[ROM][20/03]·· ▄ · .ErykineMT7 v1.1.0 - MT7-L09-L10 B137SP03 · KK-4.4.2 ·

Search This thread

NeoPhyTe.x360

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 20, 2009
oυτ oƒ иoωнєяє
I have flashed this ROM now, just a quick question? There doesn't seem to be any way to remove app shortcuts from the launcher without deleting (re-uninstall) them. The app drawer seems a bit superfluous if I still have to have all my apps on the home screens. Am I missing something?

Cheers!

There's no other way with emui, the icons will stay in the desktop. You can hide apps from appdrawer entering in the appdrawer settings and setting "hide applications"

Last edited:

onefish

Oct 28, 2010
Ahh, thanks again for the ROM Neo. I ended up installing Nova launcher. The EMUI launcher sure looks good with the themes but it's just too restrictive for me. Makes me feel like I'm stuck with IOS (LOL). Ended up changing the DPI to 380 and using Xposed + AppSettings module to set the DPI back to 480 for the camera app only (so the controls move back to the correct place). Credits go to XDA member "pystolero" for the exposed tweaks. It's beginning to shape up to be a very useful device now.

onefish

Oct 28, 2010
Neo, I'm about to order a smart cover for this phone but wondered if the time widget would move to the correct place, etc so I turned it on in the settings and ran around the phone with a magnet but the screen never turned off. Doing this turns the screen on my Nexus 7 on and off reliably so I'm wondering if your ROM has lost the smart cover functionality? Also, I can't find any way to change anything about the lock screen. Is that not possible?

Cheers!

TheKaptone

brilliant to see this custom rom I will be giving this a go asap. Love the option of a dark background for the app drawer, this is the fisrt thing i always look for in a custon rom I have never understood why it needs to be so bright white on stock

Anyway thanks for your work looking forward to this

EDIT:Is there any other way to download this room other than via mega

Last edited:

code72

Jun 1, 2005
brilliant to see this custom rom I will be giving this a go asap. Love the option of a dark background for the app drawer, this is the fisrt thing i always look for in a custon rom I have never understood why it needs to be so bright white on stock

Anyway thanks for your work looking forward to this

EDIT:Is there any other way to download this room other than via mega

In stock ROM you have white app drawer? I don't have app drawer...

Reactions: TheKaptone

chongo_au

Aug 2, 2010
Ahh, thanks again for the ROM Neo. I ended up installing Nova launcher. The EMUI launcher sure looks good with the themes but it's just too restrictive for me. Makes me feel like I'm stuck with IOS (LOL). Ended up changing the DPI to 380 and using Xposed + AppSettings module to set the DPI back to 480 for the camera app only (so the controls move back to the correct place). Credits go to XDA member "pystolero" for the exposed tweaks. It's beginning to shape up to be a very useful device now.

Were you able to set Nova as the default launcher?

onefish

Oct 28, 2010
Were you able to set Nova as the default launcher?

Yep, once you've installed Nova (or any other launcher for that matter) you just have to go into "settings / manage apps / default app settings / launcher" and set your default launcher. The default app settings button is on a ribbon at the bottom of the manage apps screen (not real obvious with my 360 dpi).

I do seem to get a popup notification a couple times after I reboot my phone that says "Huawei home has stopped working". The phone is using Nova though and the popup only happens a couple times just after a reboot so I just dismiss it and get on with life!

Last edited:
Reactions: chongo_au

onefish

Oct 28, 2010
In stock ROM you have white app drawer? I don't have app drawer...

This is a custom ROM based on stock. The developer has included an app drawer. Although I found it a bit of a gimick as there is no way to remove apps from the home screens in the stock launcher. So basically you have all your apps on the home screens and also an extra app that takes you to an app drawer and shows you all the same apps again.

If you use a custom launcher like Nova, it has a good app drawer and lets you remove less used apps from your homescreens. The downside is that you can kiss the fancy gold huawei theme goodbuy. There is probably a way to use the theme with other launchers but I haven't even tried.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Reboot ROM after 20min from first boot. FULLY WORKING ON MT7-L09. WORKING ON MT7-L10, BUT ONLY WITH ONE SIM, NO DUAL SIM WORKING FOR NOW.
    . ErykineMT7 v1.1.0 - Based on Stock B137SP03 - 4.4.2 -
    l MULTILANGUAGE l

676q6t.jpg
    2livok1.jpg

nds975.jpg
    2cyntro.jpg

qpl5vm.jpg
    9tmvcn.jpg

2is8gaq.jpg
    2z738g1.jpg

ohviq8.jpg
    102joer.jpg

2cpw1na.jpg
    2ykgzex.jpg

2qn8aoj.jpg
    2vadw0o.jpg

Features:
    • Based on official stock ROM release: B137SP03
    • Kernel stock 3.10.30 -00246-g907f1ad-dirty
    • Rooted with SuperSU incuded - (Thanks to chainfire)
    • Android L Themed by default... Based on Shape mod theme by papaver (thanks him) and modified by me to change some things I didn't like.
    • AppDrawer included, no need to install a new lancher, having all features of EMUI, modified by me to get stylish drawer (thanks to JakedUp)
    • Gapps Included (Gmail, GooglePlay, Maps, etc...)
    • Optimized (tweaks) to get the best performance/battery.
    • Tweaks scheduler, I/O, VirtualMemory and CPU
    • LITED ROM, deleted unusable stuff and apps.
    • init.d support
    • Busybox support
    • Sqlite3 support
    • GPU 2D acceleration enabled by default.
    • Decreased vm.heapsize to get better multitasking performance
    • Other changes in build.prop
    • Retouched animations scaling to get a smooth sense.
    • More customizations and things included.
    • Polaris Office
    • Some other settings and files to get it fully working (thanks to KangVIP)
    • Zipaligned

Requirements and Installation:

Ascend Mate MT7-L09 or L10 with unlocked bootloader and CWM recovery installed.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -Enter to recovery with [volume up, + power], make a backup of your rom if you like, before install the rom do a Wipe Factory /data, and Wipe Cache.
    -Flash the ROM .
    -Reboot and configure it. (It takes about 15min to apply all settings and tweaks inside it.)
    -Reboot once you've configured all to get the best performance.

ChangeLog ErykineMT7
    1.1.0:
    • Fixed settings LTE selection (maybe you have to delete settings data or Wipe data/factory to bring it back with 1.1.0)
    • Re.edit animations for smooth sense between apps
    • Changed dpi by default to 440 (it requires a reboot after 20 min first boot). To go back to 480 dpi, edit with some editor /system/build.prop to 480dpi, select 480dpi theme and reboot
    • New theme Aurora created by me and based on other ones (thanks a busywait, Mix_BbN, iconfans, 胡博文, fooox3 and maybe more people I forget now), edited things on theme that don't fit, or don't like.
    • Edited nav bar theme images to 440dpi
    • Modded lowmemorykiller settings to leave a bit more free ram
    • Modified CPU and governor settings to get some more performance when screen is on.
    • Enabled 8 cores with screen on and only 4 with screen off (battery saving with screen off)
    • Try to fix dualsim settings to make it working on MT7-L10, but the most probably is dualsim not working on L10, only 1 sim as the base is for L09.
    • Droping cachés+more free ram with screen off.
    • Changed I/O scheduler to deadline and tweaked to performance.
    • Modified appdrawer box with more apps to 440dpi
    • Zipalign

ChangeLog older releases
    Code:
    [b][i]1.0.0:[/i][/b]
    [list]
    [*]Initial release
    [/list]

Download ErykineMT7 v1.1.0 :

[ Download ROM ]

NOTE: If the notifications bar text is black once installed, re-apply Default (magazine) theme.
    It is recommended to enable Normal power mode (Settings/Power saving) to get the best performance.
    Erykine 1.1.0

1.1.0:
    • Fixed settings LTE selection (maybe you have to delete settings data or Wipe data/factory to bring it back with 1.1.0)
    • Re.edit animations for smooth sense between apps
    • Changed dpi by default to 440 (it requires a reboot after 20 min first boot). To go back to 480 dpi, edit with some editor /system/build.prop to 480dpi, select 480dpi theme and reboot
    • New theme Aurora created by me and based on other ones (thanks a busywait, Mix_BbN, iconfans, 胡博文, fooox3 and maybe more people I forget now), edited things on theme that don't fit, or don't like.
    • Edited nav bar theme images to 440dpi
    • Modded lowmemorykiller settings to leave a bit more free ram
    • Modified CPU and governor settings to get some more performance when screen is on.
    • Enabled 8 cores with screen on and only 4 with screen off (battery saving with screen off)
    • Try to fix dualsim settings to make it working on MT7-L10, but the most probably is dualsim not working on L10, only 1 sim as the base is for L09.
    • Droping cachés+more free ram with screen off.
    • Changed I/O scheduler to deadline and tweaked to performance.
    • Modified appdrawer box with more apps to 440dpi
    • Zipalign
    Well this Rom is very smooth, except for some stutter every now and then but most of the time it's great. I can say it's leaps forward of the stock ROM. Gaming is improved too but I couldn't but notice that the device temperature during gaming is definitely higher than the stock ROM. It's not so hot that I have to put the device down but it's definitely much hotter than stock. Really appreciate your work here Neo, hope that the drawbacks improve in version 1.2

Update: want to mention that very minimal lag happens after the device temperature goes up also the device rebooted once during playing Spiderman but that didn't happen again even when I tested it vigorously for longer periods of time.

I'm working on that now, trying to keep the performance without waste too much battery not increasing the cpu freq much time, decreasing temperature too, for now tests are from 100% to 80% 1:55h screen time

Just got the source code from huawei gonna start work tonight.