[Rom][2.2.3 AOSP] DREAMteam Froyo v2.0.0 [9/3/2012]

Search This thread

tvall

Oct 10, 2010
Springfield
currently using this rom since the day it recently got updated. working without ANY issues on my Mytouch 3g. really fast. no fc's, no problems.
using GoLauncher as stock launcher; feels like butter :D
thx again DreamTeam!

So, just making sure, wifi works on v1.9.2?

And the dreamteam thanks you, all the users (mainly for giving us something to brag about to hot nerdy girls [well.. max and ldrifta can. I already have a sexy nerdy girlfriend])
Btw, has anyone heard from max or ldrifta recently? I haven't in over a month

tvall

Oct 10, 2010
Springfield
Finally got a PC set up with Linux and a monitor. So after I figure out how to get froyo to build in debian Sid, the 2.2.3 build should come soon. (Code is downloaded, just need some small changes)

edit: its building. so far so good

and.. build errors. anyone know how to fix this?
Code:
host C++: libutils <= frameworks/base/libs/utils/RefBase.cpp
frameworks/base/libs/utils/RefBase.cpp: In member function ‘void android::RefBase::weakref_type::trackMe(bool, bool)’:
frameworks/base/libs/utils/RefBase.cpp:483:67: error: passing ‘const android::RefBase::weakref_impl’ as ‘this’ argument of ‘void android::RefBase::weakref_impl::trackMe(bool, bool)’ discards qualifiers [-fpermissive]
make: *** [out/host/linux-x86/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libutils_intermediates/RefBase.o] Error 1

next build coming as soon as i get this thing to compile

Last edited:

bresiyel

Nov 16, 2011
Finally got a PC set up with Linux and a monitor. So after I figure out how to get froyo to build in debian Sid, the 2.2.3 build should come soon. (Code is downloaded, just need some small changes)

edit: its building. so far so good

and.. build errors. anyone know how to fix this?
Code:
host C++: libutils <= frameworks/base/libs/utils/RefBase.cpp
frameworks/base/libs/utils/RefBase.cpp: In member function ‘void android::RefBase::weakref_type::trackMe(bool, bool)’:
frameworks/base/libs/utils/RefBase.cpp:483:67: error: passing ‘const android::RefBase::weakref_impl’ as ‘this’ argument of ‘void android::RefBase::weakref_impl::trackMe(bool, bool)’ discards qualifiers [-fpermissive]
make: *** [out/host/linux-x86/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libutils_intermediates/RefBase.o] Error 1

next build coming as soon as i get this thing to compile

That's from an incompatability with the newer gcc. Just edit frameworks/base/libs/utils/Android.mk and add -fpermissive to the line LOCAL_CFLAGS += -DLIBUTILS_NATIVE=1 $(TOOL_CFLAGS).

Reactions: tvall

tvall

Oct 10, 2010
Springfield
That's from an incompatability with the newer gcc. Just edit frameworks/base/libs/utils/Android.mk and add -fpermissive to the line LOCAL_CFLAGS += -DLIBUTILS_NATIVE=1 $(TOOL_CFLAGS).

Thank you! Will try that soon. Thank you!

It worked! New build is almost ready. But my girlfriend is at school so I can't test it... I'll test and upload later today or tomorrow

Last edited:

tvall

Oct 10, 2010
Springfield
Somehow i forgot to include most of the stuff I put in the rom (root, froyo parts, etc). Alpha1.1 coming soon

Link removed.

Last edited:

Dingo_HR

Nov 14, 2007
Zagreb
I just installed it and did not feed the cat.

Problem is that I got wi-fi error, any suggestions?

I found out with some RAM cleaning app I can help but how to install it with no data plan avaiable for now.
Strange to have ROM without file manager.

tvall

Oct 10, 2010
Springfield
I just installed it and did not feed the cat.

Problem is that I got wi-fi error, any suggestions?

I found out with some RAM cleaning app I can help but how to install it with no data plan avaiable for now.
Strange to have ROM without file manager.

Which version? V1.9.1 is tested and works. V2 I haven't tested at all

fleity

Jan 3, 2009
ahh crap. i wanted to try v2 of your rom because no wifi is a no go for me. but like any responsible android user should do i tried to make a nandroid backup before. it took forever and then I aborted it, rebooted into recovery, connected to usb and deleted the 2.4gb file that the nandroid created.
however now my g1 gets stuck on the tmobile bootscreen while normal booting and also gets stuck when booting to recovery (amonRa 1.7.0) with the message:
E: Can't open CACHE:recovery/log

any suggestions how I could fix that?

already tried fastboot flashing the recovery because the bootloader is the only thing that still works but fastboot says: FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)

... should make my own thread? the problems seems not that much connected to the rom...

Last edited:

DorianX

ahh crap. i wanted to try v2 of your rom because no wifi is a no go for me. but like any responsible android user should do i tried to make a nandroid backup before. it took forever and then I aborted it, rebooted into recovery, connected to usb and deleted the 2.4gb file that the nandroid created.
however now my g1 gets stuck on the tmobile bootscreen while normal booting and also gets stuck when booting to recovery (amonRa 1.7.0) with the message:
E: Can't open CACHE:recovery/log

any suggestions how I could fix that?

already tried fastboot flashing the recovery because the bootloader is the only thing that still works but fastboot says: FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)

... should make my own thread? the problems seems not that much connected to the rom...

Did you wipe everything before flash the new rom? if not
-wipe data
-wipe cache
-wipe dalvik-cache
-flash ohsaka-superwipe
-power off and reboot in to recovery
-flash the rom and gapps<--(not necesary)
-reboot

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Nah. I need to fix it then. Thanks for testing

Ok, if you need help to test your next build I can help =)

Eh.. ill work on this later. Expect the build tomorrow or next week (busy with girlfriend all weekend, fun, too distracting to dev)

I hope it will be soon

Last edited:

Dingo_HR

Nov 14, 2007
Zagreb
Which version? V1.9.1 is tested and works. V2 I haven't tested at all

1.9.1 I tried multiple times, now fixed problem with EZGINGERBREAD.

On forum I found that that Error is connected with shortage of RAM in cashe, probably some of users of this ROM could wait Error message in future.

Also I suggest that creator of this rom puts file manager/explorer so people can install apps other way than android market.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome!
    This is the first rom from the DREAMteam. It's AOSP Froyo with a few changes.

Features:
    Autokernel. Ezterry's ezgb v1.5.1f kernel
    Audiohack
    Apps2sdext (froyo parts app)
    Compcache (same app..)
    Other stuff in froyo parts
    Light and quick

Issues:
    If there are any, tell us!

Requirements:
    HTC dream: 1.33.0013d spl and 2708+ radio
    32b sapphire: any. 0013(d) and 2708+ recommended
    32a (not tested by dev team): I have no clue.... a 1.33 spl and a 3.22 radio
    Most tested on the 0013d/28.25 radio/spl
    custom recovery (to flash)
    Ability to read the entire contents of this post

Flashing instructions (for teh newbz):
    1. Wipe
    2. Flash rom
    3. Flash gapps (optional)
    4. Feed the cat(s). Aren't you glad I reminded you?
    5. Enjoy the rom!
    (Note: signing in to Google in the setup wizard hasn't been working. I recommend skipping it and setting up your account in either the settings menu or market)

Download:
    Rom:
    V2.0.0 (newest): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19978192/DREAMteam_Froyo_v2.0.0.zip
    V1.9.1 (old. Android 2.2.2): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19978192/DREAMteam_Froyo_v1.9.1.zip
    Extras:
    gapps
    zeam launcher zip
    ezterry's awesome kernels: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=14768272&postcount=2427
    random apps..

For those of you who use custom mtd, /system use is around 65mb.

Special thanks to:

Devs:
    Maximo360
    Ldrifta

Others:
    Ezterry (advice/help. His awesome kernel. Froyo parts. Various files from his mt3g-test rom)
    Firerat (help and advice)
    Jack and Ginger ale. My drink of choice while pretending to dev.
    And anyone I forgot
    If you think you should be in this list, pm me.

Changelog:

V2.0.0 - 9/3/2012
    Update to android 2.2.3. Some changes from 1.9.2 included.

V1.9.2 - 2/3/2012
    Vm heap size changed to 32m (to hopefully reduce lag)
    Updated kernel to ezgb 1.5.2f
    Other stuff I forgot (been making very small changes since last release. Nothing major) - broken wifi and other things on the dream. Don't use

v1.9.1 - 20/10/2011
    Compcache fix

v1.9
    Various fixes. Market, quadrant, APNs, other stuff

v1.8
    Apps2sd-ext finally fixed! Along with busybox (stupid symlinking problems)

v1.7
    Bluetooth fixed

v1.6
    First release on xda

Note: Do NOT send me (tvall) messages asking questions about the rom, installation of the rom, reporting bugs, or asking about updates (unless told by a member of the team to do so). I will NOT reply quickly or in a helpful way. Post on this thread. People will take you seriously and give you decent answers (usually).

Note: rules on using this rom for other projects

If you use prebuilt anything from releases of this rom, please be nice and send me a pm asking for permission. this is supposed to be an open community, but i hate seeing 20+ cm7 roms with nothing different except name and bundled apps. If you don't ask, and you havent made something different enough from this rom to be worth having its own thread, it may or may not get reported.
    DREAMTeam! I am glad to see our rom finally on xda! We worked hard on this! I hope you all enjoy our rom!

SCREENSHOTS :D :

20110924153853.png
    20110924153701.png

20110924153634.png
    20110924153750.png
    Yeah. They are all on my dropbox and dropbox disables public links for me every couple weeks. I'll try to upload somewhere else on Monday during lunch. No promises.
    So, just making sure, wifi works on v1.9.2?

yup.
    using wifi right now to send this :)
    okay i'm back from the marathon.

i was quite worried about battery life with GPS and GPRS active[I wanted my friends to be able to follow me online], since it never lasted more than 3.5hrs before with any ROM, no matter me turning Airplane mode on, lowering min+max CPU frequency, so I usually take 2 batteries, as I did now as well.

whatever modifications came into force about Froyo 2.2.2, it made my phone last my 4h11m run!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! GPS and mobile network on, background communications and sync obviously off, no music and such,a couple of phone calls and texts, but it did last a marathon of an average runner like me!

now I'm quite sure about that I definitely don't need a new phone yet with this ROM.

this ROM is snappy and stable.

I'm with you guys!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone