Anyone experiencing stutter, crackling with screen off, while playing music, please flash the attached BoomSound (GSM) ADSP - I also attach the HK (Harman Kardon) ADSP as flashable zip in case you want to test with both. Please report back.
These zips are TWRP flashable zips which use by-name flashing method. Very safe. However, since this is firmware, you need to be S-OFF.
Both ADSP's are taken from the 6.xx versions (6.12.401.4 and 6.xx from Sprint HK, not sure which version exactly).
By the way: the GSM ADSP fixed the sound stutter for me using HTC Music Player. However, SoundCloud still stutters with screen-off. No idea why. It might really need a manipulated kernel for some reason. The issue is a bit weird and not the same issue as we used to have on earlier HK/BS Switcher versions. Dunno why.
Tested a few music apps and found the following:
- HTC Music Player - no issues (local)
- Deezer - no issues (Streaming)
- Solid Explorer Music player - no issues (local)
- Spotify - no issues (Streaming)
- TuneIn Radio - no issues (Streaming)
- SoundCloud - "SlowMo Sound" (Streaming)
- MX Player - no issues (Streaming) (local)
- Total Commander Player - no issues (local)
Ma Man, Sound back again