[ROM][13][XZ2C][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 20.0

Search This thread

userx404

I'm using my xz2c with this rom and everything is working great without any problems but today i tried to connect to the internet with LTE/4G first time and can't get any connection at all. What could be the problem?
Coming from LOS19 I'm also not able to get mobile data connection. Haven't noticed this because i'm usually on wifi.
I don't get any modem notification, maybe i've already disabled them on LOS19.
I was using wrong firmware
Did you come from stock FW or LOS19?

GT500s

Coming from LOS19 I'm also not able to get mobile data connection. Haven't noticed this because i'm usually on wifi.
I don't get any modem notification, maybe i've already disabled them on LOS19.

Did you come from stock FW or LOS19?
Flashed stock UK firmware with NewFlasher and then LOS20. Now it's working but i noticed that only 3G is working but when booting phone after LOS20 flashed and setting up the phone it was 4G. Don't know what is the problem but now at least i have mobile internet.

userx404

Flashed stock UK firmware with NewFlasher
To be clear: LOS19 -> Stock UK -> LOS20 ?

I went the sideload way due to dany's recommendation
Yep, no need to flash 10 Stock ROM when coming from Lineage 19.1 because you did it already before installing a previous Lineage version.
  • sideloaded LOS20
  • rebooted recovery
  • sideloaded mgapps for A13
  • rebooted system
I didn't flash any new recovery or magisk stuff.
@dtrunk90
Let me know if i could help to identify the issue

Modem notification:
Slot 0, S8611.1, File: default

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230111-161829_Telefondienste.png
    Screenshot_20230111-161829_Telefondienste.png
    243 KB · Views: 61

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
Again: No need to flash stock if you did it once before (except you've flashed something else in between LineageOS). LOS 19 -> LOS 20.

We don't have modem configs for S8611.1: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_sony_tama-common/tree/lineage-20/modem-config

If you can find a stock firmware from sony which contains this modem config let me know. But I've imported already all available modem configs from all available stock firmwares. At least for the tama devices (XZ2, XZ2 Compact, XZ2 Premium and XZ3). There's nothing I can do unfortunately.

You can try to add a config file but this file has to contain the path to the mbn file (from firmware partition). Look at the other files to get a clue on what it contains. Maybe you can find a mbn file which fits for you and reference it in a newly created modem config. If anything of that works for you feel free to let me know and I'll add it.

EDIT: maybe one of these:
Code:
./S137.1/modem.conf:1:mcfg_sw/generic/euro/dtelekom/vl/aut/mcfg_sw.mbn
./S136.1/modem.conf:1:mcfg_sw/generic/euro/a1/vlvw/aut/mcfg_sw.mbn

put it with root privileges to: /vendor/modemconf/S8611.1/modem.conf, reboot and test if VoLTE works.

Last edited:
Reactions: linuxistsuper

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
This was a question to GT500s. I didn't go the stock fw way.

Isn't the modemconfig something what shoudn't have changed during the update? With LOS 19 I hadn't any connection issues.

My budget provider doesn't offer VoLTE and my device isn't rooted.
The mbn files are part of the firmware which is from stock (since we don't ship firmware and that's one of the reasons you have to flash stock 10 before installing LineageOS - to get the firmware). So what's your issue exactly if your provider doesn't offer VoLTE?

userx404

The mbn files are part of the firmware which is from stock (since we don't ship firmware and that's one of the reasons you have to flash stock 10 before installing LineageOS - to get the firmware). So what's your issue exactly if your provider doesn't offer VoLTE?
I thougt it isn't offered but i just checked my roviders specs and corrected my post.
My issue is a none working mobile data connection.
Please check my attached screenshot in my post above. I've enabled mobile data but the info screen shows 'mobile data: not connected'.
@dtrunk90
If it helps i could send my logcat.

Edit:
Please be lenient - just digging into this the first time with a little of linux knowledge.
I've installed magisk manager, have root access via adb, have found the mbn's
(in ./data/vendor/modem_config/mcfg_sw/generic/euro/... and ./vendor/firmware_mnt/image/modem_pr/mcfg/configs/mcfg_sw/generic/euro/...) but now i want to create the new dir and cpy the cfg what isn't possible because of ro filesystem
Bash:
xz2c:/ #  mkdir /vendor/modemconf/S8611.1
mkdir: '/vendor/modemconf/S8611.1': Read-only file system

Does it need a rw remount?:rolleyes:
Can you give me a hint?
thx

Edit2:
Managed do try both suggested configs but none of them fixes my mobile data issue. :-/

Last edited:

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
LOS 20 is working great! Could you add these same commits to get wifi display working as you did in the 19.1 blobs?
Sorry I totally missed your post. I just tested Wfd on 20 and got a crash. The commits were done for 20 as well. The crash I got:
Code:
01-12 10:10:04.678  4168  4183 D WfdSession: Loading libwfdnative.so ...
01-12 10:10:04.733  4168  4183 E JavaBinder: *** Uncaught remote exception!  (Exceptions are not yet supported across processes.)
01-12 10:10:04.733  4168  4183 E JavaBinder: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dlopen failed: cannot locate symbol "_ZN7android11MotionEvent10initializeEiijiNSt3__15arrayIhLm32EEEiiiiiiNS_20MotionClassificationERKNS_2ui9TransformEffffiillmPKNS_17PointerPropertiesEPKNS_13PointerCoordsE" referenced by "/system/system_ext/lib64/libwfdnative.so"...
01-12 10:10:04.733  4168  4183 E JavaBinder:     at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:1077)
01-12 10:10:04.733  4168  4183 E JavaBinder:     at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:998)
01-12 10:10:04.733  4168  4183 E JavaBinder:     at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1661)
01-12 10:10:04.733  4168  4183 E JavaBinder:     at com.qualcomm.wfd.WFDSession.<clinit>(WFDSession.java:56)
01-12 10:10:04.733  4168  4183 E JavaBinder:     at com.qualcomm.wfd.WFDSession.createWFDSession(WFDSession.java:404)
01-12 10:10:04.733  4168  4183 E JavaBinder:     at com.qualcomm.wfd.service.SessionManagerService.setDeviceType(SessionManagerService.java:202)
01-12 10:10:04.733  4168  4183 E JavaBinder:     at com.qualcomm.wfd.service.ISessionManagerService$Stub.onTransact(ISessionManagerService.java:657)
01-12 10:10:04.733  4168  4183 E JavaBinder:     at android.os.Binder.execTransactInternal(Binder.java:1285)
01-12 10:10:04.733  4168  4183 E JavaBinder:     at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:1244)
--------- beginning of crash
01-12 10:10:04.735  4168  4183 E AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: binder:4168_3
01-12 10:10:04.735  4168  4183 E AndroidRuntime: Process: com.qualcomm.wfd.service:wfd_service, PID: 4168
01-12 10:10:04.735  4168  4183 E AndroidRuntime: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dlopen failed: cannot locate symbol "_ZN7android11MotionEvent10initializeEiijiNSt3__15arrayIhLm32EEEiiiiiiNS_20MotionClassificationERKNS_2ui9TransformEffffiillmPKNS_17PointerPropertiesEPKNS_13PointerCoordsE" referenced by "/system/system_ext/lib64/libwfdnative.so"...
01-12 10:10:04.735  4168  4183 E AndroidRuntime:     at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:1077)
01-12 10:10:04.735  4168  4183 E AndroidRuntime:     at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:998)
01-12 10:10:04.735  4168  4183 E AndroidRuntime:     at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1661)
01-12 10:10:04.735  4168  4183 E AndroidRuntime:     at com.qualcomm.wfd.WFDSession.<clinit>(WFDSession.java:56)
01-12 10:10:04.735  4168  4183 E AndroidRuntime:     at com.qualcomm.wfd.WFDSession.createWFDSession(WFDSession.java:404)
01-12 10:10:04.735  4168  4183 E AndroidRuntime:     at com.qualcomm.wfd.service.SessionManagerService.setDeviceType(SessionManagerService.java:202)
01-12 10:10:04.735  4168  4183 E AndroidRuntime:     at com.qualcomm.wfd.service.ISessionManagerService$Stub.onTransact(ISessionManagerService.java:657)
01-12 10:10:04.735  4168  4183 E AndroidRuntime:     at android.os.Binder.execTransactInternal(Binder.java:1285)
01-12 10:10:04.735  4168  4183 E AndroidRuntime:     at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:1244)
I'll check it later and put it on my todo list. Maybe we should move to GitLab issues because due to the number of posts here it's very confusing and I can miss stuff like that pretty quick.

Not sure why this was abandoned though https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_frameworks_native/+/337436

GT500s

I went the sideload way due to dany's recommendation

• sideloaded LOS20
  • rebooted recovery
  • sideloaded mgapps for A13
  • rebooted system
I didn't flash any new recovery or magisk stuff.
@dtrunk90
Let me know if i could help to identify the issue

Modem notification:
Slot 0, S8611.1, File: default
Unlocked my xz2c few days ago and flashed newest stock firmware from orange or something like that. Next flashed recovery for LOS20,flashed LOS20 rom,mind the gapps and magisk. Everything went well but couldn't connect to mobile network at all. Found UK stock firmware on Android 10 and flashed it. Next was same steps and now it's working almost perfect. I'm uing Lawnchair 12.1.0 Alpha 4 as provider. Today i was suprised that mobile network is suddenly working on 4G😁

userx404

So, another attempt:
I deleted my 8611.1 directory and undo all changes on FW partition from yesterday.
I did a factory reset and downgraded to LOS19 and checked modem config.
Mobile data connection is working on LOS19 with the same Open Devices ModemConfig:
Modem: S8611.1
FW file: default

Again, a factory reset and sideloaded LOS20 -> same modemConfig as in 19 but no working mobile data.

Afterwards I did some tests after flashing stock and LOS:
stock -> los19 -> mobile data ok
stock -> los20 -> mobile data not working

Sadly I have to go back to 19 for now.

GT500s

Strange things happened yesterday with my xz2c . When ended phone call with my friend the phone suddenly freez and couldn't do anything . Did VOLUP+POWER for 20 Seconds and vibrates 3 times . Booting phone with no sim card connected issue and no wifi signals . Flashed same stock firmware with newflasher and phone boots longer with same issue no sim card and no wifi signals . Phone boots to system but shutting down and restarting all the time . Tried other stock roms but same with no sim and wifi . Using my xz1c for now so i know sim card is ok. Is my phone just BRICKED ? Some hardware is down ?

... Tried soooo many stock roms and same thing . Only stable that is not rebooting phone is CE1 stock on Android 8 but still NO SIM CARD AND WIFI CONNECTION.

( 14.01.2022 ) " Android setup isn't responding " after flashing stock UK Android 10 . Phone restarts randomly but when setup is going there is NO SIM CARD and NO WIFI CONNECTIONS . I can flash recovery and LS20 but when booting to system ity always crashes at LOS logo . Tried flashing with flashtool and newflasher but always same result.
I need a break :coffee:

Last edited:

DrTrax

Jan 23, 2013
GT-i9250
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
My phone bricked itself on LOS 20....

Suddenly Bluetooth wasn't working anymore, refused to connect to any device so I decided to reboot the phone... BOOTLOOP!

I reinstalled LOS 20 with BiTGApps and Magisk => Bootloop
Without Magisk or BiTGApps => Bootloop

Switch to slot a where LOS 19 was installed => Bootloop...

So... <rant about TWRP> yeah... anyone had the same issue with BiTGApps?
I usually use OpenGApps but they officially don't have a stable release for Android 13...
MindTheGApps is a bit bloated... and I still don't know how to get microG workin
Issue solved, MindTheGApps solved the bootloop and all of my Apps/Files are still there :)

Recommend Swift Backup instead of TitaniumBackup due to compatibility issues!

GT500s

So maybe i need to try other methods without need of relocking bootloader. Just looking for any solution to fix problem with my xz2c . Saw on other forums that some people had same problem with so sim card and wifi. Don't know if hardware issue or not. Trying over and over with custom roms but when flashing LOS it freezes at logo all the time. On stock rom there is no sim card and no wifi and phone reboots itself. Wanted to try fix with Xperia Companion but can't do with unlocked bootloader. Any idea , tips that i can try ?
Everything was great after succesful flashing LOS20 to my xz2c and i was using phone for maybe two days and then when ended phone call xz2c freezes and next was no sim card and wifi .

Last edited:

dtrunk90

Oct 29, 2021
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Xperia XZ2
As far i found this article

Fix Network WiFi Calls Issue by Flashing Modem File​

How can i try if this soulution will work on my xz2c?
That just describes the step of flashing part of the stock firmware. That's why you have to flash stock firmware before installing LineageOS. We don't ship firmware so this is a required step. Just find a stock firmware where you have signal (you can boot it once to make sure) and then simply do the rest. It's all described in the wiki and i wouldn't recommend doing such stuff if you don't know exactly what you're doing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disable pre-installed apps. Either in settings or through adb (end of this off topic discussion)
    Hi. Yesterday I updated to newest LOS20, and today I recognized that I don't have access to folders in Android/data/....
    The LOS20 version that I used before didn't denied the access.
    I am using Root explorer, and my mobile is rooted.

Has anybody else that problem?

Edit: just checked my Samsung S10e, Android 12 with Stock-Rom and not rooted. Same situation on that phone, and - I am not 100% sure - but as far as I remember I had at least read-access to Android/Data/. But now also no access.
    So maybe Google itself has something changed.
    And I also checked not other explorer-apps (ES explorer and Google file) but no success.
    Has nothing to do with the ROM itself. Google changed the way Apps can access storage. It's called scoped storage.
    Grymt tack!
    And for other readers sake, does the lineageOS improve performance.
    As it is now I need a task killer to regularly kill apps since they slow everything down to a crawl.
    5-10s to even open some apps.
    Yes, on my phone this rom has definitely improved performance, it's very smooth and responsive and lots of RAM left . Only things that are slightly worse are fingerprint reader and camera, which both work fine but better in stock. But small price to pay.

Also, I have volte working (halebop /telia ) which was a dealbreaker for me, I did start it at stock first to make sure it was working and it kept working after install. So all in all a great rom and definitely a daily driver!
    I'm absolute newbie in such questions - need info, please!

If I do all steps and Install LineageOS 20 on my xz2с. And afterwards wants to return to stock system - is is doable or this is oneway road?
    You can always flash stock rom with xperifirm + newflasher but be aware that the TA partition gets erased once the bootloader will be unlocked and there's no way back yet. And I don't think there will ever be a way to restore the TA partition or re-lock the bootloader on such an old phone. So, it's a yes and a no. You can go back to stock fw but cannot re-lock bootloader + restore TA partition.
    From what I found, I understand (?) that TA partition store DRM keys. But what do I need it for exactly? I've found info that camera would not work without it. Is it true? But what aside from that?
    No, those DRM keys are mainly for some advanced features like camera noise reduction algorithms and the like. The camera itself will work but the quality isn't exactly the same as on stock fw.
    And regarding re-locking bootloader. I've managed to find info that it may pose a security risk if someone malicious get physically my phone. But what else?
    In order to install a custom ROM you have to flash a custom recovery first. Because the stock one will verify the build keys and refuse to install it. And in order to flash a custom recovery you have to unlock the bootloader.
    If someone has physical access to your phone he can also unlock the bootloader and flash custom stuff. That's not a security risk and only an argument from companies who ban these devices from their apps.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    About LineageOS
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 13.x (T),
    which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo.
    And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website : https://lineageos.org/
    About LineageOS Legal : https://lineageos.org/legal/

Important Information
    1. This ROM will never work with any versions of Google Camera (GCam)!
    2. You need to flash Stock Android 10 before flashing this ROM.

Downloads Links
    LineageOS 20.0:
    Official builds:
    Link

Google Applications (optional):
    MindTheGapps:
    https://wiki.lineageos.org/gapps
    Information: Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Flashing and updating
    Please refer to the official installation guide at https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/xz2c

Pass SafetyNet
    Some apps like banking/payment apps or games require to pass SafetyNet.

1. Download the latest release of ih8sn here.
    2. Replace the whole content of system/etc/ih8sn.conf inside the zip file with:
    Code:
    # Does not work anymore as of 2023-11-15
    # BUILD_FINGERPRINT=Sony/H8324/H8324:8.0.0/51.1.A.3.159/620448843:user/release-keys
    BUILD_FINGERPRINT=google/bullhead/bullhead:8.0.0/OPR6.170623.013/4283548:user/release-keys
    PRODUCT_DEVICE=bullhead
    PRODUCT_MODEL=Nexus 5X
    PRODUCT_NAME=bullhead
    BUILD_TAGS=release-keys
    BUILD_TYPE=user
    DEBUGGABLE=0
    3. Install the zip file through recovery.

Issues and reports
    Report issues only if you are using the ROM kernel
    If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    Share a log of the error with Logcat for example

Also thanks to:
    Olivier
    Sjll
    The LineageOS Team
    The CyanogenMod Team
    Everyone involved in working and testing

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage 20.0 for Xperia XZ2 Compact, ROM for the Xperia XZ2 Compact

Contributors

dtrunk90
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

Donation
    https://paypal.me/dtrunk90

ROM OS Version: Android 13
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9
    ROM Firmware Required: Official Android 10.0 firmware
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2022-10-23
    Last Updated 2023-11-22
    First official build will be available on Friday! I've already updated this thread so I don't have to do it later.
    @dtrunk90
    Are you also still running XZ2c as your daily driver? Not sure this already has been asked at some point but do you have plans about pushing this device to LOS 21?
    Yes, it's still my daily driver. It was asked in other threads already. It's planned but no ETAs.
    Thanks for your work, I have been using your build since android 11, will this a13 version become an official build? (Machine Flip)
    Yes, should get the first official build in some days: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/hudson/+/346756
    @dtrunk90 ,
    Your xperiance camera module is abandoned and 120fps & 960fps recording has not been solved, correct? I believe there are encoding/decoding (a .so somehwere) libraries missing.
    Correct. But feel free to fork the project and give it a try if you want. It's all open source. Unfortunately I don't have the time to keep working on everything.