[ROM][2/12/11][CHINESE] MIUI for G2 (v1.2.11)

Search This thread

terrelltp

Oct 1, 2009
Hi, all. I like the MIUI ROM and as most of you want to have latest version as soon as posible. But I am not a dev and my skills in android development are very very poor. So, i followed the versions of MIUI by g4rb4g3. They all are very stable and fast. And i want to say once more HUGE THANX to him for his work.
But when i found this thread today in the morning i decide to make it in english. So, putting together the ROM from 1st post and ENG pack for N1 from MIUI-DEV.COM with some additional editing of built.prop and adding some apps. I made a pack. Flashed it and it is working fine.
P.S. The only chinese words that i found are in MIUI account registration in Accounts&sync.

Adding: Facebook, Twitter, VoiceSearch, Google Search, gMaps, Street, GMail etc. (all apks are up to date).

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.multiupload.com/PVZRB1NRHK

P.P.S. All you do with this pack is on your own risk. I am not responsable for any damages of your phone.

U did a great job wit this man ill post more threads when i do research like this on the miui website n find the chinese ones n whenever i post them u just do that what u did wit this

flashermaster

Nov 24, 2010
I thought you should put the method on the top of the thread. :) And change the title so that more people could see and use it.

da900

Mar 20, 2009
Saint-Petersburg
Translating MIUI for Vision to ENG

It is not hard as it could seem to be. MIUI for Vision is only a port of N1 MIUI ROM for our phone. So, all apps are the same like in N1. The difference is only in device specific files, wich are not needed to be translate :). So, you could download chinese MIUI for Vision from first post and than download Nexus One ENG pack from MIUI-DEV.COM.... The only thing that you need to do is to edit build.prop file correctly and put it in N1 ENG pack in system/. I recommend extract this file from one of the Q'N'D MIUI ROM and just edit there the strings with MIUI version by changing to the correct one (for now 1.2.11). That's all. It will never be more simply.

g4rb4g3

Jul 22, 2009
It is not hard as it could seem to be. MIUI for Vision is only a port of N1 MIUI ROM for our phone. So, all apps are the same like in N1. The difference is only in device specific files, wich are not needed to be translate :). So, you could download chinese MIUI for Vision from first post and than download Nexus One ENG pack from MIUI-DEV.COM.... The only thing that you need to do is to edit build.prop file correctly and put it in N1 ENG pack in system/. I recommend extract this file from one of the Q'N'D MIUI ROM and just edit there the strings with MIUI version by changing to the correct one (for now 1.2.11). That's all. It will never be more simply.

This way the display backlight won't work the right way and the keyboard backlight won't work at all.
Believe me it's a little bit more then copy and paste...

gniouki

Apr 11, 2009
Le Chesnay
www.asuspad.fr
This way the display backlight won't work the right way and the keyboard backlight won't work at all.
Believe me it's a little bit more then copy and paste...

First, I want to thanks you for all the work you've done on MIUI.

But now you abandoned the project, instead of juste saying it won't work, could you explain how to make it works to make the port of the rom continue for all the users who want to use it ?

Thanks

brian.dore

Jul 28, 2009
Fort Hood, TX
Thanks for the port, I hope we get more miui support in the future. I have very little knowledge in android development but would love to learn. Porting seems to be allot harder than building from source. Too bad miui is closed source:( Going to try playing with the rom kitchen when I get some spare time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MIUI 1.2.11 for Vision ENG

Hi, all. I like the MIUI ROM and as most of you want to have latest version as soon as posible. But I am not a dev and my skills in android development are very very poor. So, i followed the versions of MIUI by g4rb4g3. They all are very stable and fast. And i want to say once more HUGE THANX to him for his work.
    But when i found this thread today in the morning i decide to make it in english. So, putting together the ROM from 1st post and ENG pack for N1 from MIUI-DEV.COM with some additional editing of built.prop and adding some apps. I made a pack. Flashed it and it is working fine.
    P.S. The only chinese words that i found are in MIUI account registration in Accounts&sync.

Adding: Facebook, Twitter, VoiceSearch, Google Search, gMaps, Street, GMail etc. (all apks are up to date).

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.multiupload.com/PVZRB1NRHK

P.P.S. All you do with this pack is on your own risk. I am not responsable for any damages of your phone.