[ROM] 16/10/12 Cyanogen 9 [GSM] [Discontinued]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth
Wait a sec how should i flash the kernel and im in recovery ????? Anyway i restored the stock rom and everything is back as normal

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

did as u said first i did a backup then did a factory reset AND CLEARED DALVIK CACHE then reboted then went into recovery again installed the rom and gapps then i was rebooting so i could go into hboot and flash the kernel but it passed about 3 to 4 min and the phone didnt boot up so now im in recovery restoring.if im able to get into recovrery and restore the stock rom that means that i didnt get it bricked RIGHT????? ANYWAY I RESTORED AND EVERYTHING IS OK NOW

You are on stock. Proceed as I tell you here:
1.Put the CM9 rom into the root of your sdcard.
2.Reboot in bootloader.
3.If you have AllinOne One V tool, use that.
4.Place the kernel into the folder of the tool - Data - Kernels. MAKE SURE IT IS NAMED AS boot only, not boot-img.img or boot-etc.img because you risk bricking your device.
5.Use All in One tool interface and select "Using this command" in the kernel section and press the button to flash kernel.
6.A cmd window will popup, let it do its thing.
7.Now your phone will reboot. You can press enter in your computer to close the cmd window. Don't close the One V tool yet.
8.After the phone is rebooted, use the tool to reboot into recovery.

Once you are in the recovery - select to wipe these:
1. Cache
2. Dalvik-cache
3. Factory reset
4. System.

After all these 4 are wiped, press on install from sdcard and choose cm9 zip file.
After it is installed, reboot your phone. NOTE: it might take upto 2 minutes to end up rebooting because dalvik vm is working dexopting all the datas and frameworks.

Enjoy!

Reactions: donhashem.dh

Passa91

Dec 17, 2010
You flash kernel with fastboot. Flash the new kernel with the GPS patch and it'll work. First boot takes over a minute too. Mine booted first time no problems. Setting everything up now.

It's 1.34AM and I have a lecture in 6 hours (plus a 2h transit time) so I will post a video of it tomorrow - but all I can say is this is slick. Amazing performance, feels so much more responsive than Sense. No obvious bugs have reared their heads yet. Great work Lloir and everyone else involved with this project.

Reactions: 1ceb0x

peekay2n

Sep 24, 2010
just flashed the latest ROM & kernel ... here's a screenshot..
i guess GPS accuracy would've been much better had it not been raining here!

thanks Lloir & max! :good: :)

Screenshot_2012-07-30-22-08-40.jpg

worldindo1

Dec 8, 2011
Hey Lloir and the gang,
Just came from an LG Optimus V (I have yet to unlock the bootloader & root my One, god forbid I don't have a Windows computer and Ubuntu clearly hates my phone). Anyways, as everyone should know, the stock Sense ROM has Beats audio (not sure why, ICS has Legacy anyways). Now Lloir, I'm not quite sure whether or not you retrieved the Beats files, but if not RockoDev has done so. His port can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=23143266. Again I emphasize how pointless it is to have Beats over Legacy but for any users who personally want Beats again, that is the link to the files. I apologize if you already have Beats enabled on the ROM. This I suppose wasn't really a development post, but hell I figured it wouldn't hurt to try. Have a good one and I look forward to flashing.

This is my Tapatalk 2 signature. Rockin' the app on my Nook Color running ICS 4.0.4, courtesy of Dalingrin, Fattire, and our other beloved XDA weenies (nemith, keyodi, arcee, hacdan, etc.)... oh, can't forget eyeballer ;)

Lloir

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)
Hey Lloir and the gang,
Just came from an LG Optimus V (I have yet to unlock the bootloader & root my One, god forbid I don't have a Windows computer and Ubuntu clearly hates my phone). Anyways, as everyone should know, the stock Sense ROM has Beats audio (not sure why, ICS has Legacy anyways). Now Lloir, I'm not quite sure whether or not you retrieved the Beats files, but if not RockoDev has done so. His port can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=23143266. Again I emphasize how pointless it is to have Beats over Legacy but for any users who personally want Beats again, that is the link to the files. I apologize if you already have Beats enabled on the ROM. This I suppose wasn't really a development post, but hell I figured it wouldn't hurt to try. Have a good one and I look forward to flashing.

i managed to root etc in ubuntu.....i will look into beats....thank you

worldindo1

Dec 8, 2011
i managed to root etc in ubuntu.....i will look into beats....thank you

No prob. How did you go about working things out with Ubuntu? I have ADB set up but adb devices scores me nothing. It gives me the no permissions hubbub. Is there something I'm missing? I got confused along the lines of setting up the xx-android.rules, but I do know I have the correct information put in. I'm running 10.04 64-bit. I've looked under every rock for a fix that will allow adb to work but I'm stuck at a wall. Anything you can think of?

This is my Tapatalk 2 signature. Rockin' the app on my Nook Color running ICS 4.0.4, courtesy of Dalingrin, Fattire, and our other beloved XDA weenies (nemith, keyodi, arcee, hacdan, etc.)... oh, can't forget eyeballer ;)

Lloir

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)
No prob. How did you go about working things out with Ubuntu? I have ADB set up but adb devices scores me nothing. It gives me the no permissions hubbub. Is there something I'm missing? I got confused along the lines of setting up the xx-android.rules, but I do know I have the correct information put in. I'm running 10.04 64-bit. I've looked under every rock for a fix that will allow adb to work but I'm stuck at a wall. Anything you can think of?

do sudo su then try ;)

maxwen

Jun 10, 2012

Yes. All commands like adb and fastboot must run as root
So use either sudo or do it in a root shell

Actually ony the adb server must run as root
So you can also do

sudo adb start-server

Then you can run adb and/or fastboot also as normal user

regards

max

TechnoLover

Jul 1, 2010
just for general info you can also use something like this OWNER="xxx" then you don't need any sudo for adb and fastboot ;):

Code:
# HTC older phones
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0bb4", MODE="0660", OWNER="marco"
# HTC newer phones
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1", MODE="0660", OWNER="marco"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts