brightness" (a post from M.Rahman → ). I straight up uninstalled it via adb (adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.hbmsvmanager) it's been around a month now and i haven't encountered any issues that could be caused by removing it, and it doesn't show up in battery usage.

quocanh21081992

Jan 2, 2014
Hà Nội
It used to drain my battery too. I did research and it actually is the program that regulates "high brightness" (a post from M.Rahman → ). I straight up uninstalled it via adb (adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.hbmsvmanager) it's been around a month now and i haven't encountered any issues that could be caused by removing it, and it doesn't show up in battery usage.
i was put them battery restrict list and force closed it. No more battery drain and no need uninstall by ADB

Reactions: Loklann

aleph.mercury

there haven't been any updates for a couple of months due to couple of things:
my RAM burnt out on me but wasn't clear to me for a while that that was the problem. the official team was also around the same time doing major rework of this ROM due to changes with qpr2.
the screen on my pixel 5 broke, so I replaced it with a pixel 7 pro.
they're still doing major changes to the ROM right now, for example, they're bringing back the evo launcher. I could make the ROM but it probably won't work well due to the main repo being in a state of flux.
I'll try and update this ROM for the pixel 5 when the changes settle down

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EvoBanner.png

UPDATED FOR April 21st 2023
    I am not affiliated with the official Evolution-X team.

link to kernel source: https://github.com/psybernetiq/kernel_google_redbull_tiramisu-pixel
    my other repos for the device and vendor are there as well.

downloads:
    flash the vendor_boot img. Then adb sideload the zip file in recovery.

Notes:
    BACKUP YOUR DATA FOR THIS BUILD. YOU WILL PROBABLY HAVE TO RESET YOUR DEVICE TO FLASH THS ROM. SORRY FOR INCONVENIENCE.
    I make reference to 9.9.9.9 (quad9 dns) rather than 1.1.1.1 (cloud flare) to 1 part in the code under bionic/libc/dns/net/getaddrinfo.c.
    I added bromite webview support (does not require you to be rooted)
    I added a flag called TARGET_IS_PIXEL_5 := true so that this device gets a hit to make persist.sys.disable_rescue=true. Without this, the device will boot but then reboot to recovery within ~10seconds.
    I did not add wireguard support to the kernel this time. Let me know if you want me to add it back in.
    passes safety net

The screen on my pixel 5 cracked back in March and I got a Pixel 7 Pro. I still have the pixel 5, though, and I tested this rom on the device before uploading and sharing here.
    The March update was super late coming from Google, and the Evolution-X team was making a bunch of changes during this time (and they still are.) So consider this release an off-cycle release.
    I was also having trouble building the ROM for a few weeks due to my laptop's RAM (32GB) being fried but not really making it clear to me that that was the problem. I had been using Qubes as my OS but have since gone back to good 'old Linux Mint. I liked Qubes but it's kinda a pain to constantly fuss with allocating the USB drives and I suspect the constant use of my 32GB of RAM to run all the virtual machines therein contributed to the premature death of my RAM cards (~1 yr old).
    I build this ROM in the same tree as for my Pixel 7 Pro, so I should continue to make updates going forward for the Pixel 5. I'm planning on adding the Pixel 3XL and OG Pixel ("sailfish") as well, since I own all those phones, too.
    Due to this trouble with my PC, the pathways to my keys (the ones you can see in /system/etc/security/otacerts.zip, you can see it includes the entire pathway where the keys are actually located in my PC) changed and I think that's why you have to clear data on this ROM. I'm also using a different Github repo now, too, as part of a rebranding process I'm doing.

Enjoy!
    Will there be any future updates for this ROM?
    UPDATED FOR JANUARY 2023

Notes:
    Lots of new stuff in this version
    new launcher packed with lots of new customization options
    lock screen clock fonts
    shortcut presentation options
    ...and more!

I added bromite webview
    I deleted turboadapter/device health services because it kept crashing and presentiting an an screen alert indicating such that required user action to dismiss each instance (only occurred every 5-10 min but still annoying)
    I added wireguard support to the kernel
    I noticed it no longer passes safety net. It's possible I didn't inlcude something in porting this ROM that is needed to pass this (aka the right fingerprint). If I fix that I'll update this post. Otherwise I leave you to your own devices to address this if passing is important to you.
    If someone else can vouch that they were able to flash ontop of their previous version, that would be appreciated. Until someone indicates it works, I can't say for sure whether or not you will lose data flashing this. (I signed it with the same keys as before so I think it will be ok but someone on here needs to verify)

I didn't update last month because I switched my laptop from linux mint to QubesOS. There was a bit of a learning curve for me in adopting QubesOS but am back on track now. I built this ROM in a paravirtualized debain 11 system on this laptop (AMD processor and 32GB RAM by crucial)

Enjoy!
    February 2023 update is available now, see first post.
    there haven't been any updates for a couple of months due to couple of things:
    my RAM burnt out on me but wasn't clear to me for a while that that was the problem. the official team was also around the same time doing major rework of this ROM due to changes with qpr2.
    the screen on my pixel 5 broke, so I replaced it with a pixel 7 pro.
    they're still doing major changes to the ROM right now, for example, they're bringing back the evo launcher. I could make the ROM but it probably won't work well due to the main repo being in a state of flux.
    I'll try and update this ROM for the pixel 5 when the changes settle down