[Rom][2.2.3 AOSP] DREAMteam Froyo v2.0.0 [9/3/2012]

Search This thread

askrulous

Mar 29, 2008
London
i can't nandroid backup this rom. is that normal? it is taking forever, the screen has been filled with dots atleast twice...

Doesnt sound right, try reformating the sd. I backed it up no problem with a few lines of dots.

Sent from my Froyo on Dream/Sapphire using XDA App

AndDiSa

Dec 2, 2009
Heidelberg
i can't nandroid backup this rom. is that normal? it is taking forever, the screen has been filled with dots atleast twice...

Are you using / did you use cMTD? This normally happens, when you have cMTD applied to your recovery and you boot up a ROM without applying the cMTD settings to the kernel. After that, the partition layout isn't valid any longer and nandroid runs forever.

Code:
fastboot erase system -w
will help in those situations, as will flashing a "clean", i.e. unpatched recovery.

tvall

Oct 10, 2010
Springfield
thinking of going back to this rom. everything else feels sluggish on my magic/sapphire :/

Yeah. Froyo is the highest version that the device officially supports. So it'll run good. If you want something that wont lag, go back to donut (at the cost of features)

Or try running ics for a while. Any rom will feel smooth after that.

I think this rom is the best balance between smooth and recent. Gingerbread may have some nice features (that I can't go without..), but you can't beet the smoothness of froyo without going to donut

Reactions: juliuscaesar

juliuscaesar

Apr 16, 2009
Shepton Mallet
Yeah. Froyo is the highest version that the device officially supports. So it'll run good. If you want something that wont lag, go back to donut (at the cost of features)

I think this rom is the best balance between smooth and recent. Gingerbread may have some nice features (that I can't go without..), but you can't beet the smoothness of froyo without going to donut
Out of interest; what are the GB features you can't go without?

Shano56

Oct 21, 2011
null
Only part of gingerbread I miss is the keyboard and swipe to clear notifications. For some reason, i always seem to misspell/mistype words on froyo. And being since the mytouch3g doesn't have a slide-out keyboard, its kind of important.

Haha! I think the problem is, I've been using ICS on my incredible, which is smokin fast. makes this feel really slow, especially when texting. know of any good donut roms? Maybe AOSP?

Last edited:

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
AOSP 2.3 has little more than AOSP 2.2
But cm7 has a lot more features than cm6
Truthfully on a g1 you will gain almost nothing with gingerbread but will usually have a much slower OS
If you go into Google's sdk website you can see a changelog between releases and same goes for cyanogen page

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome!
    This is the first rom from the DREAMteam. It's AOSP Froyo with a few changes.

Features:
    Autokernel. Ezterry's ezgb v1.5.1f kernel
    Audiohack
    Apps2sdext (froyo parts app)
    Compcache (same app..)
    Other stuff in froyo parts
    Light and quick

Issues:
    If there are any, tell us!

Requirements:
    HTC dream: 1.33.0013d spl and 2708+ radio
    32b sapphire: any. 0013(d) and 2708+ recommended
    32a (not tested by dev team): I have no clue.... a 1.33 spl and a 3.22 radio
    Most tested on the 0013d/28.25 radio/spl
    custom recovery (to flash)
    Ability to read the entire contents of this post

Flashing instructions (for teh newbz):
    1. Wipe
    2. Flash rom
    3. Flash gapps (optional)
    4. Feed the cat(s). Aren't you glad I reminded you?
    5. Enjoy the rom!
    (Note: signing in to Google in the setup wizard hasn't been working. I recommend skipping it and setting up your account in either the settings menu or market)

Download:
    Rom:
    V2.0.0 (newest): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19978192/DREAMteam_Froyo_v2.0.0.zip
    V1.9.1 (old. Android 2.2.2): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19978192/DREAMteam_Froyo_v1.9.1.zip
    Extras:
    gapps
    zeam launcher zip
    ezterry's awesome kernels: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=14768272&postcount=2427
    random apps..

For those of you who use custom mtd, /system use is around 65mb.

Special thanks to:

Devs:
    Maximo360
    Ldrifta

Others:
    Ezterry (advice/help. His awesome kernel. Froyo parts. Various files from his mt3g-test rom)
    Firerat (help and advice)
    Jack and Ginger ale. My drink of choice while pretending to dev.
    And anyone I forgot
    If you think you should be in this list, pm me.

Changelog:

V2.0.0 - 9/3/2012
    Update to android 2.2.3. Some changes from 1.9.2 included.

V1.9.2 - 2/3/2012
    Vm heap size changed to 32m (to hopefully reduce lag)
    Updated kernel to ezgb 1.5.2f
    Other stuff I forgot (been making very small changes since last release. Nothing major) - broken wifi and other things on the dream. Don't use

v1.9.1 - 20/10/2011
    Compcache fix

v1.9
    Various fixes. Market, quadrant, APNs, other stuff

v1.8
    Apps2sd-ext finally fixed! Along with busybox (stupid symlinking problems)

v1.7
    Bluetooth fixed

v1.6
    First release on xda

Note: Do NOT send me (tvall) messages asking questions about the rom, installation of the rom, reporting bugs, or asking about updates (unless told by a member of the team to do so). I will NOT reply quickly or in a helpful way. Post on this thread. People will take you seriously and give you decent answers (usually).

Note: rules on using this rom for other projects

If you use prebuilt anything from releases of this rom, please be nice and send me a pm asking for permission. this is supposed to be an open community, but i hate seeing 20+ cm7 roms with nothing different except name and bundled apps. If you don't ask, and you havent made something different enough from this rom to be worth having its own thread, it may or may not get reported.
    DREAMTeam! I am glad to see our rom finally on xda! We worked hard on this! I hope you all enjoy our rom!

SCREENSHOTS :D :

20110924153853.png
    20110924153701.png

20110924153634.png
    20110924153750.png
    Yeah. They are all on my dropbox and dropbox disables public links for me every couple weeks. I'll try to upload somewhere else on Monday during lunch. No promises.
    So, just making sure, wifi works on v1.9.2?

yup.
    using wifi right now to send this :)
    okay i'm back from the marathon.

i was quite worried about battery life with GPS and GPRS active[I wanted my friends to be able to follow me online], since it never lasted more than 3.5hrs before with any ROM, no matter me turning Airplane mode on, lowering min+max CPU frequency, so I usually take 2 batteries, as I did now as well.

whatever modifications came into force about Froyo 2.2.2, it made my phone last my 4h11m run!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! GPS and mobile network on, background communications and sync obviously off, no music and such,a couple of phone calls and texts, but it did last a marathon of an average runner like me!

now I'm quite sure about that I definitely don't need a new phone yet with this ROM.

this ROM is snappy and stable.

I'm with you guys!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone