HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
@ClassickWORLD You can try my method:
1. Flash LOS latest
2. Flash the boot.img of YAAP in fastboot
3. Reboot recovery, format data to f2fs
4. Sideload YAAP rom .zip
These steps worked for me! ... after other flashing methods failed.
Thank you!

Now, however, it seems like I can no longer take nandroid backups, because the LOS recovery has been installed, and "fastboot boot twrp.img" does not work.

How can we take usable backups with the LOS recovery?

Zhuang zhuang

Apr 16, 2016
Ho Chi Minh
Thank you!

Now, however, it seems like I can no longer take nandroid backups, because the LOS recovery has been installed, and "fastboot boot twrp.img" does not work.

Actually, I didn't even use the nandroid backup since A10, so I know nothing about it :ROFLMAO:

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
Do you utilize some other backup method now?
And a related question: back in the days of TWRP, if a Magisk module caused some kind of freeze or bootloop, I could boot into TWRP and use its file manager in order to delete the offending module.

But now, if I install a Magisk module which prevents my device from booting, how can I get onto any of my filesystems in Recovery mode in order to delete that module? The LOS Recovery that is installed with the latest YAAP ROM doesn't seem to allow anything like this.

Zhuang zhuang

Apr 16, 2016
Ho Chi Minh
Do you utilize some other backup method now?
I use Swift Backup
And a related question: back in the days of TWRP, if a Magisk module caused some kind of freeze or bootloop, I could boot into TWRP and use its file manager in order to delete the offending module.

But now, if I install a Magisk module which prevents my device from booting, how can I get onto any of my filesystems in Recovery mode in order to delete that module? The LOS Recovery that is installed with the latest YAAP ROM doesn't seem to allow anything like this.
I didn't think about this issue, maybe you can ask someone in LOS thread

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
I use Swift Backup

I didn't think about this issue, maybe you can ask someone in LOS thread
Thank you very much.

I checked in the YAAP Telegram thread, and it turns out that I can fix bootloops that are caused by Magisk module errors as follows:

(1) Try to boot and get into the bootloop ... wait for the boot animation to start
(2) Connect the device to a computer via USB
(3) On the computer, run this: adb wait-for-device shell magisk --remove-modules

This worked for me, and it should work as long as the "adbd" service is started on the device, which is almost always the case unless the device is seriously bricked.

This removes all Magisk modules, so after rebooting, any desired Magisk modules will have to be reinstalled.

Reactions: felek73

melinder

May 18, 2019
I flashed this rom on oos 11.0.2 stable and wifi is disconnected too often.
should i flash this rom wih oos ob4 to get wifi fixed?

Last edited:

Zhuang zhuang

Apr 16, 2016
Ho Chi Minh
The rom cannot charge with non-Oneplus charging brick, but it works after reboot. I think this is kernel relating issue (I had same issue with arter kernel on A10)

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
Thank you!

You'll need the "fbev2" version of TWRP by nebrassy for fastboot boot to work.

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=14943124697586351426 or seach "nebrassy fbev2 oneplus 7 pro" on xda.

Reactions: HippoMan

Toutatis_

Oct 3, 2012
Vanilla variant user here.

After updating from latest 13 build to 14 via OTA (20231123 build), it seems that location no longer works at all. Neither Organic Maps nor OsmAnd~ can find my position. In microG settings > Self-Check, all location related permissions are still granted. Tried to manually update microG to v0.3.0.233515, to no avail. The issue persists after a clean flash.

Anyone else?

Edit: GPStest cannot retrieve any data either.

Edit 2: It fixed itself automagically after even more attempts.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New build is up with May SPL merged, updated display modes, fixed off-screen hotword and other fixes all around
    1608285823428.png

YAAP is a project founded by Adhitya Mohan (@poad42) and Ido Ben-Hur (@idoybh) with the goal of staying close to AOSP in design goals, offer a clean interface, do as much as original development as possible and avoid becoming a kitchen sink and cherry picked mess.

Bug reporting:
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Downloads
    Guacamole (OP7P): Download Link | Google Drive | SHA256SUM

Follow us on Telegram for updates and faster(?) responses
    Chat
    Updates

Flashing Procedure:
    Through fastboot:
    Dump the ROM zipfile through payload_dumper
    Reboot to bootloader
    Flash each partition (be sure to open the terminal window in the folder you extracted the payload):

```fastboot flash boot boot.img```
    *if you never formatted to f2fs reboot to recovery and format
    ```fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    fastboot flash odm odm.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot flash vendor vendor.img```
    Reboot to system

XDA:DevDB Information
    Yet Another AOSP Project, ROM for the OnePlus 7 Pro

Contributors
    OmkarTheAndroid, idoybh, poad42
    Source Code: https://github.com/yaap

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14.x
    ROM Firmware : OOS 11 Global Stable
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-10-14
    Last Updated 2021-04-20
    New update is up with fixed WiFi, new launcher stuff and support for ntfs on otg
    Changelog:
    ROM:
    • Improve volume dialog code & fix the expand animation
    • Simplify OpenDelta auto download network option
    • Make emergency tile in powermenu look better
    • Swipe down to expand statusbar in Launcher3
    • Add an option to choose primary overlay (bg dark color)
    • Many minor visual fixes in settings (and other minor changes)
    • Merged latest CAF tags wherever relevant
    • Bug fixes in recovery
    • Updated some APNs
    • Some other minor changes

Device:
    • Update FOD zOrder
    • Optimize native executables for Cortex-A76 CPU
    • Re-introduce cleaned up raise to wake implementation
    • Add Wake Device Action to off screen gestures
    • Cleanup/update more blobs
    New update has been up for the past 3 days, didn't post here as my thread was missing. enjoy