• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][20/03]·· ▄ · .ErykineMT7 v1.1.0 - MT7-L09-L10 B137SP03 · KK-4.4.2 ·

Search This thread

rade228

Dec 17, 2010
Original stock theme, and Android L theme of 1.0.0 are included both in themes, you don't have to install anything.
Regards
Dear Neophyte,

first of all, thank you for your amazing work. I would like to ask you one question if that's ok. I have L09B137SP03 rooted with unlocked bootloader working perfectly with xposed. I am very satisfied with both the device and stock firmware. One thing that's not good is battery life, especially during night when it burns 15% during 8-10 hours. I saw in your post that you made some adjustments regarding battery consumption and I was wondering if that means you've modified the kernel. If so, can I flash your kernel on my official ROM to improve battery life? Or if there's another way to patch official b137sp03 to improve battery life without having to do a full wipe and rom installation phase let me know.

Thank you in advance,
Ra

kareemgonna

Jun 4, 2012
Alexandria
Overheating

Well this Rom is very smooth, except for some stutter every now and then but most of the time it's great. I can say it's leaps forward of the stock ROM. Gaming is improved too but I couldn't but notice that the device temperature during gaming is definitely higher than the stock ROM. It's not so hot that I have to put the device down but it's definitely much hotter than stock. Really appreciate your work here Neo, hope that the drawbacks improve in version 1.2

Update: want to mention that very minimal lag happens after the device temperature goes up also the device rebooted once during playing Spiderman but that didn't happen again even when I tested it vigorously for longer periods of time.

Last edited:

appro77

May 8, 2011
Mackay
Dear Neophyte,

first of all, thank you for your amazing work. I would like to ask you one question if that's ok. I have L09B137SP03 rooted with unlocked bootloader working perfectly with xposed. I am very satisfied with both the device and stock firmware. One thing that's not good is battery life, especially during night when it burns 15% during 8-10 hours. I saw in your post that you made some adjustments regarding battery consumption and I was wondering if that means you've modified the kernel. If so, can I flash your kernel on my official ROM to improve battery life? Or if there's another way to patch official b137sp03 to improve battery life without having to do a full wipe and rom installation phase let me know.

Thank you in advance,
Ra

The stock rom should not be using 15% battery overnight. You have some other problem like a rogue app or the device is not sleeping properly. The stock rom is not your problem.

NeoPhyTe.x360

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 20, 2009
oυτ oƒ иoωнєяє
Well this Rom is very smooth, except for some stutter every now and then but most of the time it's great. I can say it's leaps forward of the stock ROM. Gaming is improved too but I couldn't but notice that the device temperature during gaming is definitely higher than the stock ROM. It's not so hot that I have to put the device down but it's definitely much hotter than stock. Really appreciate your work here Neo, hope that the drawbacks improve in version 1.2

Update: want to mention that very minimal lag happens after the device temperature goes up also the device rebooted once during playing Spiderman but that didn't happen again even when I tested it vigorously for longer periods of time.

I'm working on that now, trying to keep the performance without waste too much battery not increasing the cpu freq much time, decreasing temperature too, for now tests are from 100% to 80% 1:55h screen time

Last edited:

appro77

May 8, 2011
Mackay
Dear Neophyte,

Thank you in advance,
Ra

If you are seeing 15% battery drop overnight there's something wrong with your phone. I'd be looking for a rogue app or a wakelock. That much battery drop over night is not normal.

rade228

Dec 17, 2010
Dear Neophyte,

I've installed your ROM and I have 2 questions:

1) in installation instructions after installing ROM and rebooting you wrote: "Reboot and configure it. (It takes about 15min to apply all settings and tweaks inside it.)".
Is there some configuration app or dialogue for this because I could not find it, my ROM booted normally like the stock with no additional tweaking options to configure. If so, please tell me which options and tweeks are available and how to access them.
2) I am still experiencing 1.2% battery drain per hour during night. My wifi is on and wakelock detector shows only 1% wake time. No user apps are identified as major wakelocks but there are lot of kernel wakelocks. Is this ammount 1.2%/h during nigh normal, and if not, how can we identify the problem? Do you need any screenshots for me to upload?

Thank you

rade228

Dec 17, 2010
Also, my Magazine wallpaper changing lockscreen is messed up after flashing this rom - it has a black bar on the low right. My weather widget is also messed up after reboot with letter supperimposed over each other. Is that because of dpi change in this rom? Also, how can I undo it?
Please help

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

Also, my Magazine wallpaper changing lockscreen is messed up after flashing this rom - it has a black bar on the low right. My weather widget is also messed up after reboot with letter supperimposed over each other. Is that because of dpi change in this rom? Also, how can I undo it?
Please help

If there is no way, what is the procedure to go back to my stock rom?

roy8846

Oct 18, 2006
Please help

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

If there is no way, what is the procedure to go back to my stock rom?

It is because DPI change yes, to go back to stock, install stock recovery, then make a folder called dload on SD card, put stock rom in there and flash from settings menu (not recovery). At least this is what I have read, apologies if any steps are wrong!!

rade228

Dec 17, 2010
It is because DPI change yes, to go back to stock, install stock recovery, then make a folder called dload on SD card, put stock rom in there and flash from settings menu (not recovery). At least this is what I have read, apologies if any steps are wrong!!

Thank you! And if I just want to stick with this ROM and just change DPI back to 480, which lines in the build.prop should I modify?

kxhan15

Mar 30, 2012
COLTON
so, can this be overclocked?? which kernel does this rom use?? can we flash a different kernel with this rom? if so ich kernels are compatible?

kxhan15

Mar 30, 2012
COLTON
so i am curious about this...
this phone has 2 processors 1x4 @ 1.8ghz and 1x4 @ 1.3ghz.
These are basically 2 chipsets linked together. i tried running SetCpu Pro, Rom Toolbox Pro and Trixter Mod. I should also mention I have successfully installed busybox on this.
No matter what I try, all the tools show a max clockspeed 1395 mhz, which is exactly the speed of the lower of the 2 chips. I am wondering if the system by default only looks at the lower of the 2 chips?? If that is the case, we should be able to edit the system or the build.prop to point it to the bigger one (1.8 ghz) or maybe even make it so the system looks at both equally, like a true octa-core processor. I do see in the op that this rom does have a slightly benchmark than the stock rom, which is good. But I would like to see an aftermarket, overclockable kernel for this so we can get the most out of this awesome phone.

kxhan15

Mar 30, 2012
COLTON
Is it possible to get Xposed working with this rom?

Yes, you need es file explorer. Open es file explorer and in the menu section turn on root explorer. Grant su permissions. Set read, write permissions in all 4 categories. Once you have mounted the system, navigate to internal/system/build.prop. Once there look about half way down you'll see a line that says ro.config.hwtheme=1 . Tap on that line and select edit. Change where it says = 1 to 0 (zero). Once you've done this, save your changes MAKE SURE BEFORE YOU EXIT TO SET THE READ WRITE PERMISIONS BACK TO THE WAY THEY WERE, AND TURN OFF ROOT EXPLORER. Once you've done all this reboot your phone. Once your phone comes back up, reinstall xposed the way you normally would and exposed will work. CAREFULL NOT TO EDIT THE WRONG THING!! This is the build.prop, anything you EDIT WRONG can brick your phone!

Reactions: appro77

appro77

May 8, 2011
Mackay
Yes, you need es file explorer. Open es file explorer and in the menu section turn on root explorer. Grant su permissions. Set read, write permissions in all 4 categories. Once you have mounted the system, navigate to internal/system/build.prop. Once there look about half way down you'll see a line that says ro.config.hwtheme=1 . Tap on that line and select edit. Change where it says = 1 to 0 (zero). Once you've done this, save your changes MAKE SURE BEFORE YOU EXIT TO SET THE READ WRITE PERMISIONS BACK TO THE WAY THEY WERE, AND TURN OFF ROOT EXPLORER. Once you've done all this reboot your phone. Once your phone comes back up, reinstall xposed the way you normally would and exposed will work. CAREFULL NOT TO EDIT THE WRONG THING!! This is the build.prop, anything you EDIT WRONG can brick your phone!

Thanks. The only way I can get it to work is to tick "Disabled resource hooks" in Xposed settings. The "AppSettings" module works fine but "GravityBox" refuses to work.

kxhan15

Mar 30, 2012
COLTON
Thanks. The only way I can get it to work is to tick "Disabled resource hooks" in Xposed settings. The "AppSettings" module works fine but "GravityBox" refuses to work.
Because gravity box is such a theme/ui based app. That's why you need to change the hwtheme from 1 to 0. If you do that gravitybox will work just fine. If you do it the way I said you shouldn't need to disable resource hooks either.

appro77

May 8, 2011
Mackay
Because gravity box is such a theme/ui based app. That's why you need to change the hwtheme from 1 to 0. If you do that gravitybox will work just fine. If you do it the way I said you shouldn't need to disable resource hooks either.
Thanks again. I followed your instructions regarding build prop but I'm still not able to use Gravity Box. I might start again and see if I can come up with a different result.
Edit: Are you using Xposed v33 or earlier?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Reboot ROM after 20min from first boot. FULLY WORKING ON MT7-L09. WORKING ON MT7-L10, BUT ONLY WITH ONE SIM, NO DUAL SIM WORKING FOR NOW.
    . ErykineMT7 v1.1.0 - Based on Stock B137SP03 - 4.4.2 -
    l MULTILANGUAGE l

676q6t.jpg
    2livok1.jpg

nds975.jpg
    2cyntro.jpg

qpl5vm.jpg
    9tmvcn.jpg

2is8gaq.jpg
    2z738g1.jpg

ohviq8.jpg
    102joer.jpg

2cpw1na.jpg
    2ykgzex.jpg

2qn8aoj.jpg
    2vadw0o.jpg

Features:
    • Based on official stock ROM release: B137SP03
    • Kernel stock 3.10.30 -00246-g907f1ad-dirty
    • Rooted with SuperSU incuded - (Thanks to chainfire)
    • Android L Themed by default... Based on Shape mod theme by papaver (thanks him) and modified by me to change some things I didn't like.
    • AppDrawer included, no need to install a new lancher, having all features of EMUI, modified by me to get stylish drawer (thanks to JakedUp)
    • Gapps Included (Gmail, GooglePlay, Maps, etc...)
    • Optimized (tweaks) to get the best performance/battery.
    • Tweaks scheduler, I/O, VirtualMemory and CPU
    • LITED ROM, deleted unusable stuff and apps.
    • init.d support
    • Busybox support
    • Sqlite3 support
    • GPU 2D acceleration enabled by default.
    • Decreased vm.heapsize to get better multitasking performance
    • Other changes in build.prop
    • Retouched animations scaling to get a smooth sense.
    • More customizations and things included.
    • Polaris Office
    • Some other settings and files to get it fully working (thanks to KangVIP)
    • Zipaligned

Requirements and Installation:

Ascend Mate MT7-L09 or L10 with unlocked bootloader and CWM recovery installed.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -Enter to recovery with [volume up, + power], make a backup of your rom if you like, before install the rom do a Wipe Factory /data, and Wipe Cache.
    -Flash the ROM .
    -Reboot and configure it. (It takes about 15min to apply all settings and tweaks inside it.)
    -Reboot once you've configured all to get the best performance.

ChangeLog ErykineMT7
    1.1.0:
    • Fixed settings LTE selection (maybe you have to delete settings data or Wipe data/factory to bring it back with 1.1.0)
    • Re.edit animations for smooth sense between apps
    • Changed dpi by default to 440 (it requires a reboot after 20 min first boot). To go back to 480 dpi, edit with some editor /system/build.prop to 480dpi, select 480dpi theme and reboot
    • New theme Aurora created by me and based on other ones (thanks a busywait, Mix_BbN, iconfans, 胡博文, fooox3 and maybe more people I forget now), edited things on theme that don't fit, or don't like.
    • Edited nav bar theme images to 440dpi
    • Modded lowmemorykiller settings to leave a bit more free ram
    • Modified CPU and governor settings to get some more performance when screen is on.
    • Enabled 8 cores with screen on and only 4 with screen off (battery saving with screen off)
    • Try to fix dualsim settings to make it working on MT7-L10, but the most probably is dualsim not working on L10, only 1 sim as the base is for L09.
    • Droping cachés+more free ram with screen off.
    • Changed I/O scheduler to deadline and tweaked to performance.
    • Modified appdrawer box with more apps to 440dpi
    • Zipalign

ChangeLog older releases
    Code:
    [b][i]1.0.0:[/i][/b]
    [list]
    [*]Initial release
    [/list]

Download ErykineMT7 v1.1.0 :

[ Download ROM ]

NOTE: If the notifications bar text is black once installed, re-apply Default (magazine) theme.
    It is recommended to enable Normal power mode (Settings/Power saving) to get the best performance.
    Erykine 1.1.0

1.1.0:
    • Fixed settings LTE selection (maybe you have to delete settings data or Wipe data/factory to bring it back with 1.1.0)
    • Re.edit animations for smooth sense between apps
    • Changed dpi by default to 440 (it requires a reboot after 20 min first boot). To go back to 480 dpi, edit with some editor /system/build.prop to 480dpi, select 480dpi theme and reboot
    • New theme Aurora created by me and based on other ones (thanks a busywait, Mix_BbN, iconfans, 胡博文, fooox3 and maybe more people I forget now), edited things on theme that don't fit, or don't like.
    • Edited nav bar theme images to 440dpi
    • Modded lowmemorykiller settings to leave a bit more free ram
    • Modified CPU and governor settings to get some more performance when screen is on.
    • Enabled 8 cores with screen on and only 4 with screen off (battery saving with screen off)
    • Try to fix dualsim settings to make it working on MT7-L10, but the most probably is dualsim not working on L10, only 1 sim as the base is for L09.
    • Droping cachés+more free ram with screen off.
    • Changed I/O scheduler to deadline and tweaked to performance.
    • Modified appdrawer box with more apps to 440dpi
    • Zipalign

I'm working on that now, trying to keep the performance without waste too much battery not increasing the cpu freq much time, decreasing temperature too, for now tests are from 100% to 80% 1:55h screen time

Just got the source code from huawei gonna start work tonight.