[ROM][15-aug-2011] FolioNotion v3.0.1 for Toshiba Folio100 - Based on Eden 1.5

Search This thread

xitrumch

May 10, 2008
I think one of the biggest disappointment of mine with this mod is the Root capability. Superuser is there, but I think it was somehow not correctly installed, so I end up spending hours to fix that by manually re-install. It's quite a painful process.
Finally, in order to avoid future bugs which may come, I decided to switch back to FolioMod, and install all the nice Adam apps in FolioMod, which looks kinda cool now :D

MrMEEE

Feb 10, 2009
Skovlunde
I think one of the biggest disappointment of mine with this mod is the Root capability. Superuser is there, but I think it was somehow not correctly installed, so I end up spending hours to fix that by manually re-install. It's quite a painful process.
Finally, in order to avoid future bugs which may come, I decided to switch back to FolioMod, and install all the nice Adam apps in FolioMod, which looks kinda cool now :D

What problems did you have with root????

Reactions: Azev

xitrumch

May 10, 2008

I'm unable to set Superuser permission for required apps, such as "Root explorer" & "Titanium Backups". After that I found out with this rom, my tablet is not rooted yet... or maybe it's just me? unless some others also help to report abt root problem

Lucia

Mar 18, 2006
Was really looking for forward to installing Honeycomb but I am unable to get past the logo and adb does not detect the Folio device. I have been using adb with other ROMs without any problem. Any one with a smart idea to get Honeycomb working?

Last edited:

shidima_101

Feb 24, 2011
Katwijk
www.treedevelop.com
Was really looking for forward to installing Honeycomb but I am unable to get past the logo and adb does not detect the Folio device. I have been using adb with other ROMs without any problem. Any one with a smart idea to get Honeycomb working?
You know that this rom is not Honeycomb? Any way, for now the only way to get this rom to work is with adb, and if you dont have it working you have to fiddle with it some. Check out some comments in this thread or try to search some.

All i can say is check if your drivers are installed correctly and try a diffrent usb port.

Azev

Dec 31, 2007
Metz
I'm unable to set Superuser permission for required apps, such as "Root explorer" & "Titanium Backups". After that I found out with this rom, my tablet is not rooted yet... or maybe it's just me? unless some others also help to report abt root problem

Install BusyBox on Market and enjoy rooted rom.

lsk971

Nov 29, 2008
Saint-François
to folio 3x

From Folio3x
Hi everyone,

I currently have Folio2x installed on mine. What am I supposed to do to test FolioNotion ?

Do I have to erase system using fastboot ? Or can I just flash this rom with CWM ?

Salut,

Personnellement j'ai tout effacé avec fastboot.

ENGLISH!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DantessFr

Dec 13, 2010
i am sorry to bother you, but i have a problem. i cant connect My tablet to the market with this rom. the tablet try to log but in the end, it says that the server is unreichable.
Thank you! !!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all..

This is Notion Ink Adam Eden 1.5 ported for Toshiba Folio 100...

This is the new interface version from Notion.. Fixes A LOT problems with the old one... probably introduces new ones as well...

Regards goes to Dexter for a lot of help and to roebeet for the ViewSonic GTab version, on which this ROM was based.. And of course to everybody who I forgot...

What doesn't work:

Panels added is not persistant over reboot... (Apparently the same problem exist on the Real Notion???)

G-sensor working.. seems up-side-down in some games.. Working on fixing this...

Probably a lot more :D... Please keep reporting back..

And now for the files you want:

FolioNotion 3.0.1

FolioNotion 3.0

FolioNotion 2.0

FolioNotion 1.2

FolioNotion 1.1 - Buggy.. use 1.0 og 1.2 instead..

FolioNotion 1.0.1

Superuser.apk

FolioNotion 1.0

FolioNotion 0.5

FolioNotion 0.4

FolioNotion 0.3

FolioNotion 0.2.1

FolioNotion 0.2

FolioNotion 0.1

Have Fun

MrMEEE

Twitter: martinjuhl

Changelog:

V3.0.1

Permission issues fixed...

V3.0

New Release, based on Notions Gingerbread (Android 2.3) release...

V2.0

Updated to latest Notion Ink Software...

Added bb2k's cifs modules for Samba/CIFS support :D.. Thanks for the good work..

Quadrant about 2800....

v1.2

Fixes some permission errors on v.1.1..

Now updated with libraries from FolioMod v1.4. Thanks Dexter...

v1.1 - Buggy... Doesn't start....

USB Network Adaptors now supported.. Configuration for bootup done in: /system/etc/init.d/98usbnetworkconfig..

If adaptor is connected/reconnected after boot, just run "netsetup"..

I know this is a bit manual and I hope I will have time to develop a little app for configuration in the future...

There can be some conflicts in routes if wifi is enabled at the same time as an USB adaptor...

/etc/resolv.conf might need to be deleted when going back to WIFI..

v1.0.1

Forgot the Superuser Application... Just install the apk or from market if you're already on v1.0

v1.0

Updated to new Notion Ink Software from the 14/2.. Seems more stable.. Status bar is changed a little.. So is the Settings Menu..

Finally got the Market bug fixed, so now all apps should be enabled..

Quadrant up to 3100 and a bit..

Added the Toshiba Media Player and the CIFS manager

Thought this release is now stable enough to get to version 1.0... :D..

v0.5

Updated to the new Notion Ink Software from this weekend.. Seems like some bugs are fixed.. and maybe a bit smoother too??

Updated Google Maps..

Still getting about 2900 in Quadrant..

v0.4:

App2SD Fixed.. now working :D

v0.3:

Added the TapNTap IME from FolioTNT. (Because I like it better :D )
    Added Toshiba Market.
    Fixed Media Player Panel/Widget Thingy...

v0.2.1:

Added Notion Boot Animation.
    Might have fixed missing g-sensor support.
    Status bar now semi-transparent.
    Slight performance improvement.. just under 3000 in Quadrant.

v0.2:

Fixed boot flashing
    Resigned apks and framework with test keys.
    Calendar and Contact sync now working, both from Google and Exchange.
    Fixed mounting for SDCard
    Performance tuning and cleanup, Quadrant now gives 2885
    Android standard Latin Keyboard added as NI has no support for special characters (a shame :( )

v0.1:

First Release
    Quadrant reported to give about 2000

folionotion0.2.1-shot0.png

folionotion0.2.1-shot1.png

folionotion0.2.1-shot2.png

folionotion0.2.1-shot3.png

folionotion0.2.1-shot4.png

folionotion0.2.1-shot5.png

folionotion0.2.1-shot6.png

folionotion0.2.1-shot7.png

folionotion0.2.1-shot8.png
    New Release

Hi

I haven't given up on this project.. But right now I'm using all of my spare time getting honeycomb to work...
    Solution to loop

Hi guys..

I found the problem...

Quick fix: Please do:

remount
    chmod 644 /etc/dbus.conf
    chmod 644 /system/etc/dbus.conf

that should fix it...

I will upload an update as soon as possible...
    hmmm,, nice to see more devs for the folio. i havent tried your rom yet, but thumbs up for caring enough to port the nption ink rom.
    one question though, what kernel version is this rom using? is it the modded kernel by notion ink?

It's using the Dexters 2.6.32.9 kernel from FolioMod and FolioTNT..

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone