[ROM][13][UNOFFICIAL][STABLE] LineageOS 20

Search This thread
Aug 20, 2022
It looks like if you enable reading mode/night light/dim screen FOD stops working. Also lift to check phone, long press on fingerprint sensor to unlock phone features do not work.

xdaattah

Oct 26, 2019
Helle everyone,
I intalled lineage 20, android 13 on GALAXY SM-A705FN.. the booting was successfull. Things worked fine but, there some important apps that I can not let go of.
1... I installed smart switch on the phone in order to restore me back up through the other smsrt switch on pc....BUT It did not work, the smart switch on PC could not recognized the phone nor the smart app in the phone...that means I will loss my everything backed up if I should continue using lineage os on the galaxy A70.
2... The lineage os does not give any nearby setting to switch between the two sims...it stucked to only one sim for browsing...that means you are not given opportunity to switch to the second sim for internet browsing....
PLEASE..., try to rectify the issues. Thanks for good work.

rttxda

Neither of those are a device issue and I doubt that smart switch works properly on aosp due to it being Samsung's proprietary app, meant to be used on their official FW. I'd suggest doing backups with other apps or through google if you use gapps. You can also switch the sim used for browsing in Settings>Network>SIM cards.

Damon1

Mar 6, 2023
My A70 has been working amazing this changing over to this rom. Everything is working great, however when I'm on call the other person has been experiencing quality issues such as echo's. Especially when they are on speaker. Is there any reason why this may be occurring?

rttxda

My A70 has been working amazing this changing over to this rom. Everything is working great, however when I'm on call the other person has been experiencing quality issues such as echo's. Especially when they are on speaker. Is there any reason why this may be occurring?
That's the tradeoff we have to put up with currently, since we use oss audio instead of samsung's (that one had problems with Bluetooth calls over voip). I'd suggest using a pair of earphones, or alternatively returning to a previous build which used Samsung's audio at the cost of bluetooth.

Damon1

Mar 6, 2023
That's the tradeoff we have to put up with currently, since we use oss audio instead of samsung's (that one had problems with Bluetooth calls over voip). I'd suggest using a pair of earphones, or alternatively returning to a previous build which used Samsung's audio at the cost of bluetooth.
Thanks. Might have to go back to the stock rom because of this. Unfortently i've got people from work complaining of problems hearing me and I also require bluetooth to be connected in the car to receive calls on the go.

Reactions: rttxda

TestUserG

Sep 7, 2022
@rttxda will you push an update of latest fixes of PE (fod dimming, ...) to los (preferably with march security update) when you have time?

Damon1

Mar 6, 2023
So i've managed to deal with the echo problem by just slightly turning the volume down on calls to the point where the other person can't hear themselves. Looks like it was only a problem with loud calls, and I can still easily hear them with the volume down.

Another problem i've experienced is having a call on Bluetooth in the car, while the other person is on speaker. On my end, I can barely hear the other person with them jumping in and out every single word with lots of static when they talk. On their end, they can't hear me at all. Worked before I changed over to this rom, so i'm not too sure if its an issue with this rom, or theres something weird going on. Works fine if they aren't on speaker.

Also, which is more of a stable rom to use for full time use? I've been loving this one, but if PE is a better and more developed rom (must have bluetooth and calls working fine), then i'd rather use it.

Reactions: DiEGo7SiLVa

NoobMaster05

Feb 28, 2023
I can't install the February update.When I click install,it shows applying update even though its not updated.Is the inbuilt updater broken?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230313-220222_Updater.png
    Screenshot_20230313-220222_Updater.png
    86.6 KB · Views: 62
Reactions: DiEGo7SiLVa

rttxda

I can't install the February update.When I click install,it shows applying update even though its not updated.Is the inbuilt updater broken?
It works for me but iirc the current zip uploaded for ota is slightly out of date with what the updater expects. To check if you actually are on the latest version, check the about phone section in settings, it should show 20230202 there.

arkadione

Jun 28, 2020
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
Has anybody had issues with very large photo sizes?

I have recently noticed that my photos are about 47 MB per photo. With a previous ROM, not this one, photos were only about 7 MB.

I tried using Open Camera (from Fdroid and Google Play), and Stock Camera. They both make photos that are 47.5 MB large when I do the 3264 x 2448 pixel size.

I tried using Simple Camera and it's only 500 KB. That's way too low.

Last edited:

cool sky

Jul 24, 2016
When I unlock the phone, The screen brightness often goes too low or too high on its own, and I have to readjust it again, Sometimes but rarely It does that randomly! Is there a way to fix this issue?

Last edited:
Reactions: KewlCustomRomGuy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner-los.jpg

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 13, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

What is working:
    - WiFi
    - DualSIM, including calls on both SIMs
    - Bluetooth
    - NFC
    - Camera
    - Sound
    - GPS
    - Fingerprint scanner
    - Sensors
    - SD cards
    - Double tap to wake
    - Data encryption
    - SELinux enforcing
    - OTA updates
    - Signature spoofing: microG support
    - Most other basic stuff

This port is now considered stable and focus is shifted to making good quality Android 14-based roms.

Known issues:
    - VoLTE ;)

Installation guide:

1. Recommended Samsung firmware version is A705FNXXU5DWB4, but it will work on slightly older versions too.​

Make sure that the bootloader is unlocked.​

--

2. Boot the phone into download mode. Flash Lineage recovery through AP button in Odin.​

Download here.

Note: Use TWRP at your own risk! It does not properly support new A13 roms with the latest changes.
    Use Lineage recovery for the best experience, otherwise don't complain if your phone bootloops.
    --

3. Boot into recovery (Vol+ and Power while USB is plugged into PC)​

Note: Samsung's OneUI wipes the custom recovery partition and possibly vbmeta while booting so try not to reboot into Android.
    --

4. Format data and system in the recovery​

--

5. Flash the rom in "Apply update" menu.​

There are 2 ways to install:
    • On the phone: Copy the zip to a FAT32-formatted microSD card and install it in recovery.
    • With a PC: Use for example Minimal ADB on Windows. Open "cmd-here" and type
      Code:
      adb sideload <rom-file>
      where <rom-file> is the filename (drag-and-drop the zip file into cmd window).
    --

6. (Optional) Flash add-ons such as Google apps or Magisk in the same way that you flashed the rom.​

We now have a working ramdisk so newest Magisk works fine ^^
    --

7. Reboot and enjoy :)

Downloads:

ROM: lineage-20.0-20231209-UNOFFICIAL-a70q.zip

Recovery: lineage-20.0-20230619-recovery-a70q.tar

* Want to test Android 14? See here.

Changelog:

Like my work? Consider donating 😊

Credits:
    * @rttxda @ataberkozen @haky 86
    * @Grarak for the original 17.1 trees
    * @Simon1511 for his help with fixing some nasty bugs
    * All other Lineage devs

Source code
    https://github.com/LineageOS
    https://github.com/rtd1250/android_device_samsung_a70q
    https://github.com/rtd1250/android_kernel_samsung_sm6150
    https://github.com/rtd1250/proprietary_vendor_samsung_a70q

Other info
    OS version: Android 13
    Linux version: 4.14.190
    Recommended firmware: A705FNXXU5DWB4
    Build date: 09.12.2023
    Any chance of the fingerprint changes from PE coming to this rom?
    August update is now available, fixing the occasional brightness changes when unlocking the phone. It should start showing up in the updater app in Settings.
    all good on the a70 (sm-a705mn) for now🙂
    thanks for the rom
    Thanks, due to needing Volte for calls and texts, now that 3g is shut down, looks like im stuck using stock. ☹️
    Apart from that, only thing you could do is use OneUI mods.. volte might happen one day if someone takes the time to reverse engineer it but so far we're out of luck. This is a problem on every samsung device on AOSP, and with other makes, YMMV.