[ROM][13][UNOFFICIAL][STABLE] LineageOS 20

Search This thread

rttxda

read before downloading unannounced releases?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230104-194302_Chrome.png
    Screenshot_20230104-194302_Chrome.png
    279.1 KB · Views: 137
Bluetooth calls don't seem to work at all.
Sometimes I can't hear anything at all, but most of the time the sound comes out of the default phone speaker instead of the bluetooth device.
Tried some workarounds from other roms or devices but no luck.

Was not able to grab logcat yet, but if required I can try to get one.

This issue also existed in LOS 19.

Last edited:
Reactions: rttxda

rttxda

Bluetooth calls don't seem to work at all.
Sometimes I can't hear anything at all, but most of the time the sound comes out of the default phone speaker instead of the bluetooth device.
Tried some workarounds from other roms or devices but no luck.

Was not able to grab logcat yet, but if required I can try to get one.

This issue also existed in LOS 19.
Which app are you testing it with? Ever since switching to Samsung's audio for DualSIM support, there have been problems with BT audio. Unfortunately I can't test 'normal' calls, but I've tested a call over FB Messenger which worked fine. Needless to say I'll continue working on this.

rttxda

New update is out, with lots of improvements and changes, such as microG support and encryption fix. See the changelog for more info.

Unfortunately, it requires a recovery update and a clean flash due to filesystem-related changes, so please back up your data before updating!
Upgrade process is basically: reflash new recovery, wipe data, flash the .zip, like in install guide.
This shouldn't be an issue in the future builds, sorry for the inconvenience.

I've also added a donation link to OP in case you want to send an additional thank you for the Android 12 and 13 bringup work ;)

• Love
Reactions: KewlCustomRomGuy

steford

Apr 29, 2006
Really enjoying LOS on my a70 for the first time. Thanks.
I just noticed that when adding a card to GPay I'm getting a security message saying payments can't be made due to root or modification. I am not rooted. There was no issue with GPay on PE13 (unrooted).
Any way I can get this to work?

Thanks.

rttxda

Really enjoying LOS on my a70 for the first time. Thanks.
I just noticed that when adding a card to GPay I'm getting a security message saying payments can't be made due to root or modification. I am not rooted. There was no issue with GPay on PE13 (unrooted).
Any way I can get this to work?

Thanks.
That's because Lineage doesn't fake system props like PE does:
(there are workarounds for lineage too, though)

Anyone already did that update and can check if BT calls work? Having to do a full reset on this device is not really a great thing at the moment for me. I might do that update in a month no matter if it works or not tho
There haven't been any bluetooth changes in this build unfortunately so the bug still stands in known issues. Also back up your data because of the wiping bug that affected the November build!

Last edited:

rttxda

New update is out, fixing Bluetooth calls over VOIP and the audio output picker. It should start popping up on eligible devices as an OTA update.

If your phone doesn't show the update, you're likely on an older build and need clean flashing.
Side note for OTA updater: the update gets installed after first try so don't try to install it twice, I'll correct this problem likely tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: KewlCustomRomGuy

jtdxa

Jan 20, 2023
Does the latest build can be flashed via twrp? Or need the lineage recovery ?
In the installation guide in first page, the developer has mentioned use TWRP at own risk as there are chances for bootloops. Better go with the lineage recovery for a smooth experience. TWRP does not mostly support the new rom due to file extension or some changes made. Choice is yours either lineage recover or TWRP

Reactions: rttxda

minazuki778

Feb 6, 2023

In the installation guide in first page, the developer has mentioned use TWRP at own risk as there are chances for bootloops. Better go with the lineage recovery for a smooth experience. TWRP does not mostly support the new rom due to file extension or some changes made. Choice is yours either lineage recover or TWRP
Yes bro i followed the instruction and installed the rom via lineage recovery and everything done perfectly, Ty.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner-los.jpg

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 13, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

What is working:
    - WiFi
    - DualSIM, including calls on both SIMs
    - Bluetooth
    - NFC
    - Camera
    - Sound
    - GPS
    - Fingerprint scanner
    - Sensors
    - SD cards
    - Double tap to wake
    - Data encryption
    - SELinux enforcing
    - OTA updates
    - Signature spoofing: microG support
    - Most other basic stuff

This port is now considered stable and focus is shifted to making good quality Android 14-based roms.

Known issues:
    - VoLTE ;)

Installation guide:

1. Recommended Samsung firmware version is A705FNXXU5DWB4, but it will work on slightly older versions too.​

Make sure that the bootloader is unlocked.​

--

2. Boot the phone into download mode. Flash Lineage recovery through AP button in Odin.​

Download here.

Note: Use TWRP at your own risk! It does not properly support new A13 roms with the latest changes.
    Use Lineage recovery for the best experience, otherwise don't complain if your phone bootloops.
    --

3. Boot into recovery (Vol+ and Power while USB is plugged into PC)​

Note: Samsung's OneUI wipes the custom recovery partition and possibly vbmeta while booting so try not to reboot into Android.
    --

4. Format data and system in the recovery​

--

5. Flash the rom in "Apply update" menu.​

There are 2 ways to install:
    • On the phone: Copy the zip to a FAT32-formatted microSD card and install it in recovery.
    • With a PC: Use for example Minimal ADB on Windows. Open "cmd-here" and type
      Code:
      adb sideload <rom-file>
      where <rom-file> is the filename (drag-and-drop the zip file into cmd window).
    --

6. (Optional) Flash add-ons such as Google apps or Magisk in the same way that you flashed the rom.​

We now have a working ramdisk so newest Magisk works fine ^^
    --

7. Reboot and enjoy :)

Downloads:

ROM: lineage-20.0-20231209-UNOFFICIAL-a70q.zip

Recovery: lineage-20.0-20230619-recovery-a70q.tar

* Want to test Android 14? See here.

Changelog:

Like my work? Consider donating 😊

Credits:
    * @rttxda @ataberkozen @haky 86
    * @Grarak for the original 17.1 trees
    * @Simon1511 for his help with fixing some nasty bugs
    * All other Lineage devs

Source code
    https://github.com/LineageOS
    https://github.com/rtd1250/android_device_samsung_a70q
    https://github.com/rtd1250/android_kernel_samsung_sm6150
    https://github.com/rtd1250/proprietary_vendor_samsung_a70q

Other info
    OS version: Android 13
    Linux version: 4.14.190
    Recommended firmware: A705FNXXU5DWB4
    Build date: 09.12.2023
    Any chance of the fingerprint changes from PE coming to this rom?
    August update is now available, fixing the occasional brightness changes when unlocking the phone. It should start showing up in the updater app in Settings.
    all good on the a70 (sm-a705mn) for now🙂
    thanks for the rom
    Thanks, due to needing Volte for calls and texts, now that 3g is shut down, looks like im stuck using stock. ☹️
    Apart from that, only thing you could do is use OneUI mods.. volte might happen one day if someone takes the time to reverse engineer it but so far we're out of luck. This is a problem on every samsung device on AOSP, and with other makes, YMMV.