[ROM] 14 Jun Gr9 (6.3.1) - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Kindle Fire

Search This thread

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
playstorekindlefire.png

Hi all!

I've started playing more with my Kindle Fire so i've made a first early MoDaCo Custom ROM for the device.

Flashing is recommended using TWRP, ALWAYS BACK UP BEFORE FLASHING! Wipe is not required.

Features:

• Based on the 6.3.1 release
  • Heavily optimised and compressed to take as little space as possible and perform as fast as possible!
  • Includes Google Services Framework and Google Play Store, masquerading as Galaxy Tab for maximum app availability
  • Optional Google Books / Music
  • Network location support (for Maps etc.)
  • Rooted with Superuser
  • Insecure boot image (for 'adb remount' etc.)
  • init.d support
  • TweakDeck Twitter client Kindle Fire version (can be uninstalled)
I'll be doing more tweaks as I mess around with the device more together with more kitchen features, so watch this space. :)

• Gr9.1 - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 14a9100d328bf025c497066c380cb3f0
  • Gr9.1 alt - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 334ab5af643ab6f6cbef70d6eb184094
P

Last edited:

minieod

Jun 24, 2010
San Diego, CA
will there be a changelog so we can understand what actually is different?

so this is the stock KF rom but optimized? it uses less space and is faster?

osozraz

Dec 26, 2011
Hi Paul, nice to see you´re working on the Fire, I´ve been using your Nexus One roms for a long time and they are great. One question, does flashing this ROM erase FireFireFire and TWRP like the stock one? I supose it does not but just to check, I had a very nasty experience flashing the stock rom.

Reactions: andyclhui

lesbox

Mar 6, 2011
Tempe, AZ
Thanks for the dev!

But I do have a quick question about this ROM - does it still support Amazon Video?
I want all the bennies of being rooted with google apps, but want to still be able to take advantage of my amazon prime membership...

fr4nk1yn

Aug 1, 2008
Norfolk
love the stock ROM. I'll be trying this later for sure.
*/fingercrossed any chance app compatibility is better?

minieod

Jun 24, 2010
San Diego, CA
flashed and running...nothing really wowing me yet, but ive not done much with it so far

up and running and a promise of lighterweight and faster is A+

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

as in prime streaming? didnt work

osozraz

Dec 26, 2011
Hi, just flashed it. I was using CM7 and wiped cache/dalvik/system. But some apps i had installed are still installed and i think this is giving me some problems, the process android.process.media is FC all the time so it´s annoying. What else do i have to wipe to have a clean installation?
Thx

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
Hi, just flashed it. I was using CM7 and wiped cache/dalvik/system. But some apps i had installed are still installed and i think this is giving me some problems, the process android.process.media is FC all the time so it´s annoying. What else do i have to wipe to have a clean installation?
Thx
Coming from CM you will probably need a full wipe of data as CM is signed with different certificates, which means the system will have a fit with lots of mismatches in the core apps / frameworks!

P

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    playstorekindlefire.png

Hi all!

I've started playing more with my Kindle Fire so i've made a first early MoDaCo Custom ROM for the device.

Flashing is recommended using TWRP, ALWAYS BACK UP BEFORE FLASHING! Wipe is not required.

Features:

• Based on the 6.3.1 release
    • Heavily optimised and compressed to take as little space as possible and perform as fast as possible!
    • Includes Google Services Framework and Google Play Store, masquerading as Galaxy Tab for maximum app availability
    • Optional Google Books / Music
    • Network location support (for Maps etc.)
    • Rooted with Superuser
    • Insecure boot image (for 'adb remount' etc.)
    • init.d support
    • TweakDeck Twitter client Kindle Fire version (can be uninstalled)
    I'll be doing more tweaks as I mess around with the device more together with more kitchen features, so watch this space. :)

• Gr9.1 - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 14a9100d328bf025c497066c380cb3f0
    • Gr9.1 alt - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 334ab5af643ab6f6cbef70d6eb184094
    P
    Updated to the 6.3 base folks! :)

P
    Uploading the 6.3.1 version (Gr9) now. Sorry for the delay...!

P
    Hello chaps. Just a heads up that now my One X review is out of the way i'm back on updating this... no rest for the wicked etc. :D

P
    Hey folks! 6.3 update in progress, watch this space! :)

P