[ROM] 20 Jan Ir10 GSM: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Search This thread

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
(click images for larger versions)

I'm pleased to present the Ir10 release of my MoDaCo Custom Ice Cream Sandwich for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. ;)

About MoDaCo Custom ROMs

MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.

Requirements

In order to use this ROM you must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed - this can be installed using ROM Manager from the Android Market.

The ROM is installed at your own risk. The ROM should be installed using ClockworkMod. A wipe is not required. BACK UP YOUR DEVICE BEFORE INSTALLATION!

Features Include... (many optional via the Online Kitchen) - check kitchen defaults for what is in the prebake:

• Rebuilt, compressed and optimised with the MCR build system
    [*]Based on ICL53F with selective merges from 4.0.3 AOSP, also some parts from the latest leaked Samsung release where appropriate
  • Stock Kernel and MoDaCo Custom Kernel options (custom kernel is patched to the latest release and adds CIFS support and additional USB host support) - normal, oc/uv and uv only (thanks coolbho3000!) options
  • This ROM has a 4.0.3 compatability layer allowing you to use kernels for 4.0.3 ROMs
  • Added initial support for contact sync via the Facebook app. Further enhancements to follow, but basically functionality should now be working
  • EFS auto-backup script
  • 'TweakDeck', Galaxy Nexus optimised Tweetdeck
  • Auto backlight settings from 4.0.3 (much improved!)
  • All Google components are running the latest
  • Superuser application and su binary from ChainsDD for SAFE root functionality
  • SQLite performance patch
  • Not odexed
  • Insecure boot image
  • Launcher with rotate support
  • Nova Launcher as default launcher (courtesy of teslacoil software)
  • Tesla LED option (courtesy of teslacoil software)
  • Alternative appstores (Amazon, GetJar patched for maximum compatability and SlideMe Market)
  • Faster rotation
  • Trackball Alert Pro compatibility
  • Alernative UI options (clickable when hidden menu keys with alternate locations, search button)
  • Percentage battery mod (circle and normal) by hooolm included - now independent of the UI option
  • OdexMe on demand odex application
  • Enhanced Power Menu by djmcnz (updated for Ir10)
  • Optional 5 row launcher by djmcnz
  • Development Tools and ROM Manager options
  • Disabled menu key unlock
  • init.d support on boot
  • Customised keyboard (enhanced prediction options, see advanced settings)
  • Offline Gallery (no picasa or Google+ sync, allows Google Plus to be uninstalled / frozen)
  • Titanium Backup
  • avast! Mobile Security baked in
  • Widgetsoid enhanced - notification stays at the top more often and icon is hidden
  • XXKK6 baseband
  • UGKK7 baseband
  • XXKL1 baseband
  • Much much much more!
Changelog

Please see 2 posts below this one for the changelog.

Installation

To install this ROM:

• Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your the internal sd card (/sdcard/)
  • Restart your device in recovery mode
  • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
  • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to the internal sd card!
If you have problems with Market licencing, check your device date!

First boot may take a while - be patient while it carries out it's pre-dexopt. It's worth it! :D

Downloads

Please do not mirror these packs elsewhere, I am counting downloads to determine which prebakes are most popular and should be offered in the future.

Prebake downloads

The prebake ROMs must be downloaded / flashed in two parts. First flash the core, then immediately afterwards flash the option pack of your choice. Note that when using a kitchen ROM, you need only flash the kitchen download.

• Ir10 core - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 2387694d679206263fec8ba6365c5437
  • Ir10 option pack - default kitchen options - DOWNLOAD - MD5: f672c943ecfd438a06d25cc35c78901d
Kitchen download

• an online kitchen is also available below for you to bake a Custom Custom ROM. :D
Support

If you have a general question, please post in the topic. If you have a specific bug report, please visit the issue tracker where you can see if your issue has been reported by someone else, is being fixed, or is indeed new!

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

Kernel Source

The MCK kernel source can be found in my bitbucket repository.

Future Updates - READ THIS!

By providing this ROM I am not implying in any way that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).

And finally...

Details on how to donate should you wish to do so are included in the download topic at MoDaCo.

Enjoy! :D

P

Last edited:

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
Changelog

17 Jan 10:10 (Ir10-dev)

• Version bumped to Ir10 on device and Ir10-dev on kitchen in preperation for Ir10 release
  • Kitchen defaults tweaked in preperation for Ir10 release
  • Added alternative appstores (Amazon, GetJar, SlideMe)
  • Updated TweakDeck
17 Jan 09:30 (Ir9)

• Nova Launcher is now included in the kitchen (by kind permission of TeslaCoil software) - this will be the default launcher for Ir10
  • TeslaLED flashlight / torch is now included in the kitchen (by kind permission of TeslaCoil software)
16 Jan 16:50 (Ir9)

• Kitchen: fixes for the battery percentage options
  • Kitchen: renamed the incorrectly identified kernel options
  • Kitchen: updated the TweakDeck version
  • Kitchen: removed Trebuchet pending further changes required for 4.0.2 support
13 Jan 16:20 (Ir9)

• Ir9 release!
  • Added exclusive XXKL1 radio.
13 Jan 16:05 (Ir9-dev)

• Added CyanogenMod 'Trebuchet' launcher to the kitchen (user request).
13 Jan 15:00 (Ir9-dev)

• The battery percentage mods are now independent of the UI tweaks!
  • Added 'OdexMe' (a MCR exclusive application by Paul O'Brien) for on-demand odexing
13 Jan 13:50 (Ir9-dev)

• Resolved issue with UI choice options in the kitchen.
10 Jan 16:30 (Ir9-dev)

• Testing with franco kernel and other 4.0.3 kernels identified a GPS issue with the compatibility pack. This is now resolved.
  • Fixed Trackball Alert
  • Added Google Currents to the kitchen (user request) - don't forget you can get MoDaCo on Google Currents!
09 Jan 15:35 (Ir9-dev)

• MoDaCo Custom Kernel r8 (all versions)
  • Kitchen fixes
09 Jan 12:40 (Ir9-dev)

• Based on an unreleased Samsung leak
  • Google Plus changes to resolve clean boot issues (if you get a G+ crash on install, visit Market to install the latest update)
  • Widgetsoid tweak - If you use Widgetsoid to have a toggle bar, this ROM won't show the icon! It will also improve the anchoring of the toggles to the top of the notification bar
  • Abstracted 4.0.3 kernel compatability layer
  • Changes to help fix camera issues with 4.0.3 compatability layer
  • Kernel and various changes to noticeable improve battery life
23 Dec 15:50 (Ir8)

• Version bumped to Ir8 ready for general release
  • Updated all Google components
  • Added Titanium Backup to kitchen (user request)
  • Added avast! Mobile Security to kitchen (user request)
  • Added percentage battery mod (circle) by hooolm (updated to Ir8 compatability) to the kitchen
  • Added percentage battery mod (stock style) by hooolm (updated to Ir8 compatability) to the kitchen
22 Dec 22:15 (pre-Ir8)

• Fixed Trackball Alert support
22 Dec 14:50 (pre-Ir8)

• Added enhanced power menu by djmcmz (patched for Ir8)
  • Added enhanced launcher by djmcnz
22 Dec 13:50 (pre-Ir8)

• Re-added rotation speed enhancement
21 Dec 18:00 (pre-Ir8)
  • Major update to ICL53F (4.0.2) release
  • Android 4.0.3 compatability package - this ROM supports 4.0.3 kernels
  • MoDaCo Custom Kernel (MCK) r7, 2.0.3 source based kernel with CIFS added, regular, OCUV and UV only versions included.
  • Auto backlight levels updated to 4.0.3 settings (much, much improved!)
  • Other minor tweaks and improvements
16 Dec 14:15 (pre-Ir7)

• Minor bug fixes
  • Google app updates (Music, Vending, Plus, Maps)
15 Dec 12:20 (pre-Ir7)

• XWKK9 merge (exclusive leak at MoDaCo, thanks secany!)
15 Dec 11:45

• Ir6 commited to prebakes
  • Minor kitchen default option changes
14 Dec 17:45 (pre Ir6)

• Updated MoDaCo Custom Kernel (MCK) to r5 (standard and oc/uv), removed USB OTG wakelock.
  • Added baseband UGKK7 option.
13 Dec 15:25 (pre Ir6)

• Added EFS auto-backup script.
13 Dec 14:00 (pre Ir6)

• Added initial support for contact sync via the Facebook app. Further enhancements to follow, but basically functionality should now be working.
  • Replaced 'patched TweetDeck with 'TweakDeck'.
07 Dec 10:10 (pre Ir6)

• Added MCK r4 with coolbho3000's OC/UV changes
  • Added 2 step auto-backlight patch
06 Dec 18:10 (Ir5)

• Updated MoDaCo Custom Kernel (latest source including volume fix, patched to 3.0.9)
  • Fixed backlight patch
  • Added XXKK6 radio option (thanks imth!)
  • Added Trackball Alert Free edition
30 Nov 19:50 (Ir4)

• Merged in ITL41F update
  • Optional Offline Gallery (no picasa or Google+ sync, allows Google Plus to be uninstalled / frozen)
28 Nov 10:25 (Ir3)

• New stock kernel with volume bug fix!
  • Faster rotation
27 Nov 10:35 (pre Ir3)

• Launcher with landscape support
25 Nov 13:20

• Added new MoDaCo Custom Kernel (r3) with screen improvements!
  • Added customised stock keyboard, it now support enhanced word prediction (see advanced settings)
  • Added init.d support to boot image
24 Nov 15:54

• Added option to disable camera shutter sound
24 Nov

• Initial Release

Last edited:

lamecake

Jul 9, 2010
Damnit cant wait for my Nexus to arrive! So much awesomeness from you already. Thanks for your hard work!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

Crin

May 1, 2007
Yorkshire
Damn you!!! :)

I'm trying to resist rooting while I ponder taking my Nexus back to swap for one with (hopefully) a better screen, see here.

This is just what I was hoping wouldn't happen! You're too fast man! TOOOO FAAAAST! :)

I'm gonna have a long hard think about how much the banding on the screen really bothers me. Can you fix it for me in some kind of wonder rom? ;)

Crin

May 1, 2007
Yorkshire
You can fastboot oem lock it again if you decide to take it back no?

P

Errrr yeah. Just testing you their. Well done. ;)

I've come from an HD2 running Cyanogen Mod and then MIUI so as it happens, this is my first "real android".

So basically if I root this I can use fastboot to relock it and they'll never know the difference?

escrivel

Feb 28, 2011
...and I tried to resist flashing this time :)
As soon you added the fix for the volume bug - this will be my rom!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    (click images for larger versions)

I'm pleased to present the Ir10 release of my MoDaCo Custom Ice Cream Sandwich for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. ;)

About MoDaCo Custom ROMs

MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.

Requirements

In order to use this ROM you must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed - this can be installed using ROM Manager from the Android Market.

The ROM is installed at your own risk. The ROM should be installed using ClockworkMod. A wipe is not required. BACK UP YOUR DEVICE BEFORE INSTALLATION!

Features Include... (many optional via the Online Kitchen) - check kitchen defaults for what is in the prebake:

• Rebuilt, compressed and optimised with the MCR build system
      [*]Based on ICL53F with selective merges from 4.0.3 AOSP, also some parts from the latest leaked Samsung release where appropriate
    • Stock Kernel and MoDaCo Custom Kernel options (custom kernel is patched to the latest release and adds CIFS support and additional USB host support) - normal, oc/uv and uv only (thanks coolbho3000!) options
    • This ROM has a 4.0.3 compatability layer allowing you to use kernels for 4.0.3 ROMs
    • Added initial support for contact sync via the Facebook app. Further enhancements to follow, but basically functionality should now be working
    • EFS auto-backup script
    • 'TweakDeck', Galaxy Nexus optimised Tweetdeck
    • Auto backlight settings from 4.0.3 (much improved!)
    • All Google components are running the latest
    • Superuser application and su binary from ChainsDD for SAFE root functionality
    • SQLite performance patch
    • Not odexed
    • Insecure boot image
    • Launcher with rotate support
    • Nova Launcher as default launcher (courtesy of teslacoil software)
    • Tesla LED option (courtesy of teslacoil software)
    • Alternative appstores (Amazon, GetJar patched for maximum compatability and SlideMe Market)
    • Faster rotation
    • Trackball Alert Pro compatibility
    • Alernative UI options (clickable when hidden menu keys with alternate locations, search button)
    • Percentage battery mod (circle and normal) by hooolm included - now independent of the UI option
    • OdexMe on demand odex application
    • Enhanced Power Menu by djmcnz (updated for Ir10)
    • Optional 5 row launcher by djmcnz
    • Development Tools and ROM Manager options
    • Disabled menu key unlock
    • init.d support on boot
    • Customised keyboard (enhanced prediction options, see advanced settings)
    • Offline Gallery (no picasa or Google+ sync, allows Google Plus to be uninstalled / frozen)
    • Titanium Backup
    • avast! Mobile Security baked in
    • Widgetsoid enhanced - notification stays at the top more often and icon is hidden
    • XXKK6 baseband
    • UGKK7 baseband
    • XXKL1 baseband
    • Much much much more!
    Changelog

Please see 2 posts below this one for the changelog.

Installation

To install this ROM:

• Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your the internal sd card (/sdcard/)
    • Restart your device in recovery mode
    • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
    • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to the internal sd card!
    If you have problems with Market licencing, check your device date!

First boot may take a while - be patient while it carries out it's pre-dexopt. It's worth it! :D

Downloads

Please do not mirror these packs elsewhere, I am counting downloads to determine which prebakes are most popular and should be offered in the future.

Prebake downloads

The prebake ROMs must be downloaded / flashed in two parts. First flash the core, then immediately afterwards flash the option pack of your choice. Note that when using a kitchen ROM, you need only flash the kitchen download.

• Ir10 core - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 2387694d679206263fec8ba6365c5437
    • Ir10 option pack - default kitchen options - DOWNLOAD - MD5: f672c943ecfd438a06d25cc35c78901d
    Kitchen download

• an online kitchen is also available below for you to bake a Custom Custom ROM. :D
    Support

If you have a general question, please post in the topic. If you have a specific bug report, please visit the issue tracker where you can see if your issue has been reported by someone else, is being fixed, or is indeed new!

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

Kernel Source

The MCK kernel source can be found in my bitbucket repository.

Future Updates - READ THIS!

By providing this ROM I am not implying in any way that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).

And finally...

Details on how to donate should you wish to do so are included in the download topic at MoDaCo.

Enjoy! :D

P
    Changelog

17 Jan 10:10 (Ir10-dev)

• Version bumped to Ir10 on device and Ir10-dev on kitchen in preperation for Ir10 release
    • Kitchen defaults tweaked in preperation for Ir10 release
    • Added alternative appstores (Amazon, GetJar, SlideMe)
    • Updated TweakDeck
    17 Jan 09:30 (Ir9)

• Nova Launcher is now included in the kitchen (by kind permission of TeslaCoil software) - this will be the default launcher for Ir10
    • TeslaLED flashlight / torch is now included in the kitchen (by kind permission of TeslaCoil software)
    16 Jan 16:50 (Ir9)

• Kitchen: fixes for the battery percentage options
    • Kitchen: renamed the incorrectly identified kernel options
    • Kitchen: updated the TweakDeck version
    • Kitchen: removed Trebuchet pending further changes required for 4.0.2 support
    13 Jan 16:20 (Ir9)

• Ir9 release!
    • Added exclusive XXKL1 radio.
    13 Jan 16:05 (Ir9-dev)

• Added CyanogenMod 'Trebuchet' launcher to the kitchen (user request).
    13 Jan 15:00 (Ir9-dev)

• The battery percentage mods are now independent of the UI tweaks!
    • Added 'OdexMe' (a MCR exclusive application by Paul O'Brien) for on-demand odexing
    13 Jan 13:50 (Ir9-dev)

• Resolved issue with UI choice options in the kitchen.
    10 Jan 16:30 (Ir9-dev)

• Testing with franco kernel and other 4.0.3 kernels identified a GPS issue with the compatibility pack. This is now resolved.
    • Fixed Trackball Alert
    • Added Google Currents to the kitchen (user request) - don't forget you can get MoDaCo on Google Currents!
    09 Jan 15:35 (Ir9-dev)

• MoDaCo Custom Kernel r8 (all versions)
    • Kitchen fixes
    09 Jan 12:40 (Ir9-dev)

• Based on an unreleased Samsung leak
    • Google Plus changes to resolve clean boot issues (if you get a G+ crash on install, visit Market to install the latest update)
    • Widgetsoid tweak - If you use Widgetsoid to have a toggle bar, this ROM won't show the icon! It will also improve the anchoring of the toggles to the top of the notification bar
    • Abstracted 4.0.3 kernel compatability layer
    • Changes to help fix camera issues with 4.0.3 compatability layer
    • Kernel and various changes to noticeable improve battery life
    23 Dec 15:50 (Ir8)

• Version bumped to Ir8 ready for general release
    • Updated all Google components
    • Added Titanium Backup to kitchen (user request)
    • Added avast! Mobile Security to kitchen (user request)
    • Added percentage battery mod (circle) by hooolm (updated to Ir8 compatability) to the kitchen
    • Added percentage battery mod (stock style) by hooolm (updated to Ir8 compatability) to the kitchen
    22 Dec 22:15 (pre-Ir8)

• Fixed Trackball Alert support
    22 Dec 14:50 (pre-Ir8)

• Added enhanced power menu by djmcmz (patched for Ir8)
    • Added enhanced launcher by djmcnz
    22 Dec 13:50 (pre-Ir8)

• Re-added rotation speed enhancement
    21 Dec 18:00 (pre-Ir8)
    • Major update to ICL53F (4.0.2) release
    • Android 4.0.3 compatability package - this ROM supports 4.0.3 kernels
    • MoDaCo Custom Kernel (MCK) r7, 2.0.3 source based kernel with CIFS added, regular, OCUV and UV only versions included.
    • Auto backlight levels updated to 4.0.3 settings (much, much improved!)
    • Other minor tweaks and improvements
    16 Dec 14:15 (pre-Ir7)

• Minor bug fixes
    • Google app updates (Music, Vending, Plus, Maps)
    15 Dec 12:20 (pre-Ir7)

• XWKK9 merge (exclusive leak at MoDaCo, thanks secany!)
    15 Dec 11:45

• Ir6 commited to prebakes
    • Minor kitchen default option changes
    14 Dec 17:45 (pre Ir6)

• Updated MoDaCo Custom Kernel (MCK) to r5 (standard and oc/uv), removed USB OTG wakelock.
    • Added baseband UGKK7 option.
    13 Dec 15:25 (pre Ir6)

• Added EFS auto-backup script.
    13 Dec 14:00 (pre Ir6)

• Added initial support for contact sync via the Facebook app. Further enhancements to follow, but basically functionality should now be working.
    • Replaced 'patched TweetDeck with 'TweakDeck'.
    07 Dec 10:10 (pre Ir6)

• Added MCK r4 with coolbho3000's OC/UV changes
    • Added 2 step auto-backlight patch
    06 Dec 18:10 (Ir5)

• Updated MoDaCo Custom Kernel (latest source including volume fix, patched to 3.0.9)
    • Fixed backlight patch
    • Added XXKK6 radio option (thanks imth!)
    • Added Trackball Alert Free edition
    30 Nov 19:50 (Ir4)

• Merged in ITL41F update
    • Optional Offline Gallery (no picasa or Google+ sync, allows Google Plus to be uninstalled / frozen)
    28 Nov 10:25 (Ir3)

• New stock kernel with volume bug fix!
    • Faster rotation

25 Nov 13:20

• Added new MoDaCo Custom Kernel (r3) with screen improvements!
    • Added customised stock keyboard, it now support enhanced word prediction (see advanced settings)
    • Added init.d support to boot image
    24 Nov 15:54

• Added option to disable camera shutter sound
    24 Nov

• Initial Release
    Just a heads up that i'm working with the 4.0.2 update, the 4.0.3 AOSP release and the LTE release ready for the next MCR version. I'm not around much at weekends, but there will be a major update early next week. Thanks for your support as always... some super-cool stuff in the pipeline too! :)

P
    Last edited by paulobrien; Today at 07:39 PM.
    Hiya.

I am currently preparing Ir11 over at MoDaCo which is based on 4.0.4, I plan to update the post here when it leaves the kitchen and prebakes are available!

I'm porting in all the Ir10 features to the 4.0.4 build atm!

P
    Kitchen updated! I know this is a feature a lot of people were asking for! This will come to the prebakes when I release Ir3. :)

P

Changelog

landscapelaunchergn.jpg