I'm pleased to present the Ir10 release of my MoDaCo Custom Ice Cream Sandwich for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know.
About MoDaCo Custom ROMs
MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.
In order to use this ROM you must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed - this can be installed using ROM Manager from the Android Market.
The ROM is installed at your own risk. The ROM should be installed using ClockworkMod. A wipe is not required. BACK UP YOUR DEVICE BEFORE INSTALLATION!
Features Include... (many optional via the Online Kitchen) - check kitchen defaults for what is in the prebake:
- Rebuilt, compressed and optimised with the MCR build system
[*]Based on ICL53F with selective merges from 4.0.3 AOSP, also some parts from the latest leaked Samsung release where appropriate
- Stock Kernel and MoDaCo Custom Kernel options (custom kernel is patched to the latest release and adds CIFS support and additional USB host support) - normal, oc/uv and uv only (thanks coolbho3000!) options
- This ROM has a 4.0.3 compatability layer allowing you to use kernels for 4.0.3 ROMs
- Added initial support for contact sync via the Facebook app. Further enhancements to follow, but basically functionality should now be working
- EFS auto-backup script
- 'TweakDeck', Galaxy Nexus optimised Tweetdeck
- Auto backlight settings from 4.0.3 (much improved!)
- All Google components are running the latest
- Superuser application and su binary from ChainsDD for SAFE root functionality
- SQLite performance patch
- Not odexed
- Insecure boot image
- Launcher with rotate support
- Nova Launcher as default launcher (courtesy of teslacoil software)
- Tesla LED option (courtesy of teslacoil software)
- Alternative appstores (Amazon, GetJar patched for maximum compatability and SlideMe Market)
- Faster rotation
- Trackball Alert Pro compatibility
- Alernative UI options (clickable when hidden menu keys with alternate locations, search button)
- Percentage battery mod (circle and normal) by hooolm included - now independent of the UI option
- OdexMe on demand odex application
- Enhanced Power Menu by djmcnz (updated for Ir10)
- Optional 5 row launcher by djmcnz
- Development Tools and ROM Manager options
- Disabled menu key unlock
- init.d support on boot
- Customised keyboard (enhanced prediction options, see advanced settings)
- Offline Gallery (no picasa or Google+ sync, allows Google Plus to be uninstalled / frozen)
- Titanium Backup
- avast! Mobile Security baked in
- Widgetsoid enhanced - notification stays at the top more often and icon is hidden
- XXKK6 baseband
- UGKK7 baseband
- XXKL1 baseband
- Much much much more!
Please see 2 posts below this one for the changelog.
To install this ROM:
- Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your the internal sd card (/sdcard/)
- Restart your device in recovery mode
- PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
- Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to the internal sd card!
First boot may take a while - be patient while it carries out it's pre-dexopt. It's worth it!
Please do not mirror these packs elsewhere, I am counting downloads to determine which prebakes are most popular and should be offered in the future.
The prebake ROMs must be downloaded / flashed in two parts. First flash the core, then immediately afterwards flash the option pack of your choice. Note that when using a kitchen ROM, you need only flash the kitchen download.
- Ir10 core - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 2387694d679206263fec8ba6365c5437
- Ir10 option pack - default kitchen options - DOWNLOAD - MD5: f672c943ecfd438a06d25cc35c78901d
- an online kitchen is also available below for you to bake a Custom Custom ROM.
If you have a general question, please post in the topic. If you have a specific bug report, please visit the issue tracker where you can see if your issue has been reported by someone else, is being fixed, or is indeed new!
It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.
The MCK kernel source can be found in my bitbucket repository.
Future Updates - READ THIS!
By providing this ROM I am not implying in any way that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).
Details on how to donate should you wish to do so are included in the download topic at MoDaCo.