MSM-Xtended-640x360.jpg

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Flashing Instructions
- Download the latest build
- Reboot to recovery.
- Wipe system, vendor, cache, dalvik
- Format data (By typing yes)
- Flash rom.
- Reboot

• ROM OS Version: Android 13
  • ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x
  • Latest Release Date: 18 September 2022
  • Kernel Source code: Link
  • Source code: Link

Downloads:
Link

sameidandpw

Dec 1, 2022
Here's my experience with Xtended-XT-v1-FirstBlood-VANILLA-tulip-OFFICIAL-20220918-1349.zip

- flashing required me to remove the 1st line of the file "updater-script" inside the .zip ROM, otherwise I'd get error "E3004: This package is for device: tulip; this device is twolip."
- upon installation it thinks automatically connecting to your mobile data is a good idea (unwanted connections can incur in money waste with some data plans)
- no Bluetooth Audio Codecs listed in the Developer Options so I assume it doesn't work ("Gray-out means not supported by phone or headset")
- Night Light is iffy, must turn it ON manually at every phone boot, and in certain situations it turns itself OFF
- double tapping the top right/top left corner to turn off the screen will open the clock or the battery menus instead, like 30% of the times
- the brightness of the "app list menu from the home screen" (scroll from down to up) doesn't lit right, like 30% of the times
- buggy default camera app, gets stuck in the same frame most of the time
- signature spoofing for microG was more painful to implement than expected considering the ROM supposedly supports it (had to install Magisk -> microG Installer Revived -> LSPosed -> FakeGApps)
- the Contacts app says "You have disabled a required permission" when trying to import contacts from a .vcf file (can use an external app for it though like "am.ed.importcontacts")
- GSam Battery Monitor incorrectly shows 0% screen battery consumption
- Greenify kills phone calls (no interface to answer them if you receive a phone call while the screen is OFF but you can still hear the ringtone), maybe not a MSMXtended-related problem but it drove me so insane it's worth mentioning (Greenify with the same settings worked fine in Android 11 LineageOS and Android 12 ArrowOS)
- Magisk works, but refuses to update from 25.0 to 25.2 from the Update button inside the app (crashes at every attempt). No big deal and maybe not MSM's fault, but I'm just saying
- why would the supposedly degoogled "vanilla" ROM use Gboard when OpenBoard exists?
- WTF is the pre-installed Via Browser? Just give me a real one like Chromium or Bromite or Fennec F-Droid

As expected, this old phone getting Android 13 support so soon was too good to be true. Stay away.

Last edited:
Reactions: bingo1951

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's my experience with Xtended-XT-v1-FirstBlood-VANILLA-tulip-OFFICIAL-20220918-1349.zip

- flashing required me to remove the 1st line of the file "updater-script" inside the .zip ROM, otherwise I'd get error "E3004: This package is for device: tulip; this device is twolip."
    - upon installation it thinks automatically connecting to your mobile data is a good idea (unwanted connections can incur in money waste with some data plans)
    - no Bluetooth Audio Codecs listed in the Developer Options so I assume it doesn't work ("Gray-out means not supported by phone or headset")
    - Night Light is iffy, must turn it ON manually at every phone boot, and in certain situations it turns itself OFF
    - double tapping the top right/top left corner to turn off the screen will open the clock or the battery menus instead, like 30% of the times
    - the brightness of the "app list menu from the home screen" (scroll from down to up) doesn't lit right, like 30% of the times
    - signature spoofing for microG was more painful to implement than expected considering the ROM supposedly supports it (had to install Magisk -> microG Installer Revived -> LSPosed -> FakeGApps)
    - the Contacts app says "You have disabled a required permission" when trying to import contacts from a .vcf file (can use an external app for it though like "am.ed.importcontacts")
    - Greenify kills phone calls (no interface to answer them if you receive a phone call while the screen is OFF but you can still hear the ringtone), maybe not a MSMXtended-related problem but it drove me so insane it's worth mentioning (Greenify with the same settings worked fine in Android 11 LineageOS and Android 12 ArrowOS)
    - Magisk works, but refuses to update from 25.0 to 25.2 from the Update button inside the app (crashes at every attempt). No big deal and maybe not MSM's fault, but I'm just saying
    - why would the supposedly degoogled "vanilla" ROM use Gboard when OpenBoard exists?
    - WTF is the pre-installed Via Browser? Just give me a real one like Chromium or Bromite or Fennec F-Droid

As expected, this old phone getting Android 13 support so soon was too good to be true. Stay away.
    Everything working ?