[ROM][14-02-13][Flinny] Andromadus - AOSP4.2.2[9]

Search This thread

Flinny

Recognized Developer
Nov 22, 2011
Sunderland
Sony Xperia 1 III
Andromadus - Test Builds

To start with here you will find test versions of ROMs built by me from the Andromadus github repo http://github.com/Andromadus, think of them along the same concept as nightly builds just not every night These are development ROM's, if you want to run bleeding edge development ROM's and at least know how to use adb and logcat then you might find something of interest here. If you require something that works 100% of the time all of the time then this might not be for you. That said you can always give it a try and if it doesn't work restore your previous nandroid backup!

What IS Andromadus?
Initially it was a group of people who got together to make ICS work on the HTC Desire Z because nobody else seemed to want to support devices with physical hardware keyboards/trackpads. Whilst the idea stays the same It has grown slightly to support some other hardware and some of the work we have done is now used in many other devices. Andromadus builds of CM10 or CM10.1 are basically CM sources with a few additional tweaks or additions to support our phones.

1. New versions will be added as and when I feel there are enough changes to warrant one, don’t ask when the next version is coming.

2. If we decide to release a "Stable" version of these roms they will be published in another Andromadus thread.
Direct all your queries with release versions to that thread and in the same vain do not discuss these releases anywhere but here.

3. I will do as best I can to answer questions but if you don't get an answer from me I'm sure somebody else will be along to help. Help each other and I have more time to spend fixing things!

4. Don't ask for what's changed since the previous version, have a look at the recent submits on the Andromadus github if you want to know or wait for the mini changelogs when I post a new release.

5. If there is something in particular to test it'll be mentioned!

6. As always if you didn't wipe between installations then at least verify that the problem exists on a clean install before posting here. Nandroid/superwipe/install/check at the end of the day you can always restore your nandroid if the problem is reproducible on a clean installation. If you can't be bothered to try this then I really can't be bothered to try to help you :>

7. All that said ensure you make a nandroid/backup before hand. I take no responsibility for what you do to your phone with these ROM.

8. Whilst I can't stop you I would rather these builds were not used as a base for any ROM/MOD/ETC. The source is all available if you want to do your own builds with which you can do whatever you like.

9. Tell us what works/what's worse/what's better but don't ***** when something breaks or isn't fixed yet, report it and move on.

10. Sometimes people forget that we do this for fun, for ourselves, and sometimes your super important issue is way down on our personal list of things to be fixed.

If you ignore any of the above you will in turn be ignored.

Now that's all out of the way as always have fun

As usual you need to flash the ROM then GAPPS.

Checkout http://andromadus.flinny.org for links/files/changelog's

This a team/community effort, I'll not list everyone who has helped along the way here that list is in the beta thread but I will say thanks to all of them again and obviously anyone that has been missed.

Last edited:

Cyclone_storm

Dec 27, 2008
Hi Flinny, great job on the AOSP builds they are running perfect. I only had one satback sins build 4. Suddenly my gallery stopt working and dropbox to. Because of the gallery problem my camera won't boot either. I flashed build 5 but I had the same problem. Build 4 was flashed with a full wipe and build 5 was flashed as update that the reason of course why the problem didn't left but sometimes it helps ;) Does this sound familiar? Greetz Munky :D :D :D

mrbelou

Dec 25, 2008
I tested it last evening but have many FC message about "aosp keyboard" even with the physical keyboard
I wiped all but still the same message going back to cm10.1

Puffballofdoom

Apr 29, 2011
Ok I'm a little rusty on the details at the moment but: AOSP means that you want it to get as close as stock experience as you can get right? (I'm really looking for a G-lite thing but then with ICS/Jelly Bean, sort of Nexus feel but then for our Desire Z)

Eddy130306

Jul 16, 2012
Chicago
What's everyone's opinion on these AOSP builds? To me they seem more stable and faster than CM. I kinda miss CM a little though, but not the lag.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda app-developers app

EdWaRdW818

Sep 11, 2008
Fullerton, CA
I know that this is a dumb question and the answer is probably within the other thread, but... Ah heck, now it's just that I'm too lazy to look for the solution LOL...

But I installed AOSP 4.2 v6 last night and so far I'm not experiencing any major problems (except for FCing when I edit a picture and a bit of confusion adjusting to some new features LOL)... But when is this project going to be merged with CM? There are LOTS of creature comforts (e.g. silence during night hours, T9-style contact search, etc.) that I'm used to with the CM-optimized version that I kinda miss and only noticed that it was gone when I flashed it (I was under the impression that those features were all standard?)

Sorry to pester and thanks in advance.

zofox

Jul 22, 2010
Parma
I can't find changelog in your site flinny can you link it :)?!

Inviato dal mio HTC Vision con Tapatalk 2

EdWaRdW818

Sep 11, 2008
Fullerton, CA
EdWaRdW818:
Here you've got CM10.1 which is based on AOSP 4.2
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2031678

Flinny:
Could you add init.d support to the rom or fix it? I see that there is a placeholder for scripts and there is one script, but it's not executed on boot (with 755 permissions).

Have you tried Flinny's CM 10.1?
(I haven't - I'm just curious as to what you think)

Oh jeez... Either I had a total brain fart and completely missed the link or it got posted anywhere from the time I posted it to the catching up of 14+ hours of sleep (I only slept 7 hours across 3 days LOL), but I guess CM10.1 is already posted. I'll download it and see what's up. Thanks for not flaming me guys. :D I would've gotten the N4 but I'm not a big fan of LG (had countless bad hardware experiences) and my phone is somewhat last on my "to upgrade list", so thanks for everybody's help and keep up the good work! There's some top quality Münchner Bier mit your name on it once I get some disposable income :D

Eddy130306

Jul 16, 2012
Chicago
Have you tried Flinny's CM 10.1?
(I haven't - I'm just curious as to what you think)

No I have not.

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

LAMER_CZ

That is strange. Which recovery are you using? Don't use clockworkmod as they're always full of glitches and bugs. Don't use ROM Manager to flash ROMs either as they as well have glitches. I recommend doing everything in recovery. If you do have clockworkmod I recommend flashing 4ext as it has more features and can make your phone a little faster :D

Puffballofdoom

Apr 29, 2011
Ok I just went ahead and installed it. This is exactly what I need for a ROM on my Desire Z! Thanks Flinny, and keep up the good work!

Now my experience with this ROM:
- I just fly trough my home screens and menu's, it runs fluently!
- When at stock speeds (so 1Ghz) I sometime run into problems booting up the settings. I just hangs there for 4+ seconds untill it actually shows the settings. Setting clockspeeds to 1,8Ghz fixes this most of the times, but it's something you might want to look into (Or don't, it's your ROM)
- The above also happens with some apps.

I don't run swap or any other optimization, so I don't know if it's my problem or a ROM problem, but if you want me to do some more testing just tell me what I need to do :)

usc911

Apr 25, 2007
leeds
Boot Loop

Thanks for the work, this is a great ROM, just thought I would pitch my issue I had.
Im currently testing an app and set the device to use 2g only as I wanted so see how quickly it pulled in my data on a slower connection. If you leave it in 2g mode and reboot it appears to get stuck in a boot loop.

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers

Authorita

Nov 26, 2012
Thanks for the work, this is a great ROM, just thought I would pitch my issue I had.
Im currently testing an app and set the device to use 2g only as I wanted so see how quickly it pulled in my data on a slower connection. If you leave it in 2g mode and reboot it appears to get stuck in a boot loop.

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers

I doubt that has anything to do with the "2g" setting since the radio doesn't come on until after it is booted up. Maybe that application you're testing screwed something up?

usc911

Apr 25, 2007
leeds
I doubt that has anything to do with the "2g" setting since the radio doesn't come on until after it is booted up. Maybe that application you're testing screwed something up?

The app is fine, I have been building it for a few weeks and runds fine on a nexus one, and a sapphire. I have tried flashing the 4.2.1 AOSP build and the CM10 build and exactly the same is happening.

Guess I'm just missing something :s

Authorita

Nov 26, 2012
The app is fine, I have been building it for a few weeks and runds fine on a nexus one, and a sapphire. I have tried flashing the 4.2.1 AOSP build and the CM10 build and exactly the same is happening.

Guess I'm just missing something :s

Do you think you could get a log of the reboot? Might help in figuring out why it is rebooting like that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Andromadus - Test Builds

To start with here you will find test versions of ROMs built by me from the Andromadus github repo http://github.com/Andromadus, think of them along the same concept as nightly builds just not every night These are development ROM's, if you want to run bleeding edge development ROM's and at least know how to use adb and logcat then you might find something of interest here. If you require something that works 100% of the time all of the time then this might not be for you. That said you can always give it a try and if it doesn't work restore your previous nandroid backup!

What IS Andromadus?
    Initially it was a group of people who got together to make ICS work on the HTC Desire Z because nobody else seemed to want to support devices with physical hardware keyboards/trackpads. Whilst the idea stays the same It has grown slightly to support some other hardware and some of the work we have done is now used in many other devices. Andromadus builds of CM10 or CM10.1 are basically CM sources with a few additional tweaks or additions to support our phones.

1. New versions will be added as and when I feel there are enough changes to warrant one, don’t ask when the next version is coming.

2. If we decide to release a "Stable" version of these roms they will be published in another Andromadus thread.
    Direct all your queries with release versions to that thread and in the same vain do not discuss these releases anywhere but here.

3. I will do as best I can to answer questions but if you don't get an answer from me I'm sure somebody else will be along to help. Help each other and I have more time to spend fixing things!

4. Don't ask for what's changed since the previous version, have a look at the recent submits on the Andromadus github if you want to know or wait for the mini changelogs when I post a new release.

5. If there is something in particular to test it'll be mentioned!

6. As always if you didn't wipe between installations then at least verify that the problem exists on a clean install before posting here. Nandroid/superwipe/install/check at the end of the day you can always restore your nandroid if the problem is reproducible on a clean installation. If you can't be bothered to try this then I really can't be bothered to try to help you :>

7. All that said ensure you make a nandroid/backup before hand. I take no responsibility for what you do to your phone with these ROM.

8. Whilst I can't stop you I would rather these builds were not used as a base for any ROM/MOD/ETC. The source is all available if you want to do your own builds with which you can do whatever you like.

9. Tell us what works/what's worse/what's better but don't ***** when something breaks or isn't fixed yet, report it and move on.

10. Sometimes people forget that we do this for fun, for ourselves, and sometimes your super important issue is way down on our personal list of things to be fixed.

If you ignore any of the above you will in turn be ignored.

Now that's all out of the way as always have fun

As usual you need to flash the ROM then GAPPS.

Checkout http://andromadus.flinny.org for links/files/changelog's

This a team/community effort, I'll not list everyone who has helped along the way here that list is in the beta thread but I will say thanks to all of them again and obviously anyone that has been missed.
    Since Fyodor is away at the moment I upgraded the repo's to AOSP 4.2.2 and did a new build for you :)
    new build is up.
    New build is up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD