[ROM] [2.10.405.2] Rooted Official HTC Android 2.2 (FroYo) ROM

Search This thread

eBug

Jul 17, 2008
Teppics is the best if you insist on sticking with purely rooted and superuser:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=773997

By far the best is Alex-V's, all the changes that should be added such as proper a2sd, deodexed etc, and none of the crap:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=745919

PinkyDesire's is similar but has some stuff added:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=741867

I don't get the point of all those people obsessed with deodexed ROM. Odex files are there to improve VM performance so what's this frenzy for throwing them away at all cost? It's true it allows you to modify your application's files easier, but does that counterbalance the loss of performance?

anisvora

Aug 18, 2010
Rajkot
Please have some update in this ROM

Hello,

I using this ROM and don't have any issue. But recently I received OTA updates but unable to install those.

After release of this ROM there are update from HTC also , I think if we can get those update it would be great.

I am really expecting some updates in current ROM.

NOTE : Also it is possible to partition my current memory card without loosing any data and apps ? ( I don't have any extra card with me)

Regards,
Anis Vora

AlphaX

Aug 1, 2009
Vancouver
I'm not sure if I'm just scared or crazy. I spent the last 2 hours reading through all 83 pages of this forum looking to see how stable this ROM is?

2 question comes to mind (no they haven't been answered 20 times)
1. Will this ROM work on SLCD devices? People asked but no one answered
Or is this a rooting instruction issue?
2. Everyone seems to be using the 5.09.00.20 radio and on the link nickiberli posted there are 5.11.05.14. Is there a reason to go to either? Are these firmware radio band dependent? Euro Desire vs NA Desire have different bands.

Thanks
AlphaX

marisx

Aug 16, 2010
2 question comes to mind (no they haven't been answered 20 times)
1. Will this ROM work on SLCD devices? People asked but no one answered
Or is this a rooting instruction issue?
2. Everyone seems to be using the 5.09.00.20 radio and on the link nickiberli posted there are 5.11.05.14. Is there a reason to go to either? Are these firmware radio band dependent? Euro Desire vs NA Desire have different bands.

AlphaX,

I was using this ROM on SLCD Desire without any problems for several months. Had the "green camera" issue, which was solved by flashing the fix provided in the first post. My radio is 5.09.00.20, european Desire.

So yes, SLCD is (or was) just a rooting issue. At the time I've rooted my device, I had to use Unrevoked with a different version of recovery, not the standard one for AMOLED's. That was long time ago, and android version was eclair 2.1, not froyo 2.2, so try to search the forums for up to date info if you need to root a newer version.

BTW today I have just rooted another Desire, (Froyo, HBOOT 0.93.0001) using Unrevoked3 for linux, without any problems. But this one was AMOLED.

crash_194

Mar 27, 2008
Will this work on an Orange locked and branded desire?

Edit: my desire is rooted. Orange UK

My orange rooted desire is working fine with this. I didn't wipe my phone first though i've just installed this over the top. All its done is get rid of all the orange related crap and my phone has the additional add-ons from this rom and is working a treat?

Do you envisage I will have any problems with not wiping my phone first?

anisvora

Aug 18, 2010
Rajkot
Thanks for update.. Help for a2sd

Just the default froyo a2sd.

Today I updated ROM to 2.10 .. thanks lots.

Having one question from long .. is it possible to do partition in my current SD card ? right now many application is already installed in SD card.

Only 15 MB is remaining in internal memory so thinking to have a2sd with SD partition .. please help in same.

Regards,
Anis Vora

This post is open or closed ? it's almost 10 days and no reply to my post and no any other post ?

Last edited:

wct097

Jul 19, 2010
Having a bit of trouble with this Desire. We've been trying to get a 2.2 ROM flashed for two days now without any success. We ran the Unrevoked program and achieved root and an unlocked recovery. This is the third 2.2 ROM I've tried to flash without success. I wiped/reset each time, then selected install from ZIP. The install appeared to work correctly, but on reboot we get stuck at the HTC splash screen. After 20 minutes it's still stuck. This happened with this ROM and two others posted here. Are we doing something wrong? Do we need to downgrade HBOOT? It's currently HBOOT-0.98

element114401

Nov 17, 2010
Waterloo, IA
Having a bit of trouble with this Desire. We've been trying to get a 2.2 ROM flashed for two days now without any success. We ran the Unrevoked program and achieved root and an unlocked recovery. This is the third 2.2 ROM I've tried to flash without success. I wiped/reset each time, then selected install from ZIP. The install appeared to work correctly, but on reboot we get stuck at the HTC splash screen. After 20 minutes it's still stuck. This happened with this ROM and two others posted here. Are we doing something wrong? Do we need to downgrade HBOOT? It's currently HBOOT-0.98

I'm having the same problem. I got Cyanogen to work, but I missed the HTC Sense UI too much. I'm back to the stock, rooted 2.1. Rooted with Unrevoked and ClockworkMOD. Any ideas?

Droidzone

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 24, 2010
Kochi
www.droidzone.in
OnePlus 9 Pro

If the official RUU for your Desire is available on Shipped-roms, try unrooting first. Then repeat Unrevoked and (optionally) load a custom ROM again.. Create goldcard first.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey there

This is the official HTC FoYo ROM. No apps removed, not deodexed, i only added root permissions and busybox.

Note: Your desire has to be rooted if you want to install this rom!

Facts:
    The rom version is 2.10.405.2
    This rom is rooted and includes busybox
    This rom will NOT upgrade your HBOOT version.
    This rom doesn't include a radio rom.
    You have to install the radio rom seperately. ((Download radio rom) Guide how to install a radio rom)
    The bootsound is disabled
    Bash added

Installtion guide:
    • Boot in the recovery mode
    • Choose the option "install zip from sdcard"
    • take the radio rom and confirm
    • After flashing, do a reboot and unplug the usb cable
    • Now you have to wait 'til the phone's ready (don't touch it, just wait ;))
    • If this step was successful, reboot in the recovery mode
    • Choose the option "install zip from sdcard" and take the "Official_FroYo.zip"
    • Confirm and do afterwords a reboot

Download:

Multiupload download

Download older version:

Multiupload download

Green camera issue:
    If you have problems with the market or your desire takes green pictures, download this zip and flash it (without wipe):
    Download ZIP (thanks to liamstears )

Enjoy :)

For all those who want to force apps to be installed on sd-card, use the app called Mod Install Location. It can be installed through Android Market. Dont forget to move all widgets to phone, otherwise they will make some trouble.
    The 2.29.405.2 stock rom with root would be great :D

this rom is the same as the current but the (New Market) was added thats it.
    This ROM isn't A2SD , right ?

My Questions are :

-When this ROM is installed , WOULD I be able to change my SD CARD , because now IM using ( 4GB card with 512MB ext3 ) , and when i Switch to another SD CARD , phone doesn't start..