• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [2.10.405.2] Rooted Official HTC Android 2.2 (FroYo) ROM

Search This thread

aaurnab

Mar 23, 2008
Dhaka
Today I updated ROM to 2.10 .. thanks lots.

Having one question from long .. is it possible to do partition in my current SD card ? right now many application is already installed in SD card.

Only 15 MB is remaining in internal memory so thinking to have a2sd with SD partition .. please help in same.

Regards,
Anis Vora

This post is open or closed ? it's almost 10 days and no reply to my post and no any other post ?

http://jaxov.com/2010/09/how-to-install-apps-on-sd-card-by-default-in-android-2-2-froyo/

gonethinkinoutdoors

Dec 9, 2010
Why is it that every rom i try to load (following instructions to a tee) it goes to the white htc screen and freezes there. (US Cell desire -rooted)
Please Help Me, I need my phone back...

k.aalai

Oct 2, 2009
Flashed this ROM, and its working great.
Just a couple of issues:
1- every reboot, gives the "sim card changed" warning, and the subsequent app force closes.
2- Cant receive MMS on orange uk. Used previously working APNs, changed them around, did everything, no joy.... Keep getting a service denied message.
Any ideas as to a fix for this please?

PS

Ok, me again!
After playing with it all night (ahem!) seem to have sorted out things.
1- For the "sim changed" warning, here is what to do: go to apn settings, delete all of them, then with the proper network sim inserted, press "reset to defaults". This seems to download the proper apns for the network you are on. Then the "select carrier" screen (which would force close all the time before) comes up, and you can select your network.
2- this also seems to fix the mms issue as well. Although have to wait for an mms to arrive to make sure!

Last edited:

Gravatrax

Dec 25, 2010
Alright Im starting to get frustrated. Currently I appear to have CyanogenROM and I don't really like a whole to be honest. I've installed the radio from ModManager within Cyanogen which broughts me to Clockword recovery which I
m assuming did it's thing, since everything appeared to instal just fine. Then from the ClockWork Recovery menu I wiped the cache/data etc and turned off sign verification and then attempted to install Froyo 2.2 Official. Right now all it's doing is just showing a blank screen with the words HTC, usually by now it goes right back into Cyanogen, what am I doing wrong?

astro-mercenary

Jan 1, 2011
error installing rom

Hi, I have managed to update the radio but when i attempt to insall the rom is get this error

E:Missing file: radio.img
E:Verification failed

Installation aborted

Any one have any idea why this maybe, do i have to use my goldcard with the rom on it to install this file?? Thanks

Droidzone

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 24, 2010
Kochi
www.droidzone.in
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi, I have managed to update the radio but when i attempt to insall the rom is get this error

Installation aborted

Any one have any idea why this maybe, do i have to use my goldcard with the rom on it to install this file?? Thanks

I'm not very familiar with the files in the zip of this rom, but that message means that the update-script in this rom references a Radio file which has been subsequently removed without the script being updated. Did you by any chance remove a radio.img from the zip before flashing it?

astro-mercenary

Jan 1, 2011
I'm not very familiar with the files in the zip of this rom, but that message means that the update-script in this rom references a Radio file which has been subsequently removed without the script being updated. Did you by any chance remove a radio.img from the zip before flashing it?

hi, no all files were left intact, i flashed the radio first as posted in this thread, this went ok, i then rebooted handset into recovery mode, and tried to install the unmoded froyo 2.2 rom to the handset, im currently trying to update the rom via clockworkmod.. will see if this way works..

loefflerm

Jul 4, 2009
Arizona

Installation aborted

I had the same issue all i did to get pass this was take an old 2gb sd card and make it a GOLD card then i put the zip files on it went into recovery and flash perfect search the forum on how to make a gold card

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey there

This is the official HTC FoYo ROM. No apps removed, not deodexed, i only added root permissions and busybox.

Note: Your desire has to be rooted if you want to install this rom!

Facts:
    The rom version is 2.10.405.2
    This rom is rooted and includes busybox
    This rom will NOT upgrade your HBOOT version.
    This rom doesn't include a radio rom.
    You have to install the radio rom seperately. ((Download radio rom) Guide how to install a radio rom)
    The bootsound is disabled
    Bash added

Installtion guide:
    • Boot in the recovery mode
    • Choose the option "install zip from sdcard"
    • take the radio rom and confirm
    • After flashing, do a reboot and unplug the usb cable
    • Now you have to wait 'til the phone's ready (don't touch it, just wait ;))
    • If this step was successful, reboot in the recovery mode
    • Choose the option "install zip from sdcard" and take the "Official_FroYo.zip"
    • Confirm and do afterwords a reboot

Download:

Multiupload download

Download older version:

Multiupload download

Green camera issue:
    If you have problems with the market or your desire takes green pictures, download this zip and flash it (without wipe):
    Download ZIP (thanks to liamstears )

Enjoy :)

For all those who want to force apps to be installed on sd-card, use the app called Mod Install Location. It can be installed through Android Market. Dont forget to move all widgets to phone, otherwise they will make some trouble.
    The 2.29.405.2 stock rom with root would be great :D

this rom is the same as the current but the (New Market) was added thats it.
    This ROM isn't A2SD , right ?

My Questions are :

-When this ROM is installed , WOULD I be able to change my SD CARD , because now IM using ( 4GB card with 512MB ext3 ) , and when i Switch to another SD CARD , phone doesn't start..