[ROM][13][UNOFFICIAL] RisingOS v1.1 for Lenovo P2 [DISCONTINUED]

Search This thread

tobago2013

Jul 2, 2013
@Astridxx thanks so much for your amazing work - this is hands-down among the best ROMs I've come across so far. Needed a bit of accustomisation, as the navigation style is just oddly different when coming from LineageOS 18.1 ... 😅 but definitely worth the move!

Only downside for me is that dirty flash/upgrades from previous versions seem to make the resulting install rather buggy, not quite sure why ... (e.g. after upgrade from your Jan 2023 to Feb 2023 version, the launcher becomes quite unstable and erratic).

Clean installs work fine, but this of course means having to go through manual app reinstall etc., which can be a bit of a nuisance, and I have yet to find a reliable backup/restore option that would allow me to carry over personal settings/data ... (have tried Migrate & Titanium Backup, both of which fail at proper restoration of user data, unfortunately).

That said, it's still an amazing project, and allows us to keep our Lenovo P2s up-to-date - thank you very much! 🙏🏽

Reactions: eried1

yamamototoshi

Jun 3, 2018
Odessa
здравствуйте, существенный баг, часто тупит при разблокировке!
sometimes writes ui system error

murat16

Nov 9, 2022
Can the information area in this section be closed?
20230308101305.png

yamamototoshi

Jun 3, 2018
Odessa
это лучший опыт, пожалуйста, исправьте ошибку зависания пользовательского интерфейса системы!

eried1

May 27, 2016
Stockholm
@Astridxx thanks so much for your amazing work - this is hands-down among the best ROMs I've come across so far. Needed a bit of accustomisation, as the navigation style is just oddly different when coming from LineageOS 18.1 ... 😅 but definitely worth the move!

Only downside for me is that dirty flash/upgrades from previous versions seem to make the resulting install rather buggy, not quite sure why ... (e.g. after upgrade from your Jan 2023 to Feb 2023 version, the launcher becomes quite unstable and erratic).

Clean installs work fine, but this of course means having to go through manual app reinstall etc., which can be a bit of a nuisance, and I have yet to find a reliable backup/restore option that would allow me to carry over personal settings/data ... (have tried Migrate & Titanium Backup, both of which fail at proper restoration of user data, unfortunately).

That said, it's still an amazing project, and allows us to keep our Lenovo P2s up-to-date - thank you very much! 🙏🏽
How is this ROM performing batterywise compared to LOS18.1?

yamamototoshi

Jun 3, 2018
Odessa
форматирование даты f2s и отсутствие зависания при разблокировке, а также отсутствие системной ошибки пользовательского интерфейса

D

Deleted member 12580645

Good Morning Everyone, Good Morning Astridxx!!!

I understand that the installation the same as for LineageOS via TWRP?

Greetings to All .... !

Ps.
Please forgive me , I write through transl. and do not read all posts due to poor English proficiency.

D

Deleted member 12580645

Good Morning !!

Yes , I did everything as expected but I went back to LineageOS 20 because there the system does not at all force some face sknking etc.
It seemed to me that the domain as in the case of LineageOS is to maintain a certain privacy and in the case of Rising I felt discomfort at the very start and initial configuration of the system after by forcing rigid settings of sknking the face etc.

Of course, if one likes to give away one's privacy like fingerprint or face scanning then go ahead, I am not at all comfortable with this system on the go.

Despite All I accept, unconditionally love , respect and am grateful for the work done on this system but I do not need it at all, I prefer the traditional LineageOS.

I sincerely greet You and Wish You a pleasant Life to All !!

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

RisingOS for Lenovo P2a42 [kuntao]

What is RisingOS?
    * RisingOS is An OpenSource Aftermarket Android Operating System that aims to deliver unique and refreshing android experience.

What is RiseUI?

* RiseUI is the name for our firmware skin/user interface.

Based on Android 13 | Tiramisu

What's working?

Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    Volte
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Sound/vibration

What's not working?

Storage encryption ( FDE was deprecated in a13 )
    GPU monitoring ( 4.9 kernel reqiued for this )

Download

RisingOS-v1.1-Kuntao-a13
    Update:

Download rom: RiceDroid-8.6-kuntao-a13

Changelog:
    Code:
    • Fixed bluetooth call
    • Fixed jittery UI during screen recorder
    • Fixed issue with DeskClock not playing alarm sound if increasing sound option is used
    • Enabled riceDroid doze customizations
    New update:

Download: RiceDroid-Kuntao-a13

Changelog:
    Code:
    • Merged February security patch
    • Fixed Traffic indicator
    New update:

Download: RisingOS-v1.1-Kuntao-a13

Changelog:
    Code:
    • initial RisingOS build